Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We're making more of this than we should. Look, both teams got what they wanted in the trade, it was a good move by both teams.

Both teams basically gave up nothing for their guy, so whats the big deal? If it works, great, if it doesn't, its not like they gave the farm away for him. I think it was a good move for both teams. Id still like a change of pace guy via the draft, but I think we mightve gotten a very good deal out of this.

Hopefully for Tim Carter and Cleveland's sake, they can say the same. Carter has all the talent in the world, but can't catch a cold. Maybe a change of scenery can help him out. And again, if it doesn't work out, big deal, you didn't give up anything for him. This was a very smart move by both GMs.
Both Gms made good moves but perhaps giants fans are more excited because alot of them, used to EA's philosophy, were pissed at Reese for not doing anything, and so this deal, and the circumstances surrounding it made it sweeter. We get to keep our picks, fill a need with a player who could do well for us, and no we can focus on defense. Not only that, we didnt overpay, something EA wouldnt have a problem doing.

So yeah i would disagree and say it is a big deal, but in terms of the person, but factor in who we got, for who, and how patient we were leading up to this trade. Than factor in that this was his first major move, well second if you count the cuts, and I say it is a big deal and thats why Giants fans are happy.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
RD is a decent back, but your team also played a part in it. I am sure RD had his faults, but you guys had injuries on your offensive unit. Fry is a young qb, and your oline is not that good. Factor in facing the Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers, and no wonder it would be tough for RD to be consistent.

I think he would do much better behind our line. Also, he wouldnt be the feature back, Jacobs, would be. So I personally think it was a good deal for us. Not saying it was a bad deal for you guys, because he may not be the proper fit. But in terms of our team, he is a good fit for our situation.
Indeed, I think he'll do pretty good with our offensive line. We've got an excellent run blocking O-Line with McKenzie, Snee, and various other members of the group.

..and Spectre, I think we're just over exaggerating how the Browns got "completely screwed". I think we're just happy to get rid of one of our most despised players on the Giants roster. One who I believe cost us not only the Cowboys vs Giants (Week 13) but the Colts vs Giants (Week 1). The only good thing he ever did I liked was when he was at the third string against the Eagles and recovered the Burress fumble for a touchdown. It gave me some much needed ammusement being down in that game for so long.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Indeed, I think he'll do pretty good with our offensive line. We've got an excellent run blocking O-Line with McKenzie, Snee, and various other members of the group.

..and Spectre, I think we're just over exaggerating how the Browns got "completely screwed". I think we're just happy to get rid of one of our most despised players on the Giants roster. One who I believe cost us not only the Cowboys vs Giants (Week 13) but the Colts vs Giants (Week 1). The only good thing he ever did I liked was when he was at the third string against the Eagles and recovered the Burress fumble for a touchdown. It gave me some much needed ammusement being down in that game for so long.
Yeah perfectly said! We are happy to add a quality player, and plus alot of people hate Carter, almost like the new Ron Dayne, so thats why we kid around and say you guys got screwed, lol.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Both Gms made good moves but perhaps giants fans are more excited because alot of them, used to EA's philosophy, were pissed at Reese for not doing anything, and so this deal, and the circumstances surrounding it made it sweeter. We get to keep our picks, fill a need with a player who could do well for us, and no we can focus on defense. Not only that, we didnt overpay, something EA wouldnt have a problem doing.

So yeah i would disagree and say it is a big deal, but in terms of the person, but factor in who we got, for who, and how patient we were leading up to this trade. Than factor in that this was his first major move, well second if you count the cuts, and I say it is a big deal and thats why Giants fans are happy.
Oh don't get me wrong, the more I hear about the trade, the more I like it.

Im saying people are making too much of a big deal out of it by knocking the trade. The people who are killing it don't understand that it was a great move because we both gave up nothing for something in return. Now if it doesn't work out, its not a big deal because there was a very small investment made, but if it does work out, its a steal. So for those who are completely ripping the move, theyre not understanding that its not that big of a move in terms of Winner vs Loser.

Neither team lost anything. If it works its great. If it doesn't, big deal, you didn't lose anything out of this move. There can only be winners out of this trade, neither team "lost" anything.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Oh don't get me wrong, the more I hear about the trade, the more I like it.

Im saying people are making too much of a big deal out of it by knocking the trade. The people who are killing it don't understand that it was a great move because we both gave up nothing for something in return. Now if it doesn't work out, its not a big deal because there was a very small investment made, but if it does work out, its a steal. So for those who are completely ripping the move, theyre not understanding that its not that big of a move in terms of Winner vs Loser.

Neither team lost anything. If it works its great. If it doesn't, big deal, you didn't lose anything out of this move. There can only be winners out of this trade, neither team "lost" anything.
I agree with that. I guess I misread the other. Well said, I agree with what you said.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How in the world is thread getting so long.

Droughns is trash, Carter worse trash and i doubt either will be on their new team by the time the O8 draft rolls around.

The Giants act like they got something, albeit better than the Browns end of the deal, but that is merely relative as neither player really has any business being on the field for any extended amount of time.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Droughns has some baggage as well, he was involved in a domestic violence case, a drunken driving case... So don't act like you are getting a steal here, Reuben is a decent player, I liked him here, but he isn't a 1,200 yard back anymore...

Tim Carter on the other hand sounds horrible lol.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepunch View Post
Brandon Jacobs/RB/Southern Illinois.

6'4
262lbs.
4.44 -40yd

i guess thats slow

1.69 - 10yd
4.49 - SS
7.54 - 3-Cone

Yeah, that is slow.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Both of these players will have no impact on their team's performance. This player trade is equal to this draft trade:

Giants trade 2 7th rounders and recieve a late 6th rounder.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post
Both of these players will have no impact on their team's performance. This player trade is equal to this draft trade:

Giants trade 2 7th rounders and recieve a late 6th rounder.
In 2005 Droughns had basically exactly the same amount of production as Thomas Jones did this past year. I find it hard to believe he fell that far off the map in one year. Either way he will be the second back in a 2 back attack. Jacobs will get more carries.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

I never seen so many people get so excited over a 28 year old RB who is coming off a year with under 4.0 TPC, was on the verge of getting release, and is nothing more than a backup at this stage of his career.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Browns got a bad deal.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
I never seen so many people get so excited over a 28 year old RB who is coming off a year with under 4.0 TPC, was on the verge of getting release, and is nothing more than a backup at this stage of his career.

Noone is overly excited about Droughns, but getting him at a cheap price for arguably the worst football player on the Giants made this a good deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Maybe because what the Giants needed was a veteran back up?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
culloden1745
Rookie

culloden1745 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Its not getting Droughns, its cutting loose the baggage. Droughns might only be the 2-3rd back, but he'll probably contribute more to the team then Carter would have. By getting him, Giants can wait until later and use a lower draft pick on a back, let Droughns, Ward, Cedric Humes, and whoever fight it out for the 3-4 spots. Backup rbs contribute whether on the field or in the locker room by mentoring the young backs
Then replace Carter with someone else, anyone. My7 y/o son caught 20 passes in pal football.......
culloden1745 is offline   Reply With Quote