Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-20-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
This reminds me...I need to replace sugar in my coffee with something else. I drink 2 cups in the morning of instant coffee, and I add about 4 spoons of sugar in total to the coffee. I'm starting to take notice of the sugar, I don't want to milk it down, I don't like creamer it makes the coffee taste like more water. I like black and sugar. Any suggestions?
powdered stevia is good, but learning to appreciate a good cup of black coffee is best ;)

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

P90X plyometric workout just kicked my ass for an hour and that was after my normal running routine. I am hooked on this P90X stuff. This was the first time I tried it. Now I just need to get some small weights and a bar so I can do the other workouts.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So i recently got a ipod shuffle, I never had one, didn't see the need. I like to play games on the itouch but other than that haven't had one for this long. So I have this and plan on using it to clip to my shirt and work out, any music you guys recommend. I'm open to almost everything, but country and heavy hardcore death metal.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

alright, so im losing weight....exact opposite of what i want to do. I gained 15 pounds of muscle this summer from workin out trying to get better for baseball. Now we are doing our every morning work outs and what not and im taking my protein and weight gainer but ive lost 10 pounds like bam!

Idk what the **** is going on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See with morning workouts you need more calories, protein and ****** weight gainer will not cut it. You need real food. You metabolism will work extra hard from morning workouts till you sleep.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See with morning workouts you need more calories, protein and ****** weight gainer will not cut it. You need real food. You metabolism will work extra hard from morning workouts till you sleep.
Well i wake up every morning and drink my shake and toast with peanut butter and come back to eat an actual breakfast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Well i wake up every morning and drink my shake and toast with peanut butter and come back to eat an actual breakfast...
If your losing weight, eat more. It's easy.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:45 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
okay. Now just eat 6 more meals with good whole calories, not empty fillers.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna start a routine at the gym next week, basically aiming to tone up (gain muscle/burn fat). What would be a good routine for me?
Old 11-05-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I'm gonna start a routine at the gym next week, basically aiming to tone up (gain muscle/burn fat). What would be a good routine for me?
There are a lot of things you could do. If you want the quickest results, I'd say do high intensity stuff. Do more reps with lower weight, go hard on them though. Do some cardio and sprints.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Low rep high weight, track your food intake, and HIIT on non-lifting days. Fasted HIIT/interval running in the morning if you can.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Rob I need some help on my A2G squats. When I'm doing parallel squats, Im good with my back being flat and straight. Even when I go a bit below its good. But when I sink all they way down, I think the bottom of my back rounds out a bit. Any advice? Some guy pointed this out to me and said just not to go that low. My knees are behind my toes, shoulder width stance and my stoamch either touches my thighs or goes in between them. You think I maybe leaning forward when I get that far down?
Old 11-23-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rob I need some help on my A2G squats. When I'm doing parallel squats, Im good with my back being flat and straight. Even when I go a bit below its good. But when I sink all they way down, I think the bottom of my back rounds out a bit. Any advice? Some guy pointed this out to me and said just not to go that low. My knees are behind my toes, shoulder width stance and my stoamch either touches my thighs or goes in between them. You think I maybe leaning forward when I get that far down?
hmm...as long as you can get slight above parallel with no rounding I would keep doing those. A2G would be nice though and I suspect flexibility could be the issue here (or the fact that you cant A2G the weight you had on the bar). Keep doing squats as low as you feel comfortable with the warmups being of the A2G variety since the weight will be lighter and you shouldn't round and throw in some good stretching for after lifting. Once your form feels pretty dialed on A2G, slowly phase it in the your main sets.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I've been doing this for 9 weeks now. I am doing the 5x5, with the link to the table you had on here. No pain so far, just some guy pointed it out to me this week. I'm at 180 lbs for A2G doesn't seem to be a problem.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any of you guys hear of the flex belt? Do you think it works?

http://www.theflexbelt.com/?mcp=2098... nd4AodlWgpXg

I spend a good hour on abs. I do v ups, then as many crunches as I can (knees and arms touch). I give myself some decent rest in between sets.

