Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-14-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Friend and I made a site about a year ago, you should check it out if you're interested in Diablo III.

www.d3db.com

It's kind of raw right now on the information front, as not much has been released.
That's actually a really nice site, I'll definately be using it. I check every now and then for new info/release date, but am usually disappointed. Love the look of the witch doctor though. I'll probably end up with a barbarian because that is what I played all the time on D2.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:32 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
It might be because just about every fantasy gaming product since D&D has borrowed heavily from it. Besides, WOW is nerdy.
Truth.

If D&D was never created - WoW is never created. Along with countless other games.

Respect your forefathers, my fellow nerds.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WoW is OK. It's unfortunate that WoW is the first "mainstream" MMO because of how dumbed down it is compared to its forebearers. And I don't even like using the term "MMO" to describe it. There's nothing about the game that changes due to players' actions. 90% of the player interactions occur within instanced dungeons or arenas... But it is a pretty good multiplayer game/experience. Not near the complexity or immersiveness of Eve Online, but it's an OK online game.

I prefer player driven games with meaningful PvP (UO & SB vet), and WoW offers neither to me. I did have an interest in doing raids and maybe even the occaisional arena team, but I just don't have the time to invest in any MMO anymore. Lack of time is also unfortunate because I'd really been looking forward to Darkfall Online for quite some time.

It's important to recognize MMO's as social events, not games. They take the place of an intramural sports team or a trip to the card store for some D&D, Magic, or Warhammer. I think they're a good social hobby, but maybe not the best one for people with a good deal of responsibilities. I've played at the highest level of MMO's, and it was a great time, but I don't ever see myself being able to do that again. And MMO's, imo, are a waste of time if I'm not competing with my guild/clan to be the best.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Truth.

If D&D was never created - WoW is never created. Along with countless other games.

Respect your forefathers, my fellow nerds.

WoW is about as nerdy as Madden, imo.

If you want nerdy, play Eve Online. THAT is an MMO. WoW's merely an online game.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madden isn't nerdy, Madden just sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
WoW is about as nerdy as Madden, imo.

If you want nerdy, play Eve Online. THAT is an MMO. WoW's merely an online game.
Eve Online is a terrible game.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:55 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played for a while but could never really get into it.

My biggest flaw with the game is that it felt like all I was doing was running between places. I was hoping that once I got a mount that would be better, but it really wasn't.

I just didn't find it used enough of my intellectual capacity and as a result never truly entertained me.

Warcraft 3, Starcraft and Myth 2 were my big time kills online. Was ranked inside the top 10 in SC at one point, have been #1 in Myth 2 for extended periods and was top 50 in Warcraft. Killed a lot of time on them, it's amazing how much playing frequently will improve your skills on those, I got to a point on Warcraft where i could basically play the first 5 minutes blindfolded and not lose a step, it was kind of scary really when you stopped and thought, I just spent 5 minutes, did all that crap and didn't even think of it. I try and play now and I always seem to miss something crucial...

Must say, Myth 2 was the best game of those 3 those, probably the best game I've ever played, at least on a multiplayer level.

There is one other game that I have invested more time in than any though, Championship/Football Manager. Quite simply the best sports game ever and I don't even like Soccer. If there was ever an NBA, NFL or AFL game on that level I think I would probably have to quit my job.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:22 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry to off topic but all the nerd talk is taking me back. Is dota still alive on wc3? Ahh good times....

agreed wog (that feels SO wrong to say, considering it's meaning here) cm01-02 were some of the best times ever.
rchrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:56 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
Sorry to off topic but all the nerd talk is taking me back. Is dota still alive on wc3? Ahh good times....

agreed wog (that feels SO wrong to say, considering it's meaning here) cm01-02 were some of the best times ever.
yea, and its still awesome

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:10 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
yea, and its still awesome
Ahh man, if only I knew where the cd was...i wanna play it again :(
rchrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:12 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Eve Online is a terrible game.
It's a great game, it's just way more hardcore than what the typical WoW player is accustomed to. I couldn't invest the time in it, so I didn't play it too much. Doesn't take a whole lot to have some success in that game if you know what you're doing and have a good guild.

And DotA is awesome. I haven't played in a few months, but I love that game.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are actually a few new heroes in dota now. I haven't played in a while but it's still a solid game.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are actually a few new heroes in dota now. I haven't played in a while but it's still a solid game.
It's amazing how Blizzards games stand the test of time...

Diablo 2 is still enjoyable...
Starcraft Channel.
DOTA keeps war3 alive.

and every one of those games is over 4 years ago.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:32 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where WoW exceeds is it's ability to draw ALL CROWDS.

sure it's more mainstream and a little more casual, but, the difficulties have been ramped up a bit more (imo)... Yes, the PVP is lacking tremendously, but, I've never been one for pvp, when i played EQ back in college... was the same way, i prefer the mass teamwork effort from 25's and the social interactions you get with your raid group...

that and i'm a number guru and i dissect the WWS of all our raid groups.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
where WoW exceeds is it's ability to draw ALL CROWDS.

sure it's more mainstream and a little more casual, but, the difficulties have been ramped up a bit more (imo)... Yes, the PVP is lacking tremendously, but, I've never been one for pvp, when i played EQ back in college... was the same way, i prefer the mass teamwork effort from 25's and the social interactions you get with your raid group...

that and i'm a number guru and i dissect the WWS of all our raid groups.
We don't run wws because we're a 10 man guild and it's not entirely necessary, but we all jerk off over recount numbers and stuff.

And yeah, I do like to pvp as a side thing, as something for fun, but I've never been hardcore about it. I've been extremely hardcore into raiding since early EverQuest (was a cleric doing Hate/Fear raids way way back in the day) and I've been hooked since. Now, with WoW, I just prefer the smaller raid content, especially since I like every person I'm guilded with right now. Can't always say that about a 25 man guild.

And hard modes are a hell of a lot of fun. They make 10 man encounters challenging as well.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played wow when it first came out. I quit playing shorty after wotlk came out. The game declined with every xpack. I remember in the early days when getting an epic used to really mean something. Evenatually they made it super easy to get purples. I played on Norgannon server, my main was a human priest(healz). I had several toons, when I stopped I had an 80 priest, an 80 rogue,(allys). An 80 BD hunter. A 70 mage, and a 70 druid i used for BGs.

They have all since been deleted about 5 months ago.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never got into it because I would have to pay a monthly fee.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
It's amazing how Blizzards games stand the test of time...

Diablo 2 is still enjoyable...
Starcraft Channel.
DOTA keeps war3 alive.

and every one of those games is over 4 years ago.
Not bad, but give me BioWare games.

Baldur's Gate Series
Planescape: Torment
Neverwinter Nights

Different style of games, but they are all still talked about to this day with some of them being over a decade old.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Baldur's Gate Series
Neverwinter Nights

Different style of games, but they are all still talked about to this day with some of them being over a decade old.
I'd take StarCraft over all 3 of those games :D

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I recently switched servers from Dragonmaw to Deathwing.
H or A....I am on that realm.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
We don't run wws because we're a 10 man guild and it's not entirely necessary, but we all jerk off over recount numbers and stuff.

And yeah, I do like to pvp as a side thing, as something for fun, but I've never been hardcore about it. I've been extremely hardcore into raiding since early EverQuest (was a cleric doing Hate/Fear raids way way back in the day) and I've been hooked since. Now, with WoW, I just prefer the smaller raid content, especially since I like every person I'm guilded with right now. Can't always say that about a 25 man guild.

And hard modes are a hell of a lot of fun. They make 10 man encounters challenging as well.
holy crap hate/fear :P

you know what i find annoying, 10 man content can be harder, but you don't get rewarded with it... and by rewarded i mean better gear. less room for error...

i like doing 10 mans, but i always have to do them on the side... aka weekend fillers because 2 days of 6 hrs of raiding (7-1cst monday and wedesday) is a burn.

if you still play, class/spec plz. at least your main...

Old 06-17-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A MMO I always wanted to try was the City of Villains/City of Heroes games. Anyone tried those?
Old 06-17-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Baldur's Gate Series
Neverwinter Nights

For me, the original Diablo is my favorite game ever made. Ever. Can't wait for D3

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread has gradually become harder and harder to decipher.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
This thread has gradually become harder and harder to decipher.
what if we start speaking in latin?