Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Which Quarterback would you rather have?
Donovan McNabb 33 75.00%
Eli Manning 11 25.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2009, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB rating is garbage. Let's refrain from using it.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
QB rating is garbage. Let's refrain from using it.
Quoted for truth QB rating is the worst stat ever.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea, QB rating for the loss. i'm not a fan of it.

But still, if you wanna talk clutch, Donovan's clutch, no doubt about it. But Eli's done some pretty clutch things. You can't possibly take away the last drive of the Super Bowl away from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Quoted for truth QB rating is the worst stat ever.
Yup Jason Campbell's QB rating through last year is perfect evidence to this.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
yea, QB rating for the loss. i'm not a fan of it.

But still, if you wanna talk clutch, Donovan's clutch, no doubt about it. But Eli's done some pretty clutch things. You can't possibly take away the last drive of the Super Bowl away from him.
Wait... wat?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 08-20-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wait... wat?
perhaps not in the postseason, but McNabb's come up clutch throughout his career. He's driven mediocre offenses down the field and scored. He was totez anti-clutch in the Super Bowl and the whole puking thing, but I would say McNabb's clutch.

He's not nearly as clutch as Eli, but McNabb's had his fair share of clutch moments.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that the QB rating isn't the greatest but if we are judging their individual performances, you can't go by wins an losses because the game is determined by much more than one person. The QB rating just shows that individually, Eli and Donovan have not performed all that differently in the playoffs. Despite one of them having a ring.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
I agree that the QB rating isn't the greatest but if we are judging their individual performances, you can't go by wins an losses because the game is determined by much more than one person. The QB rating just shows that individually, Eli and Donovan have not performed all that differently in the playoffs. Despite one of them having a ring.
well, that and Eli was able to keep his lunch in his stomach :D

but no, they've preformed a lot differently, based on said ring and Eli's last drive of the Super Bowl. QB rating goes up a lot with TD passes, which Eli didn't have many of due to when we get inside the 10, we've got this guy who's the size of a linebacker who likes goal line touches.
Quote:
Old 08-20-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Ha i love the neg rep from giants fans. Just my opinion.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Ha i love the neg rep from giants fans. Just my opinion.
no, people hate on Eli all the time with their opinion. You gave no reason just said that he looked unathletic and was a joke. god forbid you actually give reason or anything and not be one of the stereotypical cowboys fan that's an ignorant fool.
Quote:
Old 08-30-2009, 02:20 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli IMO is a game manager par excellence who is capable of brief moments of brilliance( see Giants SB run), but he needs a big WR to catch those jump balls and an elite running game in order for him to be successful.

Without a QB with Donovan's skill set, there is no offense in Philly for the last 10 years. In most seasons, especially early in his career, McNabb WAS the offense. Except for T.O. and Stallworth, his WRs as a whole have been garbage, his RBs forgettable. It's just been him and Jim Johnson riding herd on the D, that's it.

If McNabb had the Giants running game and their current WRs, I think Donovan would have an inside track to winning his first SB.

Eli's value primarily is exclusive to the Giants because he's their starting QB, but I can't imagine too many situations in the NFL where Eli would dramatically improve an average to good team's standing with his presence alone.
Would he make the Cowboys a better team? Possibly.
He'd make the Skins a solid playoff contender because their WR corps is vastly underrated.

I'm still amazed by the amount of clutch plays Eli made in the Giants SB run, and for those who give him minimal credit for the upset of the Patriots weren't watching the game closely.

Eli is a good QB.
Donovan McNabb is, (or was for most of his career), a special QB.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Eli IMO is a game manager par excellence who is capable of brief moments of brilliance( see Giants SB run), but he needs a big WR to catch those jump balls and an elite running game in order for him to be successful.

Without a QB with Donovan's skill set, there is no offense in Philly for the last 10 years. In most seasons, especially early in his career, McNabb WAS the offense. Except for T.O. and Stallworth, his WRs as a whole have been garbage, his RBs forgettable. It's just been him and Jim Johnson riding herd on the D, that's it.

If McNabb had the Giants running game and their current WRs, I think Donovan would have an inside track to winning his first SB.

Eli's value primarily is exclusive to the Giants because he's their starting QB, but I can't imagine too many situations in the NFL where Eli would dramatically improve an average to good team's standing with his presence alone.
Would he make the Cowboys a better team? Possibly.
He'd make the Skins a solid playoff contender because their WR corps is vastly underrated.