However, if this thing works, that would do wonders for me. I commute an hour to work and an hour back. If I can just strap this puppy on and have it work my abs while im driving, that would save me an hour of workout time a day, and i can use that to focus more on my chest, arms, and legs depending on the day (i work out a different muscle group each day).

I am also very aware that this is most likely a scam, but all the reviews online say it actually works, so now im curious.

Anyone have this or know someone who does?
Old 11-23-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Any of you guys hear of the flex belt? Do you think it works?

http://www.theflexbelt.com/?mcp=2098... nd4AodlWgpXg

I spend a good hour on abs. I do v ups, then as many crunches as I can (knees and arms touch). I give myself some decent rest in between sets.

However, if this thing works, that would do wonders for me. I commute an hour to work and an hour back. If I can just strap this puppy on and have it work my abs while im driving, that would save me an hour of workout time a day, and i can use that to focus more on my chest, arms, and legs depending on the day (i work out a different muscle group each day).

I am also very aware that this is most likely a scam, but all the reviews online say it actually works, so now im curious.

Anyone have this or know someone who does?
Never used it but i would say just put in the work. Abs shouldn't be a big focus anyways. Stimulation and growth can come from nondirect work.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Never used it but i would say just put in the work. Abs shouldn't be a big focus anyways. Stimulation and growth can come from nondirect work.
i can feel my abs underneath a thin layer of fat. it's muscular in there, i just can't shed that extra layer of fat to get them to show though.

I'm more worried about strengthening my lower core though. I feel that i can do some work there.

I mainly focus on legs and trying to focus more on core. My upper body is the last thing I work on, just bc I feel that most of your functional every day strength comes from your core and legs, and bc I can't spend too much time every day working out, i rather focus on the bigger muscle groups.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yo bbd hows your diet? that could get you that 6 pack.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yo bbd hows your diet? that could get you that 6 pack.
i don't necessarily have a strict diet.

i cut soda completely out of my diet. nowadays its either water or orange juice. other than that, i just try to eat smaller portions.

i don't have time for 5 meals a day, i eat 3 times, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya IDK exactly what you are eating but try that before you buy that thing. It sounds like a scam.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

i kind of accepted the fact that i will never have a 6 pack (a visible one), i just wanted to be lazy and get out of doing ab exercises :)
Old 11-23-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

20 minutes of ab ripper x is all you need.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I made the horrible decision to not walk the extra 5 steps when I came home tanked the last two days, and just slept on the couch. Now I have a horribly sore neck/shoulder area (right side). Any tips for stretching it out?
Old 11-26-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where your neck is sore try pinching with your thump and forefinger in a downward motion, like you're grabbing the muscle (not overly hard) and pulling it, that helps me when I have a sore neck.

Get a friend female or otherwise to massage as hard as they can in the sore spots too. Female is better, for getting a hard-on but they tend to have weak extremities.

Despite the silliness of the last part, I'm serious, it will help immensely with the niggles.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If everything works out for me as planned I'll be heading to Benedictine College which is a small DII school out in Atchinson, KS to play football for 2 more years. I'll be getting there in Jan for spring football which gives me a ton of time before the actual season to gain weight and get stronger.

I am 6'1 and was 160 on Nov 1st and I'm up to 172. I gain weight really fast if I'm on a strict diet and eating schedule but can lose weight also if I stop eating properly. Is 180 still a realistic goal for mid Jan by the time I report?

I've been drinking Whey Protein at 5am, eating a full breakfast at 7, full lunch at 11, large serving of protein at 2pm called serious mass which has 1600 calories and 60g protein taken right before my workout, cell tech after workout, dinner at 7, peanut butter sandwich on wheat at 9pm, casein protein before bed.

If there's anything else I could be doin to speed up weight gain or strength gains in the next 2 months I'd be up for suggestions. Only supps I am using other then protein are NO2 Black and Cell Tech. I keep the morning and night protein light and simple, nothing heavy and thick like my mid day serving.

Longterm I am shooting for 190 by September for the season, but I want to show up a respectable 180 by report date. I think for me being a WR 190 would be up to taking some of the punishment which was my problem before was getting hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote