Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-26-2011, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yea I did that at 165. I been bulking and am at 175. ill test my max next week. according to some 1 rep max calculators it doesnt seem like it will increase but we will see next week.

Im actually very solid at overhead press, squat and deadlift. (115,265,300 at 165) considering Im 5'10 and a stick. The problem is my bench blows (170 pounds). It bothers me cause I get a lot of **** judging everyone loves the bench.
Yeah that bench is low. Are you at a sticking point? If so, run a Smolov cycle for bench. I guarantee at least 15 lbs added to your bench. Also check your form....watch Dave Tate's video on how to bench, its tremendous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QnwA...embedded#at=19

Last edited by Rob S : 07-26-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my sticking point is I can do one rep good then completly **** the bed on the next and not get it off my chest. I been trying everything. I now do kroc rows on my bench day and floor presses on overhead press day. I hope they can hel
Old 07-27-2011, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
my sticking point is I can do one rep good then completly **** the bed on the next and not get it off my chest. I been trying everything. I now do kroc rows on my bench day and floor presses on overhead press day. I hope they can hel
You're probably losing tightness. Watch the video above and if that doesn't work run a Smolov.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea it might be. But I usually have a flat back with my elbows tucked. I need ot practice lining up with an arched back.

Also my assistance for bench day has been a little high (dips, db bench, close grip then tricep pulls) But my reps were increasing with wendlers %. I guess we will see when I retest my max.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea it might be. But I usually have a flat back with my elbows tucked. I need ot practice lining up with an arched back.

Also my assistance for bench day has been a little high (dips, db bench, close grip then tricep pulls) But my reps were increasing with wendlers %. I guess we will see when I retest my max.
Bench Press is very easy to get stronger at, but people are different so idk. If you want quick results do it twice a week. What I do for bench press is always switch things up. One week I'll do pyramids, then 5x5 the next and so on. Always have a spotter so he can help you put up more weight and get the last few inches.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today I found out that I can bench at least 200 lbs.
This may not seem like a big deal to you guys, but considering that i started out struggling with 100, I was ecstatic when I racked the bar. I'm still a skinny kid, but I've definitely put on a good amount of muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:30 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Today I found out that I can bench at least 200 lbs.
This may not seem like a big deal to you guys, but considering that i started out struggling with 100, I was ecstatic when I racked the bar. I'm still a skinny kid, but I've definitely put on a good amount of muscle
200 is a very nice number to hit on bench assuming you used full ROM. The average dude maxes at around 135, so you're ahead of the game.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is that a real stat? If so, it's sad

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
200 is a very nice number to hit on bench assuming you used full ROM. The average dude maxes at around 135, so you're ahead of the game.
Yes, I always bring the bar down fully to my chest then fully extend.
For some reason I can't stand when I see guys doing this

I'm reading about the "Strong Range of Motion" on Bodybuilding.com but I'm not entirely sure why people recommend doing this type of lifting

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 07-27-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yeah I always do full range of motion. If not try floor or board presses for bench press.

This is random but i started doing power cleans with a lot better technique and it really hits your traps good.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Is that a real stat? If so, it's sad
Yeah, average untrained male tops out at around a 135 bench. I mean, it makes sense I guess. I doubt I put up much more than 135 the first time I benched.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:06 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Done 3 days of P90X so far. Sore as hell but i can already feel a tiny bit of definition in my oblique and back. The worst part is the diet, it sucks to restrict myself from chocolate, candy, and ice-cream completely. Although i might have half an ice-cream bar on Sunday as a cheat snack so i don't go insane. So far i'm pretty much eating eggs, fish, and chicken. Carbs are supposed to be cut in Phase 1 so its 2 slices of whole-wheat bread, or 1 slice and 1/2 cup of rice.

I'm supposed to eat 2400 calories a day as per their nutrition guide but i'm pretty close to the level 1/2 border, where level 1 is 1800 calories and 2 is 2400. The border is 150 pounds and i'm 151, so for now i'm aiming for 1800. 2400 is a lot and i honestly don't feel hungry enough to eat that many calories in a day so for now i'll stick to 1800 and see where it takes me. No supplements yet, post workout i take a banana and milk, 30 mins-an hour later either canned tuna or chicken breast. I might take Whey and/or Creatine eventually.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 07-28-2011 at 12:09 AM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to do P90x. Bad.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I want to do P90x. Bad.
If your looking to cut some fat and get in shape its a great program to try. Especially if your a beginner, as it pretty much lays it all out for you.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:39 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That bench stat blows my mind. I think the first time I ever max-benched when I was 16 I put up like 160-165. Then like 4 months later I was up to 225.

side note: It was always entertaining for me to watch the girls in my weight lifting class max out because all they ever did was the 45 pound bar and they always struggled with that.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:32 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone ever squatted and farted coming up? happened to me today

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
VUBlacknGold
Rookie

VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
i know someone who squatted and pooped themselves coming up, does that count?

I Bleed Black and Gold
VUBlacknGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:01 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
haha The last time I did it no one was around.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I usually fart with deadlifts, I once tore my underwear doing deadlifts
Old 07-28-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to get my ass back into shape... Nothing like 3 years of living on your own to wreck years and years of work.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was about to say, I never farted with squats but with deadlifts... always lol

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

I was doing situps on a decline bench with a resistance band over my shoulders, after doing an intense ab workout.. I let out a real stinker on the way up. Luckily, no one was around to hear or smell.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-28-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

I was feeling pretty sick so today i decided to skip my workout (probably do it tomorrow). I also had a magnum ice-cream bar as i was really craving for one and i actually feel disgusted. Like the taste lingers in my mouth and its disgusting. Just 3 days of clean eating and i can't stand it anymore. I love this ice-cream too, i've had like 5 bars in the last 2 weeks. Think i'll be cheating a lot less from now on.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

my diet sucks also. Im trying to get bigger and add muscle so im eating everything in site.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Double Unders raped my shins. ugh.