Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tales from Eagles 2009 Training Camp

This is where I will be reporting back on anything involving Training Camp when I attend this year. I will talk about progress, players, really anything I notice. If you have the means to come, I suggest you do so, it is free, and you can meet players and other important figures in the NFL. (I met Drew Rosenhaus, as well as numerous players last year) I will hopefully be a less douchy version of Dave Spadaro, but I can't promis that guys... lol. Expect reports back around lunchtime and early evening on the days i go, ask questions, and if I know the answers, I'll tell you, if not, I'll do my best to find out about it in my upcoming attendances. Really, I will be your sidelines reporter on Eagles TC whenever possible for the next 2+ weeks.

I plan on following the offensive line and defensive line extensively, as that is what I know the most about and am most intrigued by, as they are the most important parts of the team. I will came back with info on Donovan and Kolb, as well as all the rookies and new team members. I will come back with info on position battles, new starters like Quentin Demps and the young players who have shown promise, as well as anything else worht mentioning, and maybe some things not even worth mentioning. Tomorrow and Wednesday are the rookies and selected veterans, as you all know, so expect news about them tomorrow and Wednesday...

Once again, if you have questions, I'll do my damnedest to answer them for you, but if I don't know, I won't BS you. I may give my input on it, but that is all it will be...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well morning practice is over, and I'm home...

The team will be in shorts until Friday, I believe, so we aren't in real football yet. I first came in as the OL group, who was out before most everyone else. I can't believe I forgot how tall King Dunlap is. Though he is still thin for an O-Linemen, I can see a noticable difference in his size, particularly his arms. He still looks more like a freakishly tall TE out there though... They were going through some drills, going over technique and footwork, implementing to heavy bags and doing some one on ones. Juan Castillo was spending a lot of time with Mike McGlynn.

After a little while I moved a bit to watch Donovan throw to Cornelius Ingram and Eugene Bright. Both did a great job of going for the catch with their hands throughout. I'm not wuite sure what either are listed at for height, but Ingram is pretty tall looking, and Bright, though he looks thicker, and more like a blocking TE, seems to have great hands. He only dropped one ball, on a laser from Donovan on a quick slant, as if he were lined up in a slot WR position. Ingram didn't drop a single throw throughout this drill.

The QBs/RBs/WRs then just went over some plays on the one field, while I'm sure the defense was doing something similar, I honestly wasn't paying much attention to the other field, as I couldn't see much of it anyway. But it was mostly passing plays, Curtis did well, and McCoy showed off his receiving abilities throughout. Marcus Thigpen had a drop on one of the balls thrown to him from Feeley, but besides that, I don't remember much of him. Gibson did very well too, showing off his hands. Brandon Robinson also had quite a few receptions in this time. I don't remember seeing much from Danny Amendola here either. Reid would watch most of this from about 25 yards down the field, as if he were a Safety or something, haha. I was watching him take down notes with his red pen every once in a while...

Then the team would move to the defense's field (field 2, I believe). (There are three fields. Field one is primarily for ST purposes, 2 is for Defense, and 3 is for offense, primarily. There is a bunch of room in between the fields for the OL, as well as cameras and VIP people allowed on the field to watch.) Here they did some skeleton work, its just working on coverage and receivign abilities. McCoy and Ingram both had a TON of receptions, and neither dropped a ball as well. Ingram had the play of the morning, making a crazy diving catch in the middle of the field, with a LB and safety covering him very tightly. One fo the people near me said, "I'm so glad LJ Smith is gone." This made my heart warm. On one McCoy reception, he would juke out one of the defenders, I think it was CB Courtney Robinson, and you could see Donovan was liking it, as he was copying Robinson's leg movement, and almost falling over. This was one of many moves by McCoy that would be very impressive. The receivers seemed to have the defenders beat throughout this drive, but most of the defenders are guys that aren't likely to make the final roster anyway. Byron Parker, from the CFL, seemed vocal, but confused his assignments on at least two plays, at least from my perspective. One of them let Danny Amendola completely wide open for a TD. Reid called the offense in, and I think he was upset, because you could hear him say that he wanted the offense to "walk through it so the defense could see what was going on". Ingram had a couple TDs, great catches. He really has an advantage with his height. I need to check how tall he is listed at... But McCoy had a number of great plays as well. Guess what guys, I saw a fade route today! Cold it be we actually use this in the offense? It would be completed to Shaheer McBride (I think it was him, 95% sure) for a TD.

This was a fairly short practice, and the team then stretched it out, and after the stretches everyone left, except for the O-linemen. I didn't think much of it then, but Stacey Andrews wasn't really stretching too hard, and on some, wasn't even barely doing the stretch. Looking back, I think he is still taking it easy on his knee, as the lower body stretches were what he was taking it easy on the most.

But once I worked my way over to where the O-linemen were, they were working on pulling technique. Paul Fanaika was doing a real great job, I noticed he was getting out of his position well, in one fluid movement was out of his stance and pulling effectively. I could hear Castillo say "Great job Paul", and he only did this once. MJG, on the other hand, didn't look nearly as good. He would coil up, and then shoot out of his stance before he pulled, wasting a lot of movement. I'm not sure if this was something Castillo was talking to him about between his reps doing this, but MJG looked sloppy while he was pulling. I think MJG did about 6 or 7 reps of this, much more than the other O-linemen did. McGlynn did this about three times, but his footwork when he was pulling looked weird, he almost looked pigeon-toed the first time he pulled, and Castillo talked to him (couldn't hear what he was saying unless he was yelling) But he looked smoother the next time around. Fenuki Tupou was lined up mostly on the left side of the ball, I'm not quite sure if the team plans on having him at LT or not, but I think it'd be best if he stays of the right side.

Guys that stuck out, really played well fromt he looks of it were Cornelius Ingram and LeSean McCoy epsecially. But Paul Fanaika seemed to be doing everything right. And Dalls Reynolds seemed to be doing pretty well.

I saw a couple people there, Sal Paolantonio and Dave Spadaro, but no Drew Rosenhaus, haha.

Edit: Also, adding something... I was talking to one of the staff members, he said he saw Jim Johnson around, so having him around has got to be nice for him, the coachesn and the players. This guy also said that the team cut and then re-signed King Dunlap, I looked into it on the team site, didn't see anything about it, maybe it was one of those things to get him in the right mind set or something... not quite sure, if it is true that is... But there woudl be some sort of notation of that on the team site, so I'm unsure if he just heard wrong or something.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 07-28-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you have any news on how Winston Justice and his move to RT? Did you see any of my boy Chris Clemons?
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Do you have any news on how Winston Justice and his move to RT? Did you see any of my boy Chris Clemons?
I didn't see either there, I don't think they had to report yet...

There are only 2 D-Linemen in camp, Josh Gains and Jervonte Jackson, so I haven't been able to follow them much yet.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Also, should mention, Curtis looked real good, solid, I didn't mention him much but I feel he should be mentioned. Also, the punter, Parrish, was really booming some kicks. I couldn't see how far they were going due to my angle, but you could hear his contact with the ball from about 200 yards away.

Also, added incentive to get guys there, some of the girls that "patrol" the area are pretty decent looking, so give it a shot, plus the girls that come to watch...lol.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Just looked at the team site, Ingram is listed at 6'4, and is real lean. He has room to fill out his frame for sure. But he can be a real red zone threat...

Old 07-28-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ahhaha nice stuff man.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watch the Eagles live stuff and the receivers look as if they're seriously owning the secondary, I've heard nothing but good things about the receivers and I've heard that Gibson and Curtis are doing great. And the defense can't even stop the UDFA rookies and practice squad guys.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I watch the Eagles live stuff and the receivers look as if they're seriously owning the secondary, I've heard nothing but good things about the receivers and I've heard that Gibson and Curtis are doing great. And the defense can't even stop the UDFA rookies and practice squad guys.
Keep in mind that the defenders have Ingram, McCoy, Shady, Curtis, and others to go against. These skeletons are designed more for the offense anyway, so it isn't too big of a deal...

