Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-07-2010, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't watched pre-game in about 5 years. I wake up, eat, go on the internet and at exactly 1:02 I turn to the channel to watch the kickoff.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:43 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I set my alarm for noon every Sunday, walk into the living room, lay on the couch just in time for kickoff and pretty much don't move for the rest of the day.

Sundays are just glorious.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:10 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I set my alarm for noon every Sunday, walk into the living room, lay on the couch just in time for kickoff and pretty much don't move for the rest of the day.

Sundays are just glorious.
You get to sleep in an extra hour this week.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When people say "What?" when they clearly heard what I have to say.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Just dont get in the ocean since the water is brownish/black and you will get stung by a jelly fish within minutes.
Galveston is a cool place, especially since the people there don't realize how weird they are. Unlike Austin, where people try to play it up.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gas up to 3.13 here now....

Another grinds my gears scene: took my wife to Stanford Hospital at 5 yesterday to pick up the 93-yr-old Mother in law who had pneumonia. We were directed to the ER entrance, small parking lot with a security desk at the entrance next to the dbl-doors where EMS vehicles load/unload.

That small parking lot has valet parking, $8 a pop. Valet parking at an ER, what's wrong with that picture?

Got to keep those sick riffraff out.....
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Elevator etiquette. ALWAYS let the person out before you get in.
I would expand on this and say getting on any means of transportation, whether it be an elevator, bus, train, etc. People are in such a rush to save those 5 seconds it takes to wait, that it ends up causing more confusion and traffic and costing them more time than just waiting.

Also, people who wait to let people off, but wait right in the middle/front of the doors. They act like they are doing the right thing by waiting, but how the **** is someone supposed to exit if you are standing right in the middle of where they need to go?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yesterday I was on a really packed bus. I was standing, and there was someone in the seat I was standing in front of who needed to get off. So I stand back to give them some room, and as I'm doing this, some stupid little asian lady tries to get behind me to get off, it's like ****, can't you see I'm giving these other people a way off first, wait your goddam turn. You'll get off the bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate people on powertrips so bad. Its ridiculous. and the littler the power trip the worse it pisses me off. Its hard to explain
Old 11-11-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So in my math class the instructor gives us homework for every section but you don't have to do it because he doesn't grade it, it's only to help you out. I have not done any of the hw at all, and I still have an easy A in the class.

So last month of the course and he tells us he will pick our homework up next class and grade ALL of it. He says people are failing and need the grade and he thinks we have done it so he'll just grade it and it'll be another grade for us all.

What really grinds my gears is, it's the weekend, I'm trying to play some COD and now I have to do ******* 800+ math problems. You kidding me?

BTW anyone that wants to write my 10 page essay as well can contact me over PM, thank you.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:58 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
What really grinds my gears is, it's the weekend, I'm trying to play some COD and now I have to do ******* 800+ math problems. You kidding me?
you could have just done it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:12 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Bosnac's point though. If I'm acing a class and understand the material already, I'm not wasting my time to do extra homework that doesn't count for anything and will have minimal increase in my overall knowledge of the subject.

If I were you, I'd just go talk to the teacher and explain that you are doing well in the class and don't need the extra points. Don't say that you didn't do any of the hw, but say something like I didn't do it all because I skipped areas where I felt comfortable and didn't need more practice, since you (the teacher) said it was for our extra help/benefit. If he says tough, well, then you're ******.

I actually had a similar thing happen in my spanish class one year. The teacher would give us homework, but in the syllabus he broke down what we got graded on and hw was not part of it, and when going over the course he never said that he would grade the homework. Well, about halfway through the course, he decides to collect everyones homework so far and well I don't turn anything in (I was also getting an A). He comes back saying not everyone handed in hw and if he doesn't get anything by the end of the course those people would fail. So I had to ******** like 15 written assignments in spanish.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 11-12-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if the fact that he put in the syllabus that homework was not part of the grade, doesn't that pretty much cover you?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot to add, parents who fail to teach their children how to interact socially in polite society really grinds my gears.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Well, I can't answer for Bosanac, but in my situation the teacher just "ammended" the syllabus to devalue participation and include homework. It was pretty bush league.

And something to compound on CJ's, and I know it's been said before since I've brought it up, but is it that hard to so please and thank you? I mean, I don't expect it 100% of the time, but *****, if I hold a door open for you or let you out of the elevator/train before me, at least have the courtesy to thank me for it. Don't just walk by with your nose up like your better than me and it's beneath you to open doors/thank people for opening them for you. Your lucky I didn't bring my prison shank to work today...

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-12-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

OK, so if they amend it on a certain date, wouldn't that exclude you from homework prior to that date?

Old 11-12-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
you could have just done it.
No one, anywhere, ever, does optional homework. Except maybe Asian kids......
Old 11-12-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
OK, so if they amend it on a certain date, wouldn't that exclude you from homework prior to that date?
Oh, one would think. However, I spoke to the teacher and he was insistent that we needed to hand in all homework and came up with some BS reasoning.

I probably could have gone to like the department head or something and made my case, but it was a summer school class at the community college and I decided it wasn't worth wasting my time. We were supposed to write like 1-2 page "short answers" in Spanish, I ended up writing like 5 sentences for each assignment, turning them in, and still ended with an A. So idk if it was just the teacher BSing about grading them or what, but it worked out.

This reminds me of another situation that grinds my gears involving school. My freshman year of college we had a lecture of like 120 kids, so it was relatively small for a lecture. In the syllabus and the first class they explained we would have quizzes as part of the grade, but we would do them electronically. Everyone was to buy a little remote control, and they would have the quizzes during class and you would answer the multiple choice on the screen by using your remote (we turned something in with our remote ID # so they know who is who). So quizzes were to count for like 10-15% and the remote cost like $40-50, yea ripoff. So the 2nd week we opened the remotes, handed in this paper that came with it with the remote's ID number and had a practice quiz. Didn't have one quiz the rest of the semester. So, not only did they put something in the syllabus that we never had, they made us shell out $40 for these things we didn't use and then had us open them so now we couldn't return them. Awesome.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-12-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
No one, anywhere, ever, does optional homework. Except maybe Asian kids......
we don't either.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
but it was a summer school class at the community college

Old 11-12-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Oh, one would think. However, I spoke to the teacher and he was insistent that we needed to hand in all homework and came up with some BS reasoning.

I probably could have gone to like the department head or something and made my case, but it was a summer school class at the community college and I decided it wasn't worth wasting my time. We were supposed to write like 1-2 page "short answers" in Spanish, I ended up writing like 5 sentences for each assignment, turning them in, and still ended with an A. So idk if it was just the teacher BSing about grading them or what, but it worked out.

This reminds me of another situation that grinds my gears involving school. My freshman year of college we had a lecture of like 120 kids, so it was relatively small for a lecture. In the syllabus and the first class they explained we would have quizzes as part of the grade, but we would do them electronically. Everyone was to buy a little remote control, and they would have the quizzes during class and you would answer the multiple choice on the screen by using your remote (we turned something in with our remote ID # so they know who is who). So quizzes were to count for like 10-15% and the remote cost like $40-50, yea ripoff. So the 2nd week we opened the remotes, handed in this paper that came with it with the remote's ID number and had a practice quiz. Didn't have one quiz the rest of the semester. So, not only did they put something in the syllabus that we never had, they made us shell out $40 for these things we didn't use and then had us open them so now we couldn't return them. Awesome.
I would like to just sit back and let loose about all the things my college did that pissed me off, but when I think about, I got away with soooo much more that what they screwed me out of.

Like, 2nd semester of my freshman year, I was in this Visual Arts class they make pretty much every freshman take. It's a big lecture class they can just cram freshman into so they get 3 elective credits since they didn't want to open up more seats in useful classes....

Well anyway, I was acing it and the final was optional. If you like the grade you got on your first 3 tests, you didn't have to take it. Well I got all As on them, so I wasn't going to do it.....but then a friend of a friend was also in the class and really needed a good grade on the final to pass. So, through our mutual friend, she asked me to take it for her. She paid me $20 bucks and offered to give me weed too. So I took her up on it, memorized how to write her name all girly and also the last 4 digits of her soc. Took it, got an A, and she passed. And I got money and weed. Awesome.

I pretty much destroyed college....I wish I were back there....sigh.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I would have asked for some dome as well, that's just me though.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I would have asked for some dome as well, that's just me though.
No, not this one........really loose porker.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

PICS or GTFO (everybody run to the WYHI thread)

Old 11-12-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Definitely WNHI. Kinda didn't even want to get too close to it....