Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-11-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would hate to look like that.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want arms and neck like that.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yo Rob please post your diet, what are your goals?

I am currently trying to add weight and get stronger. I have started running the westside method and get 3500 calories a day as clean as possible
Old 03-12-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Yo Rob please post your diet, what are your goals?

I am currently trying to add weight and get stronger. I have started running the westside method and get 3500 calories a day as clean as possible

Clean as possible is extremely subjective. Don't worry about it. As long as you hit your protein and fat, eat whatever you can fit, especially if you're bulking. Eat 10-20% above your maintenance calories.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea Its pretty much as healthy as possible. IDK what my maintanece level is but I gained 5 pounds in a month going for 3500, and then 4 pounds in the first week I started taking creatine.

What kind of lifting programs does everyone do?
Old 03-12-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My diet (in general) - will have to cut back carbs a little more soon, still no bread or non natural sugar though

BF: 4 eggs, 1/2 tbsp butter, glass of OJ, about a cup of fruit
SN: Handful almonds and 50g protein shake
LN: 12 oz leanish protein, generally with veggies of some kind with a healthy fat involved somewhere (ie: EVOO based dressing)
PWO: Glass of OJ w/ creatine and 25g protein shake
DN: 12 oz leanish protein, again w/ veggies and healthy fat
Bed: Glass of whole milk
Old 03-12-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys ever use sludge to hit your target grams of protein? If not, you should.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
You guys ever use sludge to hit your target grams of protein? If not, you should.
Used to, but ran out of good quality protein for making sludge. The ones I have now don't taste too good.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i thought creatine after working out is bad for you since it drains your body of water. Or is that pre workout?
Old 03-12-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i thought creatine after working out is bad for you since it drains your body of water. Or is that pre workout?
Old 03-12-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

If you drink a gallon of water a day you should be fine.

BTW how often do you cycle creatine?
Old 03-12-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Used to, but ran out of good quality protein for making sludge. The ones I have now don't taste too good.
Nothing beats XF UP 2.0 (although the macros on it aren't great), but Trutein works great and I think it's one of the best proteins you can find.

And on creatine, I use half serving before, half after. As Ravens said, drink your water, and you'll be fine.

And to Ravens, it doesn't need to be cycled, but on my I do/will usually take about a month or two off out of the year (when I just finish what I have, makes it easy to wait until next order to start up again.)

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 03-12-2012 at 08:43 PM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I think best bang for buck product is still ONs products. They aren't ridiculously overpriced.

Anyone try Hydro whey? The guy at GNC was trying to force me into buying the GNC brand, just cause I started reading the label of the ONs one.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
If you drink a gallon of water a day you should be fine.

BTW how often do you cycle creatine?
I am so inconsistent with my creatine. I never got on a good cycle really. Idk why.

I drink plenty of water, so I'm not worried about taking it pwo. I do so mainly because I don't like starting my day with creatine bc its gross/doesnt mix and I only eat high sugar stuff PWO outside of my breakfast.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I think best bang for buck product is still ONs products. They aren't ridiculously overpriced.

Anyone try Hydro whey? The guy at GNC was trying to force me into buying the GNC brand, just cause I started reading the label of the ONs one.

ON is ridiculously overpriced. And it's not nearly as tasty. I used to be a Hydrowhey fan. Not so much anymore. Big believer in blends. Trutein.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
ON is ridiculously overpriced. And it's not nearly as tasty. I used to be a Hydrowhey fan. Not so much anymore. Big believer in blends. Trutein.
well can't take trutein, it contains eggs.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
well can't take trutein, it contains eggs.
That sucks. I wouldn't even really know what direction to lead you in then. I've become a big believe in blends; which almost always contain egg.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That sucks. I wouldn't even really know what direction to lead you in then. I've become a big believe in blends; which almost always contain egg.
make my own? haha, mix some soy, whey, casien, hydro.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nothing beats XF UP 2.0 (although the macros on it aren't great), but Trutein works great and I think it's one of the best proteins you can find.
I used to use XF UP 2.0, and Myofusion (before they changed protein supplier). The original Myofusion was really nice, but it seems more watery now.

At least Syntha-6 is good enough for me right now.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Just use trueprotein and make your own blend.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Anyway to help make a meal plan to someone that doesnt eat vegetables?
Old 03-12-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Anyway to help make a meal plan to someone that doesnt eat vegetables?
Just eat them man. If you absolutely refuse, get some V-8 or at least take a vitamin consisting of natural ingredients.

Also, drop the crap like pizza, chicken nuggets, powerade, and all the other bad stuff you mentioned you eat.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Just eat them man. If you absolutely refuse, get some V-8 or at least take a vitamin consisting of natural ingredients.

Also, drop the crap like pizza, chicken nuggets, powerade, and all the other bad stuff you mentioned you eat.
I thought Powerade was good for you tbh, until 2 weeks ago when someone said the sugar content.

Besides water, what could be good drink that would be in a college caf? Im starting to drink skim milk there in place of other drinks.

And the chickens not nuggets, we dont have chicken nuggets :(
Old 03-12-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Another thing Ive always wondered:
When you do should shrugs with dumbells, are you supposed to rotate your shoulders or just go up and down? Ive always rotated them around and I like my neck muscles, but Ive been told I do it wrong.
The problem with rotating them around is that a lot of people have been known to tear their rotator cuff doing it that way.
That's why they tell you it's better to go simply up and down.

And Rob, if the dumbells aren't heavy enough for you, simply do the shrugs using a standard 45lb bar. Boom. Dumbell weight range doesn't matter anymore.
I personally do them with a shrug bar (along with my deadlifts) and I love that method best.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

you can do one real high rep of shrugs. Kind of like kroc rows but with shrugs .