Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFL Network's Top Ten Snakebitten franchises of all time.

10. Buffalo Bills
9. Kansas City Chiefs
8. New York Jets
7. Detroit Lions
6. New Orleans Saints
5. Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans
4. Philadelphia Eagles
3. Cincinnati Bengals
2. Minnesota Vikings
1. Cleveland Browns

I really don't see how you can have a list like this and NOT have the Arizona Cardinals and Atlanta Falcons on there. Then again there are a few teams on here that have had a lot of successful seasons, but kept getting screwed whenever they got close...which is arguably just as bad as consistent losing seasons...I guess.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
10. Buffalo Bills
9. Kansas City Chiefs
8. New York Jets
7. Detroit Lions
6. New Orleans Saints
5. Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans
4. Philadelphia Eagles
3. Cincinnati Bengals
2. Minnesota Vikings
1. Cleveland Browns

I really don't see how you can have a list like this and NOT have the Arizona Cardinals and Atlanta Falcons on there. Then again there are a few teams on here that have had a lot of successful seasons, but kept getting screwed whenever they got close...which is arguably just as bad as consistent losing seasons...I guess.
The Vikings are the face of a get your hopes up and then crash and burn franchise
Old 07-31-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
The Vikings are the face of a get your hopes up and then crash and burn franchise
True. I think I'd still rather get close though. At least there would be some things relatively interesting to talk about in past seasons...instead of practically nothing like in Arizona or Cleveland.

Quote:
Old 07-31-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least Cleveland is the best at something. Makes me proud to wear that new Browns hat I just bought today.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hasn't it been like 30 some odd years since the Detroit Lions won a playoff game? How are they not higher on the list?
Old 07-31-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Hasn't it been like 30 some odd years since the Detroit Lions won a playoff game? How are they not higher on the list?
They won one against the Cowboys in 92.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
They won one against the Cowboys in 92.
Oh, my bad, they won one game in 91. That's the only one they've won in the past 50 years.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC should be higher.If we had any offense whatsoever in the early-mid 90's with the defense we had we could have had another SB or 2
Old 07-31-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is an interesting argument. I still think I would rather come close even being a Bills fan. It really, really hurts losing when you get so close, but then again, going into every year knowing you are going to be horrible is terrible. At least you can get some excitement going when you have a good team.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Orleans should be higher, I think, as well. I guess that period of having a great defense during the Dome Patrol where we won zero playoffs game really set us back as far as our suckitude (yes, I just made up that word).

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are the Titans/Oilers so high? I understand we don't have a superbowl, but number 5 all-time?
Old 07-31-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Browns were the "New York Yankees of the Pro Football" back in the day, went to 10 championship games in a row AAFC and NFL....now we're the doormat. I guess that wasn't a hard choice for NFLNetwork to make for #1. I kinda expect Buffalo to be higher though with their 4 straight super bowl losses.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Why are the Titans/Oilers so high? I understand we don't have a superbowl, but number 5 all-time?
They should be number 10 or not on the list. Atlanta and Arizona have been way more disappointing than Houston/Tennessee.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In 43 Falcon seasons, I believe there have been 10 winning seasons and 0 back to back winning seasons.

The other franchises are pretty cursed as well though.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:46 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has to be the Bengals honestly. We have taken one of the best franchises in league history down to the very definition of the wire TWICE. Not only that, but our first playoff appearance in 17 years was cut short on the very first throw by Carson Palmer which was a 60+ yard complete pass to Chris Henry.

Not only that really, couple that with Kenyon Martin being put out of the NCAA playoffs in basketball which ruined our chance at a title run. I would say we've been screwed hardcore in our last few championship-type appearances. IDK what we did but we have been screwed hardcore.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:52 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
In 43 Falcon seasons, I believe there have been 10 winning seasons and 0 back to back winning seasons.

The other franchises are pretty cursed as well though.
NFC South represent!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:16 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
They should be number 10 or not on the list. Atlanta and Arizona have been way more disappointing than Houston/Tennessee.
The Falcons aren't dissapointing, they are just awful. You can't be dissapointed if you never get anyone's hopes up.

They had one season where they made the Superbowl, and that was the year nobody expected them to do anything. To the best of my knowledge, they have never been favored to do anything at any time, even in the Michael Vick years.

Plus, the Falcons and Cardinals don't have a fan base. Sure they have fans now, but it wasn't that long ago neither team could sell out a game. It's hard to have a great sense of dissapointment when nobody expects you to do anything, and nobody even cares.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:22 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with most of the list. I always joked with my family I couldn't have picked a similar team in the Vikings to my families favorite team (Buffalo Bills). Both each have four Superbowl loses. Everything usually ends in a heartbreak with both teams.

Although the Vikings in the regular season have done pretty well. Since they 1961 they have only had 13 seasons below .500.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:29 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10. Buffalo Bills : Maybe s/b no. 1, only this team & the Vikes have blown 4 SBs. They most recently blew one to the Cowboys b/c some asshole stole Thurman Thomas' helmet on their sideline.
9. Kansas City Chiefs: Should not be here, they won SB 4 over heavily favored Minnesota.
8. New York Jets: About right ranking, they excel at fan disappointment. Last season they spent >$140M on FAs + Favre & he threw away game after game with turnovers. But they won SB 3 in 1969 with Joe Willie Namath's guaranteed victory as a 17-point underdog.
7. Detroit Lions: S/B No. 1 after Matt Millen-led crash & burn to 0-16.
6. New Orleans Saints: Some of the worst drafting in NFL history.
5. Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans: I take exception to them on this list, the Oilers were perennial AFL playoff contenders & won the 1960 championship. Titans were the hottest team in the league last season, hit the wall in the playoffs when dominated by Ravens defense.
4. Philadelphia Eagles: Not so bad recently, but really stank in the 60s-70s, worst fans in the NFL, Veterans Stadium was worst facility too in its time.
3. Cincinnati Bengals: ~ proper ranking, they're the Bungles for good reasons, more convicted felons & banned players than any other team.
2. Minnesota Vikings: They blew 4 SBs, end of story.
1. Cleveland Browns: One of the pillars of the NFL, they were awesome before 1960 when Jim Brown played there, it's been all downhill since. Blew the lead in Elways famous comeback in the '87 snowstorm.

Based on recent performances, the Raiders s/b here as the most mismanaged team in the NFL. Also the Rams, St. Louis flavor only, all things considered the LA Rams were pretty damn good.

Last edited by LizardState : 08-01-2009 at 10:44 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:41 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
5. Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans: I take exception to them on this list, the Oilers were perennial AFL playoff contenders & won the 1960 championship. Titans were the hottest team in the league last season, hit the wall in the playoffs when dominated by Ravens defense.
I wouldn't say dominated considering we had close to 400 yards of offence. Unless you mean the turnovers 3-0 for them, then yeah they dominated us in that regard.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:09 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
9. Kansas City Chiefs: Should not be here, they won SB 4 over heavily favored Minnesota.
and we have'nt won a playoff game since basically.we've had crappy kickers, QB's and defenses stop us from have at least 2 more SB's
Old 08-01-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is weird, it's the opposite of homerism in here. Then again, you can still be a homer of how much your team has sucked more than others.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank God for 1999!! Although, yeah, when we were in LA everything was pretty good as well. And we did make one other Super Bowl, but I don't like remembering that one. Vinatieri, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh, WATCH UR FACE ADAM!
Old 08-01-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
worst fans in the NFL
You misspelled "greatest".
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
10. Buffalo Bills : Maybe s/b no. 1, only this team & the Vikes have blown 4 SBs. They most recently blew one to the Cowboys b/c some asshole stole Thurman Thomas' helmet on their sideline.
8. New York Jets: About right ranking, they excel at fan disappointment. Last season they spent >$140M on FAs + Favre & he threw away game after game with turnovers. But they won SB 3 in 1969 with Joe Willie Namath's guaranteed victory as a 17-point underdog.
7. Detroit Lions: S/B No. 1 after Matt Millen-led crash & burn to 0-16.
6. New Orleans Saints: Some of the worst drafting in NFL history.
4. Philadelphia Eagles: Not so bad recently, but really stank in the 60s-70s, worst fans in the NFL, Veterans Stadium was worst facility too in its time.
3. Cincinnati Bengals: ~ proper ranking, they're the Bungles for good reasons, more convicted felons & banned players than any other team.
2. Minnesota Vikings: They blew 4 SBs, end of story.
1. Cleveland Browns: One of the pillars of the NFL, they were awesome before 1960 when Jim Brown played there, it's been all downhill since. Blew the lead in Elways famous comeback in the '87 snowstorm.

Based on recent performances, the Raiders s/b here as the most mismanaged team in the NFL. Also the Rams, St. Louis flavor only, all things considered the LA Rams were pretty damn good.
We didn't blow 4 Super Bowls. The only one we were favored in was the first one. The more snakebitten moments were the Drew Pearson missed PI hail mary game and the 98 NFC title game.