Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-19-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem with ESPN is that they don't really want to be a sports station. They want to be an entertainment station. So instead of reporting the news, they try to create news. They try to create stories and controversies. They spend hours on Tebow going 2-58 for -18 yards but still winning the game but spend two seconds on great performances by lesser known players. Why? Because they can. By doing this, non-sports fans might tune in and real sports fans, though pissed, won't turn off because unfortunately there is no other quality outlet on television for sports. Some station, whether it's CBS, NBC, or FOX desperately needs to mount some actual competition to ABC or we will be subjected to non-stop Tebow coverage and SEC dick sucking for the next decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Last edited by jrdrylie : 01-19-2012 at 02:26 PM.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They can suck a dick, because i have stopped watching ESPN for over two years now. If i need to see anything that they have on i either stream it or go watch it at bdub's. More people need to follow suit, and wait until NBC has it's sports network up.

Also raiderz, yahoo sports stories are awful. I never bother reading them because they're just a terrible waste of time.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Terms like chocoholic, workaholic, sexaholic, etc. Basically any of those terms except for alcoholic. They make no sense. What's an alcoholic? Someone addicted to alcohol. They add the "ic" at the end.

What's a chocoholic? Someone that's addicted to....chocohol? Is a workaholic addicted to workahol?

I understand why these terms are used, and that words like "chocolatic" or "workic" don't sound as good, but the "-oholic"/"-aholic" parts can't be a legitimate part of speech, can they? Any English teachers/enthusiasts? Unless I'm supposed to believe that an alcoholic is one addicted to alc...
"ic" comes from the French -ique which in turn comes from the Latin -icus which is related to the Greek suffix -ικος (-ikos). It is used to form adjectives from nouns with the meaning "of or pertaining to".

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
"ic" comes from the French -ique which in turn comes from the Latin -icus which is related to the Greek suffix -ικος (-ikos). It is used to form adjectives from nouns with the meaning "of or pertaining to".
I don't know why I didn't just say, "CJ, where does this part of speech come from," because I already assumed you would be answering. Thank you, sir.

Also, I want someone to try and start a network like what BSPN used to be. I don't know how successful it could be, but it would be nice to be able to watch/listen to actual sports reporting.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate hearing guys call women "girl". "Hey girl" "Girl, what's up?" I can't stand it. Its one of those things where I cringe every time. If I were a girl I would be thinking, "I know what the **** I am. That was a meaningless word inclusion." I can't remotely call a girl that to her face. I can say ***** and beautiful, but not girl. I just imagine some flat-haired, flat-chested, glasses-wearing daddy's girl with braces as "girl".

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I hate hearing guys call women "girl". "Hey girl" "Girl, what's up?" I can't stand it. Its one of those things where I cringe every time. If I were a girl I would be thinking, "I know what the **** I am. That was a meaningless word inclusion." I can't remotely call a girl that to her face. I can say ***** and beautiful, but not girl. I just imagine some flat-haired, flat-chested, glasses-wearing daddy's girl with braces as "girl".
hahaha I say "WHat's up girl?" all the time haha

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol. I objectify them, but classifying them as girl goes against my nature. I just can't do it.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
lol. I objectify them, but classifying them as girl goes against my nature. I just can't do it.
I've seriously started working on stopping just because every time I say it it kind of sounds stupid in my head but I still say out of habit but...still trying to break it.

Also, sometimes I just forget their name and I don't wanna be like "Hey you....how are you?"...so a quick "What's up girl?" was my fix lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People that like to exaggerate their habits to make themselves look cool. For example, (and this is one i hear very often) when i drink, and i drink pretty often, i always hear people say "oh mah gaah i'm such an alcoholic!!! lulz lulz".

*****, you're not an alcoholic just because you drink two days in a row and you get drunk off of a six pack of bud light. You're a tool, that's what you are. Alcoholics dig through the sofa and carseat for change to buy a 24oz of Milwaukee's Best at 11am, you're drinking in a social environment.

Also hear this one often with girls "ah, i'm so bipolar!". No, you're not bi-polar. You're a ******* typical woman with a fickle mind and normal moodswings like everyone else. Quit trying to make yourself look like you're special just because you're batshit crazy.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
People that like to exaggerate their habits to make themselves look cool. For example, (and this is one i hear very often) when i drink, and i drink pretty often, i always hear people say "oh mah gaah i'm such an alcoholic!!! lulz lulz".

*****, you're not an alcoholic just because you drink two days in a row and you get drunk off of a six pack of bud light. You're a tool, that's what you are. Alcoholics dig through the sofa and carseat for change to buy a 24oz of Milwaukee's Best at 11am, you're drinking in a social environment.

Also hear this one often with girls "ah, i'm so bipolar!". No, you're not bi-polar. You're a ******* typical woman with a fickle mind and normal moodswings like everyone else. Quit trying to make yourself look like you're special just because you're batshit crazy.
I can fully agree with this one as well. So ******* stupid and totally unnecessary.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 01-19-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MetSox17's non stop bitching this past page.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
MetSox17's non stop bitching this past page.
Do you wanna ******* die, ************?
Old 01-19-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you wanna ******* die, ************?
Bring it Mex.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Bring it Mex.
You realize we're naturally dirty fighters, right? I plaster my fists under boxing gloves and carry a 4 inch blade at all times.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
You realize we're naturally dirty fighters, right? I plaster my fists under boxing gloves and carry a 4 inch blade at all times.
This does not surprise me in the slightest.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah yeah, stereotypical, i know. **** you.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People in LA thinking they have any room to talk about Seattle freaking out over a foot of snow. LA freaks out when they get a few inches of rain.

This is what all of western Washington looks like. Personally I love it, carving your own path to work is super fun.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
People in LA thinking they have any room to talk about Seattle freaking out over a foot of snow. LA freaks out when they get a few inches of rain.

This is what all of western Washington looks like. Personally I love it, carving your own path to work is super fun.

My area got a pretty ******* big snowstorm in October (10" of heavy, wet snow) and with the leaves still being on the tress, it wreaked havoc in my area. We were out of power for two days where I live, but in the more backwoods places around me there were people without power for 5 days and even as much as 10. I've never seen so many trees down, not with any storm, and we've had some rough thunderstorms go through in recent years. You couldn't go anywhere without looking one direction and seeing branches or entire trees down, it was crazy. There are still tree limbs down that haven't gotten cleaned up yet and its been almost three months now. Luckily for us though, it wasn't nearly as widespread as the damage over there, it was basically just my area and about a 20 mile radius of the worst damage. And our trees are nothing compared to the ones out there, so I feel for the people out there, its going to be crazy with all that clean up.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:59 AM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:

what part of washington r u from?im formally from orange county, ca and now im in bellingham, sudden valley area.... man getting out to work was a pain in the ass.

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tEk View Post
what part of washington r u from?im formally from orange county, ca and now im in bellingham, sudden valley area.... man getting out to work was a pain in the ass.
Aurburn. Had to drive to gig harbor on Thursday to help my brother get out of his driveway.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aurburn. Had to drive to gig harbor on Thursday to help my brother get out of his driveway.
My son lives in Renton and said some of the hills down there were pretty scary. Of course this is the same guy that used to live on Queen Ann and watch people slide down the counterbalance all day long.

Who gives a #### what the L.A. Times thinks anyways.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freaking Internet Explorer. It's the biggest piece of crap ever. I hate using it. It's slow. It freezes. But the majority of stuff I have to do at work only works on Internet Explorer so I'm stuck using it for 40-hours a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone's sudden need to say "swag" at the end of every ******* thing they say. Play in traffic.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:24 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

losing ****
Old 01-24-2012, 05:48 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw a guy in Wal-<art yesterday wearing an Eli Manning jersey. It really ground my gears.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote