Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-05-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NCAA Online Dynasty: Fantasy Draft?

I am inviting 7 users to do another NCAA Online Dynasty with me (PM already sent). Basically, this one will be a bit more slow than the one we are doing with 12 teams, and we will take our time and have fun with it, no rush to get games done. The focus will be twofold:

1. Have a fantasy draft so we have powerhouse esque teams to start with. Half the fun will be the draft (done on the Fantasy Forum of NFLDC). It will take awhile, but will be worth it. You will have to balance talent with youth and however you want to build your team. I will have 6 choices of roster requirements you can use. More details once I get 8 people to do this.

2. Recruiting. We will all pick 1 Star prestige teams So, despite having a powerhouse roster, recruiting will still be fairly difficult. This will make for a higher focus on recruiting after a few years rather than just who is the best "player."

Essentially, just PM me back with a yay or nay, no pressure. If you are going to get busy, that is okay, just let me know.

Also, you can pick your team if you want to. Maybe list two or three just in case. Eligible teams are:

-Arkansas State
-Army
-Eastern Michigan
-Idaho
-Kent State
-Middle Tenn State
-New Mexico State
-North Texas
-UL Monroe
-San Diego State
-San Jose State
-SMU
-UL Lafayette
-Temple
-Tulane
-UAB
-Utah State
-West Michigan
-West Kentucky
-FIU

All pitches and stuff will transfer over.

We will be replacing the 8 teams in the Big East so we can get a BCS bid.

Shoot any questions over to me. Once again, this will be relaxed. Long draft, no time limit, but it should be fun.

Participants:

crites09 - UL Layfette

critesy - Utah State

Todd Bertuzzi - Tulane

Forenci - San Diego State

JBond - Army

djp - SMU

ATL - UAB

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 08-08-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

UL Lafayette Rajin' Cajun or Kent State Golden Flashes or Midd Tennessee State Blue Raiders!
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Has anyone else agreed to do this yet Jbond
Old 08-06-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I told you I was in!

I'd be SMU I suppose
Old 08-06-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like DG and Scotty may be out. So, I'll search for some new peeps. I know ATL wants in. I do want to try for some diversity from the other dynasty, so we will see.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-07-2009, 07:57 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm. Slim pickings here, haha. I guess I will take UAB to honor Roddy, although I think we may be slightly better off with 2 star teams that way all our recruits are max 2 stars, and we can pick up a couple 3's and maybe even a 4 or two.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 08-07-2009 at 10:09 AM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:23 AM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

So Bond, were doing a fantasy draft with 8 1-star teams. Are all the other schools going to have the original players still on them or we doing fantasy draft for those as well?
Old 08-07-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm going try and edit all the other schools as well so that the players we take are no longer on their team. I'll figure out a way to do it well.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-07-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you only do fantasy drafts online?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

No, we will be doing them on NFLDC via the Fantasy Forum, then I will recreate teams with TeamBuilder (or just edit rosters, but the former is likely easier for me)

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-07-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

How many people do we have signed up for it?
Old 08-07-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It's all listed in the first post. Only need one more. I PMed MOTH

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-07-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on MOTH! We need you!
Old 08-07-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

MOTH said no, I'll keep looking.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-08-2009, 08:11 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
MOTH said no, I'll keep looking.

You could just check with some of the people who wanted in with the NCAA Dynasty and didn't. Maybe just go with 7 though, it's uneven but all it means is another game or so vs. the CPU, draft will go a bit quicker, etc.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 08-08-2009 at 08:15 AM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

True, I could pump up an 8th team in the Big East, basically give them some talent after we are done drafting and see.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-08-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
True, I could pump up an 8th team in the Big East, basically give them some talent after we are done drafting and see.

Probably for the best. That way we can get the draft rolling on a weekend so we should see some solid progress early.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

I agree lets do this up!!!! If we need an 8th too I could always find an 8th person and just start making him post on here
Old 08-08-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We'll start it up tomorrow evening then! I am going to be Army.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-08-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Eh, was hoping to pick a little lower. I've got a good idea of what I want to do though. And jeez, that's a ton of players to pick.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

68 rounds! Should be grand!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-08-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

68 rounds lol.

How does that work exactly? You can just pick any player via teambuilder? I still havent tried this yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
68 rounds! Should be grand!

Oh it will. It's just a matter if we finish by the end of 2009.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Oh it will. It's just a matter if we finish by the end of 2009.
Maybe when we starting getting done with getting starters and adding a bit of depth we can just give JBond a big list of guys and he can go through and give us the best available guy on the list at each of our picks or something.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Maybe when we starting getting done with getting starters and adding a bit of depth we can just give JBond a big list of guys and he can go through and give us the best available guy on the list at each of our picks or something.
Yeah, probably the best option

That draft would honest to god take 2 months probably.

Also, difficulty level? Heisman or AA with jacked up sliders?