I'm still amazed by the amount of clutch plays Eli made in the Giants SB run, and for those who give him minimal credit for the upset of the Patriots weren't watching the game closely.
Westbrook is a better RB than McNabb is a QB IMHO problem comes when you don't use your RB at all. He was more talented than Edge in their prime.

Quote:
Eli is a good QB.
Donovan McNabb is, (or was for most of his career), was an injured QB.
Fixed that for you.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 08-30-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Westbrook is a better RB than McNabb is a QB IMHO problem comes when you don't use your RB at all. He was more talented than Edge in their prime.

Fixed that for you.
We get it, you hate McNabb. Stop trying to discredit everything hes done in his career, which is a lot more than most QB's can say, based off of your hate.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
We get it, you hate McNabb. Stop trying to discredit everything hes done in his career, which is a lot more than most QB's can say, based off of your hate.
That was more props to Westbrook than hate on McNabb. Unless you were talking about the second part which is 100% true.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 08-30-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Eli is a good QB.

Fixed that for you.
That's cute, but did I ask you to insert your opinion over mine??

If you think McNabb is more injury-prone than he is talented, then you post it.
Don't cannibalize mine.

And how bizarre is it to critique McNabb for his injury history but then to give Westbrook, one of the most brittle RBs in the pros, a pass on the same argument??

Westbrook is an all-purpose/3rd down RB, but his injuries have prevented the Eagles from having a consistent running game.

Mcnabb carries the Eagles on offense, not Westbrook.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 08-30-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's cute, but did I ask you to insert your opinion over mine??

If you think McNabb is more injury-prone than he is talented, then you post it.
Don't cannibalize mine.
WTF are you talking about?

Quote:
And how bizarre is it to critique McNabb for his injury history but then to give Westbrook, one of the most brittle RBs in the pros, a pass on the same argument??
Because he is a RB by the nature of the game RBs get injured more often. This is a league that has multiple rules to keep QBs from getting injured.

Quote:
Westbrook is an all-purpose/3rd down RB, but his injuries have prevented the Eagles from having a consistent running game.

Mcnabb carries the Eagles on offense, not Westbrook.

Yet when the Eagles give Westbrook touches they win games.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 08-30-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

broth223 'wrote'
Quote:Eli is a good QB.

Fixed that for you.

I wrote originally;

Eli is a good QB.

Dude, no one asked you to change special to injured, that's what I was talking about.

Don't put my words in your mouth.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
broth223 'wrote'

Fixed that for you.

I wrote originally;

Eli is a good QB.

Dude, no one asked you to change special to injured, that's what I was talking about.

LOL people do that all the time on these boards. Better get use to it.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 08-30-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Yeah, and people rob little old women all the time too, doesn't make it right!!LOL

And who else besides you broth223 thinks Westbrook is a better RB than McNabb is a QB??

Based on what??

I'm from the DC Metro area and Westbrook couldn't even get a scholarship to play football from ANY school in the Big East or ACC when he graduated from DeMatha HS.

He's good, versatile WCO RB but he's not durable in the least.
I'm not saying he's overrated because few RBs in the pros can do what he does as well as he does, but he's far from more valuable than McNabb is as a QB.

The reason the Eagles offense suffers when he's not playing is because the Eagles have absolutely, (except for maybe this yer), minimal depth at RB.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For this year? McNabb easy....
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Choco party, good good.

I'm sorry, what were you saying?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, and people rob little old women all the time too, doesn't make it right!!LOL

And who else besides you broth223 thinks Westbrook is a better RB than McNabb is a QB??

Based on what??

I'm from the DC Metro area and Westbrook couldn't even get a scholarship to play football from ANY school in the Big East or ACC when he graduated from DeMatha HS.

He's good, versatile WCO RB but he's not durable in the least.
I'm not saying he's overrated because few RBs in the pros can do what he does as well as he does, but he's far from more valuable than McNabb is as a QB.

The reason the Eagles offense suffers when he's not playing is because the Eagles have absolutely, (except for maybe this yer), minimal depth at RB.

I will get to that later. but right now life = ficked up

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 08-31-2009, 06:25 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
broth223 'wrote'

Fixed that for you.

I wrote originally;

Eli is a good QB.

Dude, don't worry about it. We all know what he did and that you didnt mean what he said. It really isn't a big deal. Stealing purses from old ladies however, is a big deal.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote