Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-23-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
What are you talking about? We had Jonas Brothers, Miley Cirus, Justin Bieber, Backstreet Boys, N*Sync, and many other awesome artists who are also completely devoid of any musical talent!
HEY! Bieber can moonwalk and sort of play instruments. Plus you just mentioned Pop acts. Of course they are going to be dreadfully tacky, they are only supposed to be catchy. Hence why $ (Ke$ha) is relevant and how I won tickets to The Last Girl On Earth tour via radio call-in.

It's what happened to what people think of rock music that is a bigger travesty.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Injuries that aren't *quite* bad enough for surgery, but cause a large amount of pain when you play on with them. I have Patellar Tendonitis in my right knee and having played 7 games of football (soccer) in 11 days, I'm damn well gonna make it bad enough that I need surgery ha.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Hence why $ (Ke$ha) is relevant and how I won tickets to The Last Girl On Earth tour via radio call-in.

It's what happened to what people think of rock music that is a bigger travesty.
Speaking of which, did you guys see that Ke$ha's song Tik Tok and Katy Perry's song California Gurls were created by the same music producer and they are, basically, the same song? They change the pitches of the voice and of course the lyrics, but the lapses and beats and everything else pretty much stays the same.

There are tons of videos on this on youtube.

Check out this remix of both:

w

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All Dr. Luke songs sound the same. Listen to Halo by Beyonce and Already Gone by Kelly Clarkson, both written by Ryan Tedder (dude from OneRepublic). That's even worse in terms of similiarity.

Hell there really are only 4 producers in pop so everything is interchangeable. J.R. Rotem produced that annoying Replay song, every DeRulo song and Sean Kingston as well as wrote Disturbia by Rihanna.

**** sucks but it's so damn catchy.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Katy Perry is so ******* hot.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What are you talking about? We had Jonas Brothers, Miley Cirus, Justin Bieber, Backstreet Boys, N*Sync, and many other awesome artists who are also completely devoid of any musical talent!
LMAO at the sarcasm but I agree.

At Least the 90s had the last gasp of talented folk rock with the Grungies, the late great heroin (& Courtney Love) casualty Kurt Cobain, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Eddie Vedder, even Toad the Wet Sprocket & Gin Blossoms (who are contrary to popular belief not the same group), etc. A few folk or hard rock vestiges still around with like the Killers, & a few good groups from the UK like Coldplay, Radiohead or maybe Snow Patrol, but other than that the 2000s decade s/b canceled due to lack of talent....... end of pop music critique rant.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
How much can you really know about yourself if you've never gotten into a fight.
Is this a statement or a question? (I actually got the reference, btw.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
That is why you just mind your business and don't talk ****
This is pretty much the best policy when interacting with the world.

If I may, here's my two cents on the fighting discussion: like Prock said, the one things that irritates me is when someone takes a situation, like an argument or heated discussion, where there is no need for physical violence and resorts to that.

Frankly, I can't say I've ever been in a real fight. Closest thing I ever got to a fight was in high school. Some dude who was in that popular crowd said some **** to me in the hall once (I think he was just trying to look like an alpha male/cool guy or some **** like that) and it wasnt the first time he had done that to me, so, without warning, I kicked him in the stomach. I'm talkin' a full-on front kick directly to the stomach. I think it caught pretty much everyone off guard, certainly that guy was surprised. I got in a lot of trouble and he tried to fight me once or twice after that, but I think he was too stupid to learn his lesson.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Katy Perry is so ******* hot.
Mmmmmmmmm.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know a kid who lies out of his ass because he wants to feel better about himself and he always acts like he has the hardest life and is extremely cocky for no reason, all traits that most definitely grind my gears
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I call these people "One Uppers". No matter what you have done, they have done it better, faster, more often, paid less, paid more, what have you. My neighbor is one. They grind my gears as well.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Injuries that aren't *quite* bad enough for surgery, but cause a large amount of pain when you play on with them. I have Patellar Tendonitis in my right knee and having played 7 games of football (soccer) in 11 days, I'm damn well gonna make it bad enough that I need surgery ha.
I had that for 2 years, not fun during wrestling season.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I call these people "One Uppers". No matter what you have done, they have done it better, faster, more often, paid less, paid more, what have you. My neighbor is one. They grind my gears as well.
The RoundUp one?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My neighbor is one. They grind my gears as well.
do something extreme, so he'll be forced to top it.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Oh god, my favorites are the elitist hipsters. "I liked it before it was popular". "I love their old stuff so much more before they sold out".

And it's always to something ridiculous. Like Taylor Swift or The Shins.

I bet Zach Braff is one of them.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kids who tell me they hustle for their money especially when they live in a million dollar house and their dad pays for their drug addiction.
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:56 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Speaking of which, did you guys see that Ke$ha's song Tik Tok and Katy Perry's song California Gurls were created by the same music producer and they are, basically, the same song? They change the pitches of the voice and of course the lyrics, but the lapses and beats and everything else pretty much stays the same.

There are tons of videos on this on youtube.

Check out this remix of both:

w
haha Yet everyone likes California "Gurls" because they think Katy Perry is hot.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:17 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really annoys me when people, let's say, embellish a story. What may be a pretty funny story has to be hilarious because of a few added in points. I have a friend who does this all the time, it's like "I was there. Stop bullshitting"

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:19 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

katy perry is hot. I like "I Kissed a Girl" for obv reasons, also it is a pretty catchy song. Otherwise I hate her music.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

working 6 days a week grinds my gears
Old 07-24-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
do something extreme, so he'll be forced to top it.
I let him see the pictures of when I met President Clinton while he was at Ft. Polk; we've hardly spoken in over a year.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate substitute teachers who are on power trips.

back in my HS days I had a sub for gym. We all met at this empty classroom and we were to watch hoosiers w/ Gene Hackman. We werent going to do a graded assignment just watch hoosiers. Well I had to cut weight for this wrestling match the next day, my coach said I will give u a note saying I need you to help set up and you can come cut weight. I give this sub the note but she wouldnt let me leave. I said "mr.jones needs me to help him out with this, here is the note he wrote." she then yelled "IDC sit down."
Old 07-24-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I let him see the pictures of when I met President Clinton while he was at Ft. Polk; we've hardly spoken in over a year.
Checkmate, sir.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I hate substitute teachers who are on power trips.

back in my HS days I had a sub for gym. We all met at this empty classroom and we were to watch hoosiers w/ Gene Hackman. We werent going to do a graded assignment just watch hoosiers. Well I had to cut weight for this wrestling match the next day, my coach said I will give u a note saying I need you to help set up and you can come cut weight. I give this sub the note but she wouldnt let me leave. I said "mr.jones needs me to help him out with this, here is the note he wrote." she then yelled "IDC sit down."
You can't possibly imagine the crap subs go through. Let it go. Besides, she did the right thing by not letting you go anywhere where you would be unsupervised. Trust me on this one.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I know subs take a lot of crap, I was never the perfect student during a substitute. but I had the note signed by another teacher, it really pissed me off because when I was cutting weight I was always in a little pissy mood.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
but I had the note signed by another teacher
Any teacher that lets a student do anything unsupervised is asking to get caught up in a tort law-suit. Any sub that accepts a hand written note is doing the same.