Old 07-28-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, i don't think this is the starting secondary. I think it just PS guys.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Well I know not to trust that staff member, he had said Johnson was at camp today. I really find it hard to believe. RIP Jim Johnson, you will be greatly missed...

Old 07-28-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Well, I am in a crappy mood right now, but here is my synopsis of this afternoon's practice.

Well, I thought I would be up for a nice break form the hot sun, as on the drive over, the area where the field is was nice and cloudy. Well literally half a mile from the complex, it went from sunny, to a downpour. I wasn't worried about practice being moved indoors because I knew it'd only last a while, but holy crap did it make it humid, and the sun would come out, unshielded for the rest of the practice. I would once again start out with the O-linemen, and King Dunlap was really impressing in the drills, which were focused on footwork and hand placement. Castillo even said to him, "What you are doing is perfect". You could hear Juan Castillo barking out, "your inside leg on their outside leg", throughout the drill, and vice versa when they switched it up. On MJG's turn, he dropped his head too low, and I could hear Castillo telling him to drop his neck. I've never hear that one before, lol. But with these drills being for run blocking, I kept an extra close eye on Stacey Andrews, and he was the most impressive on the bunch. Later on, as the group was doing a drill where the Linemen drops back, and punches two "rushers" (going half speed, this makes sure footwork is taught, the tempo here will pick up as the TC progresses) as they head toward him. Tupuo woudl hit Dunlap's bag with his punches, , apprently Dunlap wasn't expecting it, but Tupuo hit ittough enough that Dunlap's bag came back and hit him right in his facemask, and MJG said "You gotta watch yourself" to Dunlap, and a couple of the other linemen were laughing. Later in the drills, one fo the linemen sadi something to MJG, and he said something about Union workers, and the entire drill got a laugh out of that. The unit would then practice some ways to neutralize bull rushes, and Tupuo was doing a good job as well as Paul Fanaika.

Donovan came out and was joking even more than usual today. He is always getting laughs from the fans, but today he had quick little quips and just his reactions to certain things going on at the beginning of practice had a bunch of people laughing or cheering.

Well guys, unfortunately Cornelius Ingram isn't perfect, I saw him drop a pass today, as well as miss a potential TD catch in the skeleton drill due to tripping. Shame on him, lol. He was still exceptionally consistent however, as he had two drops the entire practice (not counting the skelton play) that I saw, and I saw at least 30 passes in his direction, whether it be in TE drills or against defenders.

Ingram and McCoy would impress again today, though I was more impressed with their performances this morning. Eldra Bukcly really had problems receiving the ball this afternoon, and this further hurts his chances of sticking with the team. Marcus Malei, who had looked pretty good in the morning, though not spectacular, dropped a sure fire TD catch in the skeleton drills, as he was completely uncovered by the defense. Shady woudl see a lto fo receptions in the drill, and almost every time, you'd hear Donovan say, "Bring that back McCoy". I noticed how Donovan's voice carries. He doesn't even raise his voice, but he can be heard from very far away. Many times, you'll hear him before you see him, and that is hard to think, considering he is wearing a big red jersey.

This parctice seemed short, as it didn't even last an hour and a half, and the team left the field without having any players go around talking to fans, and the final gathering of the players was quiet. I would findout the reason after I got home...

By now many of you know that Jim Johnson has passed. Their was a mother and daughter, who I had talked to during the morning practice, that came to the afternoon practice with a sign that read "Get Well Jim Johnson". That sign almost seems painfully ironic now that I know he was probably gone while the woman and her daughter wer holdign that sign. (Honestly guys, this is getting pretty tough...) ...The practice started with a happy-go-lucky attitude, but by the end (Comcast reported Andy had a phone brought to him during the practice delivering the news, I didn't see it happen, didn't see him for a while at one point) the mood had switched, and now I know why.

Goodbye Jim Johnson, rest in peace, and lets get the chamopionship you deserved to win here in Philly...

Old 07-28-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Listening to the press conference, hearing the one reporter ask if there will be a commemorative patch made me visualize it in my mind, and seeing "JJ" on a patch on the team is real tough for me. Brought tears to my eyes...

Old 07-28-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Listening to the press conference, hearing the one reporter ask if there will be a commemorative patch made me visualize it in my mind, and seeing "JJ" on a patch on the team is real tough for me. Brought tears to my eyes...
I hope Dawkins wears one up in Denver. It would make me upset if he didnt.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
I hope Dawkins wears one up in Denver. It would make me upset if he didnt.
I'm sure if tis up to him, he will, but I'm not sure if it would be his decision. I can't see why anyone would have a problem with it though...

Old 07-29-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

This morning's practice was held under weather perfectly fitting for the situation the team is in since last evening, as the clouds covered the sky the entire time, with the heat and humidity still oppressive, despite the temperature being only about 75. The mood was different than it was yesterday afternoon, but it was pretty much a normal day.

Watching the linemen, MJG wasn't out today, and I'm unsure the reason for him not being there, hopefully it has nothing to do with his injury. Donovan was absent again this morning, and I don't know why he was gone yet either.

The linemen were once again doing drills that involved pulling, this time working more with the space around them and perfecting "dive blocks". Once again, Paul Fanaika and King Dunlap looked good, and were getting lots of praise from Juan Castillo. Stacey Andrews looked good in the drill as well while pulling, but Castillo was talking to something about his approach to the blocking dummy. You can always tell when Castillo sees something he doesn't like, as you'll hear him saying, "Whoa", and you'll always knwo when he likes something one of the linemne has done as well. Fenuki Tupuo was real high throughout this drill, and it was something Castillo was talking with him throughout. They then moved on to some pass blocking, and Castillo was drving home the point about using your hips and upper legs to get that initial power to neutralize the defender. Most of the linemen looked real good throughout.

There were some 7 on 7s, and Once again, McCoy was looking good when he was in. Same goes for Ingram, I think this will be a common occurance until the rest of the vets are here... Macho Harris also had a nice INT, and had a shot to make LeSean McCoy look silly, as he cut out then in, making McCoy do what he is used to doing to defenders. He must have been trying to make up for earlier in practice, while I was watching the linemen, one of the secondary coaches yelled at him, telling him to pay attention and get his chin strap in. A few plays later, McCoy would return the favor to Harris though, and spun right away from Harris after receiving it in the flat, causing the crowd to applaud. Every Amendola catch was applauded, and every Amendola catch was an easy one... He even gets applauded when he drops ball. Is it bad that I already hate Amendola for that pure fact alone?

Both Buckley and Malei did a better job of catching the ball this morning in their drills and "against air", as well as in the skeletons, which is great for them if they do somehow make the team. i wouldn't count on it though.

Marcus Thigpen also had trouble catching the ball, but Brandon Robinson looked pretty good out there, as well as McBride. I didn't see Brandon Gibson out there either, come to think of it, I wonder why he wasn't out there... I think Mike Gibson was also missing from the OL group.

I watched D-linemen Jervante Jackson and Josh Gain in fumble recovery drills. It was ugly, neither coudl get a truly good grasp on the ball, and a lot of them would defintiely have been recovered by someone else if it was a game situation. I also noticed that Charleston Hughes seems to have great , even natural, hands for a LB.

As a whole, in the offense-defense matchups throughout practice, I did notice a better level of play from the defense, with a lot more incompletions than yesterday.

This was the shortest of the practices I've been to so far, lasting about an hour and 15 minutes.

Also, one thing to mention... I had a bad feeling yesterday as I was walking in to the afternoon practice, so much so that I thought that maybe one of the players was going to get hurt, one of those "expecting something bad" feelings. I just find it wierd that I had that feeling when everything with Jim Johnson was happening.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am amazed at Cornelius Ingram, he makes incredible catches. He uses his size and speed and the man can jump. If he keeps this torrid pace up, Ingram will be starting soon enough. Granted the pads aren't out yet but he is just soo impressive right now. I can't wait to see him this season split out wide, lined up as the TE and playing the H-Back role. He will be a good one.

Also I've heard Macho Harris is playing well, but he is not up to speed. He missed some OTA's with injury and fell behind and I read that he got yelled at for not being prepared for a play and not having his chinstrap on (meaning he wasn't paying attention and was zoning out).

I haven't heard anything about Jack Ikewuonu, any news on him? I expect big things from him.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Todays practices are closed to the public, but they will be open later and Eagles Live will be on at 6 so hopefully they'll have some footage.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Todays practices are closed to the public, but they will be open later and Eagles Live will be on at 6 so hopefully they'll have some footage.
YAY Spadaro

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Let it be known that I do not watch for Spadaro's talk show skills, I watch for the the practice clips...
Old 07-30-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Let it be known that I do not watch for Spadaro's talk show skills, I watch for the the practice clips...
I love the people who call in and just say dumb stuff like after Dave says there is no new news on Jmac's contract people ask how hes doing in camp. It always puts a smile on my face.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I am amazed at Cornelius Ingram, he makes incredible catches. He uses his size and speed and the man can jump. If he keeps this torrid pace up, Ingram will be starting soon enough. Granted the pads aren't out yet but he is just soo impressive right now. I can't wait to see him this season split out wide, lined up as the TE and playing the H-Back role. He will be a good one.

Also I've heard Macho Harris is playing well, but he is not up to speed. He missed some OTA's with injury and fell behind and I read that he got yelled at for not being prepared for a play and not having his chinstrap on (meaning he wasn't paying attention and was zoning out).

I haven't heard anything about Jack Ikewuonu, any news on him? I expect big things from him.
Ingram and McCoy are the unquestioned start so far. Boith have done everything right. they are making plays, looking good, and most importantly, understanding what they should be doing. Harris has looked good so far, and if there is a 3rd star so far in TC, it might be him, though Charleston hughes has looked good.

Ike has been doing a pretty good job so far. He hasn't been making too many picks, that get notoriety, but he is covering well and is breaking up some passes.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Bingo... you guys participate in the chats too?

Old 07-30-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

No I do not.

Also I read todays practice blog:
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/bloghead/

Some things that stood out:
The amount of injuries, Asante Samuel, Jason Peters, Macho Harris, Brian Westbrook and Trevor Laws were all out with injuries.

Also the starting offensive line in the absence of Jason Peters was:
LT: Herramens LG: Cole C: Jackson RG: WINSTON JUSTICE (WTF?) RT: Shawn Andrews

Where is Stacy? He was not listed as injured and he has supposedly looked very good so why in the hell is Winston Justice at RG over him?

Also the second team defensive line looks really funky: Darren Howard at weakside DE, Dan Klecko playing NT, Jervonte Jackson at UT and Chris Clemons at strong side DE.

That IMO should be flipped. Howard is a big and strong guy who can easily play LE, Klecko doesn't even weigh 280 pounds and he is the NT over Jervonte Jackson who was listed at 350 pounds in college? Not to mention Klecko is much better suited for UT duties and Clemons is a RE through and through.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

It seems I have misread the blog.

It is Stacy Andrews starting at RG and Winston Justice starting at RT and they just said that Shawn Andrews has yet to be seen on the practice field. Well at least we've been through this before...

Also Tank Daniels is supposedly looking good.