Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-26-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thread about Tropical System Isaac grinds my gears, and a few of the comments in it.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
2. Co-workers who assume that because I am better at a particular task than they are, that it must be part of my job-description to help them, and that they have the right to waste my time by discussing the issue in depth with me.
"I CANT GET X TO WORK ON MY COMPUTER!" then I spend 2-10 minutes of my time fixing something for them that should not have occurred had they properly FOLLOWED ******* DIRECTIONS.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, I have no problem helping anyone for any reason given they ask politely. What grinds my gears is the guy who comes in and accuses me of not doing my job because I have to tell him I have no time to drop everything and come help him.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Oh, I have no problem helping anyone for any reason given they ask politely. What grinds my gears is the guy who comes in and accuses me of not doing my job because I have to tell him I have no time to drop everything and come help him.
Hmm, I'm just too nice because my department has, like, two people who knows how to use a computer... I am one of those two.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
The thread about Tropical System Isaac grinds my gears, and a few of the comments in it.
what comments specifically?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
what comments specifically?
I'm assuming one of the politically incorrect ones.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:41 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has been brought up before but when a bicycle rider uses the road when there is a bike path right next to him.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'm assuming one of the politically incorrect ones.
The fact that it seems like people are making way too big of a deal about it, the comments by a few people who seem like they think they know what they are talking about when talking about predictions and ****.

Basically, there are a lot of comments from people in there that are full of ****. I'm not going to call people out, but it are more than a few posts in there that are flat out wrong, or are misleading, or mis-use information, etc.

The fact that it is even being compared to Katrina at this point (particularly when the thread was made) makes me want to freak the **** out as well.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if this has been brought up before but when a bicycle rider uses the road when there is a bike path right next to him.
When they do that **** I get close as possible and tell them to google Darwinism.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The fact that it seems like people are making way too big of a deal about it, the comments by a few people who seem like they think they know what they are talking about when talking about predictions and ****.

Basically, there are a lot of comments from people in there that are full of ****. I'm not going to call people out, but it are more than a few posts in there that are flat out wrong, or are misleading, or mis-use information, etc.

The fact that it is even being compared to Katrina at this point (particularly when the thread was made) makes me want to freak the **** out as well.
It's taking an almost identical path as Katrina and will likely hit New Orleans on the same day (August 29th). Of course it will be compared to Katrina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
It's taking an almost identical path as Katrina and will likely hit New Orleans on the same day (August 29th). Of course it will be compared to Katrina.
Katrina was taking a much more northward track, where as this is more north and west, the path, though making landfall in the same region, is far from identical, and isn't even really similar if you compare the two, honestly. With the way the models are indicating right now, if anything, Isaac's path looks like its center will move more west as well, and if the center comes onshore over the Mississippi Delta and Wetlands area of Louisiana like I expect, not only will the most intense part (of a much weaker storm) be over a much less populated area, but the surge going into the mouth of the Mississippi near New Orleans will be much less. And like I said in the other post, since the storm is taking a more northwestward path, the center won't be to the northeast of New Orleans like it was with Katrina. That caused northern winds to push the Mississippi over and through the levees more than the storm surge itself. Look back at the structure of Katrina, that storm was a picture perfect Hurricane, it had symmetry, organization, and bulk and was huge. Outside of being a large system, Isaac has none of those traits and is a much lesser threat than Katrina.

The biggest threats with Isaac are the long duration of heavy rains and wind. Low lying area will probably flood, I won't doubt that, but by now the people who know they are susceptible to flooding should know what they have to do, whether its setting up sandbags and a sump pump or packing up and leaving, it shouldn't be anywhere near the impact Katrina has had and continues to have on the area. This storm will be over and people will forget about it relatively soon and then go back to working on the impacts of Katrina. (I'm talking on a national scale here, not saying its right or wrong)

Old 08-27-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously? You come in here to complain about an argument in another thread and now you pull it in with you?

Go back to arguing about your storm elsewhere. I like to come here to get away from weather talk, not hear more asinine opinions of it.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Seriously? You come in here to complain about an argument in another thread and now you pull it in with you?

Go back to arguing about your storm elsewhere. I like to come here to get away from weather talk, not hear more asinine opinions of it.
I can grind my gears anywhere BB, you should know this, you are the same way, haha.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can grind my gears anywhere BB, you should know this, you are the same way, haha.
But now you're just being a huge hypocrite, which I very much do not approve of.

Go do your weather babble elsewhere. I get enough of it at work.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
But now you're just being a huge hypocrite, which I very much do not approve of.

Go do your weather babble elsewhere. I get enough of it at work.
Ehh, not so much hypocrite, as lazy and replying to JR in the thread he commented in instead of transferring it there.

I didn't even think about the whole weather thing, you probably hear it all the ******* time, Easy to have the friction applied to the gears there.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Ehh, not so much hypocrite, as lazy and replying to JR in the thread he commented in instead of transferring it there.

I didn't even think about the whole weather thing, you probably hear it all the ******* time, Easy to have the friction applied to the gears there.
It gets very, very annoying. Hurricanes and winter storms were the bane of my existence for a while there where I was in customer service. Now I play on our mobile apps all day, so they don't affect my job as much but I still hear about it all...damn...day...
Old 08-27-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It gets very, very annoying. Hurricanes and winter storms were the bane of my existence for a while there where I was in customer service. Now I play on our mobile apps all day, so they don't affect my job as much but I still hear about it all...damn...day...
We got a lot of rain here this morning. I had to use an umbrella.

ELLA

ELLA

AY

AY

AY

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mother ******* who climb into people's second story apartments and rob them of their xbox 360, dozen best games(including madden 13), watch, and wallet, who then break into their vehicle and rummage through everything before poking a hole in my back tire. Those people grind my gears.

I actually live in an awesome apartment too. I hate people.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did this person know which car was yours? Any chance you know the person that did this?

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-31-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Wow, that's about as ****** as it gets.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any chance they were caught on a surveillance camera?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's why I got out of my 2nd floor apartment in Jamaica as soon as I possibly could.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
That's why I got out of my 2nd floor apartment in Jamaica as soon as I possibly could.
You lived in Jamaica?

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-31-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
You lived in Jamaica?
Jamaica, Queens.....not the island. Damn good Caribbean food though
Old 08-31-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ew, jamaica. worst subway/train/whatever stop ever.
Tell me about it. Fortunately, that wasn't my subway stop. I did live damn close to
it though. Jamaica station has no redeeming qualities.