Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 06-25-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chiefs Sign Vet S Mike Brown

The Chiefs have agreed to contract terms with veteran safety Mike Brown. Brown, a nine-year veteran and a 2005 Pro Bowler with the Chicago Bears, could challenge either of the incumbents, Bernard Pollard and Jarrad Page, for a starting job.

http://www.kansascity.com/159/story/...k=omni_popular

On the cheap i heard too which helps!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If healthy. . .
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

love the guy, but he's finished.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not that big of news, was announced in the Free AGent thread already

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome awesome guy. Field and locker room leader.

Made of glass.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Awesome awesome guy. Field and locker room leader.

Made of glass.
Incredible instincts and heart. Hits hard and plays the run well.

Slow as molasses after the injuries.

Going to miss him. Always seemed to come up with clutch touchdowns.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVm1...layer_embedded
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would have taken him, completely busted, over Clinton Hart anyday. Officially crossing my fingers for Kevin Ellison as a rookie starter.

I hope the Chiefs don't start him, why bother hindering the development of Page and Pollard? Sick duo.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I agree with you, though if he replaces anyone I hope it's Pollard. I love Page as a player right now. Strong, smart, plays the run well and has a knack for the big interception, just ask the Raiders.

Page and Pollard will be a great tandem for years.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Would have taken him, completely busted, over Clinton Hart anyday. Officially crossing my fingers for Kevin Ellison as a rookie starter.

I hope the Chiefs don't start him, why bother hindering the development of Page and Pollard? Sick duo.
I wouldn't bet on that. CC.SD told me he is playing LB:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
How are people so down on Kevin Ellison, he's a sixth round pick who will be playing dime package linebacker for us. With a reputation for being a leader, student of the game, and fierce hitter, plus he's bigger than Donnie Edwards ever was. For a team that got carved up over the middle, that's a very nifty pick in the sixth.

It's already been stated he won't be playing at SS.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just have a general question here.

Why does it always seem like there is so much love for Bears players as soon as they leave the Bears?

For years I defend Orton and say things like I think we would have won that Superbowl with him starting over Rex.....but people are just like "no he sucks" but then he goes to Denver, and suddenly people are like "oh, he could be pretty good there!"

ahhhhhhh.......

And now Mike Brown....loved him for years and years and I'd talk him up so much and people were like "he's always hurt" and I was like "yeah....but he's good when healthy" and people were like "nahhh....he sucks." And then he becomes a free agent and it excites some Chiefs fans and now we have a Chargers fan wishing they would have got him....

ahhhhh......

And then a popular guy, Cutler, who I and a lot of people liked even before he became a Bear, goes to the Bears, and people are just like....."he sucks." Like......it seems seriously like its everybody now, and he hasn't even taken a snap for us. People on here, people i work with in real life, it's terrible. I knew so many people who were like "Cutler is the next great QB, book it" but none of them exist any longer since he's been traded to the Bears.

ahhhhh....
Old 06-26-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I just have a general question here.

Why does it always seem like there is so much love for Bears players as soon as they leave the Bears?

For years I defend Orton and say things like I think we would have won that Superbowl with him starting over Rex.....but people are just like "no he sucks" but then he goes to Denver, and suddenly people are like "oh, he could be pretty good there!"

ahhhhhhh.......

And then a popular guy, Cutler, who I and a lot of people liked even before he became a Bear, goes to the Bears, and people are just like....."he sucks." Like......it seems seriously like its everybody now, and he hasn't even taken a snap for us. People on here, people i work with in real life, it's terrible. I knew so many people who were like "Cutler is the next great QB, book it" but none of them exist any longer since he's been traded to the Bears.

ahhhhh....
Pretty sure people are saying Orton will be good in Denver see him being able to produce in that system behind that great offense.

As for Cutler, he goes from a promising offense that looked to be built to succeed for decades, to well, Chicago's offense that doesn't really have a receiving threat, signed an oldie to be the LT and putting a lot of faith in Forte. I like Cutler, he has tremendous talent, but he also needs to progress further and stop making mistakes/choking.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know a single Chiefs fan who is "excited" to have Mike Brown on the roster. He is a good veteran signing but I hope he doesn't see the field ever.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:22 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he can stay healthy I still think he can be a starter at SS. Not a great or even good starter but a decent one.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bah . . . I hope he takes Pollard's spot and that bastard is relegated to washing jock straps all season.

lol. Nah, not really. He's a good depth signing but it's not likely he takes over a starting role. But the Chiefs are young and can use some veteran leaders. Vrable & Brown can bring that.

oh, and Cutler is the next great QB, book it.

EDIT: That should read Cassel . . . der der der

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 07-14-2009 at 09:22 AM.
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
ChiefLee
Rookie

ChiefLee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm betting he ends up starting if he's healthy. He's only 31, and a pro bowl caliber safety.

Custom Promotional Products | Personalized Tote Bags
ChiefLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefLee View Post
I'm betting he ends up starting if he's healthy. He's only 31, and a pro bowl caliber safety.
He is far far from a pro bowl caliber safety. He was healthy last season and was an average SS. He can still play SS imo but not at a high level.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
ChiefLee
Rookie

ChiefLee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Camp is three weeks away. I'm ready!

Custom Promotional Products | Personalized Tote Bags
ChiefLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefLee View Post
Camp is three weeks away. I'm ready!
You and me both.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote