Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Houston Oilers deserved their spot on the list.

That Bum Phillips team got absolutely screwed in the playoff game against Pittsburgh. That call in the endzone was a crime, but with a history of officiating helping the Pittsburgh Steelers, who is really surprised?

But the biggest thing that earned the Oilers their spot was the early 90s. Some call those teams the biggest waste of talent in NFL history. Go back and look at the rosters they had... absolutely stacked, but they could not close the deal.

The Browns were an absolute lock at #1 and they did not even cover all the bad luck this team has had.

Nice to see both Ohio teams in the top 3
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Thank God for 1999!! Although, yeah, when we were in LA everything was pretty good as well. And we did make one other Super Bowl, but I don't like remembering that one. Vinatieri, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh, WATCH UR FACE ADAM!
The Rams have a title in every city they've been in except LA.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
The Rams have a title in every city they've been in except LA.
Wrong.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/top...hip_Game,_1951
Old 08-02-2009, 05:43 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
3. Cincinnati Bengals: ~ proper ranking, they're the Bungles for good reasons, more convicted felons & banned players than any other team.
This is honestly just irresponsible stupid ESPN-esque ******** that every real fan of the NFL should be able to smell from a mile away. I'm not debating our ranking or the fact that we have been called the Bungles for many years and that is with very good reason. But, if you honestly think that we are just the most punk ass team in history as far as players that have been convicted of certain crimes I think you have no business writing **** about anyone. Granted, we have had more than our fair share of convicted felons as recent as THREE YEARS ago, but at least have some depth of knowledge to understand there is this little thing called perspective. I mean, I think if you had the ability to process thoughts past whats on twitter you would realize such. But hey, whatever makes you feel better holmes.

EDIT: and it only makes it more ironic that an ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE fan is commenting on such a thing. PLEASE.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 08-02-2009 at 05:50 AM.
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
This is honestly just irresponsible stupid ESPN-esque ******** that every real fan of the NFL should be able to smell from a mile away. I'm not debating our ranking or the fact that we have been called the Bungles for many years and that is with very good reason. But, if you honestly think that we are just the most punk ass team in history as far as players that have been convicted of certain crimes I think you have no business writing **** about anyone. Granted, we have had more than our fair share of convicted felons as recent as THREE YEARS ago, but at least have some depth of knowledge to understand there is this little thing called perspective. I mean, I think if you had the ability to process thoughts past whats on twitter you would realize such. But hey, whatever makes you feel better holmes.

EDIT: and it only makes it more ironic that an ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE fan is commenting on such a thing. PLEASE.
Love it that you attack the poster instead of the post, so classy, those Cincy fans...... /sarcasm/ Can you show me another NFL team with more banned players than Cincy? No? Well then.

Since you mentioned the Tide, it is regrettable that your Bengals drafted Andre Smith 1st last April. That's b/c the Bengals are the new Raiders, the team where careers go to die, or I'll just use your words....just the most punk ass team in history as far as being convicted of certain crimes, hey if that shoe fits, wear it. Historically the Bengals have lost other SBs long before the issues of felons on the roster emerged, notably 2 of them lost to the 9ers.... is that enough depth for you?

And I don't use twitter, & don't call me holmes, Bengals homer apologist. I thought the Raiders homers were bad, but geez.... I usually sympathize with Bengals fans b/c it's not their fault Mike Brown has taken the team he inherited from his iconic father & ran it into the ground, but when they attack the critics, well, it's open season on homers.

Quote:
We (Edit: Buffalo) didn't blow 4 Super Bowls. The only one we were favored in was the first one.
There was that WIDE RIGHT thing with the Buffalo kicker on the FG attempt, at least they got into a position to win over the Giants in the late 4th qtr. in that 87 (?? I forget exactly) SB, so your point, djp, is valid. I especially enjoyed watching Cornelius Bennett grabbing Simms underneath the corner of his shoulderpad as he was going down from the blocking back hitting him low & Bennett flung Simms like a ragdoll as he released the pass & it went spiraling into nowhere, one of my fave SB memories, & involving an Alabama player too.

Quote:
That Bum Phillips team got absolutely screwed in the playoff game against Pittsburgh. That call in the endzone was a crime, but with a history of officiating helping the Pittsburgh Steelers, who is really surprised?
True, Phillips got screwed by the blue there, even worse was the treatment from Oilers owner Bud Adams who canned Phillips b/c he only got to the AFC Championship game with Earl Campbell at his peak as an NFL gamechanging superstar, the fact that the Raiders watered their field all night before & turned it into a mudbowl might have had something to do with that outcome..... /severe sarcasm/ . Adams trashed the team's reputation & used a negative PR campaign to falsely indicate a lack of fanbase in Houston so he could move the team to Nashville where Adams was going to pocket a ******** of $. That franchise move was so bad it made the B-more Colts moving to Indy at 3 AM look like a picnic at the beach.

Rant guaranteed to irritate Steelers fans: wonderbredd is exactly right there, no team has more enjoyed the benefits of preferential officiating lately than the Steelers.... just ask Ed Hochuli or the SD Bolts. And their last SB wins were just travesties, after all those penalties against Seattle in the Steelers win over the Seahawks the guy in the stands holding up the sign reading THE STEELERS 12th MAN WEARS A STRIPED SHIRT said it all. Those yellow flags falling all over Steeler SB opponents are giving new meaning to the term Terrible Towel.

Last edited by LizardState : 08-02-2009 at 02:23 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But the biggest thing that earned the Oilers their spot was the early 90s. Some call those teams the biggest waste of talent in NFL history. Go back and look at the rosters they had... absolutely stacked, but they could not close the deal.
Not even with a 32 point lead.

Still, if they earned #5 based on the early 90's, then Buffalo should be top 2 based on their early 90s.

Quote:
There was that WIDE RIGHT thing with the Buffalo kicker on the FG attempt, at least they got into a position to win over the Giants in the late 4th qtr. in that 87 (?? I forget exactly) SB, so your point, djp, is valid. I especially enjoyed watching Cornelius Bennett grabbing Simms underneath the corner of his shoulderpad as he was going down from the blocking back hitting him low & Bennett flung Simms like a ragdoll as he released the pass & it went spiraling into nowhere, one of my fave SB memories, & involving an Alabama player too.
He was talking about the Vikings. And Bills-Giants was the 90 season.
But nice CB memory.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Love it that you attack the poster instead of the post, so classy, those Cincy fans...... /sarcasm/ Can you show me another NFL team with more banned players than Cincy? No? Well then.

Since you mentioned the Tide, it is regrettable that your Bengals drafted Andre Smith 1st last April. That's b/c the Bengals are the new Raiders, the team where careers go to die, or I'll just use your words....just the most punk ass team in history as far as being convicted of certain crimes, hey if that shoe fits, wear it. Historically the Bengals have lost other SBs long before the issues of felons on the roster emerged, notably 2 of them lost to the 9ers.... is that enough depth for you?

And I don't use twitter, & don't call me holmes, Bengals homer apologist. I thought the Raiders homers were bad, but geez.... I usually sympathize with Bengals fans b/c it's not their fault Mike Brown has taken the team he inherited from his iconic father & ran it into the ground, but when they attack the critics, well, it's open season on homers.
About as classy as you lumping every Bengals fan into this because 1 guy shot you down.

Also, I can't remember a single Bengals player that's ever been banned in the history of the franchise.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm completely confused as to why Buffalo is all the way down at 10. I wouldn't have argued if they were #1. Losing 4 super bowls in a row is the definition of "snake bitten."
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha, so he responds by saying I have no class and am a 'bengals homer apologist'. The neg rep was a nice touch though, I'll give you that.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you Ladainian for getting us off that list.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Thank you Junior Seau for getting us off that list.
is that better?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
is that better?
Junior is hardly the only great player we've had, but yes any time I see his name it is better. He was around for the Crushing in the Super Bowl though so you could argue he had a part in some snakebiting. Ah, Say-Ow. First jersey I ever had. I'm going to go pet it...
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Junior is hardly the only great player we've had, but yes any time I see his name it is better. He was around for the Crushing in the Super Bowl though so you could argue he had a part in some snakebiting. Ah, Say-Ow. First jersey I ever had. I'm going to go pet it...
Speaking of Seau, there is a guy in the NRL here in Australia called Junior Sau. Not a fan of the NRL so it was a spin out when I heard what I thought was Junior Seau playing rugby league in Australia :P
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:36 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
KC should be higher.If we had any offense whatsoever in the early-mid 90's with the defense we had we could have had another SB or 2
Or a defense earlier in the decade.

Who has the most bitter fanbase of those 10?
Old 08-05-2009, 02:57 AM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This offense with the Dome Patrol=3 straight super bowls easy.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:48 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Speaking of Seau, there is a guy in the NRL here in Australia called Junior Sau. Not a fan of the NRL so it was a spin out when I heard what I thought was Junior Seau playing rugby league in Australia :P
I hate league.. I'm more a union fan. When they're not fighting, they're dirty tackling. Not my thing.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

RaiderFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Based on recent performances, the Raiders s/b here as the most mismanaged team in the NFL. Also the Rams, St. Louis flavor only, all things considered the LA Rams were pretty damn good.
WRONG

The Raiders still have maintained a top 5 winning percentage in the super bowl era. 17 division championships, tops in the AFC west by a WIDE margain, 5 super bowl apperances and 3 wins. Even though they have stunk lately the past is so great, historic and storied.
RaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Or a defense earlier in the decade.

Who has the most bitter fanbase of those 10?

that's true as well
Old 08-05-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderFan View Post
WRONG

The Raiders still have maintained a top 5 winning percentage in the super bowl era. 17 division championships, tops in the AFC west by a WIDE margain, 5 super bowl apperances and 3 wins. Even though they have stunk lately the past is so great, historic and storied.
He said recent performances. :/

So RIGHT.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are spoiled.

I would gladly take 4 blown super bowls over never being in one, and having 2 playoff wins in team history.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
You guys are spoiled.

I would gladly take 4 blown super bowls over never being in one, and having 2 playoff wins in team history.

I don't know, being led on and having your hopes up only to have them crushed time and time again is pretty awful.

If you expect your team to fail, is it really that hard to take when they do fail?
Old 08-05-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Browns were an absolute lock at #1 and they did not even cover all the bad luck this team has had.

yeah, having art modell move the team to freakin' baltimore seals the deal there - on top of all the other stuff.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at least all of your teams don't have to deal with another team in the same area.

all of us jets fans get so much **** from giants fans (especially the bandwagoners). i mean we don't even have our own stadium. 1 superbowl, albeit a great one
Old 08-05-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Way to base the entire history of a franchise on a year and a half span, freaking brilliant and in depth analysis by you. Very nice touch also to imply all Bengals fans are classless because one single fan doesn't agree with your opinion. Why aren't you jumping on the Jags? They've had much worse and frequent arrests than us in the past several years but ESPN doesn't beat their drum about that. Also how do the Bengals have 'more banned players' than any other team? We don't have any 'banned' players?

Back to relevancy... For the Bengals I'd like to point out the following for our 'Snakebitten' history....

1. We ran into the freaking 1980's 49ers and Joe Montana TWICE.

2. 3 minutes left in the Super Bowl with the lead, 92 yards left and Joe freaking Clutch Montana drives them the whole length of the field. Converts a 2nd and 17 to Jerry freaking Rice. Ugh.

3. KiJana Carter destroys his knees, he was... Well... Supposed to be good.

4. First winning season in forever, playing the Steelers who we actually beat in our last game with them first round of the playoffs at PBS. Our defense actually gets a quick stop, they punt... Carson Palmer throws a PERFECT direct strike to Chris Henry for 60 something yards and nearly a touchdown. Ope, ACL and MCL get destroyed. Henry was also hurt on the play. Jon Kitna does his usual play decent then bomb late in the game, screwed up a snap on a field goal attempt also.

5. Week 2 of 2006, our STUD and the KEY to our awesome offensive line Rich Braham (Center) destroys his knee and ends his career... Oh yeah, David Pollack also broke his neck ending his career after a whole 17 or so games. Two huge players for us done for in one freaking game.

6. Kenny Irons tears his ACL just making a cut (untouched) in his 1st or 2nd game ever here (in the preseason), effectively ending his career.

There's an abundance of others. The Browns should be first but I want to complain too.

EDIT: We also found about 12 different ways to lose games at the end of the 2006 season to keep us out of the playoffs. Not limited to a botched snap after Carson led a beautiful drive down the field at Denver. Ugh.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That makes me hurt just reading it...... try losing a superbowl by a yard (actually the game would have gone into overtime but still it hurts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote