Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-11-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepunch View Post
lets draft a wr just because 2 of them were hurt last year thats just stupid. if a good wr falls in the second round id be fine with it. be realistic we have shockey plax toomer and moss. we dont need a wr in the first 2 rounds. we have too many other holes.
I know you're like 13 years old, so i'm going to make this simple for you.

Plaxico Burress - Solid #1, but already 30 years old. Doesn't always run great routes, not overly reliable.

Amani Toomer - 33 years old and coming off a bad injury. We can't count on him anymore. If he gets injured agian and we don't have a solid backup, we will lose our passing game completely because teams will double Burress, Shockey.

Sinorice Moss - Injured his rookie season, but i'm sure he'll step up and be a great slot WR. Not #2 material quite yet.

David Tyree - Couldn't step up as our #2 last year, there is no reason we should think he'll miraculously do it this year. Specail teamer, nothing more.

Jennings - Saw absolutely no time last year, he's 28 years old, hasn't done anything in his entire career. He's not making our final roster.

I'm sure even you can follow that simple logic. We need a reliable WR that can do the little things and go over the middle. I propose
1. Meachem 1st
2. Bowe - trade down in first
3. Jarrett - trade down in first
4. Gonzalez - 2nd
5. Craig Davis - 2nd
6. Laurent Robinson - 3rd
7. Steve Smith - 3rd
8. Mike Walker - 4rth
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
I know you're like 13 years old, so i'm going to make this simple for you.

Plaxico Burress - Solid #1, but already 30 years old. Doesn't always run great routes, not overly reliable.

Amani Toomer - 33 years old and coming off a bad injury. We can't count on him anymore. If he gets injured agian and we don't have a solid backup, we will lose our passing game completely because teams will double Burress, Shockey.

Sinorice Moss - Injured his rookie season, but i'm sure he'll step up and be a great slot WR. Not #2 material quite yet.

David Tyree - Couldn't step up as our #2 last year, there is no reason we should think he'll miraculously do it this year. Specail teamer, nothing more.

Jennings - Saw absolutely no time last year, he's 28 years old, hasn't done anything in his entire career. He's not making our final roster.

I'm sure even you can follow that simple logic. We need a reliable WR that can do the little things and go over the middle. I propose
1. Meachem 1st
2. Bowe - trade down in first
3. Jarrett - trade down in first
4. Gonzalez - 2nd
5. Craig Davis - 2nd
6. Laurent Robinson - 3rd
7. Steve Smith - 3rd
8. Mike Walker - 4rth
actually im 24 and i played 4 years at the university of notre dame. we are not drafting a wr in the first round get that through your head. not unless cal johnson drops and pigs fly.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Slasher28
Rookie

Slasher28 needs more cowbell.

I like Steve Smith in the third, he's a possession WR with some speed

Sig thanks to the amazing jackalope
Slasher28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I Imagine that we are gonna draft a WR in round 2 if we don't sign someone. I would imagine that one of the elite WRs (Meachem, Jarrett, Bowe, Gonzalez, Ginn Jr., Hill, or Rice) is gonna fall down to our pick in the second round. Theres about 9 first round quality WRs in this draft, so they are gonna fall a bit.

You can tell that management thinks WR is a big need. One of the only guys who has interviewed with us is Kevin Curtis, a pretty big name/good WR.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wide Receiver is NOT an option in the first round. I wouldn't consider it an option in the second either, but I can live with it. I mean, think about it, what cost us so many games last year? It was poor defense and lapses in our offensive line which led to pressure on Eli. Sure Tim Carter cost us a game or two, but I don't need to remind you that he is gone. I'd much rather wait until the 6th or 7th round and pick up Steve Breaston of Michigan. I think he was extremely underated at Michigan and will help on special teams.

If Gilbride is even somewhat intelligent he will put Shockey in the slot if we need a good extra wide out. Our defense should at the very least consume the first two picks, and my hope is in the third we'll grab an offensive linemen. Hopefully at Tackle.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
grizmoandchodey

We don't need breaston for michigan because that's what mos takes care of. Speed wide out and a special teamer. Also we need to adress two major needs for our team. First if Levi Brown did drop to the #20 which is very very unlikely it would be absolutely insane not to take him after our left tackle luke petigout is in tampa. Next poz or timmons would have to be our second option in the first round. Lavaar is gone and now we need that dominant olb and poz will defintiely be available. I would love to see us get a great left tackle in this draft or eli will not get a lot of passes off and that will just fuse up everyone. So left tackle is clearly our by far biggest need but poz looks like he will be on our team next year
Old 03-12-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
actually im 24 and i played 4 years at the university of notre dame. we are not drafting a wr in the first round get that through your head. not unless cal johnson drops and pigs fly.
Did you read my post? You must be extremely ignorant not to see that WR is a need.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

Quote:
Did you read my post? You must be extremely ignorant not to see that WR is a need.
Quote:
So tell me what happened last year when Toomer went down. We completely lost our passing game. Jennings, Tyree or Carter did not step up. Moss was injured, so i'll give him a pass this time. Tyree is a special teamer nothing more, Jennings will not make our roster next year, Carter is already gone. I'm not saying ignore our holes on defense. If you read the rest of the post, you'd see that I have WR, OLB, and CB at the same level of need.
i read you post, i think your the ignorant one claiming wr, olb and cb are at the same level of need.

Quote:
read my post next time.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i agree WR is a need- not a 1st round need, its more of a 4th-5th round pick need imo. IF we trade down in the 1st which i hope we do and are still able to pick up like timmons 1st and gain 1 more 1st day pick i would do it but the fact of the matter is WR does not supercede OLB, CB, OT/G- these are more important positions that we need to get more depth at and just simply better at.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
grizmoandchodey

for wide receiver we can look like for a 3rd or fourth round pick, and same for corner. I like josh wilson for us in the later rounds though. He is a major runstopper and has very good speed. He would fit our need at the corner
Old 03-12-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ANTHONY MIX!!!! give him a shot, who know what could happen. WR shouldnt be drafted in the 1st 2 rounds. CB is our biggest neesd, with LB following. now say we sign june, MAYBE we pick up a WR who slips possbily a guy like bowe, rice, meachem etc. wr like smith in round 3 would be ok.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
ANTHONY MIX!!!! give him a shot, who know what could happen. WR shouldnt be drafted in the 1st 2 rounds. CB is our biggest neesd, with LB following. now say we sign june, MAYBE we pick up a WR who slips possbily a guy like bowe, rice, meachem etc. wr like smith in round 3 would be ok.
agreed, i think if we sign june and those guys fall to us in the 2nd we should draft them perhaps. only if there isnt any defensive talent with equal value. like merriweather.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
LMFAO!!

You're 24 and went to Notre Dame for four years? Are you kidding me. Notre Dame has very high academic standards, and you've proven that you have a room temperature IQ. You are dumber than a rock. Your grammer and punctuation are horrible, and you can't put up an argument if your life depended on it. I gave my reasons for why we should look into taking a WR on day one. All you can do is post that rubbish above? I've had better debates with my 10 year old cousin. Do us all a favor and become a Cowboys fan.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

Quote:
LMFAO!!

You're 24 and went to Notre Dame for four years? Are you kidding me. Notre Dame has very high academic standards, and you've proven that you have a room temperature IQ. You are dumber than a rock. Your grammer and punctuation are horrible, and you can't put up an argument if your life depended on it. I gave my reasons for why we should look into taking a WR on day one. All you can do is post that rubbish above? I've had better debates with my 10 year old cousin. Do us all a favor and become a Cowboys fan.

Last edited by hugepunch : 03-14-2007 at 09:20 AM.
hugepunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Go_Eli
Veteran

Go_Eli hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

WR in the first round? Nope.

Day one? Wouldn't be surprised.
Go_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

Quote:
Get that idiotic smirk off your face. A WR is round 1 or 2 is very much possible, and i'm all for it.
your seriously an idiot this is what you said. not day 1.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
grizmoandchodey

we don't need a wide receiver in the first round!!!! at the start of draft season yes, that was our main choice at wide receiver but aarington and petigout are not on the giants anymore. We can't mess up in this draft or it will be long seasons to come, and wide receiver will be a main screw up if we choose one in the first round. I know Amani is old but he's not useless. he can still make a play and it's not until next year that we draft a WR in the first round. I think that for the first we would definitely have to get Levi Brown if he falls on our lap or Poz or Timmons. I would rather have a franchise left tackle than a mediocre wideout. Plus the 3 major wide receivers will probably not be around by the 20th pick. C. Johnson, D. Jarrett or T. Ginn Jr. I wouldn't put faith in Bowe or Rice at the 20th but we could trade down but still, defensive threat or left tackle. So Ricky Bobby, would you rather take a Dwayne Bowe or a Levi Brown?
Old 03-13-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Go_Eli
Veteran

Go_Eli hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Let's be honest...if Calvin Johnson fell to the Giants, which is impossible, everyone would want him. Only WR I think I'd take in the first.
Go_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
grizmoandchodey

definitely but that will never happen i dont even think that we would take jarrett or ginn if they fell to the 20.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Get that idiotic smirk off your face. A WR is round 1 or 2 is very much possible and i'm all for it.
Key word there is possible. If you look at my latest mock draft, you will see that I in fact have us taking a WR in round 4. If this class was weaker, i'd have us taking a WR in round 1 or 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizmoandchodey View Post
we don't need a wide receiver in the first round!!!! at the start of draft season yes, that was our main choice at wide receiver but aarington and petigout are not on the giants anymore. We can't mess up in this draft or it will be long seasons to come, and wide receiver will be a main screw up if we choose one in the first round. I know Amani is old but he's not useless. he can still make a play and it's not until next year that we draft a WR in the first round. I think that for the first we would definitely have to get Levi Brown if he falls on our lap or Poz or Timmons. I would rather have a franchise left tackle than a mediocre wideout. Plus the 3 major wide receivers will probably not be around by the 20th pick. C. Johnson, D. Jarrett or T. Ginn Jr. I wouldn't put faith in Bowe or Rice at the 20th but we could trade down but still, defensive threat or left tackle. So Ricky Bobby, would you rather take a Dwayne Bowe or a Levi Brown?
If I had to choose Dwayne Bowe or Levi Brown, I'd take Bowe in a second. One guy you forgot to mention is Robert Meachem. He is the second best WR in this draft IMO, and if he falls to us, i'd take him.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

Quote:
Key word there is possible. If you look at my latest mock draft, you will see that I in fact have us taking a WR in round 4. If this class was weaker, i'd have us taking a WR in round 1 or 2.

If I had to choose Dwayne Bowe or Levi Brown, I'd take Bowe in a second. One guy you forgot to mention is Robert Meachem. He is the second best WR in this draft IMO, and if he falls to us, i'd take him.
excuse me while i go laugh myself to death. good thing your not our gm.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
you know sometihng your right i am a dumbass
Well we all agree then. Now that we've established that, allow me to help you with your grammer and punctuation. Here are some tidbits.

1. When begining a sentence, remember to capitalize the first letter of the first word.

2. The letter "i" should always be capitalized when used as a pro noun.

3. End your sentences with punctuation such as an period or question mark.

4. Re-read your posts and look for spelling errors before posting.

Why does a community college student have to teach grammer to a Notre Dame graduate?
Old 03-13-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
excuse me while i go laugh myself to death. good thing your not our gm.
Feel free to do so at any time.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
grizmoandchodey

check your grammar because you only use an when a word begins with a vowel and in grammar rule #3 you have an period. Plus, why would you take a franchise left tackle over an alright not amazing wide out. We do need a wide receiver but we need the major talent on the O-line and linbacer. We can deal with this season having an alright wide receiver core. Again we need to draft a WR in the first round next year, because this year there are way more important needs
Old 03-13-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

Quote:
Well we all agree then. Now that we've established that, allow me to help you with your grammer and punctuation. Here are some tidbits.

1. When begining a sentence, remember to capitalize the first letter of the first word.

2. The letter "i" should always be capitalized when used as a pro noun.

3. End your sentences with punctuation such as an period or question mark.

4. Re-read your posts and look for spelling errors before posting.

Why does a community college student have to teach grammer to a Notre Dame graduate?
omg man you seriously are a riot. this is the internet lol...im not doing all of that. what does spelling and punctuation have to do with anything. go point out something i spelled wrong and i will correct it for you. besides spelling has little to do with being intelligent and i dont know what this has to do with anything other then you changing the subject. you rather take bowe over levi brown. you rather not solidify our o-line. you rather take a player that will not make an impact. i dont understand your logic.