Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id say the best 2 way TE (guys who can block and catch) is probably Jason Witten.

pure blocking TEs....thats hard to say. there's a lot of em.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
Think he means Steve Heiden.
Yep, thats the one! :p
Old 08-17-2009, 10:58 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I thought you were saying he blocked animals because he went to A&M. If that was an intended joke, it was not funny. If you were saying he is an animal at blocking, my mistake.
WOW... I clearly meant he is animal at blocking. hahahaha. sorry for the confusion.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
id say the best 2 way TE (guys who can block and catch) is probably Jason Witten.

pure blocking TEs....thats hard to say. there's a lot of em.
To be honest, I think Martellus may end up being greater. He will never take witten's starting spot for obvious reasons, and he may become great elsewhere, but he is gong to be special.

He is more of a freak than Vernon Davis. I promise i'm not being a homer. The kid is an absolute BEAST.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:11 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pettigrew could possibly be one of the top 10 best 2-way TEs from day one. I think he could be that good, especially if Stafford gets the starting nod early into the season. He's like a Witten clone.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marttellus Bennett is gonna be a great two way tight end.
superman8456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
To be honest, I think Martellus may end up being greater. He will never take witten's starting spot for obvious reasons, and he may become great elsewhere, but he is gong to be special.

He is more of a freak than Vernon Davis. I promise i'm not being a homer. The kid is an absolute BEAST.
I know. Bennett is a beast in the making. The only thing that could hold him back is his maturity. But if he keeps his head on straight, this guy is gonna be an absolute monster.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Thank you that some people agree and don't think im a dallas homer. Even a giants fan.

I just hope we can somehow keep him when his rookie contract is done. But that is 3 years away.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Thank you that some people agree and don't think im a dallas homer. Even a giants fan.

I just hope we can somehow keep him when his rookie contract is done. But that is 3 years away.
its gonna be hard to keep him and Witten.

someone will offer him more money, unless you lose Witten in the future and keep Bennett. Either way, its gonna be a blow.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
its gonna be hard to keep him and Witten.

someone will offer him more money, unless you lose Witten in the future and keep Bennett. Either way, its gonna be a blow.
To be honest, by then, unless Bennett completely flops, I'd rather keep martellus. He basically is witten just a physical freak. You would think he is a bad blocker because of his T.O.-esque attitude and being a good reciever, but he is an excellent blocker to top it off.

You really can't stop him.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
To be honest, by then, unless Bennett completely flops, I'd rather keep martellus. He basically is witten just a physical freak. You would think he is a bad blocker because of his T.O.-esque attitude and being a good reciever, but he is an excellent blocker to top it off.

You really can't stop him.
Witten is so clutch though. Sometimes its not always about measurables. Let's see Bennett prove his worth in the 4th quarter before we say he's better than Witten.

In my opinion, Witten is the best TE in the league.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

You do have me there. I'm just getting over excited about bennett.

I love his hands the most. They are like foot long bear paws.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Yep, thats the one! :p
Quote:
Witten is so clutch though. Sometimes its not always about measurables. Let's see Bennett prove his worth in the 4th quarter before we say he's better than Witten.

In my opinion, Witten is the best TE in the league.
I'd go with Tony G. That guy is a legend, and still is as sick as ever. Witten is a great TE, and M. B. is coming along according to Coach Garrett. I got the impression he is doing right things, but still has a ways to go.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I'd go with Tony G. That guy is a legend, and still is as sick as ever. Witten is a great TE, and M. B. is coming along according to Coach Garrett. I got the impression he is doing right things, but still has a ways to go.
Tony G is probably the best ever, and still amazing, but right here right now, Witten is better.

Tony is still top 5 easy though even at his current age.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tony G is probably the best ever, and still amazing, but right here right now, Witten is better.

Tony is still top 5 easy though even at his current age.
I'd still go with Tony G. Guy does everything virtually perfect. Barely, if ever, drops passes, is pretty fast, which I didn't notice until I saw him up close, and does a very good job run blocking too. Not only that he his personality is very good. Out going guy who will come up to you and talk to you, and say hello every time.

Witten is a damn good TE, great hands, and runs blocks very well. But I wouldn't say he is better than TG. Witten is a cool guy, but seems to be on the quiet side.

Both are great TEs, but I'd still take Tony G every time over any TE in the game. Good locker room player, and just a good player to have in your franchise.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Oh and let's not forget Marty B's 4th quarter game winner in washington on sunday night last year. 40 yards over landry.

The kid can perform.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cooley can block like a champion
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Becht used to be a great blocker back in the day.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh and let's not forget Marty B's 4th quarter game winner in washington on sunday night last year. 40 yards over landry.

The kid can perform.
omg stop the man love. He had 20 Receptions so far. Even if he is that good, let him perform first. On the field in a game is a total different thing.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The kid can perform.
It was 25 yards, but yeah, keep up the man love lol.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember Dunn from the Chiefs used to be top notch. Are we talking best two way guys or the guys who are sent out there strictly for the blocking?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In what world was Tony G ever a good blocker? I realize he's improved, but early on he was basically Antonio Gates. He was split out at least half of all downs, including running downs, and back in the day you would continually hear references to his shoddy blocking.

This is a case of severe revisionist history if you ask me.

As for the best blocking TEs right now, KC Joyner keeps track of this in his Scientific Football books. I don't know what last year's numbers say, but at this point I would say the top 5 would look something like this:

Graham
Manumaleuna
Witten
Kleinsasser
H. Miller

A few years ago Kyle Brady was easily the best in the league. He would regularly demolish LBs and safeties in the run game.

Keep an eye on Pettigrew and Bennett over the next few years. They could be moving into the conversation.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeah I was gonna say Kyle Brady but he's like 50 now. But in his day, the man was like another OL on the field.

Speaking of 2 way TEs, Visante Shincaoe is an overlooked name. The guy can block with the best of em, and has really picked it up in the pass game lately.

I can make an argument that he always had the potential with the Vikings, but was held back by terrible qb play. But Im curious to see how he performs this year.

Keep an eye on my boy Zach Miller too. The guy is a beast who's handcuffed by a terrible offense.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Keep an eye on my boy Zach Miller too. The guy is a beast who's handcuffed by a terrible offense.
Miller is outstanding in Oakland, one of my favorite young players in the game.

I wish Buffalo had anyone that could be even considered good at blocking. You'd think we would at least have someone good at catching for this to be a problem. Come on, Nelson!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I wish Buffalo had anyone that could be even considered good at blocking. You'd think we would at least have someone good at catching for this to be a problem. Come on, Nelson!
I'm afraid Nelson will be great at both phases, but exceptional in none. We'll have to see. Nice TD grab in the last game, though.