Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well this sucks:
Quote:
4:45 PM - Andy Reid just gave quick injury word on the guys missing from practice. Six players will be placed on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list: Brian Westbrook, Victor Abiamiri, Shawn Andrews who's back tightened up on him after the running this morning, Trevor Laws who has a hamstring issue, Jason Peters who has a quad spam, and Asante Samuel who has a hamstring spasm (BW)
4:56 PM - Two more injury notes from the Andy Reid press conference. Macho Harris has a slight high ankle sprain that he suffered on the last play of yesterday's practice and Byron Parker has slight hamstring problem. (BW)
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That no biggie, its just saying they can't practice... But with all the injuries being minor, there is no real big thing to be worried about right now. Macho Harris' high ankle sprain is the most serious one, and he'll probably even be back in time for TC. Nothing to be worried about in terms of injuries.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
No I do not.

Also I read todays practice blog:
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/bloghead/

Some things that stood out:
The amount of injuries, Asante Samuel, Jason Peters, Macho Harris, Brian Westbrook and Trevor Laws were all out with injuries.

Also the starting offensive line in the absence of Jason Peters was:
LT: Herramens LG: Cole C: Jackson RG: WINSTON JUSTICE (WTF?) RT: Shawn Andrews

Where is Stacy? He was not listed as injured and he has supposedly looked very good so why in the hell is Winston Justice at RG over him?

Also the second team defensive line looks really funky: Darren Howard at weakside DE, Dan Klecko playing NT, Jervonte Jackson at UT and Chris Clemons at strong side DE.

That IMO should be flipped. Howard is a big and strong guy who can easily play LE, Klecko doesn't even weigh 280 pounds and he is the NT over Jervonte Jackson who was listed at 350 pounds in college? Not to mention Klecko is much better suited for UT duties and Clemons is a RE through and through
With how the defense is ran, RDT and LDT don't mean NT or UT, they literally mean Right and Left, lol. However, depending on who is in, you will see they line up in different spots. the LDT, depending on who is in, if its Bunk, will be more in a 0, 1, or 2 (usually 1) technique, and if it is Klecko, he'll be in a 3 or 4 (usually 3). But when Klecko is in, the other DT will usually be in that 1 technique, you know what I mean?

Old 07-30-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on Winston Justice?

I actually like the Chris Clemons at strongside DE for some reason.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Any word on Winston Justice?

I actually like the Chris Clemons at strongside DE for some reason.
Not him specifically, but the OL got beat up this morning, Trent Cole was ecverywhere. Clemons played LE last season in most of his snaps. Keep in mind that he is the strong side DE in passing situations, where "strong side" doesn't really matter as much, as his role is to just pin his ear back and fly to the ball. It may just be a matter of Howard being more comfortable pass rushing form the right and Clemons on the left, you know what I mean? If you haven't played the positions, most people don't even realize there is a difference, but for some guys, they just feel better with one of their shoulders outside rather than the other...

Old 07-31-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Well this morning was a doozy. Got there early, spoke with Akers again, and saw a lot of Philly's reporters.

The stars of the morning.... Brent Celek is in the running for the #1 star today. He came in in shape, last year he looked like he had a little bit of extra on his stomach, not fat, just loose in the core, but he REALLY looks fit. Caught just about everything thrown to him and simply made plays. Shady was prominent yet again, making plays with his hands and his legs, not much to say besides him really impressing yet again. DeSean as usual, blew up Lehigh, making two exceptional catches, one of which, Adam Caplan (?) said was the best he'd ever seen in TC, he extended his entire body and brought it in with his fingertips, the crowd went crazy. Trent Cole was everywhere, as I said before, raked in a few "sacks". Bunk played real well, got a few tackles, and all the starting LBs played well, especially when it got to full contact. Mikell played real well, and Demps had a pick and fumble recovery, just two plays in which he made. The OL, with both Tackles missing, was hurting, and as I said before, the DL as a whole took advantage of them. Bryan Smith had a "sack", but besides that, didn't do much worth noting.

Hank Baskett had a case of the dropsies today, where he had at least 6 drops, and those were only the ones I saw. Booker couldn't get a handle on the ball either, and had a lot of problems receiving it. There was kickoff today, but that seemed like nothing was worht mentioning, as not the usual personnell was in either unit. I mean Shady was in kickoff coverage, that should tell you it all...

My personal favorite part of the day, besides the actual hitting, was the one-on-one WR/CB drills. DeSean abused every CB in thsi rep, in one instance knocking Hanson (IIRC) right on his ass after getting him off balance. DeSean has really learned how to beat the jam, I was real impressed with what he did in that regard. Curtis got injured before this drive, with a thigh contusion, but it isn't serious, and he should be OK relatively soon. Reggie did alright in the drill. Avant looked real good, ran nice routes and caught the ball well. Gibson did a great job in this drill as well, though he was lined up on the lesser CBs in most instances. Amendola did OK, though he really needs to work on his routes, they are ugly. Frickin Pinkston is telling him how to do better, lol. Brandon Robinson is having a nice camp. It is a shame, as he has arguably been the most impressive WR of the fringe guys, and he will most likely not make the roster, but I like him a lot. McBride is doing what he does in camp. Doing well, but nothing more.

Sheldon wasn't really heard from in this drill. Why? Because he was doing what he does, shut down his man. Hobbs really struggled against all the WRs, right now, I'd say if he keeps this up, he may be the dime, or even 5th CB. Hanson did real well, except for the one play against DeSean, covered well and didn't allow many catches. Ike looked real good, better than Hobbs. Ike is a little like Sheldon in that you won't hear about him, but its because he is on his man, not allowing him to make plays. Trae Williams had good and bad moments.

Demps and Mikell spend a lot of time talking together, and I like that these two are so close all the time, great chemistry. Sean Jones hasn't done much of anything yet, so take that for what its worth. Rashad Baker has had some good moments, but for the msot part, he goes unseen.

Westbrook was out on the sidelines today, and a lot of the fans were bugging him for pictures, but he was ignoring them. Why you ask? He was watching Shady. Any time Shady would come to the sideline, Westy would walk over, and I assume, ask him why he did certain things, and what to do in certain situations. These two are spending a lot of time with eachother as well. If Shady is able to absorb this from Westy, he can be dangerous, as he won't just be an athlete out there, but he'll have the smarts too.

Random notes...

Todd Herremans is awesome. One an off-sides, he screamed "HA HA" a la Nelson from the Simpsons.

Erin Andrews is a contagious attraction. A 40-something guy I was talking to asked me if I saw it. (unfortunately I haven't). But he couldn't stop talking about it, and I couldn't help but laugh inside.

Akers missed a 48 yarder today... Just sayin...

Bunk is the man... After practicem, everyone was hollering for Donovan and DeSean, getting pretty much no reaction. I just figured, WTF, I'll be different, and Bunk is the man, so I'll give it a shot. I gave a big holler to Bunk, and he just pointed back and gave a big smile.

Kyle Eckel is a cool dude. He came right over to a family with two little girls and handed each one a glove, and talked to the father and grandfather. The father had been in Iraq, and they were talking for a little bit.

I went back for the afternoon practice real early. So early that the team site was still doing Training Camp Live, and none of the players were out yet. So I figured I'd watch it for a bit, until the players came out and did their thing. But I ended up beign on the program. I was drinking a Mountain Dew, when I hear Spadaro say, "Don't be shy, wave to the camera". I didn't even realize they were in me and a few other people, so I waved. But then he said, on the show that he just wanted to let everyone know it wasn't beer and that is was "another great pepsi product"... (Apparently Pepsi is a major sponsor). So if there was a short stocky guy, wearing an Eagles shirt in sunglasses drinking a Dew when you were watching, its me, and that is my 10 seconds of internet fame...

The afternoon practice would be moved indoors due to some big time rain that came in, and I got drenched, but I guess it was worth it, lol. Will be back with more tomorrow...

Old 07-31-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha I wish I could be there and it should be noted that Quintin Demps was the one who injured Curtis (Demps seems to be developing a mean streak I mean look at what he did to Kurt Warner lol)

Also you mentioned that Westbrook and Shady are close, you're right they're so close that Shady is living with Westbrook.
http://delcotimes.com/articles/2009/...f841514303.txt

McCoy just seems like he is going to be great one day.

Also I can't wait to see Jackson this season.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Haha I wish I could be there and it should be noted that Quintin Demps was the one who injured Curtis (Demps seems to be developing a mean streak I mean look at what he did to Kurt Warner lol)

Also you mentioned that Westbrook and Shady are close, you're right they're so close that Shady is living with Westbrook.
http://delcotimes.com/articles/2009/...f841514303.txt

McCoy just seems like he is going to be great one day.

Also I can't wait to see Jackson this season.
Smart decision by the team to put them together, they really seem close, almost like an older brother talking things over with a younger brother, in fact. They share the dorms though, a lot different than living together, haha. At first I thought it was about Shady actually living with Westbrook, and I've never heard of that before, lol.

I hinted at it in my writeup, but I don't think Demps should jsut be labelled as a playmaker anymore. Sure he still is a playmaker, but he is doing a much better job in run support, while still maintaining his playmaking abilities against the pass. Him and Mikell are real close as well (so close that Mikell was the one who told Demps about Johnson's passing), and I wonder if he has been picking things up from him.

Jackson is looking great, as always. If it is possible, it looks like he got quicker, and a lot more comfortable. I can't wait to see him in game action, he is going to make CBs look silly all season.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/mu...99&play_clip=y

There's no time listed on it, but if you put the time indicator above the "a" in Part, which is below the time bar, you can see me, I'm the guy with the Mountain Dew, lol, if you're real interested in seeing what I look like, lol.

(You shouldn't be interested in what I look like)

Edit, nevermind, it won't link to the second video, but if you click on the video on the right that says Training Camp Live Archive: July 31, part 2 and do that thing with the time, you'll find me... with the Dew.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 07-31-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Well, this morning was a pretty good practice, I focused mostly on the defense and the runnign drills, as I had paid attention to the receiver drills yesterday.

McCoy and Weaver were the stars from my perspective throughout the day, and especially in the running drills. A lot of it was until first contact, not full on tackling, but Weaver can realoly hammer people and he can also run the ball. Weaver is the only person who I've seen shut up Omar Gaither in the past two years, and Gaither will talk when no one is listening... Eldra Buckley had a good day again, but he is going up against mostly 3rd string defense.

During full contact, both first team units shined through, as both were lined up against the respective #2 units. DeSean had two TDs, as well as some great runs by McCoy, and Weaver had some nice runs as well, highlighted by a monster gallup. I loved his signing, and am loving it more and more by the second. He lead blocks well, and in a pass protection drill, he was damn near perfect in every aspect. Never got beat, or even close to being beat for that matter. (This is where he shut up Gaither).

In the pass protection drill, both Shady and Ingram performed MUCH better than I expected. Shady flat out beat up Quentin Mikell on his first rep, but Mikell came back and beat him the second try after a great move. Shady won the other battles. Ingram was impressive, with hsi height, and relatively narrow frame, and his reputation as a receiver, I wasn't wuite sure whetehr or not to believe the reports that he was a better blocker than advertised. Well he is, he won most of his battles, and recovered well. He continues to impress. Celek got stronger since last season. He had to have done so. He also won most of his battles. Booker failed horribly at pass pro, no surprise, and Buckley was alright.

I had a moment where I nearly threw a fellow Eagles fan off the stands today, I really wanted to. He sat down in a Dawkins Bronco jersey, no big deal right? On the back, he had tape over it and it said "Traitor". I asked him about it, he said if Dawk would've wanted to be an Eagle he would've came back no matter what, and then (and this is what made me flip the **** out) he said that he wishes that Dawk breaks his neck n the first preseason game... Myself and about 4 other people couldn't believe he just said that. I said, "Excuse me?" and he repeated his wish... I proceeded to go on a relatively quiet tirade, bitching at this grown man, asking him if he truly is an
Eagle fan, and why the **** he'd want something like that to happen to one of, if not the greatest Eagels of all time, and told him he doesn't deserve to be here, and should leave. He wouldn't leave, as I figured, but didn't say a word the entire time, and the people behind me were giving him **** about it too..

Eugene Bright will not make this team, I had high hopes for him to win the 3rd TE spot, but he won't, you can tell by watching him. He has inconstistent hands and needs to work a ton on his blocking. He may stick around on the PS in hopes of developing him, as he is very raw, but that is it...

Old 08-01-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I had a moment where I nearly threw a fellow Eagles fan off the stands today, I really wanted to. He sat down in a Dawkins Bronco jersey, no big deal right? On the back, he had tape over it and it said "Traitor". I asked him about it, he said if Dawk would've wanted to be an Eagle he would've came back no matter what, and then (and this is what made me flip the **** out) he said that he wishes that Dawk breaks his neck n the first preseason game... Myself and about 4 other people couldn't believe he just said that. I said, "Excuse me?" and he repeated his wish... I proceeded to go on a relatively quiet tirade, bitching at this grown man, asking him if he truly is an
Eagle fan, and why the **** he'd want something like that to happen to one of, if not the greatest Eagels of all time, and told him he doesn't deserve to be here, and should leave. He wouldn't leave, as I figured, but didn't say a word the entire time, and the people behind me were giving him **** about it too..
This guy is clearly not an eagles fan.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/mu...99&play_clip=y

There's no time listed on it, but if you put the time indicator above the "a" in Part, which is below the time bar, you can see me, I'm the guy with the Mountain Dew, lol, if you're real interested in seeing what I look like, lol.

(You shouldn't be interested in what I look like)

Edit, nevermind, it won't link to the second video, but if you click on the video on the right that says Training Camp Live Archive: July 31, part 2 and do that thing with the time, you'll find me... with the Dew.
OMG Dave Spadaro acknowledged your existence you are one lucky guy.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
OMG Dave Spadaro acknowledged your existence you are one lucky guy.
What can I say, I have that effect on people... Thats right, the effect that they acknowledge my existence... lol.

I will say one thing, he may seem like a raging homer in his publications and on camera, but he tells it to people point blank in person

Old 08-01-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
This guy is clearly not an eagles fan.
You have no idea how livid this made me, if it wouldn't have been a public place, I would have beat him down, lol.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

This afternoon was a completely different experience than the morning, my company was much better... More on that later.

LeSean McCoy is the real deal. I know its early in camp, but it is obvious, and plays like his leaping jump to snare a high McNabb pass just show it. He jumped at least 3 feet clean off the ground to haul this thing down. I'm not going to tred over things already said in this thread, but all he does is impress, he simply makes plays everywhere, and is impressing in all facets of his game, yes, even blocking! Can't wait till he gets more mature.

Cornelius Ingram had his second real drop of training camp in live action, during 7-on-7s. But as a whole he catches the ball real well, and, is a better blocker from the looks of it than previously anticipated.

Weaver isn't human, this I am sure of. He is shaped like a brick, but holy crap is he athletic, even moreso than I had thought, and I had high expectations when he was signed. He is pulling off some good catches too, and does damage after the reception, I'm contemplating buying his jersey...lol.

Brent Celek has heard about Ingram's camp, and is answering back. And then some. Except for DeSean, he may be the most impressive player arriving with the veterans, and honestly, despite Ingram's incredible camp, Celek is matching and possibly exceeding it. We have two great TEs on this team gentlemen, and boy will it be fun to watch.

Though I am preferring the team keep Eckel as the thrid RB, I am beginning to think that will be unlikely. He doesn't pass block well, and Eldra Buckley is outperforming him running the ball. Eckel is at the disadvantage as he is seeing most of his time in the FB position though. Buckley is also blocking better than him so far, and this may be where he is truly separating himself. Buckley isn't all that big, but definitely runs with power. He isn't a power back, but has power in his game. he is a little like Correl Buckhalter, but his hands aren't as good as Bucky's.

Stewart Bradley has been real impressive so far, raking in tackles this morning, and "tackles" (plays go till contact) this afternoon, as well as breaking up passes, and this afternoon, getting a pick.

Not much has been heard from Joe Mays. The "Headbuster" has been relatively quiet to date. Granted there has only been two practices with full contact, but this time last year he had already made his impact by the second day of rookie camp.

Sheldon Brown is Sheldon Brown. He is shutting people down. Joselio Hanson had a nice afternoon. He was doinf well in coverage, and had a pick off of a pass intedend for Reggie Brown.

So, I'm sitting watching some one-on-ones, and two very good looking women come over, ask me if I could move over a bit and make some. Sure no big deal, there's plenty of room. A little while later, two girls who were their friends show up and sit down beside them. Why am I mentioning this...? Well, when the play above happened, the woman next to me stood up and started screaming and cheering for him. After she was done, she said, "I'm sure he's thinking to himself, Meagan, just shut up." So immediately, I assumed she knew him, looked over, they had sticker that are for player and coaches family members, as well as the other three women. I asked how they were related, and Meagan said that she was his girlfriend. so I did the only thing I could think of and said to tell him I said good luck this season and that I've heard he really cares about young kids in need, and he should be real respected. She got all bashful and said thank you and all that stuff, and we really didn't talk much after that. Throughout the rest of the practice, I was listening to their conversations since they were right next to me. She had talked about how Buckhalter went to Colorado (lol) and that Joselio and Trae Williams must be real good friends, as they were watching him closely as well. There was a mysterious apple incident, and two of her friends were interested in Danny Amendola, if he was single. Lots of girl talk, but theres a little extra side story for you all.

Pretty much a typical day, no injuries that I noticed. But I did notice Demps had a wrap around his lower leg, which I assume was from his collision with Curtis yesterday. He didn't miss any time yesterday or today, so he toughed it out. I am liking Demps more and more every time I see him as well.

Curtis was back, looks like he'll be back for good unless he takes a good shot at his contusion again, or injures something else (I hope not).

Excuse me if I'm not talking much about DeSean, but I've come to expect his performances in training camp. Its sad but true. Shady is becoming the same way. I was thinking to myself that Shady is impressing like DeSean did last year, both did/ do almost everything right.

We apparently signed a DT from St Louis's Practice Squad form last year, Willy Williams, and he is 6'4" 305. Just a camp body, but as soon as Maclin signs, we will have to release one of the guys at camp. Expect a WR or OL, maybe even a CB to be that casualty. Heard this before the practice started from Dave Spadaro, and a guy who was next to me asked him if he was a Pro-Bowler. Dave sarcastically said yes, but apparently it flew right over this guys head, because a little later he asked if the guy was going to start. He just answered that right now all he is gonna come in and do is play. There are a lot of real dumb Eagles fans, unfortunately, and there is some guy out there beleiving that Willy Williams will have a pro-bowl type season for us, when he won't even make the roster, which Dave said after the guy have left.

The EATW Sunburn Watch: My neck feels warm and my arms are getting dark. I may need to start putting sunscreen on if I don't want to get sun poisoning, lol.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EATW you must meet Kendra Wilkinson and take lots of pictures.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
EATW you must meet Kendra Wilkinson and take lots of pictures.
She's staying at home I believe, but believe me, if I see her, I will take pictures, and I will do whatever it takes to post them...

Hank hasn't done too well the last few days, he needs to step up to solidify himself, though I truly don't think his roster spot is in danger...

Old 08-03-2009, 06:28 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Yesterdays morning practice was moved indoors and I couldn't go. Flight night caused there to be no afternoon practice, and I am working today, for at least the morning, but I should be able to go this afternoon, so I'll give some updates on that then...

Old 08-03-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have you watched the oline at all?

Jason Peters being the probowler or 11.5 sack guy?
Old 08-03-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Have you watched the oline at all?

Jason Peters being the probowler or 11.5 sack guy?
My only opportunity to see him was this afternoon, and there were no full contact drills. (They only have full contact in the morning practices, and there wasn't a morning practice today.) I will definitely be keeping a close eye on him throughout camp. First impression though...

That mother****** is huge! Last year I thought King Dunlap was big (moreso tall than big). I thought MJG and Nick Cole were big, and they are. Then this year I saw Stacey Andrews and was like, "WTF, this guy is a monster!" And then I saw Peters today and holy christ is he big. Not as tall as Dunlap, and not as big around as either MJG or Cole, but just all around B I G. HE is shaped like a brick, if you stood it up on one of the ends, so is Stacey Andrews, as well as Leonard Weaver.

To answer if I watch the OL...I watch the O-line every day, they are the first unit that is out, and last unit to leave on a lot of days, and they do a lot of their drills right at the entrance, so I see a lot of them. Juan Castillo truly is the best OL coach in the biz. He could make some fatass in the stands like myself a practice squad guy, lol. Slight exaggeration, but you get my idea.

Seriously guys, any questions or things you want info on, tell me and I'll do waht I can to answer them.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 08-03-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Well today's afternoon practice was shorter than the previous afternoon practices. Good news was that Jason Peters and Asante Samuel were practicing. I saw Jervonte Jackson limping around a lot though, so I'm wondering if he was cramping or something, because he was practicing the whole day... Whatever it was, it wasn't too serious by the looks of it.

Another day, another great practice for Shady. I'm not sure if I said it before, but this is basically what DeSean was like last year, only at WR... Its getting to the point where you expect great things from him, much like DeSean. If your expectations aren't high for this guy, I suggest changing your tune, and if you don't, you will the first time you actually get a chance to watch him play for real. I'm not one for talking players up that haven't played a down, but Shady is the real deal people... He knows exactly what he is doing every play it seems, he had one mistake where he timed the snap poorly when he was put in motion out wide to the left, and had a false start as a result, but came back the next play and executed to perfection. As said as that may seem, that is the biggest mistake I've seen him have mentally, and he fixed it right away.

Sean Jones finally made an impression on me, and it was a good one, he had at least two INTs in a day where Kolb and Feeley combined for 8 of them, I'm not sure if they were defensive oriented drills though, so take the 8 INTs like it is a grain of salt... Kolb only threw two of them by the way. He hasn't really looked good or bad to me yet. Donovan was clean this practice in terms of INTs, but the DL, especially the DEs, came out in force again. Cole, Howard, Smith, Parker, Patterson, and Bunk all had would-be sacks. Let it be known that 3 of the 8 INTs were after these would-be sacks.

The offense seemed to be testing Mays, and I'd say he passed the challenge today. He broke up a pass, and if it were a game situation, would have been in position to make a play on a lot of other balls thrown his way. Charleston Hughes had a nice INT as well. It seems Gocong has taken lead of the LBs, which kind of seems odd considering he seems like a relatviley quiet guy. But he is the one leading the LBs to the drills this afternoon. Honestly, I expected Gaither woudl be the one stepping into that role, considerng his vocal nature. Gaither was in on passing downs, but I didn't really see much of him once the ball was snapped, which isn't a bad thing considering the type of practice it was.

Mikell and Demps are impressing me big-time. Demps especially since I expect it from Mikell. Demps gets an INT or pass break up every practice, it really is uncanny. Everyone talks about the loss of Dawk as a playmaker, we may have a playmaker in Demps, though in a slightly different breed. He always looks intense out on the field, even though its practice, I really like how he is working out there, and it is showing through. I can see why the coaches love him so much.

Asante broke up a pass with the back of his helmet, that was pretty much the extent of his action today... Sheldon continued his great camp, as did Jackson and Celek, and Ingram also made some plays, though i must say he seems to be diminishing a bit as the camp goes on due to the impact that Celek is having...

Its official, I have a man-crush on Leonard Weaver. That is all.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Sorry I haven't gotten any info up, but my internet has been acting screwey, really pissing me off. Yesterday Shady continued to impress in pass protection, and Maclin looked real nice out there, he has great hands, but as advertisedr, needs to work on his route running. Ingram sat out, but he was back today.

Today Shady continued his performances. There really isn't much more to say than to expect big things from him. He does everything and does it well, he lines up all over the formations, and shows great understanding of the playbook. Has had very very few mental mistakes, which is the most promising thing at this point. His athletecism is unquestioned, but his demeanor as a blocker is what is the most surprising and enjoyable for me. He tries to punish people in those drills, and I love that about him.

A few notes....

Don't expect OL Chirs Patirck to make the team, or even the PS, if he is eligible. He is easily the worst linemen, offense or defense, in camp.

King Dunlap has been looking good. Despite his height, he is able to get low enough to neutralize our pass rushers, and has had some good battles with Trent Cole, who may be having one of the best performances in the entire camp thus far.

Say what you want about Winston Justice over the past few years, but he is having a helluva camp. I was anticipating at least a battle for the backup RT roster position, but with how Tupou has played, don't expect anyone else but Justice there as the #2 RT this season, barring injury.

Eldra Buckley is beginning to look more attractive as the 3rd RB option to me, despite his inabilities as a blocker. (Though still better than Eckel and much better than Booker) He is a downhill runner that reminds me a little bit of Correl Buckhalter in his running style, though he isn't as good of a receiver as Bucky was for us...

Schoebel, despite being injured, is safe on the team. I had hopes Eugene Bright could come in and beat him for the #3 TE position and be a valuable blocker, but point blank, Bright sucks at blocking, he doesn't have enough speed or quickness to adjust to any moves. His hands aren't as good as they looked before the pads wnet on either...

Maclin has looked good the past two days, gets lot of help from the entire receiver group. Good hands, real good hands.

DeSean has been his usual self, he is a beast, and wuite possibly the smallest beast in the NFL.

The whole secondary has looked good. A lot of fans will confuse the drills where the defense basically allows the offense to make plays for the defense getting beat, but those are the ones who need their brains checked.

Cole and out DTs have looked great, actually the whole DL has looked great.

Mays is filling in admirably so far, and is doing just about what I expected once he was given reps with first team defense. Real good at stopping the run, and could improve his coverage, though he is always within a step of his man in coverage...

Gocong and Jordan have been playing real well.

Weaver is a man, that is all.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

I absolutely love our oline depth. Its great and gives me great confidence going into next season. Especially when Shawn Andrews cant stay on the field to save his life. Shawn is wearing down my patience extremely fast.

How has Kevin Kolb looked? I've heard some people say some promising things.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have faith in Winston Justice. Thought it was a mistake to pass on him on draft day. Good to hear he's trying to salvage his career.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I absolutely love our oline depth. Its great and gives me great confidence going into next season. Especially when Shawn Andrews cant stay on the field to save his life. Shawn is wearing down my patience extremely fast.

How has Kevin Kolb looked? I've heard some people say some promising things.
Kolb has been alright. He is going up against the #1 D most of the time with the #2 offense, and since a lot of the drills he participates in are designed to create opportunities for defenders, it looks like he is really sturggling to the fans that don't understand how the practices are set up. But when his is in drills where he is needed to succeed, he does pretty well. He still holds on to the ball a little to long for my liking, but there isn't much wrong with his actual throws. He is very accurate, and despite the ingorant fans thinking he can't throw past 30 yards, he has decent arm strength, and gets a nice tight spiral on most of his throws. He has good touch when needed as well, but he has had a few instances where you wonder why he made a certain decision. Overall it really is hard to say how he is doing since he doesn't get many true reps, but he isn't doing real well or real poorly. We will get a much better idea when the preseason games come around.