Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Ed Reed A Hall Of Fame?
Yes 59 93.65%
No 4 6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default Ed Reed Last Year?

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...the_rword.html

Quote:
Ed Reed admits to thinking about the R-word
With offensive tackles Jonathan Ogden and Willie Anderson, wide receivers Derrick Mason and Drew Bennett and quarterback Steve McNair retiring in the last 15 months, perhaps it’s no surprise that Ed Reed has considered doing the same.

"Just to hit on Mason, I feel him," the five-time Pro Bowl free safety said after today's morning practice. "He had two surgeries and just with going through other things emotion-wise, it’s hard. I’ve been contemplating sitting out for the last two years and hanging up the cleats and stuff. When you start to think about those things, you start to put things in perspective. You start looking for other things to do outside of football."

So, Reed was asked, what has kept him coming back?

"I love this game," he said. "And at the end of the day, I say, 'You know what, let’s see how this one goes and look up next year and we’ll debate from there.'
So tell me if he retires next year is he a hall of famer?
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

most likely
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would get in IMO
Old 08-09-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say yes. 5 Pro Bowls, 5 All-Pros, DPOY to his name and he was the best to play his position for a stretch of time, so I think he gets in for sure. But it will be surprising if he does retire, he's still only 30 years old and in his prime.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he is HoF worthy. Arguably one of the best safeties to ever play, and he was a complete game changer.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

I think if Ray Lewis retires he is going to retire the same year.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah, he's definitely a HOFer
Old 08-09-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
I think if Ray Lewis retires he is going to retire the same year.
I could see that happening or maybe sticking around 1 more year after Ray leaves. As far as a HOFer, he is easily the best and most complete FS of our generation IMO so he has to get in.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My No counts as a yes...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow that was a lot of yes votes for what I think is a pretty iffy subject. I won't dispute Reed's greatness on the field but longevity is a serious factor, and in all of NFL history there are what, 7 safeties in Canton?

I don't think Ed makes it if he retired today, or even over the next few years. If he keeps it up, obviously yes. But you gots to stick around mayne. and it sounds like he's already having doubts.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Wow that was a lot of yes votes for what I think is a pretty iffy subject. I won't dispute Reed's greatness on the field but longevity is a serious factor, and in all of NFL history there are what, 7 safeties in Canton?

I don't think Ed makes it if he retired today, or even over the next few years. If he keeps it up, obviously yes. But you gots to stick around mayne. and it sounds like he's already having doubts.
Yeah. I am a huge fan of Ed Reed and he is easily on the right track, but if he only plays for 1 or 2 more years, then I think there might be an issue if he is HoF worthy. Deion Sanders and Rod Woodson were both playing past the age of 35 and Reed is thinking about retirement at the age of 30? I think he needs to play another 4-5 years to be a shoe in for the HoF, which he deserves to be.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he retired within a year or two, would he get into the hall of fame? Not first ballot IMO. If he plays 3 or 4 more years at least and still produces, then he'll be a first ballot IMO.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he sticks around w/ Ray so they can win a superbowl together. Once Ray leaves he leaves.

He was a monster in run support back in the day and you can really see it that he shys away from contact. His Neck Injury is serious.

I think he should be in the HOF. He was the 2nd best defensive player on probably the best defense of the decade. He is a true game changer
Old 08-09-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno man.. There's isn't many players that come around that can play as good as Ed Reed. You can't say it enough that he's a game changer from a position that doesn't call for that sort of play, but he does it.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say yes. He was the most dominant safety in the NFL for a long period. His careers a little short, but he was great during it.

I don't think hes gonna retire after this season tho.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they allow safeties into the HoF, then he's in. Might not be the best ever, but he'd be in the discussion.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
If they allow safeties into the HoF, then he's in. Might not be the best ever, but he'd be in the discussion.
Ken Houston, Ronnie Lott, Count Chocula?

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best centerfielder safeties I've ever seen are him and Rod Woodson, who really wasn't fair since he could've gotten into the hall of fame if he played his whole career at just one of any of the four DB positions instead of playing all four throughout his career.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Ken Houston, Ronnie Lott, Count Chocula?
Count Chocula redefined the position.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, longevity has to factor in at some point.
Terrell Davis suffers from not playing long enough and he was arguably the most dominant back behind Barry Sanders n the NFL when he played.
And I know Davis' career was shorter, but RB's careers are shorter in comparison.

I say he needs more years to get a lock. It helps he is in the East Coast with the bias in that area.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can't retire, he's still so awesome.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Hall of Fame should get into Ed Reed...

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Ray Lewis is going to be around like Favre so I think Ed Reed will be here a bit longer lol.
But if he wins the DPOY award this year I think he will retire and with 2 DPOY he'd deserves it.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Ray Lewis is going to be around like Favre so I think Ed Reed will be here a bit longer lol.
But if he wins the DPOY award this year I think he will retire and with 2 DPOY he'd deserves it.
To bad the man in my sig is still young and vibrant. :P
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
To bad the man in my sig is still young and vibrant. :P
If he didn't win it last year how could he win it this year no offense lol