Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-28-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone on the Bengals message board seriously just implied we should pass on Trent Richardson if he is there for a RB by committee found later in the draft.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Someone on the Bengals message board seriously just implied we should pass on Trent Richardson if he is there for a RB by committee found later in the draft.
It was probably Mike Brown, or Marvin Lewis.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm typically against RBs in the first round for a variety of reasons I won't get into here, but Trent Richardson in the late teens miiiiiight just be acceptable.

Store brand tuna noodle grinds my gears. I wasted a can of my good albacore on it. I am disappoint.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not sure what is outrageous about that... as far as I know he doesn't have a criminal record, which for the Bengals would be the equivalent of someone running a 5+ 40 time to the Raiders, on top of that, you guys have plenty of needs outside of RB that could also use addressing but mainly... criminal record not present.

Women in the workplace... I'm sure I've posted here before but our air con is "patchy" at best, but the women who get to wear whatever the hell the want(read a skirt and singlet with open shoes) always complain because it is cold whilst the guys who are forced to wear professional attire(read long sleeve shirt, ties, long pants, closed shoes) have to sweat our rings off, when the obvious solution to everyone but them is for them to just bring a jacket/jumper or anything else to work and put it on...

But it would be sexist to imply that they are irrational idiots so you have to just sit there in the pool of sweat /rant

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Not sure what is outrageous about that... as far as I know he doesn't have a criminal record, which for the Bengals would be the equivalent of someone running a 5+ 40 time to the Raiders, on top of that, you guys have plenty of needs outside of RB that could also use addressing but mainly... criminal record not present.

Women in the workplace... I'm sure I've posted here before but our air con is "patchy" at best, but the women who get to wear whatever the hell the want(read a skirt and singlet with open shoes) always complain because it is cold whilst the guys who are forced to wear professional attire(read long sleeve shirt, ties, long pants, closed shoes) have to sweat our rings off, when the obvious solution to everyone but them is for them to just bring a jacket/jumper or anything else to work and put it on...

But it would be sexist to imply that they are irrational idiots so you have to just sit there in the pool of sweat /rant
That is my every god damn day at work. I just naturally run warmer than most people anyway, so what is comfortable to most people is usually too warm for me. But that makes everything so much worse...

A woman's "logic" in general grinds my gears. I'm starting to realize that it's not something that I'll ever, ever understand.

For example, here is an argument I had a little bit back with two of my female coworkers.

Somehow the discussion turned to birth control. I said something along the lines of "if I was a woman, I'd absolutely be on the pill even if I wasn't having sex. It's protection 'just in case' and helps with other things too."

To which one replied: "Yeah, but it's so expensive."

And I rebutted: "It's a lot less expensive than a kid though. I mean, a months worth of birth control pills probably costs less than $50 I'll bet. A kid costs much, much, much more than that. Right?" (I turned to my other female coworker who does have a kid for verification.)

Coworker with a kid: "Yeah, birth control is really expensive."

She just ignored everything I said and those two went on saying how guys should just always wear condoms or something. I felt my points were entirely logical, reasonable and based completely within common sense...and they just ignored them as if I didn't say anything at all.

Also, "but you have to" or "that's just how it is" arguments. I'll point out how stupid, pointless, annoying, etc. something that women do is, to which they'll reply with one of those statements instead of making any real argument.

I can't grasp it and that bothers me. I couldn't live my life based off doing things "just because." Everything I do has some sort of logic behind it. Occasionally I find out that it's faulty logic, but at least it was thought out.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
That is my every god damn day at work. I just naturally run warmer than most people anyway, so what is comfortable to most people is usually too warm for me. But that makes everything so much worse...

A woman's "logic" in general grinds my gears. I'm starting to realize that it's not something that I'll ever, ever understand.

For example, here is an argument I had a little bit back with two of my female coworkers.

Somehow the discussion turned to birth control. I said something along the lines of "if I was a woman, I'd absolutely be on the pill even if I wasn't having sex. It's protection 'just in case' and helps with other things too."

To which one replied: "Yeah, but it's so expensive."

And I rebutted: "It's a lot less expensive than a kid though. I mean, a months worth of birth control pills probably costs less than $50 I'll bet. A kid costs much, much, much more than that. Right?" (I turned to my other female coworker who does have a kid for verification.)

Coworker with a kid: "Yeah, birth control is really expensive."

She just ignored everything I said and those two went on saying how guys should just always wear condoms or something. I felt my points were entirely logical, reasonable and based completely within common sense...and they just ignored them as if I didn't say anything at all.

Also, "but you have to" or "that's just how it is" arguments. I'll point out how stupid, pointless, annoying, etc. something that women do is, to which they'll reply with one of those statements instead of making any real argument.

I can't grasp it and that bothers me. I couldn't live my life based off doing things "just because." Everything I do has some sort of logic behind it. Occasionally I find out that it's faulty logic, but at least it was thought out.
That's because a lot of women either are too dumb or too lazy to have an original thought. Those "just because" arguments are just an excuse because they don't have an reason to actually have that opinion. Obviously this **** pisses me (and I'm sure every other sane male) off as well. But don't ever, EVER make the mistake of verbalizing that after a woman says something like that. Then you're just an ignorant asshole... more "woman logic" for you, lol...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Problem is we are hindered by our need to be logical where as women will not let a silly thing like logic hinder their argument. They're in it for distance and irritation.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
That's because a lot of women either are too dumb or too lazy to have an original thought. Those "just because" arguments are just an excuse because they don't have an reason to actually have that opinion. Obviously this **** pisses me (and I'm sure every other sane male) off as well. But don't ever, EVER make the mistake of verbalizing that after a woman says something like that. Then you're just an ignorant asshole... more "woman logic" for you, lol...
But if you contest the "just because" argument, it's because you are sexist. If you try to introduce logic to that argument, or even just ask a question out of your own curiosity (not even arguing or trying to involve yourself), you are a sexist and they win the argument. Everything after that is irrelevant, because you are a sexist.

But back to BBs point, my office has the dumbest set up for ventilation. Our office is set up so that 75% of it is an open floor, with offices around the outside. The control for heat/air is not out on the floor, but in the individual offices. Not only that, but the control in one office will be for two adjacent offices plus the area outside the office.

So, the control for my area is in the office where half the wall is facing outside in the winter (so no real insulation) and the guy is natrually cold blooded and gets cold easily. So because he gets cold in his office, he cranks up the heat, which also cranks up the heat in our area where it's quite comfortable because we aren't right up against a window and have a lot of people giving off body heat.

I'm naturally warm blooded and if I had my way would sit and work in 60 degrees (maybe high 50s). So when the heat gets cranked up to like 75-80, I'm pissed. ******* brand new office, design that **** so it makes sense and not as cheap as possible.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
But if you contest the "just because" argument, it's because you are sexist. If you try to introduce logic to that argument, or even just ask a question out of your own curiosity (not even arguing or trying to involve yourself), you are a sexist and they win the argument. Everything after that is irrelevant, because you are a sexist.
I wasn't accused of being sexist, but an "ignorant asshole". (could be synonyms in woman logic).

I really, really wanted to turn that around and just say something like "So the person who doesn't have an original thought about anything and just spits back whatever they hear is calling ME ignorant?!" But I figured since I don't stick my dick in this ***** on occasion, and have no wishes to, and there was a chick there who I wish to at one point put my dick inside on occasion, I'd just let it go and let her figure out for herself how ******** she was.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I keep my apartment around 65 degrees and wear gym shorts and a t-shirt year round. Like, right now, I don't even have my heat on. I'm on the ground level with two apartments on both sides and one above me. I'm sure they all have their heat blast because, unless I open up the door, it hovers around 70...which is warmer than in the summer when I just blast my AC 24/7.

And did I mention how my own heat isn't even on?

I used to freeze out my roommates because of the way I am. They'd complain it was cold but I'd just tell them to put on a sweatshirt or something because I didn't want to roast to death.

That worked 3 of the 4 years...but the year I lived with 2 girls was awful. Just awful. I had to live there in a constant temperature of like 80 degrees. Horrible. And they weren't even good for doing "girl stuff" like housework.

I think I'm pretty clean for a guy...I don't know that the cleanliness of my apartment right now would please my mom, but it beats the hell out of any other guy my age's place I've ever been. But those girls were ******* useless that year. (It should be noted I lived with them as a backup plan because my previous roommate decided he was dropping out of school for a year WHILE we were apartment hunting...)

I remember before I moved in, my mom gave me this long speech about how I should do my part and not make them do all of the cleaning. Ha. They barely did a god damn thing. I'd do the dishes, and then those two would argue that it was other one's turn...so the dishes didn't get done until I needed something we were out of, forcing me to do them again.

Thank god for weed and the fact that one of them was hot. It was the only reason I tolerated it.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

You should've told them that they either turn the thermostat down, or you walk around naked to stay cool.

Bitches *love* ultimatums...

Old 02-29-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was my experience living through college that girls are just as messy, if not messier, than guys.

Whereas guys will let **** sit out because they are lazy, usually we will make an effort to clean up after the weekend or by like Tuesday/Wednesday. A lot of the girls I knew we would go over to their place, and they would just leave the trash piled up in a corner because they didn't want to walk 20 feet to the dumpster. Or they just leave gross ass **** laying around EVERYWHERE. With guys, it will be like beer cans/beer, leftover food, maybe some random trash, but we usually have enough decency to not leave like used condoms laying on a table in the living room. With girls, it's either they clean everything or NOTHING. I couldn't believe it when I started living on my own.

Also, I got really lucky in school that my frosh year my roommate was from Minnesota, so it was December out and we left our window open 24/7. Come home, lounge in shorts/tshirt. Put on sweatpants or sweatshirt if chilly. Go to bed, wrap up in blankets and sleep in blissful cold air. Never think about ever shutting the window. Same thing for next 3 years...glorious.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When people come into my work they have to fill out some paper work if it is their first time visiting the clinic. Its just one sheet, fill out info in the front, disclaimers and what legal stuff in the back and requires 2 signatures. One in the front and one in the back.

Now I can understand when people miss the back signature, even when I tell them as I hand them the gtdamn clipboard to sign both sides. But it really chaps my ass when the idiots don't sign either side. How do you miss.....Patient Signature:____________________

Also pisses me off when they don't even listen to what I say and leave me hanging and then fill out the form the wrong way and I have to fix their mistakes. People can be so gtdamn stupid.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-03-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When my credit card company calls me just to tell me that there is no problems with my account. THEN WHY ARE YOU ******* CALLING ME?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

The fact that I have not one person in my office to talk sports with without having to walk away after 2 minutes because I'm scared I'm going to call them a moron.

I just listened to two guys say that the Bulls should trade Noah + Boozer/Taj Gibson for Tim Duncan. I wasn't even involved in the conversation and I had to get up from my desk and walk away.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

You know what grinds my gears, you sit down for dinner, and it seems like every ***** that breathes decides NOW is a brilliant time to start talking about vomit. *****, I just started eating, I don't want to hear about that ****, let alone the detail in which you're going into. What happened to the classy broads? Ha

Old 03-06-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The fact that I have not one person in my office to talk sports with without having to walk away after 2 minutes because I'm scared I'm going to call them a moron.

I just listened to two guys say that the Bulls should trade Noah + Boozer/Taj Gibson for Tim Duncan. I wasn't even involved in the conversation and I had to get up from my desk and walk away.
I pretend to know nothing about sports at work.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I pretend to know nothing about sports at work.
That's pretty much what I have to do. Every once in a while someone makes such an idiotic or untruthful comment, that I need to say something. I usually regret it immediately afterwards.

Like the time my coworker tried to convince me that the Pirates almost made the World Series in the late 90s but lost to the Braves in 6 or 7 games in the NLCS. When I told him the Pirates haven't made the playoffs in like 20 years, and that he was probably thinking the early 90s, he maintained that it was like 97 or 98 that they had a good team. I'm just forced to accept the argument, and hope my silence prevents any further discussion.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

My coworkers piss me off all the time when they start talking about the Lakers....they're effing retards.

Only person I can talk to about any sport is the security guard and only about soccer lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-06-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's pretty much what I have to do. Every once in a while someone makes such an idiotic or untruthful comment, that I need to say something. I usually regret it immediately afterwards.
I have walked out of our lunch room numerous times to avoid having to listen to uneducated sports discussion. The worst, however, are the male students I teach. They just regurgitate ESPN.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I have walked out of our lunch room numerous times to avoid having to listen to uneducated sports discussion. The worst, however, are the male students I teach. They just regurgitate ESPN.
I assure you it is worse at the MS level.

They are broken records who just spout profanities if you are not a fan of the same team they are.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what sucks is that I plan on being a basketball coach when I'm a teacher so I can't feign ignorance in sports.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Rare gear grinding aversion.

There are a bunch of huge, flat screen TVs on the walls where I work. They're normally set to crap channels like Fox News, Fox News in HD, PCN And the local access channel that seriously shows nothing but town council meetings.

And these are pretty tightly controlled by our upper management...but it looks like someone set one of them to the Big 10 Network, and they're showing a replay of the Nebraska/Northwestern game. Sweet. There's no sound, but I don't recall who won this game so it's like watching a live game.

Sweet.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Rare gear grinding aversion.

There are a bunch of huge, flat screen TVs on the walls where I work. They're normally set to crap channels like Fox News, Fox News in HD, PCN And the local access channel that seriously shows nothing but town council meetings.

And these are pretty tightly controlled by our upper management...but it looks like someone set one of them to the Big 10 Network, and they're showing a replay of the Nebraska/Northwestern game. Sweet. There's no sound, but I don't recall who won this game so it's like watching a live game.

Sweet.
I work in the treasury department for my company, and my boss has been trying to get a tv for his office so that he can "keep up on the market and foreign currencies." Of course, he already does this with a little thing called the internet. But he really wants to get a tv so that we can throw on March Madness while having "meetings."

Our office has one TV out in the reception area, and it's usually on like CNN or MSNBC. I generally don't have a problem with that, except every mouthbreather in the office will stop and watch a story about how some one got arrested or some one died. They then use that as an excuse to force current events conversations on people.

If there's a close 2nd place to ignorant people talking sports that grinds my gears, it's people pretending to be all knowledgable to current events by just watching 2 mins of a news clip and saying how it's the fault of the media, government, spaghetti monsters, etc.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How it takes some minor obscure event to raise gas prices through the roof and then takes what seems like forever for them to come down.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote