Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-07-2010, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That can happen at any random time as well. Working out or not.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I workout chest twice a week. Is that too much? I have a day where I do free weights and a day when I do bar. I flip over incline and decline and do different stuff every time.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-07-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I workout chest twice a week. Is that too much? I have a day where I do free weights and a day when I do bar. I flip over incline and decline and do different stuff every time.
i do 5x5 and it has chest...well bench Monday and Friday.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The best way to improve your bench is to get under the bar 2x a week, so no it's not too much. Ditch the decline though, it's kinda useless.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

decline is good for shaping, not so much for gains

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was told by a physical therapist that if I was going to do chest twice a week I needed to do back twice a week too.

Can't remember the exact reasoning but it made sense when he told me.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think I have a very good program. Working well for me. I have time to go to the gym everyday except Sunday. I wanna workout daily but I do not want to stay too long in the gym. This is how it goes.

M: Biceps
T: Shoulders
W: Chest and Triceps
T: Legs
F: Back... little biceps
S: Chest and Triceps
S: Off

I will mix out the workouts every week, but the days stay the same. For example I bench only on Saturdays. One week i'll do 5x5, another week I'll do pyramids, 3rd week I'll do heavy 3 sets.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-08-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
I was told by a physical therapist that if I was going to do chest twice a week I needed to do back twice a week too.

You need a strong back to support a strong chest. Think about it from the perspective of a girl with big boobs.

It's a common misconception that the lats oppose the pecs though....it's actually the deltoids that oppose the pecs.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone take Surge or another designated PWO shake? If so, I can save you at least 50 percent of the cost. Let me know.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
You need a strong back to support a strong chest. Think about it from the perspective of a girl with big boobs.

It's a common misconception that the lats oppose the pecs though....it's actually the deltoids that oppose the pecs.
aren't deltoids the rear of your shoulder?

You Lats stretch from top to bottom and usually girls with big boobs have lower back pains. Weak lower lats/back can't support the top heaviness. Your Traps and Lats help give good posture as to support the weight.

Last edited by brat316 : 10-08-2010 at 12:33 PM.
brat316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post

Most chest exercises are push exercises. Most back exercises are pull exercises. You usually want a 50-50 split between push and pull exercises, so if you're going to do one twice a week, you should do the other twice a week.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Push: chest triceps
Pull: lats biceps

Deltoids are the shoulder muscles. I don't remember if it's the anterior or posterior deltoid that is the agonist/antagonist with the chest. I learned it in grade 12.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

i recently bought the perfect pushup. anyone else ever used this? does it work? is there any tips on what to do?
Old 10-12-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alca1992 View Post
i recently bought the perfect pushup. anyone else ever used this? does it work? is there any tips on what to do?
Its pretty good. Nothing really, just try out variations of workouts.

Wide, narrow, feet up, hands up, elbows in, elbows out. You will get nice forearms. Push up are one of those great great chest exercises.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Its pretty good. Nothing really, just try out variations of workouts.

Wide, narrow, feet up, hands up, elbows in, elbows out. You will get nice forearms. Push up are one of those great great chest exercises.
how long til you see results? im not expecting to look like brock lesner after 3 weeks but im kinda curious how long til you notice results.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alca1992 View Post
how long til you see results? im not expecting to look like brock lesner after 3 weeks but im kinda curious how long til you notice results.
I used it every day before bed to knock out a few reps..every day increasing by 1. I would take the weekends off, and also I did workout at the gym. But with in 2 weeks you'll notice some new forearm muscles and your chest being a little tighter/it pushing out more.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im about to start putting my weight back. My plan is nano vapor pre workout cell tech for post workout and a whole lot of protein.
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Try a gallon of milk...try to finish it in 5 days. A healthy way to add weight. Take skim for example, 1 gallon had 16 servings, at 1 cup. Now each cup had 90 calories no fat, and 8 gram of protein. Now your total comes out to 1440 calories and 128 gram of protein, in a 5 day period. That is extra on top of whatever you are eating. Drink 3 cups a day, 1 in the morning and 2 at night before bed. This way it doesn't interfere or give you a full feeling. And this is just with skim, try 2% same protein but more calories.

Add in creatine and protein to your PWO meals and balance out what you need to eat u'll be set. Cell tech and all that other **** is BS, most of it is. Its just sugar and crap. There are a few good ones but you gotta look around. It is crap because once you come off it, you don't keep the weight on. But once you come of your bulk eating habits, you'll most likley keep the weight on, you'll loose maybe a 2-3 lbs cause your not going to eat as much. But you won't see as much a drop with those weight gainers.

Better off making your own PWO weight gainer. Oats blended up, then add banana, chocolate, peanut butter, creatine, some protein powder and milk. I'm sure there is a better recipe but you get the idea.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is everybody on here so concerned with adding weight? Do you guys play a sport were you need bulk or is it just vanity/an arbitrary benchmark?

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Why is everybody on here so concerned with adding weight? Do you guys play a sport were you need bulk or is it just vanity/an arbitrary benchmark?
A bit of everything for me. Why can't I add and loose weight to make my muscle stick out more? Or to help me out a little for when I play football on the weekends with my buddies.

Aren't you the one who said football players are the worst athletes cause you had a 2 mile race with one and lapped him twice. But I be if you both raced in a 40, he probably could beat you backwards.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
A bit of everything for me. Why can't I add and loose weight to make my muscle stick out more? Or to help me out a little for when I play football on the weekends with my buddies.

Aren't you the one who said football players are the worst athletes cause you had a 2 mile race with one and lapped him twice. But I be if you both raced in a 40, he probably could beat you backwards.
Not the worst athletes, I said that they tend to not be the most physically fit. Quick twitch athletes who can only go for about 15 seconds at a time are of no use to me. My bias is that of a soldier, because that's what I am. We get football stars that think their studs all the time because they bench 350 and run 4.5 but 9 times out of 10 they end up being worthless. I'm all about good functional strength and weight. The thing with extra bulk is, you have to carry what you grow and trust me every pound matters.

Different people have different goals, I get that. The thing that gets me is that people seem so much more concerned with appearing strong and fit than actually being strong and fit.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 10-14-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I believe most people will rather look strong and fit, no matter how strong and fit they are. It's the looks that count.

But for me they overlap.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-14-2010, 11:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

If you look strong, as in muscle popping out and veins you usually are strong.

But there are guys who don't look strong, or like that at all and are putting up a **** ton of weight in DL or squats.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I believe most people will rather look strong and fit, no matter how strong and fit they are. It's the looks that count.

But for me they overlap.
It's not the look that counts if you actually have to do something physical! I'm 6'3 180-90 lbs depending on if you catch me before or after a meal or a dump and the oda's that I work with are more often than not just like me, lanky dudes that can go forever.

For me, one rep maxes and how fast you can sprint 40 yards are absolutely irrelevant to anything that happens in life...for you guys maybe they're not. It is what it is I guess.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 10-15-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't see how running 20 miles can be relevant to anything you do in life. Really what is relevant?

Quote:
we all hate you