Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-10-2009, 03:14 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I changed my pick, I hope nobody minds. Only 1 guy went after me and it sounds like he was going Lewis all the way.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:45 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crites09 View Post
Thanks. Damn ATL snatched Sergio Kindle before I could get him...

Haha, at first I thought it might be an overdraft. I wanted Dunlap, but he got taken by DJP right before me. Seeing as most of the time I user control the DE, I figured drafting one of the highest OVR ones was probably a wise move even though he's a senior.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:53 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Haha, at first I thought it might be an overdraft. I wanted Dunlap, but he got taken by DJP right before me. Seeing as most of the time I user control the DE, I figured drafting one of the highest OVR ones was probably a wise move even though he's a senior.
Twas a good pick. Kindle is such BS since he basically is a linebacker playing defensive end with elite pass rush and block shedding skills. Good thing for us, it's only one year :)

Also, JBond, what kind of OOC schedules are we looking at? Probably doesn't matter since we are stealing most of the best 476 players in the country, lol.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:12 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure right now, I will think about it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:19 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

I really think we should set up a date and time on IRC so we can knock out 30 or 40 of these rounds at a time or something. This will seriously take 3 or 4 weeks to complete otherwise.

Maybe 3-5 minute clock or something like that if we end up doing a chunk of this on IRC. That would be kinda cool, instant reaction and that sorta stuff!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:19 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you can organize it, go for it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:27 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

When can everyone be on to do this? Or can you even?

I'm free pretty much anytime this week, not on the weekend except for Sunday night.

What about Sunday at 7:30 CST? That would let us take a little more time for the first 15 or so rounds so people can think them through a little bit. Hard to get everyone on for a weekday as well.

if you can't let me know what time(s) would work for you.

I hate your Dwyer picture JBond!

Last edited by djp : 08-10-2009 at 05:32 AM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:33 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Also, JBond, a suggestion for you... if you're not doing this already, I'd have some custom rosters built for our dynasty and editing the guys that we take down to 60 overall or something so we don't have duplicates and you don't have to do them all at once.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:44 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This week isn't good for me, but I could do it on the weekend at anytime. Sunday works as long as we don't run too late since I have an early start on Monday. Next week I'm good any day after 6.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:49 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Also, JBond, a suggestion for you... if you're not doing this already, I'd have some custom rosters built for our dynasty and editing the guys that we take down to 60 overall or something so we don't have duplicates and you don't have to do them all at once.
I have no idea what you are talking about, lol.

Anyway, I am busy all this week, but yeah, I'd be around Saturday or Sunday.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:57 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about, lol.

Anyway, I am busy all this week, but yeah, I'd be around Saturday or Sunday.
Are you just moving players from the other teams or creating new players with the same ratings and names? I'm talking about editing the players from their actual teams that we select onto our teams.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:02 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Are you just moving players from the other teams or creating new players with the same ratings and names? I'm talking about editing the players from their actual teams that we select onto our teams.
I don't think it is possible to move players from one team to another, or I would.

My thought is just recreate the players. Names and ratings basically.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:13 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I don't think it is possible to move players from one team to another, or I would.

My thought is just recreate the players. Names and ratings basically.
Yeah, but doesn't that leave the players still intact on their original team? I'm saying that there will be doubles of the players, one on our team, and one on the originals.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It does. That will be the more time consuming thing for me. Changing those names and stats slightly. I likely won't knock those guys down too much, just take the main stats for them and hit them with it, and change names to...something :P

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:38 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
It does. That will be the more time consuming thing for me. Changing those names and stats slightly. I likely won't knock those guys down too much, just take the main stats for them and hit them with it, and change names to...something :P
Well, you don't have to do all the effort. We could edit all the guys that we take out one at a time and just upload them when we're done, go 1-by-1. You don't deserve to have to edit 476 names. That's just cruel!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:39 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Only issue is it all has to be done on the same roster file. So, if each of us edit our 68 guys, there is no way to combine it. I'll get it done. Probably one day a week or so I'll dedicate to getting this done.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:44 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Only issue is it all has to be done on the same roster file. So, if each of us edit our 68 guys, there is no way to combine it. I'll get it done. Probably one day a week or so I'll dedicate to getting this done.
Well, how the guys who first named the rosters did it, was they just passed it along. IE. You would start with your roster file. Upload it. I'd download it, edit my guys out, pass it along to someone else, and so on and so forth. So we'd all eventually be on the same roster file.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The weekend works for me. Preferably mid afternoon-early night.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 08-10-2009 at 08:52 AM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:57 AM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Quote:
I changed my pick, I hope nobody minds. Only 1 guy went after me and it sounds like he was going Lewis all the way.

Who did you originally take again?
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This week I'm actually pretty busy, but as far as I know I should be free on Saturday and Sunday.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Actually, Sunday afternoon into a chunk of the night is busy for me. Saturday should work though.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i should be free sunday?

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
i should be free sunday?
I wanted Taylor Mays :( You better not take my next player now that I told you who I'm going to take. lol

Also I'm good for Sunday.. Saturday I will at a wedding all day/night so doesn't work for me.
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

So would Saturday be cool with everyone?

And what about the cap I mentioned? 40 rounds? Past that, I put the top overall at each position in a hate (random.org,) and assign accordingly? I can even just put the top juniors and below at each position in a hate and go from there.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-10-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont like that idea, i want to choose my whole team haha

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote