Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-01-2011, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
My impression is that you should lift for strength at first. Once you've built a solid foundation you can move on to the BB bodypart split workouts. Jumping into a BB workout right away isn't going to do much because you don't have the strength to make any decent gains yet.
The key to gaining weight is proper diet. but stronger muscle can get bigger quicker I believe not 100% sure.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:46 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys...I work out like 3-4 times a week. Im a little older now (28). Im trying to eliminate the spare tire around my mid section before summer. Right now i am about 5'6" 165 lbs. Im not really trying to get huge, I just like staying in shape and being somewhat active since im sitting on my ass all day at work.

My workout routine currently consists of:
30 Min run on treadmill (6.8 speed)
Bench Press - 3x10 (135 lbs)
Pull ups 3x10 /Push ups 3x20 (I do intervals...one set of pull ups/one set of push ups)
Abs - 1 set of 20 standard crunches, 1 set of 15 raised leg crunches, 1 set of 10 leg raises, 1 set of 20 scissor kicks, 1 set of 15 sit ups where i lay with my legs on the floor and just lift my upper body
Dips - 3x15
Barbell Curls 3x10
Dumbell Tricep Extension 3x10
Bench dips - 2x20
Dumbell Curls 3x8
Lat Pulldown - 3x10
Machine Tricep extension - 3x10
Pullups to exhaustion
Pushups to exhaustion

Any ideas of what I can do to modify this...i guess to maximize calorie/fat burn. The weather is getting nicer so I am going to start going on my 4 mile runs again twice a week. I also heard doing sprints is a good way to lose the weight from your midsection. If any of you are experts/trainers can you give me a few tips.

Thanks
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. I always do a brief cardio warm up before I lift and do my main cardio afterwords with a long, slow cool-down. It helps circulate that lactic acid and ADP so that you are not as sore the next day.

2. What does your leg workout routine consist of?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ill be honest, i don't do any leg work outs besides running. Running outside in my area, there are alot of hills so my legs get a pretty good workout that way.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the workout is good for you and see the result you're happy with, then I don't see why you should change it. One thing I couldn't do is lift weight after running for 30 mins.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Yea...im the opposite...i cant run after lifting...I don't lift really heavy weight...i like doing push ups, pull ups and dips the most and just using body weight.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Yea...im the opposite...i cant run after lifting...I don't lift really heavy weight...i like doing push ups, pull ups and dips the most and just using body weight.
Well in that case I think you should change it up a bit. Do something you're not as strong at. A lot of people build their work out program around exercises they do good in.

I'll say do something you're less comfortable doing. Maybe something you're really weak at and make it your strongest exercise.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-05-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're looking to lose fat there's not much better than HIIT and a moderate diet. Google will help you.

In other news I just found out my barbell is not 45 lbs. like I thought. It's 30 lbs. I've been lifting 15 less lbs. than I thought. That really sucks.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
If you're looking to lose fat there's not much better than HIIT and a moderate diet. Google will help you.

In other news I just found out my barbell is not 45 lbs. like I thought. It's 30 lbs. I've been lifting 15 less lbs. than I thought. That really sucks.
oh man that's a bummer. I know how you feel.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-05-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I feel like a real loser now.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-05-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah I feel like a real loser now.
That would suck if you though you could bench like 250 and then go to your friends gym to show you can do more then him and you can barely get it off your chest.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-06-2011, 01:56 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone here use pre-workout?
Old 03-06-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do. I'm constantly trying new ones just to compare.
The one that worked the best for me was Animal Pump. (Pills is a plus for me since I think all the shakes taste like ****)
Super Pump... was okay but I re-named it SuperDump since I had to take a dump prior to the workout. Got annoying.
I'm taking Body Rush now. Doesn't taste terrible and definitely gets me amped up. I'm a fan of it.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I wanna get bigger and stronger, tell me a supplement I should use.

Could be pills, shakes, capsules, whatever.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-07-2011, 05:25 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I wanna get bigger and stronger, tell me a supplement I should use.

Could be pills, shakes, capsules, whatever.

If you can find it on sale, go for ON Hydrowhey. I absolutely love it, but full price it's too expensive. It's by far my favorite PWO product, and I got it for half price a week ago and was so happy.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this seems like it's on sale.

http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrit.../dp/B002QZQGBY

but damn. paying over $30 for less than two pounds is expensive. i guess i'm too used to the cheap stuff.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:56 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
this seems like it's on sale.

http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrit.../dp/B002QZQGBY

but damn. paying over $30 for less than two pounds is expensive. i guess i'm too used to the cheap stuff.
Yeah, **** is costly, even on sale. I'm not going to act like I know all the ins and outs of what makes it up, but I do know I've used it and it's been tremendous for me.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ON Whey is awesome. I think Whey Protein in general is awesome for post.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
ON Whey is awesome. I think Whey Protein in general is awesome for post.

It is. I also picked up the ON Pro Complex. Haven't gotten it yet, but it looks really good.

And I do know the Hydrowhey is supposed to be incredibly fast digesting.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I really like ON whey vanilla ice cream flavored protein.

I just started using RESULTS by At Large Nutrition. It's supposed to take about 10 days to work into your system but from there your strength and energy is supposed to increase significantly. Several big and strong guys I've talked to swear by it.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-07-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
If you can find it on sale, go for ON Hydrowhey. I absolutely love it, but full price it's too expensive. It's by far my favorite PWO product, and I got it for half price a week ago and was so happy.
I think I'll get that. Right now I'm about 5'9 190lbs and haven't used a supplement in a year, but I'm always looking to get bigger.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-07-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I'm 5'9 190 also. I think I'll try that RESULTS once the Body Rush I'm taking is done.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:03 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'm 5'9 190 also. I think I'll try that RESULTS once the Body Rush I'm taking is done.
Cool let me know how it goes, I think I finally started to feel the effects of it last night. I started bench (I do 5 sets of 5) and after my first set I was like oh crap I'm not gonna make it through. I hit the point where in the past I would've given up but I had more energy than usual. That may have also just been a coincidence but It's only just barely been 10 days and I've been dealing with a foot injury which in general makes it harder (for me anyway) to lift heavy even on bench.

Once I finish my tub of ON whey I will probably try ALN's "Nitrean" whey blend. It's more expensive but I spend time on wannabebig.com which is the forum that At Large Nutrition owns. I've learned a lot there so I try to buy their supplements and support the company if I can.

BTW ALN is not paying me or doing anything for me, I just like them and the forums over there are really helpful so I figured I'd tell you guys about it.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-08-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Update us on the Nitrean. I was just on the ALN website reading about it.
I take Casein protein before bed every night now anyways so maybe I'll look into that once that bottle of protein in done.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
1. I always do a brief cardio warm up before I lift and do my main cardio afterwords with a long, slow cool-down. It helps circulate that lactic acid and ADP so that you are not as sore the next day.

2. What does your leg workout routine consist of?
day 1

Box squats
Romanian deadlift
bulgarian split squats
calfs

(This will kill you, especially when I max out on box squats)

day 2

deadlift
romanian deadlift
reverse lunges
calfs

(this is bad but nothing compared to day 1)