Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-21-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last 6 weeks I've done:
Day 1 legs - squats, hack squats, front squats, lunges, etc
Day 2 chest/tris/shoulders - bench, clean and press, close grip bench, etc
Day 3 back - deadlifts, barbell rows, shrugs, etc

Starting March 1 I'm going to do:
Day 1 (Heavy deadlift day and back)
Deadlift - 6 sets ending with 1 rep max
Benchpress - 3 sets ending at 80% of 1 RM
Hack squat - 3 sets ending at 80% of 1 RM
Barbell rows - 4 sets ending with 1 RM
Dumbbell shrugs - 4 sets

Day 2 (Heavy chest day and triceps)
Benchpress - 6 sets ending with 1 RM
Squat - 3 sets ending with 80% of 1 RM
Good mornings - 3 sets ending with 80% of 1 RM
Close grip bench - 4 sets ending with 1 RM
Weighted dips - 4 sets

Day 3 (Heavy squat day and shoulders)
Squats - 6 sets ending with 1 RM
Deadlift - 3 sets ending with 80% of 1 RM
Dumbbell bench - 3 sets ending with 80% 1 RM
Clean and press - 4 sets ending with 1 RM
Dumbbell shoulder press - 4 sets

Obviously I'm doing some form of bench, squat and deadlift every workout, which I'm excited about. I'm going to mix up what lifts I do but I am going to stick with doing the standard squat, bench and deadlift twice a week. Also going to start and end every workout like I do now with a circuit of pushups, pullups, dips, supine rows, hindu squats and handstand pushups.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you guys say you workout for the look, and stats, or to be healthy in general
Old 02-21-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
Would you guys say you workout for the look, and stats, or to be healthy in general
To be healthy. Also, I just enjoy pushing myself to physical limits.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I can dominate my friends when I play football with them. Explosive lifts for the win.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Pretty much everything. As someone who used to be heavy, it's nice to be in very good shape. I really don't care about the stats. It's not something I need to tell everyone I meet. Being healthy is a plus, and I find it to be great stress relief.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of the above. I just love the feeling after a great workout.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have numeric goals and like to be able to measure progress. I also like my sleeves to have to stretch a little. My wife likes big gunz. Also, the more lean body mass you have the faster your body can burn fat even when you're just sitting around. It also comes in handy when friends ask me to help them with things. I guess for me it's a combination of stats, looks, and functionality.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I workout because its gonna improve my wrestling. Once Im done wrestling I will still be lifting. IDK if its gonna be for strength or bodybuilding. Time will only tell.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right now its to get healthier. I wouldn't say I'm fat, but I'm overweight. I already know that even if I get myself to top shape, I'm still going to be "big". I'm pretty much build big, all the way around, except for my height. Even if I get my body fat to an insanely low mark, I will not be skinny, the best I can go for is trim. I already have a tone of muscle on my frame, and its just covered up by glop, which is what I'm getting rid of now. So ultimately as I work out I will look better, but I'm doing it to get healthier, and even in the little bit of running I've been doing recently (the most running I've really ever done in my life), I've noticed a big difference. I'm trimming down and a lot of the things I do for work that made me breathe harder (mostly carrying toolboxes or other heavier tools from our truck to rooms inside) are no harder than just walking in carrying nothing. Its actually funny for me to look forward to running now, because for the rest of my life, I culdn't just run. I feel it already and for the first time since I was working our for football back in high school I look forward to going into a workout. But back then I, hated the running, now I go to the gym and I walk in excited to start. It sounds weird, but I catch myself smirking when I'm running, but that may have as much to do with a lot of things going on that I'm happy with right now.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Pretty much everything. As someone who used to be heavy, it's nice to be in very good shape. I really don't care about the stats. It's not something I need to tell everyone I meet. Being healthy is a plus, and I find it to be great stress relief.
Right now part of the motivation besides already feeling better is wanting to get to the point where I can consider myself in very good shape. Compared to how I felt a month ago, I feel much better, and I'm still in meh shape. I can't wait to feel what it feels like to be in very good shape, its been a long time since I was truly healthy, and I really don't remember what its like to be "fit". Until recetnly, I didn't really care about fit, I'd go into a workout just lifting and doing minimal or no cardio and thought that was good enough. I really regret all that wasted time now.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

As for the whole "stats" thing, I've always been lower body dominant, and get most of my strength from my legs and core, and hadn't been as good with upper body workouts. My best bench ever was 315, and I'm nowhere near that, and don't even know how long it'll take to attain that. But I see the "stats" thing similarly to the way killxswitch does. I've always been the go to guy for my friends when they need help moving things around, even when I wasn't working out. My body just naturally has a lot of muscle mass, and right now all I'm doing is trying to get rid of the extra.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I workout because its gonna improve my wrestling. Once Im done wrestling I will still be lifting. IDK if its gonna be for strength or bodybuilding. Time will only tell.
You know, you can easily do both.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-22-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Looks
2. Health
3. If you have the above, what do stats matter?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Sport
2. Looks
3. Health

Don't really care outside those 3. Sport is certainly the most important reason for me though and the rest are just nice bonuses.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
3. If you have the above, what do stats matter?
just for a hoppy, or a form to compete. its like saying why do sports matter if you arent having a career or helping ppl with it. its just a hobby and most hobby can be argued as a waste of time.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About ten friends of mine and I have decided to head to Puerto Rico for Spring Break 2012.
So I've started "Project Puerto Rico", where we all get back into a hardcore workout regimen.
Essentially, it's a "Get your beach body ready" with some friendly bets (buying dinner) for certain goals.
Who's gained the most muscle mass, highest bench, etc...
That's obviously between the guys, excluding the wifes and girlfriends.

I'm pretty excited bc being a parent to a two yr old, being a college student, having a pregnant wife and being active duty TAKES UP A LOT OF TIME.
I was going to the gym probably twice a week.
Since I've started Project Puerto Rico, I've gone to the gym at least 4 times/week.
My biggest issue now is that I have a stress fracture in my right leg that's gotten worst.
The Dr has forbidden me from doing anything that's not walking.
No BBall, running, jogging, skpping... nothing... so I've picked up swimming.
Holy ****! I've only swam for fun, not as a cardio workout, that **** whoops my ass.
I like it though 'cause it makes me feel like I'm actually accomplishing something
(unlike the bike or elliptical)

Puerto Rico... I'm coming home, baby!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

That sounds like a lot of fun.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-22-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
You know, you can easily do both.
how? Everything I studied strength workouts and BB workouts are completly different.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
how? Everything I studied strength workouts and BB workouts are completly different.
Building your body builds strength. IDK how it's possible not to get stronger while body building.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-22-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

you do get stronger but you dont see the results that you would if you did a 5x5 workout.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My impression is that you should lift for strength at first. Once you've built a solid foundation you can move on to the BB bodypart split workouts. Jumping into a BB workout right away isn't going to do much because you don't have the strength to make any decent gains yet.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, I'm looking to get into a workout that focuses/ puts heavy emphasis on explosive lifts.

Any suggestions?

I have a workout to get cut, one to gain mass... Kind of bored with it all, I feel like some explosive lifts would liven things up, help my overall athleticism, and get me more cut.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been a while since I posted in here, and since I did I've gained significant amounts of weight. My heaviest was about 6 weeks ago at around 255 when I decided I'd had enough of that ********. Over the past 6 weeks Ive been on a really limited diet and doing intense cardio and lifting weights daily. I've lost around 19 pounds so far but Im looking for any advice whatsoever about losing weight. Right now I'm about 6'2 235 and I'm looking to lose about 40 more pounds, so any advice on losing large amounts of weight, especially in concerns to diet, would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:25 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Hey, I'm looking to get into a workout that focuses/ puts heavy emphasis on explosive lifts.

Any suggestions?

I have a workout to get cut, one to gain mass... Kind of bored with it all, I feel like some explosive lifts would liven things up, help my overall athleticism, and get me more cut.
If I were you I would kind of combine those three aspects into one workout if you are tired of what your doing. I don't necessarily have a workout I could give you per say but doing stuff like cleans, working with kettle balls, jump squats, explosive push-ups can all be added into your regular workout. Or even try putting a twist on the some of the exercises you already do to make them explosive. Example could be if doing a dumbbell push press, why not try a squat jump and push press. Experiment with some stuff!

If you were to day of just explosive stuff I'd recommend looking into some good plyometric exercises.

stephenson86

Last edited by JF4 : 03-01-2011 at 01:27 AM.
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. to get laid
2. to get laid
3. to get laid

every guy's real reason to working out.