Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-13-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
What are the thoughts on diet soda. ATL or ROb?

I echo what Rob said. If it fits and doesn't arise to major issues in blood tests (which it won't if your within the limits), enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I can eat bacon and it be good for me?!

The leanest I ever got was when I was a keto diet (tons of bacon). I did lose some muscle though.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:40 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So this morning I finished up the heaviest week of lifting in my life. I suspect it's going to be very hard to eat below maintenance today, and tomorrow I'll probably cheat a bit with some liquor during Final Four.

But next week is a deload so I can go a lot harder calorie cutting wise starting Sunday (my one off day a week). Followed by that is 3 weeks of 531 lifting, deload, and then I start my bulk. Finished up my creatine today, so I won't be using that for the next 5 weeks. Weighed in at 200.2 Wednesday (down from 200.9 the week before). I've decided that by May 8th (start of bulk) I want to get down to 197. I want to keep as much muscle/strength as possible though. Therefore I'll be eating about 10-12% below maintenance on lifting days, and about 20% below with under 50 g carbs (preferably no more than 20 g) on cardio/off days. Making sure too hit .45 g/lb of fat and 1 g/lb of protein. Then, I have 3 months of bulking in which I plan to get to 203-205 (as little fat as possible).

Sometime in the next month I'm trying to set up something where I can find out my body fat. About 1.5 months ago, the skin fold test had me at 10% (judging by pictures though, I'm probably more around 11-12%), and my ultimate goal is to be 205 at 8%.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 03-30-2012 at 07:43 AM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I've intergrated Yoga into my weekly routine now. My back issues haven't gone away and I'm unflexible as ****.
Pulled my hamstring almost 8 weeks ago and I've been able to run again for less than 3 now.
Hoping all the stretching and posing will help with all those issues plus aid in getting my six pack back that I've been missing for 4 years now!

Damn kids.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:03 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yoga should help. Being flexible is awesome.

In other news, I'll try and post my diet today.

Breakfast: 4 Eggs with handful of cheese, 4 strips bacon, 1 tbsp butter, heavy cream w/ coffee, 1 L water

Snack: Four more eggs w/ handful of cheese, 1 tbsp butter, more coffe w/ heavy cream. (can you tell i'm poor?)

Late afternoon meal: Parents have steak! Idk exactly how much I ate, at least a pound of london broil, rare, topped with some butter.

Dinner: About 8 wings in hot sauce/butter combo, about 1/4 lb of Jarlsberg, some salami.

Last edited by Rob S : 04-01-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
So I've intergrated Yoga into my weekly routine now. My back issues haven't gone away and I'm unflexible as ****.
Pulled my hamstring almost 8 weeks ago and I've been able to run again for less than 3 now.
Hoping all the stretching and posing will help with all those issues plus aid in getting my six pack back that I've been missing for 4 years now!

Damn kids.
Took me about 3 months of ab work and cardio, but it is definitely worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Yoga should help. Being flexible is awesome.

In other news, I'll try and post my diet today.

Breakfast: 4 Eggs with handful of cheese, 4 strips bacon, 1 tbsp butter
I'd be interested to see it.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:12 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Took me about 3 months of ab work and cardio, but it is definitely worth it!

I'd be interested to see it.

I'll keep the above post updated as I eat. It's an odd day to start because I'm going to be moving around a lot (home, parent's house, wrestlemania at another person's house), but I just felt like doing it.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I'll post what I eat on the bulk, because that's way more fun! **** you no carb cutting. I might post just to compare with Rob though.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 04-01-2012 at 10:23 AM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Here's mine:

ON Whey
2 Eggs
1/2 cup Egg White
1 oz ham
2 sausage links
8 strips of bacon
2 burger patties
13 oz chicken
2 oz beef steak
2 scoops of Trutein (for sludge)

~20 g carbs
Old 04-01-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i've been trying to find a place that test body fat, and not that stupid scale crap. Let me know if u find somethign.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
i've been trying to find a place that test body fat, and not that stupid scale crap. Let me know if u find somethign.

My gym does a fitness test that includes a skin fold test. I want to do some under water **** though.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My team had a competition on Friday. Goal was to do 100 reps of 135 in the least amount of time as possible. My 15 minutes ran out and I only hit 74. Got some work to do.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok guys, I need some motivational tips to get my lazy ass to the gym. I'm not trying to be a super freak, but I'd like to lose my gut and get some kind of nice stomach and work on my arms, so tips on those would be greatly appreciated
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cardio cardio cardio. then some ab work. then more cardio.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:52 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
My team had a competition on Friday. Goal was to do 100 reps of 135 in the least amount of time as possible. My 15 minutes ran out and I only hit 74. Got some work to do.
Lol i think i'd struggle too. Not sure what i was lifting, about 200 and i did some reps, my arms gave way and i was stuck with the bar on me unable to move. I had wait 5 minutes before someone came and lifted it off me.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:00 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
cardio cardio cardio. then some ab work. then more cardio.
to get rid of gut, I would say number 1 would be kitchen, kitchen, kitchen. Most of the time from other lifts your abs are worked out, and it just pushes the fat more, also I've read your abs are your weakest and smallest muscle. Your 1 forearm muscle is bigger, yours abs are just to stabilize your spine.

You can't burn fat from a certain spot by targeting it. The best way to lose fat from everywhere is HIIT(high intensity interval training, i.e. complexes, and wind sprints).
Old 04-02-2012, 07:16 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea eat better. And run a lot. But mostly eat better.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Everyone always asks the same damn thing. We give the same answers every time. If you read over the thread you will get the answer to your question.

In other news, food log.....today is going to suck, work will be insane and I will not eat nearly enough. Hence the massive breakfast....

B-FAST: 6 eggs, 1.5 tbsp butter, handful of shredded cheese in eggs, 4 strips bacon, coffee w/ heavy cream

10AM: More coffee w/ heavy cream.....heavy cream (w/coffee) will almost certainly represent the majority of my calories moving forward today.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Everyone always asks the same damn thing. We give the same answers every time. If you read over the thread you will get the answer to your question.

In other news, food log.....today is going to suck, work will be insane and I will not eat nearly enough. Hence the massive breakfast....

B-FAST: 6 eggs, 1.5 tbsp butter, handful of shredded cheese in eggs, 4 strips bacon, coffee w/ heavy cream

10AM: More coffee w/ heavy cream.....heavy cream (w/coffee) will almost certainly represent the majority of my calories moving forward today.
well you didn't need to go out and hurt my feelings now, did you rob?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In all fairness the thread is long and people want personalized answers. Id say keep benching, squatting, and doing deads. Excess amounts of cardio wont make a person with little muscle mass look any better.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My personal motto:

"Eat less, run more."

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-02-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't be a curlbro.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Don't be a curlbro.
Whats a curlbro?

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-02-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only things to keep in mind re. diet:

- Get lots of protein

- No carbs after 3:00

- Never mix fit and carbs together

- Keep the sugar low
Old 04-02-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Whats a curlbro?
culrs all day long, and then dip out. or arms only.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Whats a curlbro?
Someone who neglects most important lifts to work on one specific area. In this case, arms.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote