Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-22-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol. I know it tastes better with milk, I still don't like it, personally. I've been lifting for a good 8-9 years, I know all there is to know. I just hate the taste.

As for excessive cutting and bulking...lots of guys do it. For many, it's just boredom. It's fun to see how far you can take your body. Seeing the changes can be addicting, as odd as that sounds. I used to take it a lot more seriously than I do now. I'll get into it heavy, every so often. Some of you may recall me posting in here a lot a few months ago. Bulked back up to my high school football weight + a few pounds and then cut forever it seemed and now, I'm leaner than ever. At the moment, I could care less about the proper diet...until I start to see something I dont like in the mirror and then I'll be at again, I'm sure. But really, it's all pretty pointless since I'm not playing sports anymore or in track. So, I just dont go at it like I used to. And I think that's for the best, for me at least.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-22-2010 at 11:41 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I hate all of them. Maybe it's because, I know what I'm drinking and no amount of artificial flavoring can get that thought out of my head.

And right now I've got a couple of brands but most recently, I've just been taking the GNC Pro Performance (chocolate). Protein is protein, especially for me. Since damn near everything works for me, cheap crap or not. But I dont like the taste of any of the ones I've taken.
Try complete 40 . It's expensive, but I don't buy that someone cannot like it. With milk it tastes like a regular shake.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like the GNC weight gainer either. I was just commenting for people who are using it. As for myself, I used it before, but it's just not for me. I don't need to bulk or anything.

I just love working out and getting stronger and I have had great results without using any supplements. Not saying they don't work, because some people do get good results, not all people though.

Oh and moth, i've seen a pic of you. Your arms look jacked.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of great results...my buddy who went off to play D3 football was like 160, and always on the small side when he went to school and now he's a good 210. It sickens me. lol. Went from CB to S to LB rather quickly. He looks like Brady freakin Quinn. HA!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-22-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Try complete 40 . It's expensive, but I don't buy that someone cannot like it. With milk it tastes like a regular shake.
Yeah I know of it, (Opt health) havent ever tried it, though. I'll have to get it sometime.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-22-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i had a cousin who was 6'5 but only like 185 pounds. He joined the military (in bosnia you have no choice, lol). Right after high school you must go to the army. After 2 years he is at 230 and buffed as hell.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-23-2010, 12:45 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today I lifted for the first time since 2006. Last July I went and just maxed benched and got 305, this time I did behind head dumbell pullups and some light weight on bench and arm machine. This is the most sore I can ever remember, and it feels like my right arm is stretched like a rubber band. Thats bad right?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:21 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate when people go to the gym and don't stretch prior to lifting. Hell, some don't even warm up. High school kids just walk in and go straight to the bench and start putting plates on and get under it, never finish sets, and then stand around.

Makes me so mad. I know, I know, it shouldn't matter what other people are doing in the gym but things you notice when you're either a) doing cardio or b) waiting to use equipment.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:38 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I hate when people go to the gym and don't stretch prior to lifting. Hell, some don't even warm up. High school kids just walk in and go straight to the bench and start putting plates on and get under it, never finish sets, and then stand around.

Makes me so mad. I know, I know, it shouldn't matter what other people are doing in the gym but things you notice when you're either a) doing cardio or b) waiting to use equipment.
I hate this too. High School Kids in the gym piss me off a lot. Most of them...just...ugh. That's not to say they're all idiots, but a lot of them are.

Oh, I'm looking to buy more pre workout today. Have a final verdict on Jack3d? How's the entire "pump" thing? Energy good?

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I hate this too. High School Kids in the gym piss me off a lot. Most of them...just...ugh. That's not to say they're all idiots, but a lot of them are.

Oh, I'm looking to buy more pre workout today. Have a final verdict on Jack3d? How's the entire "pump" thing? Energy good?
I definitely would recommend Jack3d. I haven't experienced any crash aside from the post workout exhaustion which isn't abnormal being that I'm as tired when I'm not taking it. Definitely more energy for me. I get super focused and noticed I'm pretty irritable when I'm working out. It hits you the first time pretty good, you feel it in your face (tingling sensation) but after the first time it goes away (it did for me). Again, this is just me and it may not be the same for everyone.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:50 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, think I'm going to give it a shot. Only concern is that I read it has a bit of dimethylamylamine in it, which sort of makes me nervous reading about it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-23-2010, 08:53 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yeah, think I'm going to give it a shot. Only concern is that I read it has a bit of dimethylamylamine in it, which sort of makes me nervous reading about it.
I'm sure you did your research but this breaks down the ingrediets.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/usp/jacked.html

Old 02-23-2010, 08:58 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
I'm sure you did your research but this breaks down the ingrediets.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/usp/jacked.html
Yeah, it's on there. I'm sure they dose it correctly, but it's also used to make some party drug.

Some info on it;

http://ezinearticles.com/?What-is-1,...ne?&id=3324614

That might explain why you noticed irritability. Stuff like that makes me a little nervous.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-23-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny thing is that ON provides the GNC with their whey and GNC just rebrands it.

A lot of cheaper options have come out for protein (MGN on bodybuilding.com) which is, according to reviews, pretty good tasting. All The Whey is also solid.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I have a few buddies who have been lifting much longer than me and are much bigger than I. They swear by not stretching,think it hinders results due to reducing the microtears or whatever and only stick to warm up sets.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen a few studies that say stretching is bad and that doing a few warm up sets is better. I don't really stretch before lifting or cardio. For cardio I'll walk a few minutes before running. For legs I'll squat a light weight and sit in the hole for a few seconds and bench I'll bring the bar down to just above my chest and hold it for a few seconds.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you should do a dynamic stretch routine before high impact cardio (ie running) and a static stretch routine before anaerobic exercise. Flexibility is as important as strength or endurance.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't stretch. Sometimes it's because I just forget, and other times it's because I'm just lazy. Just a warm up set. Maybe some light leg stretches before cardio.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tend to do a light weight, maximum ROM at the beginning to warm up, and stretch after. This is mostly due to my swimming background, as flexibility is needed, especially for the upper body.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I stretch before I do warm up sets and after I'm done my full workout. Warming up is cool, I just hate when people get under 225 after just walking in the door.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

holy smokes, I always did deadlifts with my ass basically on the ground. Now I have been doing them properly with my butt parallel to my knees and wow it is a great back workout
Old 02-25-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

parallel is the way to go with all your lifts basically. Below parallel squats (if you can do them) are awesome. Amazing workout.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-25-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
parallel is the way to go with all your lifts basically. Below parallel squats (if you can do them) are awesome. Amazing workout.
Everyone should be able to do them. Don't go heavy to feed you ego if your form isn't proper. I see 1/4 squats all the time with more weight than the kid can handle. Shake my head and move on.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Everyone should be able to do them. Don't go heavy to feed you ego if your form isn't proper. I see 1/4 squats all the time with more weight than the kid can handle. Shake my head and move on.
You do have to be somewhat flexible and if you have bad knees it's not gonna be easy. But you are right on the form, you see such bad form from ego maniacs.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-26-2010, 08:14 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Anyone do negative sets?