Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-24-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
My area got a pretty ******* big snowstorm in October (10" of heavy, wet snow) and with the leaves still being on the tress, it wreaked havoc in my area. We were out of power for two days where I live, but in the more backwoods places around me there were people without power for 5 days and even as much as 10. I've never seen so many trees down, not with any storm, and we've had some rough thunderstorms go through in recent years. You couldn't go anywhere without looking one direction and seeing branches or entire trees down, it was crazy. There are still tree limbs down that haven't gotten cleaned up yet and its been almost three months now. Luckily for us though, it wasn't nearly as widespread as the damage over there, it was basically just my area and about a 20 mile radius of the worst damage. And our trees are nothing compared to the ones out there, so I feel for the people out there, its going to be crazy with all that clean up.

im from northern ct, which was the hardest hit area by that storm, and my town and the surrounding couple of towns were out for a little over 8 full days, looked a lot like that picture actually.

foot and change of snow, trees down everywhere and roads impassable or close to it for days, no gas available at stations for over 4 days so you just had to try and find some wherever. i thought it was kinda cool but some people were panicking there were lots of things happening robberies and fights and crap.

which grinds my gears, people who panic in a situation like that or ever really. yeah cause thats ever improved ANY situation EVER.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People that try and sell tickets to a memorial service on ebay.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Everyone's sudden need to say "swag" at the end of every ******* thing they say. Play in traffic.
Second this, it is the biggest clusterfuck of retardedness I've ever heard. I hate it, and tell people who say it to stop making themselves look like douches.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
People that try and sell tickets to a memorial service on ebay.
I'm pretty sure I know what you are referring to, and you can get them for free at the Bryce Jordan center, IIRC. (if not, its somewhere on the campus)

Old 01-24-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I saw a guy in Wal-<art yesterday wearing an Eli Manning jersey. It really ground my gears.
I had like three kids wearing Giants jerseys on Monday. I wanted to strangle them.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually looked at this guy and said "Wow, that looks new." He just looked back with this dejected look as if he had been scolded.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

As he should have. Bandwagoners need to be put in their place.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if I buy a new jersey for the Super Bowl I'd be considered a bandwagoner even though I spend half my time on this football site?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
So if I buy a new jersey for the Super Bowl I'd be considered a bandwagoner even though I spend half my time on this football site?
I mean you wouldn't. But that's because I know you as a long standing Giants fan, which, though disagreeable, is at least respectable.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Keep in mind the area CJ is in, and a brand new Eli jersey warrants that type of treatment.

Personally, I think anyone wearing an Eli jersey deserves some sort of bashing ;).

Old 01-24-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Keep in mind the area CJ is in, and a brand new Eli jersey warrants that type of treatment.
This. Imagine if the Saints beat the 49ers and then the Giants (this time in the post-season). Then the next day, a guy on your block started rocking the Brees jersey.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is true. I wasn't really thinking I suppose. Unfortunately not much you can about the bandwagoners and they are really the ones that teams try to advertise to because they know they won't lose the die hards no matter what.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been a Cowboys fan for 15+ years and i don't think i've ever bought any Cowboys merchandise.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I've been a Cowboys fan for 15+ years and i don't think i've ever bought any Cowboys merchandise.
all my 49ers shirts were my dads and are from the 80's of course they are thin as a sheet of paper, but I wear them from time to time.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
all my 49ers shirts were my dads and are from the 80's of course they are thin as a sheet of paper, but I wear them from time to time.
Yeah, i remember using shirts my dad would have when i was younger. Over the years they got lost and i never bothered to replace them. Just seems like my money would be better spent elsewhere. Like on booze.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

That warrants an explanation.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:10 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I know what you are referring to, and you can get them for free at the Bryce Jordan center, IIRC. (if not, its somewhere on the campus)
I got my 2 tickets. They were out of tickets within 40 seconds of them going up on Ticketmaster. Immediately following, there were also tickets up for bidding on ebay
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn taxes. I just did my taxes for last year and owe $780. I could buy a new laptop with that. Instead I have to send a decently big check to the IRS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morons. I can't wrap my head around the fact that so many people in this world are just so ******* stupid.

