Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-01-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about the 3-day rotation that I'm using?

Cardio - Shoulders - Legs - Abs/Sides
Cardio - Chest - Triceps - Abs/Sides
Cardio - Back - Biceps/Forearms - Abs/Sides

All in that order.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming a rest day after the third, looks fine but that's contingent on the lifts involved.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Assuming a rest day after the third, looks fine but that's contingent on the lifts involved.
Yes, I use a rest day. I try to do 2 rotations per week, but my schedule doesn't always allow it.

On some days, I have to compensate with a Calisthenics exercise instead of weights.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
What do you guys think about the 3-day rotation that I'm using?

Cardio - Shoulders - Legs - Abs/Sides
Cardio - Chest - Triceps - Abs/Sides
Cardio - Back - Biceps/Forearms - Abs/Sides

All in that order.

Not bad, anything your going for in particuliar?

Personally, I like to dedicate a day in particuliar for biceps/triceps/forearms, because after you do chest and back you've already used those muscles quite a bit, so I like to use a day just for all arms so you can dive right in when their fresh.

Then again it always depends on what your looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Not bad, anything your going for in particuliar?

Personally, I like to dedicate a day in particuliar for biceps/triceps/forearms, because after you do chest and back you've already used those muscles quite a bit, so I like to use a day just for all arms so you can dive right in when their fresh.

Then again it always depends on what your looking for.
I'd like to bulk up a bit and get a 6-pack by summer.

With how much I do cardio and abs/sides, I'd probably have a 6-pack by now, but my diet is holding me back. I go out to eat WAY too much.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

With how much I do cardio and abs/sides, I'd probably have a 6-pack by now, but my diet is holding me back. I go out to eat WAY too much.
Yeah the two easiest ways to cut fat out, is eat out less often like 1-2 times a week. And replace your dairy products with fat free dairy. Like skim milk, fat free cheeses, and lean meat so less to no red meat.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If you really want to speed up the ab process, you could always do something at the end of every workout every day you go. Abs are something you can do 5 days a week without a problem, I usually do 4 but if I was wanting to really get where I wanted I'd do 5.

But if you want to bulk up eating alot shouldn't be all that bad, it might be alot of calories and junk food but if you work out heavy it'll still add mass. I'm just a slimmer dude so your frame may be different in which case you would have to eat healthier, but I'd just recommend trying to drink protein with your workout plan and eating diet.

I didn't start bulking up until I was drinking protein 3x a day. I bought this previously:

So you can get the proper protein 1st thing in the morning to break down quickly(whey), and the proper protein before bed(casein to break down slow), it really helps preserve muscle mass and makes bulking up alot easier, it's pretty cheap too. Combine that with one other serving of protein mid day before or after working out and it's going to make everything else alot easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Yeah the two easiest ways to cut fat out, is eat out less often like 1-2 times a week. And replace your dairy products with fat free dairy. Like skim milk, fat free cheeses, and lean meat so less to no red meat.
Reducing carbs from 4pm to bedtime worked for me, as well as fasted cardio in the morning.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the starting football players at the university that I'm taking a few classes at challenged me to a 2 mile race in class a few weeks ago. We had the race yesterday and I beat him by about 6 minutes, and lapped him 4 times. Football players are, by and large in such god-awful shape. Being big is really overrated. A combination of strength, endurance, cardiovascular health, and flexibility is what people should strive for, not a six pack or a certain weight...that's my unwarranted opinion anyways

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to work on my flexibility, I need to get some yoga in.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all set on flexibility....years upon years of martial arts has helped me with that. I gotta work on dropping some fat I guess, but my cardio is still better than most people's so I'm not all that concerned with the aesthetics.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
One of the starting football players at the university that I'm taking a few classes at challenged me to a 2 mile race in class a few weeks ago. We had the race yesterday and I beat him by about 6 minutes, and lapped him 4 times. Football players are, by and large in such god-awful shape. Being big is really overrated. A combination of strength, endurance, cardiovascular health, and flexibility is what people should strive for, not a six pack or a certain weight...that's my unwarranted opinion anyways
Good call...

I don't know who your boy is but its a little ridiculous to stereotype cause you laid a whooping on him.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Doesn't make sense to me. Any athlete will train to maximize their performance within one aspect which serves as a common benchmark for the sport, eg 40yd sprints.

When I played soccer/footy in HS, I had the slowest 3km time because I was a goalie. My focus was on 10m sprints, not long distance endurance.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:31 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Doesn't make sense to me. Any athlete will train to maximize their performance within one aspect which serves as a common benchmark for the sport, eg 40yd sprints.

When I played soccer/footy in HS, I had the slowest 3km time because I was a goalie. My focus was on 10m sprints, not long distance endurance.
The truth..

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm about to play D1-A football at the University of Idaho next year and the main thing the coaches say is to be in the best shape you have ever been in before you get here this summer. Most athletes only think about one portion of training and don't know if you max your body out in every aspect you'll perform at an optimum level. To have a great bench max you need great core strength for example.

