Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-20-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone play piano?

i wanna learn to play one, but i literally know nothing bout pianos, and music
Old 03-20-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take some lessons, theyll teach you both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
anyone play piano?

i wanna learn to play one, but i literally know nothing bout pianos, and music
My parents started me on piano lessons when I was 10. I only took maybe 5 lessons. When I was 13 I started playing guitar and have been playing it ever since.

Through school and such I learned how to play several different instruments. But its one of my single biggest regrets in life that I didnt keep up with those piano lessons.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:07 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't laugh you ****ers.

Falling Slowly Cover

jking you can laugh, still learning to sing. any crits?

Last edited by dolphinfan2k5 : 03-30-2010 at 01:11 AM.
dolphinfan2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just learned Six Spence None The Richer's "Kiss me" on my acoustic, and I was singing along the whole time. Maybe the gayest moment of my life. Good song though.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
Don't laugh you ****ers.

Falling Slowly Cover

jking you can laugh, still learning to sing. any crits?
I left a comment

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Stratocas...em255bc 3c15a

good 1st guitar? good price? everyone plays right so i want to do it left.

Last edited by redbills : 07-13-2010 at 08:47 PM.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah I think I'm also in the thinking-about-getting-first-guitar boat. I'm definitely looking for electric. I'll probably ask people I know that play, but I'm willing to hear from anyone and everyone.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a huge death metal fan but for the past 2 years I have also been listening to stuff like Al Di Meola, J.S. Bach, and Yngwie Malmsteen I recommend that to anyone.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post

It's a good price...but I wouldn't buy a guitar on Ebay or at a pawn shop. Usually the necks aren't taken care of at all. And when you're playing guitar and you find a dead note...it really sucks. I'd def go to your local music store, they have people that will help you pick out a nice first guitar.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Are you left handed? Cause i'm not sure how good of an idea it would be to try to play lefty guitar just for the hell of it.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Are you left handed? Cause i'm not sure how good of an idea it would be to try to play lefty guitar just for the hell of it.
Yeah, that's just adding difficulty. And it will be harder to find a guitar you love later on, and you won't be able to play other people's guitars ever.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

thats really not much cheaper than a new one

in fact you can get a full starter pack of the same guitar for 299
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...ack?sku=514472

and there are probably better deals out there

btw quality control on mexican Strats is very loose, some are complete crap some are actually pretty good for the price, either way though you are paying quite a bit just for the name

...and ya if you are righty don't bother getting a lefty guitar

http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitarleft.html
a bunch of lefty guitars, anything made by Agile I would recommend, great quality stuff for a low price, feel free to pm me if you want an opinion

Last edited by fenikz : 07-14-2010 at 04:46 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys I try to learn guitar and I suck at it. Give me an easy tab to try and learn please.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the first songs I was taught was Brainstew by Green Day. Can't go wrong with that its really easy to play.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's easiest song I know. E and A all the way through. Pretty much down strumming throughout the song.

Wonderwall is pretty easy too, first song I learned on my guitar. Your 3rd and 4th finger stays in the same position the entire song.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
...and ya if you are righty don't bother getting a lefty guitar

http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitarleft.html
a bunch of lefty guitars, anything made by Agile I would recommend, great quality stuff for a low price, feel free to pm me if you want an opinion
why? I have no clue how to play so would it really matter?
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Quote:
why? I have no clue how to play so would it really matter?
Did you read the multiple reasons people stated?
Old 07-18-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever, learn lefty if you want. If you're willing to always have to port around your own guitar and all the other crap, it's a unique skill to have.

If you want to put the work in, go for it.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Anyone willing to give me some feedback on a cover that me and my friend just recorded. Kind of our first official song with him singing. He's playing rhythm as well, and I'm doing background vocals, lead guitar, and drumming on my guitar. I'd really appreciate any feedback.

It's Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/dolphinfan2k5/
Old 08-21-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sometimes throughout the song it's hard to hear the main vocals.

There's too much echo in the vocals. Idk if that's how you all wanted it, but it sounds weird.

The guitar playing and picking sounds clean though. Good stuff there.

That song sounded something like straight outta Lion King though. I've never heard that song before lol. It sounded good though, like i said, the only beef i'd have is that someone messed around a lot with the vocals, i think it would sound a lot better without all the effects.

Just my $0.02
Old 08-21-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Thanks a lot. Are you talking about the main vocals, the background vocals, or both? I seem to the reverb comment a lot. I just always feel like the vocals are way too hollow from my mic so I try to find a good balance, I'll have to go back and work with it a little more. Still learning about how to record and mix.

Here's the original if you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMabBGydC0
Old 08-21-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The main vocals are difficult to hear sometimes, mainly towards the beginning of the song. And there seems to be a lot of echo in all of the vocals.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:56 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Anyone willing to give me some feedback on a cover that me and my friend just recorded. Kind of our first official song with him singing. He's playing rhythm as well, and I'm doing background vocals, lead guitar, and drumming on my guitar. I'd really appreciate any feedback.

I thought it sounded pretty good, the balance is really messed up though, needs more vocals, and the whole thing could be louder.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It'd be useful to know what kinds of processing you did on the vocals and what program you're using to record and mix. The guitar to vocals volume ratio is way off.