Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Most overrated teams going into the season

Discuss .
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dallas Cowboys

I have it discussed in my Truths thread.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anybody is overrating them. They're projected to go anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7. They might be the most UNDERrated team this season.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The Dallas Cowboys

I have it discussed in my Truths thread.
Just scanned over your truths thread and the part about the Cowboys might be the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life. Their defense is VASTLY improved this year. You really counting trading Henry as a loss? Get real.
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
I don't think anybody is overrating them. They're projected to go anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7. They might be the most UNDERrated team this season.
I wouldn't call the Cowboys underrated at all.
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

The NY Giants.. I really want to see how they do w/o Plax and Ward. My guess, 8-8 or 9-7
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the whole NFC South besides the Saints

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
I wouldn't call the Cowboys underrated at all.
This, of course, depends on which projections you're looking at. If they're projected to be 10-6 I don't think they are underrated. But anything less than that, yes.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
Just scanned over your truths thread and the part about the Cowboys might be the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life. Their defense is VASTLY improved this year. You really counting trading Henry as a loss? Get real.
Where is their defense improved? Please share Einstein, I want to hear what you have to say.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they lost TO!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas Cowboys

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants did fine last year without Plax and they drafted Ward's replacement in Andre Brown, plus they have another RB in Danny Ware that their expecting good things from. Not only that but they added some significant pieces to their defense and Kenny Phillips will have a year of NFL experience under his belt.

I think the one team that is getting overrated is the Philadelphia Eagles. Sure, they drafted Maclin but he's coming from a spread offense and will have to adjust to the pro-style set. Their DC has been undergoing cancer treatment, they lost Brian Dawkins, the leader of their secondary. I do like the moves that they have made but I don't think it's going to be enough for them to finish first in the NFC East. I think that honor will go to the NY Giants.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd agree that Dallas' defense should be improved this season. And they werent even that bad last season. But anyway, You lose Canty but pick up Olshansky, that's pretty much a lateral move. Brooking replaces Thomas...who was absolutely awful in the middle for us. Brooking has played in Wade's defense before and he has more left in the tank then Zach did. He could end up being a nice addition...i certainly expect him to be better than Thomas, who should have opted for retirement, instead of going to KC. Then you factor in the speed factor. We have more speed now at OLB, CB, and S. With Spencer, Jenkins, and Sensabaugh starting.

Ellis still has a lot to offer but, he proved to be a liability as well. It was time for him to go back to end, full time. Spencer, a former first round pick, is the superior athlete and is finally getting his shot. While, I really liked Henry, his speed had diminished and he was always injured, no longer as effective as he once was. Jenkins will be an upgrade. And then Sensabaugh comes in replacing Roy Williams/Keith Davis....He's no pro bowler but, he is certainly an upgrade at the position. They're younger and faster...But their main core of defensive stars, remains intact. I expect them to be better...and again, they actually werent a poor unit last season. Leading the nfl sacks and finishing top 5 against the pass.

So recap:

Olshansky = Canty (or atleast wont be a major drop off)

And Ellis, Henry, Thomas, and Williams were all players w/ eroding skills. They've been replaced w/ superior athletes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-23-2009 at 08:49 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'll go with the Falcons and the Cowboys.

HM: Bears.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year, I would've said Dallas, but not this year. They got rid of TO to make this team more Romo-friendly, which could end badly with their pass protection. They also lost Chris Canty and replaced him with Igor Olshansky. I would not be surprised at all if they finished last in the division.
I am going to go with the Eagles as overrated. Hopefully the chemotherapy goes well for Jim Johnson. McDermott probably won't be able to call the plays as effectively. Sean Jones is a talent upgrade, but I don't see him commanding the defense the way Dawkins did.
For the offense, Jason Peters will not get it done after getting paid. Westbrook is hurt, but I think McCoy can carry the load if he has to. DeSean Jackson will improve, but I doubt that Maclin does much this year as a receiver, but he should do well as a return man. I don't think Philly will do as well as people think they will.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.

I'll go with the Colts......They have lost alot and Manning cannot compensate for coaching....
ricowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How come every year the Cowboys are marked as an overrated team? They haven't done jack in over 12 years. None of the national pundits are hyping them up. Yet, still... many people are calling them overated. I don't know who overrates them really. Not even people who make our 2010 mock drafts have them winning much. One guy even has us passing on Taylor Mays. hahaha.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Last year, I would've said Dallas, but not this year. They got rid of TO to make this team more Romo-friendly, which could end badly with their pass protection. They also lost Chris Canty and replaced him with Igor Olshansky. I would not be surprised at all if they finished last in the division.
I am going to go with the Eagles as overrated. Hopefully the chemotherapy goes well for Jim Johnson. McDermott probably won't be able to call the plays as effectively. Sean Jones is a talent upgrade, but I don't see him commanding the defense the way Dawkins did.
For the offense, Jason Peters will not get it done after getting paid. Westbrook is hurt, but I think McCoy can carry the load if he has to. DeSean Jackson will improve, but I doubt that Maclin does much this year as a receiver, but he should do well as a return man. I don't think Philly will do as well as people think they will.
Great points on the Eagles......They will be in a dogfight with the G-men for top spot......Dallas has too much talent to end up 4th in the division.....Skins are another year older and not alot of young talent on the team.
ricowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Orleans is being overrated imo.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricowboy View Post
Great points on the Eagles......They will be in a dogfight with the G-men for top spot......Dallas has too much talent to end up 4th in the division.....Skins are another year older and not alot of young talent on the team.
I don't think Philly will win the division, but I do think they will go the furthest in the playoffs.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Where is their defense improved? Please share Einstein, I want to hear what you have to say.
Compared to u I guess I am Einstein, so I will share the facts with you.

1) Exit Roy Williams. Enter Sensabaugh. No need to explain. Please dear God don't say this needs an explanation.

2) Exit Anthony Henry. This was another huge whole in the secondary. He was physical but much too slow and took too many risks on short patterns. Easily beat by any double move or by anybody with a hint of speed. Enter a year older, more experienced Scandrick or Jenkins. Scandrick is a very solid NFL corner with a chance to be a stud. He needs to be out on the field more. Jenkins didn't have as good of a rookie season as Scandrick, but not many rookie cornerbacks did. Jenkins showed flashes, which is what you expect from a rookie, so now give him the chance to play. There's no way in hell that after another training camp and with the experience he got last year that he will perform worse than Henry. Newman, Scandrick, Jenkins over Newman, Henry, Jenkins any day.

3) Exit Chris Canty. Enter Igor Olshansky. Let's call a spade a spade. Canty is SOLID but no where near deserving of the money for which he was asking. In a vacuum would I rather have Canty over Igor? Probably...but in this situation not really. They're a wash and if you consider the salary part of it, I'd much rather have Igor. Neither has much responsibility or is asked to put up big numbers in Wade's system. Granted, I think Canty will be much more valuable for the Giants than he was for the Giants, b/c they're going to move him around and have him on the inside but for the Cowboys, he was expendable. I'm not going to argue for one second that Igor is an upgrade over Canty head up but when you consider all the improves the team has made, losing Canty will mean absolutely nothing.

4) Exit Zach Thomas. Enter Keith Brooking. Brooking, much like Igor, is comfortable in Wade's system and has had success in it before. He's bigger and younger than Thomas and I believe he has more left in the tank as well. I will not lie and say he will be a major upgrade over Thomas but he is an upgrade, nonetheless.

5) Exit Greg Ellis. Enter Anthony Spencer. Ellis is what he is and the team wanted to be younger and more athletic on defense. Spencer hasn't been a world beater but he hasn't exactly busted either. Keep in mind, that it's impossible to judge someone by what they do in limited time. He, much like Henry, is not doing anything spectacular for the team and really is only blocking the young talent from getting a chance to contribute.

6) Exit Brian Stewart. Enter Wade Phillips. Everybody saw how much the defense improved last year when Wade took over all the playcalling duties on defense. I'm excited to see what he can do this year with his mind/scheme and a younger, more athletic Cowboys defense. Him calling the shots from day one is a HUGE upgrade.

The only area where I see the team making a bad move on defense recently is letting Burnett go but there was nothing they really could do about that. This edition of the Cowboys defense will be the strongest they've had in quite some time.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

The Cowboys will yet again take a back seat in the division to the Eagles and Giants. Are they improved? Yeah, maybe, but at the end of the day Tony Romo will fade come December as usual.

Seriously though I believe they are improved (addition by subtraction), but I still don't feel it's enough to get deep into the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they got in as a wild card, but I just can't see them getting out of the second round.

Last edited by Todd Bertuzzi : 07-23-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Todd Bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Thanks for writing a detailed response but I fail to see where they VASTLY improved. At the very best the defense is equally as talented but I think Cowboys' fans will become disgruntled by Igor for his lack of drive after getting paid but we'll see. Turning the youth may work for the first half of the year but how will they respond to a full season, getting the majority of the reps? The offense has more problems too and that's actually the unit that worries me more, not the defense.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a huge fan of the Ravens this season. They lost a lot, but had players that can step in. I'm just not sure those players can play like the players that left. Rex Ryan is also a top 3 DC in the NFL.

Patriots are being SOO overrated. Its really annoying. People expect Tom Brady to comeback from his torn ACL like nothing happened, but I believe its going to effect his play next season.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say the Miami Dolphins. I really don't see them as a playoff contender this year. Last year, they had a great season but a lot of their games were close and could have gone either way. They had ridiculously few turnovers last year and that will be tough to repeat. Also, they played the AFC and NFC West last year which were the two worst divisions in football. This year they play the AFC and NFC South, arguably the two best divisions. They were able to take advantage of a lot of teams last year with the Wildcat but I don't think it will be quite as successful even with Pat White. Usually teams that are bad then have a big rise tend to even back out somewhere in the middle. I see them winning 6-7 games.