I've spend most of my life trying to convince myself that I'm not really that smart or special. Maybe a little above average but nothing great.

But you know what, **** that. I failed to realize just how ******** the vast, vast majority of people are in this world. As I've gotten older, experienced more of the world, advanced further in to the "real world" after college, it's becoming more and more obvious.

Like, I should have figured this out sooner. I was put into an accelerated "enrichment" class all through elementary school, all honors classes in high school and a Dean's Lister all through college. I get my first full time job in a call center just to pay the bills until I find something better and in less than two months I was asked to rewrite all of the departments standard responses and procedures. A few months later I'm promoted to a de-facto supervisory role and when my boss left, I was considered to take her spot as department manager. (They later decided not to fill the position and now we just report to a higher level manager who absorbed our department.) All of this at 23. Most people have to spend years at their jobs before they even get promoted once.

And I look around at the people who contact us needing help and even some of my coworkers. It blows my ******* mind how some of these people can't even wrap their heads around simple concepts that they've been told over and over again.

They're content with being drones. They show up, do just enough not to get fired and collect a pay check. They don't give a **** about doing the work. The fact that I give a **** about my job puts me in elite company already.

But what really set me over the edge on all of this is this ******** old ***** who called into use yesterday. She wouldn't give us any information about what device she had or what product she was using...just spouting off yelling at us to fix it.

********. These people think I'm in some way magic. Like I'm supposed to respond with "sure, just let me read your mind and I'll have whatever the hell you are using up and running in no time!" It doesnt' work like that when we've got a hundred god damned products out there for dozens of platforms and devices.

These people shouldn't breed. I'm perfectly fine with sterilizing the stupid.

I needed to vent because this lady threatened to call back again today if her problem doesn't magically fix itself over night.

I'm pretty sure I'm on the path to becoming a supervillain. You take someone well meaning and you just constantly surround them with the worst kind of scum on the earth. (Stupid people.) It could drive one to madness.

</rant>
Old 01-25-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And you know something else, most of the people here are already a cut above the rest. Moronic "casual fans" don't typically seek out a Draft message board, so it already requires a display of at least moderate intelligence to follow just one part of the sport in-depth. Kudos for that.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course I agree with BB...I've worked my way up the ladder into a manager in the first 10time months I started working...I'm going on my 2ndphone year and my god...i am surprised daily at how stupid people can be...even my coworkers who are all older than me and supposed to be more experienced

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm about to head to the gym for the 1st time since New Year's.....my geard will be ground.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Of course I agree with BB...I've worked my way up the ladder into a manager in the first 10time months I started working...I'm going on my 2ndphone year and my god...i am surprised daily at how stupid people can be...even my coworkers who are all older than me and supposed to be more experienced
Same way here. I'm the 3rd or 4th youngest in a department of 15 people yet I'm like the only one with any sense of responsibility. It drives me insane.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
i feel like this gets over played in every job interview. oh you have experience at this job? that helps youre an excellent candidate!

oh, you also happen to be a ******* moron with no common sense or work ethic? eh, thats ok at least we know youll be mediocre.

i agree with everything youve said BB. i was never the honors student deans list guy that you were but i have always had a lot of common sense and been the hardest worker at all of my jobs.

So many people are ok with being mediocre at what they do, drones as you call them. And i just have no idea how the hell they can be fine with being average. i always wondered how id compete with the experienced people when i joined the work force and got into the military. well so far its been far from a competition because most people just dont COMPETE at all.

i mean, christ all you need is a 33 percentile (approx, varies a little by branch) or better on the asvab to get into the military. i took it in august and the only way i see that you cant get a 33 on that test is if you havent graduated elementary schol yet. unreal. just unreal how stupid and lazy some people are.

if im not the top guy at my work or if someone is beating me at anything really, it drives me up a ******* wall. how is this guy better than me? how can ANYONE ANYWHERE live with someone else kicking there *** in something?
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote