Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-13-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

WR, OLB, and CB are all at the same level of need IMO. Whether we take a WR in round one all depends on who is available when we pick. My realistic big board for pick number 20.

1. Leon Hall - The only CB that can start for us next year.
2. Chris Houston
3. Lawrence Timmons
4. Robert Meachem
5. Darrelle Revis
6. Dwayne Bowe
7. Ben Grubbs

The point I tried to make was that a WR in round 1 is not out of the picture. It all depends on how the draft unfolds. I actually have us taking a WR in round four in my recent mock draft.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=2110
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
BigBlue58KiperIII
Rookie

BigBlue58KiperIII hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Was there seriously an argument about grammar and punctuation on this discussion board. i believe we are talking about football here fellas relax
2009 UConn Draft picks? Darius Butler, CB, Cody Brown, DE, Will Beatty, OT
2007 Co-Big East Champs

Donald Brown 2008 D-1 rushing title
BigBlue58KiperIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue58KiperIII View Post
Was there seriously an argument about grammar and punctuation on this discussion board. i believe we are talking about football here fellas relax
seriously.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to throw this out here, because we're sort of in the "wide receiver phase". What would you guys think of taking Matt Trannon in the 7th round? I've seen him play, he's extremely underated, and is the new age basketball/football wide receiver who really attacks the football. What intrigues me about this guy is if he put on some pounds, he could even be a good second string Tight End with Shiancoe gone.

I mean, really, the fellow is 6'6 and ran a 4.58, which isn't the worst 40 I've seen for a wide receiver. Having another huge target for Eli would be nice if we run four wide receiver sets. Burress, Toomer, Moss and Trannon would be a nice combination if you ask me. He can catch better than Tim Carter at the very least..

It's just a thought, would solve perhaps our tight end and wide receiver problem.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think anyone would really mind who we draft in the 7th round.

I dont know much about Trannon but I think if he has those measurable its worthy of a 7th rounder
Old 03-14-2007, 03:15 AM    (permalink
joepas171

Sounds like he is definately worth a late round flyer...
I could see us getting a WR in the first too although i'd much prefer an impact defensive guy. There might be a top flight WR at 20 that might be too good to pass up. I wouldnt be crushed if we got any of the top 5 Wrs out there. My choice would be Jarrett or Bowe, especially if we somehow traded down a few spots.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:56 AM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'm going to throw this out here, because we're sort of in the "wide receiver phase". What would you guys think of taking Matt Trannon in the 7th round? I've seen him play, he's extremely underated, and is the new age basketball/football wide receiver who really attacks the football. What intrigues me about this guy is if he put on some pounds, he could even be a good second string Tight End with Shiancoe gone.

I mean, really, the fellow is 6'6 and ran a 4.58, which isn't the worst 40 I've seen for a wide receiver. Having another huge target for Eli would be nice if we run four wide receiver sets. Burress, Toomer, Moss and Trannon would be a nice combination if you ask me. He can catch better than Tim Carter at the very least..

It's just a thought, would solve perhaps our tight end and wide receiver problem.
sounds like a good prospect at 6'6 running a 4.58. can he catch?
Old 03-14-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
BigBlue58KiperIII
Rookie

BigBlue58KiperIII hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He played basketball at Michigan State so he can obviously jump, is athletic, and can snatch the ball out of the air. He never became the tyof offensive weaapon everyone thought he would be early in his college career. he is sort of an Anthony Mix type to compare it so someone on our roster, maybe a little more speed and fluidity than Mix, definitely worth a look in the final round or as an UDFA
2009 UConn Draft picks? Darius Butler, CB, Cody Brown, DE, Will Beatty, OT
2007 Co-Big East Champs

Donald Brown 2008 D-1 rushing title
BigBlue58KiperIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

Giants | R. Bartel has workout with team
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 07:50:35 -0800

KFFL has learned Tarleton State QB Richard Bartel had a private workout with the New York Giants Wednesday, March 14.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepunch View Post
Giants | R. Bartel has workout with team
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 07:50:35 -0800

KFFL has learned Tarleton State QB Richard Bartel had a private workout with the New York Giants Wednesday, March 14.
Somebody else posted that we had Dwayne Jarrett come in for a private workout. Where can we find a list of all the players that the Giants have worked out?

