Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-04-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Man, I wish I'd started taking creatine sooner. Love it.
Elaborate a little bit, I never took it.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Elaborate a little bit, I never took it.
I was hesitant to take a creatine product because of all I read about people bloating, and how your muscles become just squishy and not hard, etc. but I haven't experienced any of it. Strong diet, with the creatine, and big time lifting and I've added 10 pounds in a month (midsection barely changed at all), my arms got even bigger, and all of my rep/weight totals have gone up.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I was hesitant to take a creatine product because of all I read about people bloating, and how your muscles become just squishy and not hard, etc. but I haven't experienced any of it. Strong diet, with the creatine, and big time lifting and I've added 10 pounds in a month (midsection barely changed at all), my arms got even bigger, and all of my rep/weight totals have gone up.
Which one are you taking? I might just try.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 07-05-2011, 12:52 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of the people knock it because "oh my god it's expensive" or "you can just buy a bunch of different supplements, mix them and then get the same ingredients" but I love it. It doesn't taste great, but I mix it with a banana and it's fine.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All hydrolyzed protein?
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:12 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
All hydrolyzed protein?
I enjoyed Hydrowhey too, but I've just gotten explosive gains off this.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone take prelift? My parents just bought me the ray lewis endorsed prelift for me. It has 1.5 grams of creatine per serving. You take 1-2 servings before you lift. Should I increase my water intake? I heard you should drink more water when you take creatine.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, increase your water intake when you're on creatine.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:40 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
anyone take prelift? My parents just bought me the ray lewis endorsed prelift for me. It has 1.5 grams of creatine per serving. You take 1-2 servings before you lift. Should I increase my water intake? I heard you should drink more water when you take creatine.
Yes you should. And I take Muscle Pharm Assault. By far the best pre workout I've come across.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would recommend drinking as much water as possible regardless of supplementation. Low water intake (and just not eating enough/too much) is often the first thing I look for if someone isn't reaching their goals whether that be gaining or losing weight or just being healthier in general.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing is Im still drinking a gallon of whole milk a day so IDK how much water I will be able to drink while doing that.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The thing is Im still drinking a gallon of whole milk a day so IDK how much water I will be able to drink while doing that.
Well, milk has a ton of water so you're getting a lot from that. Jut drink water as often as you possibly can and you will be fine. Most people drink a stunningly low amount of water, like less than a quart a day.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ok sounds good.

How is your lifting going Rob? I remember a while ago you said you did 531.

Wat assistance do you do for that?

I mainly do high rep for my assitance but I was wondering since my bench really really sucks could I do low rep floor presses or CGBP in order to help build my tricep strength up
Old 07-13-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
ok sounds good.

How is your lifting going Rob? I remember a while ago you said you did 531.

Wat assistance do you do for that?

I mainly do high rep for my assitance but I was wondering since my bench really really sucks could I do low rep floor presses or CGBP in order to help build my tricep strength up
I switched from 5-3-1. Not because it was a bad program, just because I personally don't like combining training for failure and training 4 days per week (which I refused to give up). In terms of increasing bench and tricep strength, personally I have found that heavy (6-8 reps) close grip bench is the best assistance. I would do something like: flat bench (5x5 or 3x8), DB incline (3x10), CG Bench (4x8), whatever else you want (flys, tri ext., skull crushers, etc).
Old 07-13-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now I'm alternating weeks 3x12 and 5x10
I'm trying to trim fat right now though
On my power/strength phase, I alternate weekly 4x5 and 10-8-6

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All right guys: I am looking to start working out and I was wondering if you guys have any advice.

I am currently 5'10" 173 lbs with a BMI of 24.8 and body fat percentage around 18% (from online website and android application), if not more- I am definitely bordering being overweight, which isn't cool. I wanna cut it down to 15% and be around 160-165 lbs.

Eating many more meals a day is something to keep my metabolic rate up. How about my workout load? Right now, I don't have access to a gym and can only do some light resistance exercises. Must I change that? How much cardio should I be getting into?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

205 is going overhead soon. Got ever so close last week.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

How much you weigh Rob?
Old 07-26-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
All right guys: I am looking to start working out and I was wondering if you guys have any advice.

I am currently 5'10" 173 lbs with a BMI of 24.8 and body fat percentage around 18% (from online website and android application), if not more- I am definitely bordering being overweight, which isn't cool. I wanna cut it down to 15% and be around 160-165 lbs.

Eating many more meals a day is something to keep my metabolic rate up. How about my workout load? Right now, I don't have access to a gym and can only do some light resistance exercises. Must I change that? How much cardio should I be getting into?
Don't over think it bro. You don't have to change anything. Do as much cardio or resistance exercises you feel comfortable with. Even if it's light weight you're doing, you can always have a great workout. The most important thing is that whatever you're doing, you work hard an push yourself.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 07-26-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
How much you weigh Rob?
Probably around 205-210. Don't check my weight regularly anymore though. I will weight myself next gym session and report back.

I did, however, perform quite well doing cardio the other so who knows, I may be down around 200 or under. Did six 3 minutes rounds on the jump rope (about 100 turns/min pace) with 30 seconds rest between. And that was my cardio for the month.....
Old 07-26-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

body weight overhead press is impressive. My overhead press blows but I only have been doing it for 3 months. This is my 3rd cycle of 531 so Im gonna check out my 1 rep maxes for week 3. During my next cycles I am going to 1 or 2 reps left in the tank instead of failure and see if I progress.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
body weight overhead press is impressive. My overhead press blows but I only have been doing it for 3 months. This is my 3rd cycle of 531 so Im gonna check out my 1 rep maxes for week 3. During my next cycles I am going to 1 or 2 reps left in the tank instead of failure and see if I progress.
OHP is by far my favorite and best lift. I have always naturally been best at it. It also looks the coolest which doesn't hurt. I catch people looking at me all the time when I am putting a bar with 45's overhead. It just looks sweet.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea the problem is my max was at 115 last time I checked. I have friends who lift but only one who knows what he is doing and his OHP is 315 and 245. Its amazing. But it is true there is something about pushing the bar over your head that is just bad ass.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
yea the problem is my max was at 115 last time I checked. I have friends who lift but only one who knows what he is doing and his OHP is 315 and 245. Its amazing. But it is true there is something about pushing the bar over your head that is just bad ass.
115 is very solid. I think 135 is considered intermediate level for a 165 lb dude and intermediate level totals are higher than you think (i.e.:180 lb. power clean at 165 lb.). You're fine. I think the best tip I can give on OHP is that when you hit a sticking point, do push presses with the higher weight.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I did that at 165. I been bulking and am at 175. ill test my max next week. according to some 1 rep max calculators it doesnt seem like it will increase but we will see next week.

Im actually very solid at overhead press, squat and deadlift. (115,265,300 at 165) considering Im 5'10 and a stick. The problem is my bench blows (170 pounds). It bothers me cause I get a lot of **** judging everyone loves the bench.