Anyways if anyone is looking for a great protein with no banned substances you should try Mass-Peak. It tastes really good with milk and i usually gag after i drink most. Its really good plus its like $55 for 8.8 pounds. Another pre workout I just found is Nano Vapor. I usually max out at 375 on squats on my last set, but i did 3 today. The endurance i got was unreal.
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBryant833 View Post
Anyways if anyone is looking for a great protein with no banned substances you should try Mass-Peak. It tastes really good with milk and i usually gag after i drink most. Its really good plus its like $55 for 8.8 pounds. Another pre workout I just found is Nano Vapor. I usually max out at 375 on squats on my last set, but i did 3 today. The endurance i got was unreal.
Please don't tell me you take 4 scoops of it at a time.

As for Nano-Vapor, there are cheaper and just as effective pre-workouts out there, although you might have to check with your school's trainers to see if they are allowed for the NCAA.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:42 AM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any time you buy a protein they say take 4 scoops, but you end up pooping and pissing all that stuff out. I usually take a protein in the morning when i wake up, then post workout one and one for my stomach to eat right before i sleep so i can power through the night and recover.

Ya It probably isn't. It makes you jittery, but it helps you power though a tough workout unlike black powder.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBryant833 View Post
Any time you buy a protein they say take 4 scoops, but you end up pooping and pissing all that stuff out. I usually take a protein in the morning when i wake up, then post workout one and one for my stomach to eat right before i sleep so i can power through the night and recover.

Ya It probably isn't. It makes you jittery, but it helps you power though a tough workout unlike black powder.
Whew. I've met some people who just follow instructions blindly. One even went to buy out a blender because he couldn't get his weight gainer to mix.

As for pre-workout, I like White Flood and MusclePrime. I think those 2 don't have anything banned by the NCAA.
Ultima is another I like (no caffeine ftw!), but it isn't in stock anywhere and is one you need to go over with a trainer because of the glycerol monostearate.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

Quote:
Whew. I've met some people who just follow instructions blindly. One even went to buy out a blender because he couldn't get his weight gainer to mix.

As for pre-workout, I like White Flood and MusclePrime. I think those 2 don't have anything banned by the NCAA.
Ultima is another I like (no caffeine ftw!), but it isn't in stock anywhere and is one you need to go over with a trainer because of the glycerol monostearate.
The mixers that have the whisk in them work great
Old 04-09-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Good call...

I don't know who your boy is but its a little ridiculous to stereotype cause you laid a whooping on him.
I said by-and-large, as to avoid stereotyping. I've cross-trained with many, many football players, skill positions and lineman, and they almost always have Terrible (with a capital T) endurance and cardiovascular fitness. It's the nature of football, 10 seconds of action, 40 seconds of rest repeat. I don't care about how good a football player/athlete somebody is, I'm talking about their fitness.

Quote:

Short burst athletes aren't necessarily in good shape is my point. You could be a fast sprinter and/or have a really high bench/squat max and be in terrible shape. I'm talking about fitness, not athletic prowess.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Last edited by senormysterioso : 04-09-2010 at 02:16 PM.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I said by-and-large, as to avoid stereotyping. I've cross-trained with many, many football players, skill positions and lineman, and they almost always have Terrible (with a capital T) endurance and cardiovascular fitness. It's the nature of football, 10 seconds of action, 40 seconds of rest repeat. I don't care about how good a football player/athlete somebody is, I'm talking about their fitness.

Short burst athletes aren't necessarily in good shape is my point. You could be a fast sprinter and/or have a really high bench/squat max and be in terrible shape. I'm talking about fitness, not athletic prowess.
Yeah I agree with you. Any time I've played basketball for a long period of time I get gassed, but I don't really get exhausted during a game unless it goes into overtime or the coaches get veer-happy. Running a mile or so hasn't ever bothered me, but it's because of wrestling and I have a long stride.
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got one of these (minus the leg press) for free from my buddy. A $3500 piece of equipment in exchange for a few hours of painting. I am super excited to actually start excercising for the first time in years...

Last edited by The_Dude : 04-10-2010 at 10:18 PM.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:

What really defines good in shape?

You could say the reverse, long distant athletes don't have enough muscles mass on their bodies and can't lift for ****.

Also I find it hard to believe someone that is a fast sprinter be in terrible shape.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
What really defines good in shape?

You could say the reverse, long distant athletes don't have enough muscles mass on their bodies and can't lift for ****.

Also I find it hard to believe someone that is a fast sprinter be in terrible shape.
He probably raced someone on the O-line
Old 04-11-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Aussie Rules is probably THE sport if you want to find an elite overall athlete. You need the endurance of runners, the speed of sprinters and the strength of at least rugby players if you want to be in great shape for it.

I've found that it is a great fitness base to go into basically anything else and that an "unfit" footy player is pretty much going to be above average in every other sport, or at least all the ones I've tried.

Rugby is comparable but a more muscular type of fitness than aerobic, which lends itself less well to other sports that the aerobic fitness in footy but most of you know nothing about it so you have missed the boat.

That said, if you can find somewhere to play a competitive game it will knock you on your ass really good.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote