Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-14-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I don't see how running 20 miles can be relevant to anything you do in life.
When you're in Afghanistan sometimes an objective is 20+ miles away from where you are. Sometimes you have to get there on foot. I'll tell you this, having to move 20+ miles on foot with around 80 lbs on my back has come up a hell of a lot more than having to push 250 off of my chest.

Like I said, it's different people trying to accomplish different things. I didn't mean to call anybody out, my bad.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I don't get is why you would compare football players to soldiers. Football players are trained to go 5 seconds at a time with the most energy exerted, while soldiers are trained to go for longer. It doesn't mean that football players are not physically fit, they're just not trained to be fit like soldiers.

They are different "sports" and require different types of physical fitness.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really there are only 4 reasons for being in shape...

1. Work. Be it as a pro athlete or some other job, in this case you should be in the shape your job requires.

2. Health. Being healthy is a great reason to stay in shape and probably the most relevant along with #3 for most people.

3. Looks. Like it or not, women are attracted to men in good shape and that is a major incentive to be in shape, for a lot of people it is more important than point 2.

4. Sport. Where this isn't work, it is recreational. Depending on the sport will depend on the kind of shape you want to be in but for a lot of people it is a good reason to be in shape.

There really isn't any reason outside of those 4 things to justify working out, if you honestly don't care about any of those then you wont work out, depending on which of those you prioritise will determine your focus when exercising. For health and looks, generally a little extra is a good thing as long as it is added in the right circumstances. There is both a low and high point where weight is unhealthy but generally adding muscle is going to be good for your long term health(note not excessive muscle) and to the majority of women a strong looking male is a better look.

That's just the way it is in our society.

So most people will be working out for reasons 2 or 3 with perhaps a bit of influence from 1 and/or 4 and thus most people want to add weight so they will look better at the end of it.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there is another factor that you could put up there as to why people work out.

To get stronger. Plain and simple. Not the looks, not for work or health.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-14-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll tell you this, having to move 20+ miles on foot with around 80 lbs on my back has come up a hell of a lot more than having to push 250 off of my chest.
Soldiers are different though, you train for that sort of thing, in everyday life what a footballer trains to do is FAR more relevant. Running for a bus or train, pushing/pulling things that are in the way, opening jars, lifting crap are all things that training for football helps with. The only time I've ever had to cover 20 miles at any point is for training or when I have to walk home on nights when you just can't find a cab and I don't think I've ever had to go that far and I certainly didn't jog or run the majority of it.

Quite simply, 99% of the population is not going to have to run 20 miles at any point in everyday life by necessity, it will be something they want to do to show they can or to improve fitness. Running a 40 yard sprint is far more common and likely.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
To get stronger. Plain and simple. Not the looks, not for work or health.
You could argue that strength is a part of health as really being faster or stronger is a good symptom of being healthier and as has been covered earlier in the thread you can often get strong people who look weak and vice versa.

You could also just as legitimately make it its own category if you wanted but I would throw it under health.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
You could argue that strength is a part of health as really being faster or stronger is a good symptom of being healthier and as has been covered earlier in the thread you can often get strong people who look weak and vice versa.

You could also just as legitimately make it its own category if you wanted but I would throw it under health.
I guess you could swing it that way, but you can be very healthy and never work out. I have to say though, when I hear workout I'm thinking lifting weights and that's it and that is not exactly "healthy". You could still eat right, and idk what stretching and yoga fall into.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-15-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I guess you could swing it that way, but you can be very healthy and never work out. I have to say though, when I hear workout I'm thinking lifting weights and that's it and that is not exactly "healthy". You could still eat right, and idk what stretching and yoga fall into.
Again I guess it's a definitions thing, I was thinking more "exercising" than working out, though I think the two are similar terms anyway. Working out is generally linked with weights and other similar activities but I think you could also consider a run a work out!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBryant833 View Post
Im about to start putting my weight back. My plan is nano vapor pre workout cell tech for post workout and a whole lot of protein.
Don't take nano vapor, dont take cell tech. Drink coffee or green tea and take b vitamin before. Take whey after or a carb-protein blend
Old 10-15-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Do what Rob says, don't spend your money on stupid supplements.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-15-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alca1992 View Post
i recently bought the perfect pushup. anyone else ever used this? does it work? is there any tips on what to do?
it works the same as a regular push up. There is really no difference in muscle activation. Companies just get to take your money.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

The perfect pushup is the pushup.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-15-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats good creatine?
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Yoga is definitely a workout to me. I can lift weights all I want, but yoga is a *****.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have yoga class this semester..holly shiit. My hip flexors are much, much tighter and my hammys ohh man.

I'm usually sweating like I just did 2-3 sets of DL, after 40 mins of yoga.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBryant833 View Post
Whats good creatine?
GNC monohydrate
Old 10-15-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
GNC monohydrate
I bought the ONs micronized creatine, 20 dollars.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I bought the ONs micronized creatine, 20 dollars.
GNC, ON, whatever. Just don't buy ultra cheap crap and buy monohydrate and your fine with creatine.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.fitnessanywhere.com/?_kk=...FcT75wodqRDuJQ

I bought one of these last week. It's pretty expensive but it's such a great workout. Highly recommend it.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

$200 for some straps? I don't think so. They will get boring after a while and there are cheaper alternatives.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-18-2010, 02:59 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i do alot of fapping to build my forearms and biceps.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's where I'm at. After a few months of hard ass cardio training and eating cut backs by September I was 188 pounds. Muscular, lean, starting to see some ab definition, etc.

Fast forward to now. I've been eating more, drinking a lot of protein shakes, (consuming a ton of protein for that matter), more intense lifting, less cardio (but still some) etc. Now I'm up to 194. While I've definitely gotten more muscular, it seems to be more of a bulk than a clean/lean muscle. My stomach specifically has appeared to have gotten more bloated, and chest a bit puffier than defined as it was before. (No ***** tits though!) Now, I have no problem putting on weight, I'm just not a fan of this blown up I'm starting to see. Is there anything I should be doing specifically workout/eating wise?
Old 10-20-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Its all the bulking and cutting phase. Nothing new or ab normal. You've just put on a little fat layer for the winter.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Do lighter weight and more reps when you workout. Try to get some more cardio in if you can. Eat light food with protein but still that can fill you up. Something like eggs for breakfast, milk is always good. Try to avoid too much sugar and salt. Get your hands on some Green Tea. Almond nuts are also crazy good if you're trying to not gain weight, but strengthen the muscle.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-20-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

This reminds me...I need to replace sugar in my coffee with something else. I drink 2 cups in the morning of instant coffee, and I add about 4 spoons of sugar in total to the coffee. I'm starting to take notice of the sugar, I don't want to milk it down, I don't like creamer it makes the coffee taste like more water. I like black and sugar. Any suggestions?