Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
So is Shawne Merriman. Suggs just screwed the rush backer market up, every single one of their values just jumped a little bit and A TON if you're an impact guy like Ware, Merriman (2010) or Woodley in 2011.
I don't think it's very fair to say Suggs screwed things up. Consider Dwight Freeney and Jared Allen signed bigger deals, and as you say, Ware and Merriman will in all likelihood sign the biggest deals yet by the 2011 offseason (if there's no labor stopage).

Just the way the system and free agency proceeds, guys are getting bigger deals. Reggie Wayne signed a huge deal in 06 and now he's just about underpaid compared to some of the recent deals. It's how it is, a matter of escalation. The salary cap and floor increase, as does the revenue the league/teams make.

Quote:
Now James Harrison's deal seems weak who "only" made 20 million guaranteed
I don't remember exactly, was Harrison really dealing from any position of strength? I want to say no, Pittsburgh did the unusual thing and rewarded him with some cash, when they normally let their outside rushers walk and just plug in the next guy.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad Harrison got locked up before Suggs. Thats way to much money to give him. Suggs is a great player, but that kind of money is ridiculous.

I can only hope it keeps them from signing some of their other young talent.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Suggs's ability to stop the srun and drop into coverage is really underrated. He doesn't get many sacks, but the guy gets a ton of pressure on QB's, good in coverage and great against the run and never missed a game since like 2003? So he is very reliable. He might not be good "stat" wise since he doesn't put up James Harrison type sacks, but he is worth 63 million to the Ravens defense. He does the little things that make him so good for them.

spot on post
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Suggs is worth that much to their defense, I wonder how much Ngata will get. He must be pretty happy right now.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we can afford Ngata. I know Ozzie had Ngata and Gaither in mind when he made this deal w/ Suggs, I just hope we can sign Gaither and Ngata
Old 07-23-2009, 05:20 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He should've tried to extend gaither during last season. He may have done and we don't know but it should've been part of his strategy, believe me, it sucks to have two big tier stars on either side of the ball free agents at the same time.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I hope we can afford Ngata. I know Ozzie had Ngata and Gaither in mind when he made this deal w/ Suggs, I just hope we can sign Gaither and Ngata
When are both of their contracts up? The Ravens really had ALOT of decisions to make and you just can't keep anybody.

You guys had to lose Jason Brown who was a franchise Center and still very young who I'm sure Ozzie wanted to keep, Bart Scott got away, and you still have two more big contracts to dish out...When you draft well you have more contracts to hand out, but it would be a mistake to let either Ngata or Gaither come close to leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well I really dont think losing Scott was that big of a deal, I am kind of glad he left so we can have more $. Ngata contract is up after next year I believe, and I think same w/ Gaither not 100% sure.