Last edited by ricky bobby : 03-14-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Name some sleeper trench player picks. Im curious to see who people have pencilled in as their respective sleepers in the trenches.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Name some sleeper trench player picks. Im curious to see who people have pencilled in as their respective sleepers in the trenches.

Doug Free, James Marten, Mike Jones, Kyle Young
Old 03-14-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
grizmoandchodey

Quote:

Sounds good to me because eli always completes more of his passes to taller receivers, wll at least to me. WE could put shockey in a slot position and this guy could serve as a down tightend. He would work in our offense
Old 03-14-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

LaRon Harris – NT – 6’3” 345 – Northwestern Oklahoma State
Workout numbers: 1.7 10 yard shuttle, 33 reps, 33.5 vert
I haven’t seen him play, but he is very intriguing because of his size. He had a great workout and should be a late round pick. He actually ended his workout (non-combine) with a backflip. He must have great lower body strength to do a backflip at 345 pounds. He was a division 1-A recruit but became lazy and left Tennessee.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clifton Ryan, DT, Michigan State. Another guy I noticed and liked while watching some Michigan State games. He's quite big at 310 pounds, although not overly tall at about 6'3. I think he could make a great late round pick, perhaps even a UDFA guy for us. Has the big body we need, although only benched 25 reps at the combine, which isn't great, but there was worse.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Doug Free, James Marten, Mike Jones, Kyle Young
id hardly call doug free a sleeper pick- hes listed as probably the 4th best OT

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
id hardly call doug free a sleeper pick- hes listed as probably the 4th best OT
yea but I think he is gonna be significantly better then that. I think him, Joe Thomas, and Joe Staley are going to be good LTs in this draft. Levi Brown probably be a solid right tackle.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Would you guys take Leon Hall if he fell to #20? I think he is the only CB that can come in and start for us next year. He showed off his athleticism at the combine and is considered the top CB. Hall and Webster would be a nice young CB combo.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Would you guys take Leon Hall if he fell to #20? I think he is the only CB that can come in and start for us next year. He showed off his athleticism at the combine and is considered the top CB. Hall and Webster would be a nice young CB combo.
Definently. If he fell to number 20, I would grab him in an instant. Like you said, he might be the only Cornerback in the draft who can start as a rookie and be effective. Chris Houston might also fit that catergory, but I'm not certain yet.

Hall and Webster would probably make a good young tandem, since I think Webster may not be the bust many people think he is with a new defensive coordinator to work with.

I think with Webster in earlier in the year, we had a much better defense, seemed to begin to slump off when he got injured.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Slasher28
Rookie

Slasher28 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Definently. If he fell to number 20, I would grab him in an instant. Like you said, he might be the only Cornerback in the draft who can start as a rookie and be effective. Chris Houston might also fit that catergory, but I'm not certain yet.

Hall and Webster would probably make a good young tandem, since I think Webster may not be the bust many people think he is with a new defensive coordinator to work with.

I think with Webster in earlier in the year, we had a much better defense, seemed to begin to slump off when he got injured.
He got picked on by grossman and at least half of the other quarterbacks, He needs to stop going for a big play and make the tackle, but he is much better than Walker

Sig thanks to the amazing jackalope
Slasher28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

Quote:
Yea. He's the only CB I would take at #20 in this draft.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a sleeper in the trenches is ramel meekins from rutgers. yea, homerism right here, but has such a high motor. think of him the oppostie of joseph, quick(for a DT), smart, high energy, but a little under-sized.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to pick up atleast one guard and one tackle, I expect one to done in the rest of FA and one to be done in the draft.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
grizmoandchodey

Quote:
Definitely. he had the best combine workout out of any corners and showed up everyone. He has the great run stop ability but does get hurt on the long routes in turn and run situations. I don't like Webster as a starter next year because he makes way too many mistakes. surprisingly, i like R.W McQuarters and Hall if we pick him up at the #20 because R.W brings spunk to this team and on the field he fires them up. He is a big time playmaker. But i would definitely take Leon Hall at the #20 but very unlikely because the bills will take him before we do
Old 03-14-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We pick a corner in the first round and our starters are probably Madison and Webster going into the year again, McQ as the nickel back and Dockery, Underwood and Draft pick vieing for playing time
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote