Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 08-14-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Preseason Game 1 @ New Orleans

Well, had to watch the starters play while I was at work so I didn't quite get to take it all in.

The run blocking was extremely good. Pass blocking didn't seem too bad either, Carson just couldn't find anyone open downfield. Way too many holding calls. Chad, Henry, Benson and Scott look good.

Didn't get to take in too much on the defense, seemed like they got decent pressure.

Thoughts?
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JT O'Sullivan is also looking good but I'm always cautious to give much thought to a backup QB doing well in preseason... Fitzpatrick also did well last preseason lol..

Henry is definitely looking good, only continues the positive vibes we've been getting about him all offseason.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought we looked great in the first when the starters were in there. The OL's blocking was surprisingly good and it looked like they were working more like a unit than individuals.

I think it's a good thing that the defense wasn't on the field a whole lot, but when they were, they looked pretty damn good. Sad that we didn't get to see Rey.

Saw some good things from Scott, M. Johnson, and company. Huber was excellent as expected.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I came away pretty impressed with what I saw of tonight's game. The OL did very well in the running game(which I kinda thought would actually be a strength) and they did pretty good in pass pro. Too many penalties definitely but you just gotta take that for what it is I guess. This is where you work those types of things out and I know for sure some of those calls were questionable. Cedric and Bernard Scott both looked very explosive which was great to watch. Benson kinda reminds me of Rudi when he first came around(and not because of the number) with a little more explosion. Scott just looks great out there, it was impressive to see him make something out of nothing as they say. Chad, Laveraneus, and Chris all looked sharp.

The D was also quite impressive, though I'm still really unhappy with the fact that Ndukwe isnt starting. Tank, Peko, Sims, and MJ all looked very good as they were flying all over the place. Rivers made a great play at the goal line which is pretty much expected.

All in all, pretty nice showing from this team. Doesn't really mean much now but I am encouraged by this.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our starting D gave a lot less yards than I expected. I was expected more of our bend but not break D. We showed great stuff on defense.

I think Bernard Scott was the MAN out there. Showed amazing change of direction, burst and was not afraid to duck his head and go for the extra 1 yard.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I came away pretty impressed with what I saw of tonight's game. The OL did very well in the running game(which I kinda thought would actually be a strength) and they did pretty good in pass pro. Too many penalties definitely but you just gotta take that for what it is I guess. This is where you work those types of things out and I know for sure some of those calls were questionable. Cedric and Bernard Scott both looked very explosive which was great to watch. Benson kinda reminds me of Rudi when he first came around(and not because of the number) with a little more explosion. Scott just looks great out there, it was impressive to see him make something out of nothing as they say. Chad, Laveraneus, and Chris all looked sharp.

The D was also quite impressive, though I'm still really unhappy with the fact that Ndukwe isnt starting. Tank, Peko, Sims, and MJ all looked very good as they were flying all over the place. Rivers made a great play at the goal line which is pretty much expected.

All in all, pretty nice showing from this team. Doesn't really mean much now but I am encouraged by this.
MJ was looked like he could be a force out there with more time. He was pushing linemen back a lot.

Rivers was out there like a man on a mission. On a couple run plays I saw him really deliver shots to the linemen and clog the holes.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-15-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I was disappointed I missed a lot of the defensive series.

I did see Johnson got a deflection after he had destroyed the pocket, I was VERY happy to see that given our lineman never deflect the ball. Jerome Simpson showed some flashes as well.

In preseason, really all you can ask for is no big injuries and we got that.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 08-15-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

This next game should be a real judge of how M.Johnson is progressing. We will see if he is consistent if he performs decent against the Pats.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-15-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, He didnt do anything fantastic really but I did like what I saw from him in the sense that you can see that he could be a very special player. He's a lot stronger than I thought he was going to be. The Pats should be a nice test for him but really even if the kid doesnt show much this season I won't be too mad about it. He's still pretty raw as a DE anyway. That said, I hope he(along with Tank) can provide that spark this pass rush needs.

I can't wait to see Maualuga make his debut!

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-15-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Bengals absolutely stole Bernard Scott. I said he was a first round talent with 7th round character. He looks incredible and I would not be surprised if he ends up starting by the end of the season. I am considering drafting him in the last round of my fantasy draft if he is not already the starter by the end of the month.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnew76 View Post
I think the Bengals absolutely stole Bernard Scott. I said he was a first round talent with 7th round character. He looks incredible and I would not be surprised if he ends up starting by the end of the season. I am considering drafting him in the last round of my fantasy draft if he is not already the starter by the end of the month.
He is very impressive that's for sure, but IDK if I would go so far as to say he's going to be the starter. We've seen a lot of growth from Cedric in his short time here and he looks a step faster than I've ever seen him. That said, Scott could make a huge contribution this year and I could see him become the starter at RB in the future.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-15-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
He is very impressive that's for sure, but IDK if I would go so far as to say he's going to be the starter. We've seen a lot of growth from Cedric in his short time here and he looks a step faster than I've ever seen him. That said, Scott could make a huge contribution this year and I could see him become the starter at RB in the future.
Yeah, I am definitely jumping the gun... he hasn't even made the team yet for sure...
Old 08-16-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

It's probably a foregone conclusion that he has made the team. They cut veteran back Kenny Watson already and I suppose that was to make room for him. Its probably going to be Benson, Leonard, Scott, and Jeremi Johnson if they go by the same 3 RB/1FB thing they've been doing.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165