Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-02-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pulled 300 today on the deadlift. Glad to join the club.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Only things to keep in mind re. diet:

- Get lots of protein

- No carbs after 3:00

- Never mix fit and carbs together

- Keep the sugar low
ehhh, depends when you are active, if your workouts are at like 8, 9, 10. then its fine to have it later, even up till 8.

General rule for most people is 5, since that's when they stop being active and sit around.

Carbohydrates help give energy to your body, u need them just not an abundant amount, and bad carbs.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Someone who neglects most important lifts to work on one specific area. In this case, arms.
Oh i thought he was talking to me. Although atm im just focusing on the arms. I dont care too much about legs and will start on the abs when i can be bothered. Im too lazy to do both at the same time.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Oh i thought he was talking to me. Although atm im just focusing on the arms. I dont care too much about legs and will start on the abs when i can be bothered. Im too lazy to do both at the same time.
You better be doing squats.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Was it 315 or a flat 300 lbs? Deadlift was the first lift I ever got 3 plates on, it is a good feeling.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Legs are more important, when during the day are you going to be doing that curling function? Your legs support your weight all day, err day.

No chest or shoulders or back?
Old 04-02-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Was it 315 or a flat 300 lbs? Deadlift was the first lift I ever got 3 plates on, it is a good feeling.
305 to be exact but damn it 300 sounded cooler. I'll go 315 next time.
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Congrats, man. How was the form?

Scotty, sorry i was being dickish.....it's just one of those days.
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously most of you should check out bodybuilding.com, theres days worth of information on there. My next 24 weeks at the gym and in the kitchen are set up for me thanks to it.

Doing Kris Gethins video guide and then Jim Stoppanis 12 week program that hes set to put online today.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Legs are more important, when during the day are you going to be doing that curling function? Your legs support your weight all day, err day.

Oh yeah, i meant the whole arm area sort of thing.

My legs are alright because i play soccer so they are quite strong. Im a naturally broad person as well.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 04-02-2012 at 10:02 AM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Congrats, man. How was the form?

Scotty, sorry i was being dickish.....it's just one of those days.
Probably a little sloppy. Something I have to work on at higher weights.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post

I have zero calves but I can put my butt to the ground with 225 squatting. I guess calves werent meant to be. I also get the rep that I dont work legs because of it. Makes me sad panda.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably a little sloppy. Something I have to work on at higher weights.
Yup...it's tough to keep the form on a ME lift. It's real important though, especially squats and deads.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I have zero calves but I can put my butt to the ground with 225 squatting. I guess calves werent meant to be. I also get the rep that I dont work legs because of it. Makes me sad panda.
dude same here, I have small caves. But my thighs and ass are huge compared to them, i have trouble with pants, and the tend to fade and ripe quicker in certain areas, like front top and ass pockets corners.

I A2G squat as well.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Only things to keep in mind re. diet:

- Get lots of protein

- No carbs after 3:00

- Never mix fit and carbs together

- Keep the sugar low
Yes.

Nutrient timing is unimportant (except for protein source post)

If it fits you can do it.

Unimportant. Calories are what you need to keep an eye on.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Obviously most of you should check out bodybuilding.com, theres days worth of information on there. My next 24 weeks at the gym and in the kitchen are set up for me thanks to it.

Doing Kris Gethins video guide and then Jim Stoppanis 12 week program that hes set to put online today.
Meh. For every informative post there are 1000 dumbass posts to wade through. I'd go to WBB or Strength Villian instead. Though it depends on goals I suppose. I'm never going to be a body builder.

Quote:
305 to be exact but damn it 300 sounded cooler. I'll go 315 next time.
Nice job. You'll get 315 for sure.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-02-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Meh. For every informative post there are 1000 dumbass posts to wade through. I'd go to WBB or Strength Villian instead. Though it depends on goals I suppose. I'm never going to be a body builder.

Nice job. You'll get 315 for sure.
I was talking more of the actual SuperSite rather than the forums.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The Sherdog Strength and Power forum is quite good.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was talking more of the actual SuperSite rather than the forums.
Agreed. I'm on BBcom all the time. I shop and read on there.
I'm never in the forums though... strictly read the trainer aids.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, i'm here to ask if any of you guys have every experienced doing all the right things and not getting results? I have been lifting right (squats, deadlifts, bench, dips, pull ups, military press) for a while now and don't seem to be getting an bigger or stronger. I am switching it up a decent amount so I don't think it is a plateau. I am eating about as well as a college kid can and I try to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. I'm 6'0'' and 180 pounds so I don't think my frame is maxed out yet. I came to school at 170 in september and put on 10 pounds because I started to focus more on squats and dead lifts and built mass that way, but every since thanksgiving-ish i've been at 180 and haven't gained or dropped a pound give or take on the average day, and my strength and appearance hasn't changed on bit. This is the first time in about 10 years that I haven't been playing sports though so I wonder if it has to do with intense cardio, but that doesn't make sense for muscle growth/strength. I don't know if it is my rep range (usually 6-8) or something else. It's really starting to bother me because it's just like i'm wasting an hour in the gym and getting no results anymore.

So if anyone has any advice and/or has gone through the same thing and knows what I need to do it is much appreciated.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 04-02-2012 at 03:23 PM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Hey guys, i'm here to ask if any of you guys have every experienced doing all the right things and not getting results? I have been lifting right (squats, deadlifts, bench, dips, pull ups, military press) for a while now and don't seem to be getting an bigger or stronger. I am switching it up a decent amount so I don't think it is a plateau. I am eating about as well as a college kid can and I try to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. I'm 6'0'' and 180 pounds so I don't think my frame is maxed out yet. I came to school at 170 in september and put on 10 pounds because I started to focus more on squats and dead lifts and built mass that way, but every since thanksgiving-ish i've been at 180 and haven't gained or dropped a point give a take on the average day, and my strength and appearance hasn't changed on bit. This is the first time in about 10 years that I haven't been playing sports though so I wonder if it has to do with intense cardio, but that doesn't make sense for muscle growth/strength.

So if anyone has any advice and/or has gone through the same thing and knows what I need to do it is much appreciated.
What does your lifting plan look like every week?

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-02-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
monday- chest: barbell bench, incline dumbbell bench, flat bench dumbbell flies, dips, and cables if I feel like it, couple sets of skull crushers for triceps

tuesday- legs: barbell squats, romanian deadlifts, jump squats/bulgarian squats depending on which one I feel like doing, leg press, and sometimes leg extensions and curls if I want a burn

wednesday- cardio and abs

thursday- shoulders: military press, upright rows, reverse bent over flies, front and lat raises, cables if I feel the need for another exercise

friday- back: deadlifts, pull ups, barbell rows, cable pulls, couple sets barbell curls for biceps

I was doing mostly 6-8 reps for a while but I switched to 10-12 with a little lighter weight just to change it up, haven't seen a change yet but it's only been two weeks. Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, how long have you been lifting for?

BTW, your most likely issue is the diet.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Also, how long have you been lifting for?

BTW, your most likely issue is the diet.
That's the thing, I eat pretty damn well. I eat plenty of lean meats, complex carbs, and tons of fruits and vegetables, and I don't drink or eat sweats very much at all either. It really makes no sense to me why i'm not getting results and that is why i'm curious. Does only doing 6-8 reps matter? It didn't matter before when I was getting results which makes no sense.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
That's the thing, I eat pretty damn well. I eat plenty of lean meats, complex carbs, and tons of fruits and vegetables, and I don't drink or eat sweats very much at all either. It really makes no sense to me why i'm not getting results and that is why i'm curious. Does only doing 6-8 reps matter? It didn't matter before when I was getting results which makes no sense.

Are you progressing on your lifts or just having a weight you're comfortable with and doing it week in and week out?