Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-14-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
WoW has effectively ruined the MMO market by dumbing its gameplay down to the point that any moron can completely succeed. I see 90% of new MMO's coming out to be mostly WoW clones with a different back story to try and leach Blizzards customer base.

/gofuk WoW
That's how MMOs have always been. It comes down to who can spend more time in their parent's basement, period.
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Depressant View Post
That's how MMOs have always been. It comes down to who can spend more time in their parent's basement, period.
That isn't at all what I was talking about.

Continue to fail.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I agree with most of what you're saying, I don't agree with it entirely.

Most of the raid content is easy, until you get into hard modes which are a LOT of fun and something 95% of the WoW playerbase will never accomplish.

That being said, I do miss the days of original EverQuest, where hitting level 50/60 made it feel like you accomplished something.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I see, Manic-Depressant is trying to troll this as an anti-WoW voice thread sort of similarly to me. Except he is just trying to be a douchebag to people who like gaming and I legitimately have a thing against WoW~
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Oh I see, Manic-Depressant is trying to troll this as an anti-WoW voice thread sort of similarly to me. Except he is just trying to be a douchebag to people who like gaming and I legitimately have a thing against WoW~
???

Anti-WoW voice? I don't get it. I gamed all growing up. I dumped over 1000 hours of my life into an MMO before realizing I was wasting my time. I understand the appeal, but they've never been "skill-based" games like a FPS or strategy game. If you can only play a couple hours a week like most normal adults, you'll be terrible, period.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of people are anti-WoW, but honestly, no one is doing it better right now and I've played pretty much every MMO to hit the market.

Warhammer was good, but they have a few gigantic flaws which, imo, make it unplayable. Age of Conan was a joke as was Vanguard.

If you want to play an MMO you are hard pressed to find a better one out there. For now. They're (Blizzard) developing another MMO and it should be better than WoW for the simple fact that they can learn from their "mistakes" and the stuff they don't like. I'm pretty pumped for that game.

Old 06-14-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Peefs is referring more to the fact that WoW is simply just a point and click game now. I could be wrong though
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
???

Anti-WoW voice? I don't get it. I gamed all growing up. I dumped over 1000 hours of my life into an MMO before realizing I was wasting my time. I understand the appeal, but they've never been "skill-based" games like a FPS or strategy game. If you can only play a couple hours a week like most normal adults, you'll be terrible, period.
If you think MMOs take no skill whatsoever then you've never played them at a high level. Period.

Old 06-14-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
If you think MMOs take no skill whatsoever then you've never played them at a high level. Period.
I never said they don't take skill. It is a REQUIREMENT to dump hundreds upon hundreds of hours to get your character maxed in these games though which is why it's such a turn-off for people. I prefer being able to play games for an hour a week and not being at any disadvantage to a guy that plays 40 hours a week. I can play an FPS for the first time and be pretty decent just because I've played them all growing up and have a decent skillset in the genre. It doesn't matter how "skilled" I am at WoW unless I dump the hours into the game.

It's like you said: to each his own. I just don't like playing games that reward you for spending countless hours "grinding it out". This isn't a criticism at WoW but all MMOs.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never said they don't take skill. It is a REQUIREMENT to dump hundreds upon hundreds of hours to get your character maxed in these games though which is why it's such a turn-off for people. I prefer being able to play games for an hour a week and not being at any disadvantage to a guy that plays 40 hours a week. I can play an FPS for the first time and be pretty decent just because I've played them all growing up and have a decent skillset in the genre. It doesn't matter how "skilled" I am at WoW unless I dump the hours into the game.

It's like you said: to each his own. I just don't like playing games that reward you for spending countless hours "grinding it out". This isn't a criticism at WoW but all MMOs.
You can say that about basically all games. If you only play Madden for an hour a week you'll get stomped by just about everyone you play. Same goes for every FPS
Old 06-14-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
You can say that about basically all games. If you only play Madden for an hour a week you'll get stomped by just about everyone you play. Same goes for every FPS
The skillset is transferable though and some people just have a general knack for certain games. I have buddies that played Counter-Strike for way more hours than me but I'm better than them and vice-versa. As well, I can pickup a game like Halo that I have barely played and be decent because I know how to play FPSes, regardless of if I've played that particular incarnation.

With strategy games, there's guys who will pick it up and basically instantly be an elite player whereas other will pour hundreds of hours into it and never be more than average. I don't find it's the same with MMOs.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I'm a Paladin tank/GM too but since I rock the house as ret deeps I have no problem when our DK tank wants to tank it up.
our GM thinks that pallys can tank everything effectively. what he doesn't know is that DK's are so OP it freaks me out.

Quote:
We've gotten XT into hard mode phase, which was extremely easy for us, but we haven't tried hard modes because we wanted to clear the zone first. This week we're definitely tackling 4tower FL, XT, IC, Thorim and possibly Freya. Thorim seems REALLY easy. Sifr doesn't seem to do a lot of damage and our healers are A+ so I'm not worried. Definitely not doing 3keeper Freya, but we will work up to it over the next two weeks I'm sure.
what server are you on?

Quote:
The thing I'm not excited about is Firefighter, which seems really really hard. Also not looking forward to hardmode General or Yogg, but that comes later.
hardmode yogg isn't bad. hardmode general is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Mimiron hard mode blows.
we've **** ourself on alganon for the past 3 weeks. then again the horde side of my server blows...

Quote:
WoW has effectively ruined the MMO market by dumbing its gameplay down to the point that any moron can completely succeed. I see 90% of new MMO's coming out to be mostly WoW clones with a different back story to try and leach Blizzards customer base.

/gofuk WoW
why the hate? i mean, yeah wow-content was made more casual, but not too casual that it's easy sauce... i do not like the hot-fixed nerfs though that they're doing to yogg. stupid...

and yes renji. i have smaller tits than boe...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
This man is a GENIUS!

Old 06-14-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

DK tanks got a slight nerf lately but they're very strong. I can tank everything we do effectively but there are certain situations where a DK or Warrior tank is more effective so I let them do that.

I play on Malfurion, Horde side.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Anyone here play Alliance? I used to but now only play Horde
Old 06-14-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I have played Alliance in the past but I like everything about Horde so much more.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Anyone have any news/general thoughts concerning a new expansion? I'm hoping it's water based and the patch that allowed you to stay mounted while in water is gearing up for water mounts.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

There is a lot of speculation at the moment that it's either The Emerald Dream or The Maelstrom. I have no idea to be honest.

I'm getting sexcited for Icecrown though. That should be fuuuuun.

And there is a water mount currently in the game. You have to fish Northrend Pools. It's a Sea Turtle that has 100% swim speed but only 60% ground speed. It's pretty win. I don't have one because I am massively unlucky.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
thats what a computer is for
I have a Mac :(

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never got into this game. Entertaining, even somewhat addictive the first week or two, until you realize there are two types of missions(whatever they're called in the game);

- Kill x number of y monsters
- Kill x monsters until you get y number of z items

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I never got into this game. Entertaining, even somewhat addictive the first week or two, until you realize there are two types of missions(whatever they're called in the game);

Not true. There's also escort quests
Old 06-14-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post

You can break every game down like that though.

FPS- Point and click
Football- Pick play press button
Old 06-14-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

People will always hate on WoW because they associate fantasy with nerdiness. God damn you Dungeons and Dragons for giving us all a bad name
Old 06-14-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't hate WoW, but the time you have to play in order to get all of the good gear is just way too much for me.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People will always hate on WoW because they associate fantasy with nerdiness. God damn you Dungeons and Dragons for giving us all a bad name
It might be because just about every fantasy gaming product since D&D has borrowed heavily from it. Besides, WOW is nerdy. Doesn't make it any less fun (nor, however, does it change the fact that I always get bored with it after picking it up for a couple months).
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote