Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-24-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fair enough.

CJ JW what is the most ridiculous thing you have had happen in your classroom?
Old 07-24-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK, Here goes.

I went to college to be a P.E. teacher, not an English teacher. So when my Principal told me I was going to teach ELA, I initially thought she was joking. As a student, English was my worst subject. As a 7th grader, I had to take summer school because I failed the class (little did I know then, but that has helped me be a better English teacher than anything else. No kid I teach will ever fail because I sat there and let them - but that is another story). Anyway, my Principal was one tough cookie. She expected the very best out of the teachers and the students. (Just a side note here - the Principal I am speaking of passsed away two years ago. The school I am now at was renamed after her in her honor) So, back to the story. Accord to the state curriculum, I was supposed to teach a unit on poetry. I knew that if I jumped right in talking about iambic pentameter and the works of Rudyard Kipling I would turn off student interest very quickly. I decided to start with letting the kids listen to some rap music and let them see how rap music was essentially poetry. From there, we would discuss what message the song was trying to send. It was an easy way to introduce the unit. So there we are, a class room full of 7th grade students with me leading them through RUN DMC's It's Like That. We were singing and clapping when all of a sudden the door swings open and there is Mrs. Jenkins-Moore, the Principal. I just knew she would be furious and the kids did as well because other than the music from the CD, the class went silent. I thought I was a dead man and wanted to shrink down and hide in the cracks of the floor. To our total dismay, Mrs. Jenkins-Moore starting singing and clapping right along with the song. Our jaws hit the floor, because we had never seen her "let loose" like that before. I guess you had to be there for that to be funny, and there are certainly some moments I have shared with my class that were memorable (9/11, Obama swearing in ceremony) but as far as ridiculous goes, that one certainly stands out.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

grandpa cj, tell us about the worst student you've had!

we should have a cj storytime thread.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pointless Facebook status' such as "Watching TV" and then 15 people "liking" it. I don't know why but it grinds my gears.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
You can't possibly imagine the crap subs go through. Let it go. Besides, she did the right thing by not letting you go anywhere where you would be unsupervised. Trust me on this one.
Indeed. I had one sub who I assume must have been driven to such dire straights that he showed up to my class tripping on mushrooms.

That was a fun class.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great story CJ.

We should just make a bad student thread, I have stories about this one crazy Mofo. I doubt anyone could top it.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my cousin is facebook chatting with me and has no idea that I hate her

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pics of cousin or GTFO

Old 07-24-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
my cousin is facebook chatting with me and has no idea that I hate her
Tap that ****.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Tap that ****.
Not that you dont know this already, but you are a horrible human being. As for CJ, well I think we all know what kind of person he is.

No, I kid, I dont really hate her so much as I see her as being the typical college student who annoyed the crap out of me when I was in college.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
As for CJ, well I think we all know what kind of person he is.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People who tack on lol/LOL at the end of something that's not remotely close to funny.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
People who tack on lol/LOL at the end of something that's not remotely close to funny.
That's true lol.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
That's true lol.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"He deserves every penny" - Random person talking about random sports player.

No. He doesn't. I don't give a **** what you do in life, what special talent you may have, nobody in the world deserves multiple millions.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBryant833 View Post
Kids who tell me they hustle for their money especially when they live in a million dollar house and their dad pays for their drug addiction.
Definitely feel you on that. Those kids were the most, um, "profitable" group for me, though.

I enjoyed every cent I received from USD trust fund babies. Especially when I'd be barely making rent, and these brats would be coming up in Benzo's and Beamers as 18 year old college freshmen.

All of them were private-school, trust fund babies who had no idea what the real world was like haha. And as soon as they got out of their parents' reach, they went absolutely ******* wild. I always thought it was weird when they'd start moving large amounts, though. Such a stupid and unnecessary risk when you have that much money, it was really just a status thing for them, I guess.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 07-29-2010 at 10:20 AM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a test yesterday and the person next to me, the person in front of me, and the girl sitting next to him, all had a cold and were sniffling the whole entire time. The guy next to me was the worst. Every 5-10 seconds he would sniffle instead of blowing his nose or breathing out of his mouth. Then when he would do it, the guy in front of me would do it, and then the girl next to him would do it. It was driving me insane. I couldn't concentrate at all.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
No. He doesn't. I don't give a **** what you do in life, what special talent you may have, nobody in the world deserves multiple millions.
O rly? Why is that?
Old 07-29-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
OK, Here goes.

I went to college to be a P.E. teacher, not an English teacher. So when my Principal told me I was going to teach ELA, I initially thought she was joking. As a student, English was my worst subject. As a 7th grader, I had to take summer school because I failed the class (little did I know then, but that has helped me be a better English teacher than anything else. No kid I teach will ever fail because I sat there and let them - but that is another story). Anyway, my Principal was one tough cookie. She expected the very best out of the teachers and the students. (Just a side note here - the Principal I am speaking of passsed away two years ago. The school I am now at was renamed after her in her honor) So, back to the story. Accord to the state curriculum, I was supposed to teach a unit on poetry. I knew that if I jumped right in talking about iambic pentameter and the works of Rudyard Kipling I would turn off student interest very quickly. I decided to start with letting the kids listen to some rap music and let them see how rap music was essentially poetry. From there, we would discuss what message the song was trying to send. It was an easy way to introduce the unit. So there we are, a class room full of 7th grade students with me leading them through RUN DMC's It's Like That. We were singing and clapping when all of a sudden the door swings open and there is Mrs. Jenkins-Moore, the Principal. I just knew she would be furious and the kids did as well because other than the music from the CD, the class went silent. I thought I was a dead man and wanted to shrink down and hide in the cracks of the floor. To our total dismay, Mrs. Jenkins-Moore starting singing and clapping right along with the song. Our jaws hit the floor, because we had never seen her "let loose" like that before. I guess you had to be there for that to be funny, and there are certainly some moments I have shared with my class that were memorable (9/11, Obama swearing in ceremony) but as far as ridiculous goes, that one certainly stands out.

Didn't you say that guy was one of your students as well?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being up 14-6 on Alabama in the 4th quarter of the NC game when my game freezes grinds my gears.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

Didn't you say that guy was one of your students as well?
Hurricane Chris! Sure was. He was a decent enough kid in my class. I can't recall ever having to get onto him for anything except being loud in the halls (go figure, right).

He was in my class the same year Dennis Morris was.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hurricane Chris has to be one of the ugliest rappers of recent memory.

This song is catchy as **** though

Old 07-29-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It grinds my gears that my alma mater has morphed into a bottom-line driven corporation, or more likely a penal institution. Like a prison, it has more in common with one than the #1-ranked grad school in the South arts & sciences world class university it's listed as in those American Colleges Rated catalogs.

Trinity U., San Antonio, has raised their rates to sky high levels & that alone has returned the Rich Kid Trust Fund school reputation to the school. But worse is that they've commanded that all undergraduate students live on campus. This is a big win-win for them. That's b/c they can charge an additional 33% for room & board per student per semester, & b/c (I know the liability attys. had a big input here) they can control every aspect of the students' waking lives. Any "partying" is done under strict chaperoned supervision, no off-campus dates, no cars allowed or off-campus apt. living unless extreme circumstances (like a coed getting pregnant & a shotgun marriage).

They emphasize academics & there's nothing wrong with that, it's so tough to make your grades as a freshman that all entering students are assigned a sr. mentor to shepherd them through it. The tough GPA there is used to justify the control freak administration & the on-campus residencies, very few flunkouts with that kind of control too.

The big thing is that they developed this from surveys taken from the parents, the ones who write the checks, & the no. 1 thing they complained about was their kids partying on their $. This s/b no surprise at all to most of you who are in college now, everywhere I've worked with coworkers with kids in college since graduating they have complained long & loudly about this, whether the kids were making their grades or not or partying or not.

Other consequences of this policy are an almost all-white (no athletic scholarships btw, DIII sports), all-wealthy, all young 18-22 or 23 yrs old student body, almost no local students as San Antonio is a Federal town full of military bases & only <2% of the students there have the $ required to attend even if they have the grades. It also has turned on the $ machine, admins all the way to the President of the U. are spending most of their time raising money instead of teaching as they used to do, the curriculum is leaning toward those lucrative disciplines like business school & finance, & of course engineering (emphasis on petroleum engineering, lots of Texas oil $ donated there).

But with their academic intensity reputation & #1 grad school ranking even though grad degrees are now offered in only Nursing, Education, Hospital Administration & Business (glad I got out with the English MA in the late 70s when the getting was good, they axed all Lib. Arts grad programs by 1985), believe it or not they have one of the longest admissions waiting lists among smaller private American universities, add on the ones waiting for scholarship or financial aid & it's even longer. I can't tell you the no. of eager parents here in CA I've pissed off by refusing to write letters recommending their freshman wannabee kids none of whom I knew so I wouldn't do it, end of story. It figures that >60% of undergraduates who matriculate every Spring do so in debt, some debts well into 6 figures, one helluva burden to hand a graduate as I seen many of you complain about here.

They're using the huge increase in their general fund to hire away trophy profs from Rice & SMU in Texas, + from the Ivy League -- one of the Trinity nicknames it had in the 70s was the Princeton of the Southwest; now the joke on campus is that Princeton is the Trinity of the Northeast. They do to their credit offer many scholarships to lower income families that are targeted to specific lower income areas, race can never be an official issue here but when those areas are East St. Louis, South Chicago, Harlem in NYC, South Central LA, etc. you get the picture, & most of the nonwhites there come from there, but again there is little racial diversity. They have also hired many Latin American profs but Trinity has a long history of educating the ultra-wealthy from Mexico, Panama, Venezuela, etc.

Also on the positive side, their FB program has been great lately since they officially re-entered DIII in the 1990s, winning the SWIC conference 8 times in like 12 yrs, even made it through the DIII playoffs to the NC game 5 yrs. ago but my school drew Mount Union & ran into a buzzsaw, our Tigers got shredded like everybody else who plays them & lost like 48-10. Past few yrs. they have trouble beating Hardin Simmons & Texas Lutheran, maybe Menlo College out here in the Bay Area will take them up one home & home series offer now so I can finally see them play. Unfortunately UTSA begins play next yr. in the Alamodome in the same city in 2011 at the FCS level, so there goes most of our blue chip recruits from Texas. Trinity has one player in the NFL, Jerheme Urban, a TE/WR with the Zona Cardinals -- he's from New Braunfels, TX which is <30 mi. from SA.

But if anyone on this board wants to get into Trinity U, PM me & then I'll know you & can recommend you in a letter, like Harvard & Stanford whom they're emulating a letter from an alum is your fastest ticket in, but unless you're a national Merit Scholar or in the top 5% of SAT scorers, I can't recommend it. End of rant..............
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
bjones9
Rookie

bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

80 year old men who hit hook shots.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leFXi0y07Yo
bjones9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones9 View Post
80 year old men who hit hook shots.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leFXi0y07Yo
Who said you could post videos of me playing basketball?