Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Which NFC East Team should or would most likely be the one to trade for Brandon Marsh
Philadelphia Eagles 2 8.33%
NY Giants 6 25.00%
Washington Redskins 7 29.17%
Dallas Cowboys 9 37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Head Spin: Brandon Marshall in the NFC East

Concept: This "Head Spin" idea is just that... I'm going to bring up a topic of discussion that is intended to get your head spinning! It could be fantasmic in nature, or hypothetical with no real answer, but fun enough to debate about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: Which NFC East Team should or would most likely be the one to trade for Brandon Marshall?

Philadelphia Eagles - Is the receiving corps too inexperienced? Too similar? Marshall could help them win now and in the future.

NY Giants - There are a lot of spare parts, but is there a real playmaker? There would be no question marks about replacing Plaxico if they had Marshall.

...and to quote a certain Giants fan after the first preseason game... "I thought Nicks had hands of glue?"

Washington Redskins - We all know Snyder's taste in men. Marshall would more than tickle his fancy. Zorn would also be thrilled as Marshall is a proven commodity as a WCO WR. Who cares about draft picks anyways? ;)

Dallas Cowboys - Jerry Jones has probably already asked the gang at Valley Ranch whether he should pursue Marshall if I know him the way I think I know him. Much more into quick fixes than developing, Jerry loves star power more than any GM I know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...n=nfl,18353 0

Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:38 am EDT

Brandon Marshall tells Broncos again to trade him

He should be a happy man, right? He was acquitted last week of the misdemeanor battery charge (he supposedly had beaten up on his girlfriend in Atlanta last year). And his hip and hamstring are apparently feeling OK enough for him to suit up and practice on Sunday But there's one thing that is just burning this poor fella up. He's only going to make about $450,000 this year, according to FOXSports.

Marshall and his agent apparently got together with Denver Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels yesterday to let him know that the wide receiver still wants a new contract extension or to be traded. The team reportedly has no plans to change his contract or trade him.

So Marshall didn't practice yesterday and may just hold out till something better comes along. Of course, that means a daily $15,888 fine, which could eat into his $450,000 pretty quickly.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys. The Eagles and Giants now have a bunch of young receiver so they don't really need one. But, I believe the Cowboys need a receiver. I have no faith in Roy Williams at all, he has topped 1000 yards once in his career and that was thanks to Mike Martz's pass heavy system. I think one could safely call him a bust because he is not what a top 10 draft pick should be. Plus, he did awful last year in Dallas. Plus, on top of all the troubles he is having on the field with chemistry and route running, he is now injured. Roy Williams is ALWAYS injured. Who better to replace TO than Baby TO? No one. He is a big star who seems to fit the mold of Jerry Jones' players. Not to mention I think it would be a safe bet to say that Mike Shannahan will be coaching in BIg D next year IMO and Marshall really shined under Shanny.

But NEVER count Dan Snyder out...
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'd love him on the giants if he wasn't bat **** crazy. That being said, I see the Cowboys being the most likely spot. Redskins, Giants and Eagles all have young talent that they seem on being intent on throwing out there and developing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Easily the Giants. I think they have a freight train coming their way in the guise of their WR core. If they are really relying on third bananas like Steve Smith and Domenik Hixon or young unprovens like Barden and Nicks to be the guy for them, they are sorely mistaken.

Not only do they have no #1, they don't have a solid #2 guy on the roster.

Marshall would be a godsend for them. If they were able to maneuver into getting him I could see them winning it all.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Easily the Giants. I think they have a freight train coming their way in the guise of their WR core. If they are really relying on third bananas like Steve Smith and Domenik Hixon or young unprovens like Barden and Nicks to be the guy for them, they are sorely mistaken.

Marshall would be a godsend for them. If they were able to maneuver into getting him I could see them winning it all.
I think he would be so sick on any team in the East, but if he were on the Giants, I agree. Their SB rings would be signed, sealed, delivered.

They could probably put together a damn nice package too.

I don't think the new Jerry would do it though. They went out of their way to get rid of the bad eggs.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Giants should trade for him but I think the Eagles are the most likely to trade for him. I don't think Snyder is a big Marshall fan. Also with the investments on Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly, the team is taking a wait and see approach on the wideouts, even though Santana is still the only real receiver on the team. It's sad to think how great Santana would be as a slot receiver, but will never get the chance as he'll always be our #1 as I never will see Devin or Malcolm become starting receivers.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles don't want him. They have DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin to develop.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
The Eagles don't want him. They have DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin to develop.
Yeah, I don't really think Maclin will be a bust. ... Hakeem Nicks might be though. That's why I voted Giants.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why this is a NFC East thing and not just a NFL thing
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Still though you can't rule them out, the Eagles are serious about winning a championship now. Also I don't see Jackson and Maclin being the long term starters. I can see Maclin as the #2 with the deadly Jackson in the slot or vice versa but either way in the future I can easily see the Eagles considering bringing in a true #1.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
It could be, but this is the NFC East Forum Thread. Is that confusing?
Old 08-18-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because our division is better than yours.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

see what you're all missing is that we could have had Braylon Edwards. Who, in my mind, is a better WR and MUCH less of a head case. The Giants won't bring this nutjob in here, but Dallas would. When they start to falter early with no TO, ****'s gonna hit the fan, and they'd wanna make a move ala Roy Williams last year. There's ZERO chance Marshall ends up in NYG or Philly. Dallas needs him (as do NYG and philly) but Philly just took a PR and cap hit with Vick and the Giants, under Reese, won't make a move like that. Dallas however would.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post

yep, we don't even have a good number 2 guy. Just like Dallas has a top 10 secondary right? mhm. Neither Hixon or Smith would be solid #2's. Yea, that makes tons of sense.
Quote:
Old 08-18-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
see what you're all missing is that we could have had Braylon Edwards. Who, in my mind, is a better WR and MUCH less of a head case. The Giants won't bring this nutjob in here, but Dallas would. When they start to falter early with no TO, ****'s gonna hit the fan, and they'd wanna make a move ala Roy Williams last year. There's ZERO chance Marshall ends up in NYG or Philly. Dallas needs him (as do NYG and philly) but Philly just took a PR and cap hit with Vick and the Giants, under Reese, won't make a move like that. Dallas however would.
Brandon Marshall is so much better than Braylon Edwards, it ain't funny.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
yep, we don't even have a good number 2 guy. Just like Dallas has a top 10 secondary right? mhm. Neither Hixon or Smith would be solid #2's. Yea, that makes tons of sense.
Haha yeah. DWM can get carried away. To say you don't have a guy who can be a #2 in this league is not true. You guys have #2s like a lot of teams in the NFL.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Brandon Marshall is so much better than Braylon Edwards, it ain't funny.
well, we'll agree to disagree. People forget how much of a freak Braylon is and how good he was before he caught the dropsies from Tim Carter after the Rueben Droughns trade. I love his combo of height and speed. It's much closer than you say D.

The Giants would take Braylon over Marshall any day of the week. His character and insanity would keep us away. And the talent isn't THAT large of a difference either. Plus, although I haven't seen looked at Marshall in this regard, I know Braylon is a pretty good blocker, which we LOVE in our system obviously.
Quote:
Old 08-19-2009, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Philly just took a PR and cap hit with Vick
Philly's annually $20 million under the cap.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:27 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe he actually thinks Edwards is better than Marshall. I mean if you take away the problems off the field and just focus on what they do on the field Marshall is def the better WR by far IMO. If you put Marshall on the Browns he doesn't drop those passes.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:35 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The cowboys need a receiver so bad, I dont trust williams, austin, hurd, or crayton. they're all too...average.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:36 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I must admit. The thought of Marshall on Dallas is so damn sexy. I refuse to believe it won't happen. :p

I think if it did, then my prediction for Dallas HC next season (Shanahan) might just happen midseason! haha.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:42 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
The cowboys need a receiver so bad, I dont trust williams, austin, hurd, or crayton. they're all too...average.
They are probably the most underrated group. A lot of people think they suck, but I think they will surprise. The whole is better than the individual. Especially since Dallas runs many 2 TE set formations (they've even practiced 3 TE sets in TC... when running mostly) and the RBs will be catching a lot of balls out of the backfield. I expect Romo to have his finest statistical season of his career because he'll have many options and a lot of balanced passing. The absence of TO opens up SOOOO much. We won't have a Pro Bowler, because I'm guessing the stats won't be there. But as far as getting the job done... I like their receiving ability.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:53 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont think they suck, but i am just so skeptical of that team without a true # 1. You say its gonna open the field up, but he didn't throw to TO anyway, all he did was draw defenders. I think witten is still going to be his security blanket that gets the majority of targets, it will be interesting to see if the other recievers can make an inmpact.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:42 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
I can't believe he actually thinks Edwards is better than Marshall. I mean if you take away the problems off the field and just focus on what they do on the field Marshall is def the better WR by far IMO. If you put Marshall on the Browns he doesn't drop those passes.
I can't believe you're trolling in the NFC East thread.

I like Braylon a lot and people forget how good a talent he was before last year. One bad year and he's in the trash, it's funny how short memories people have. And there's NO WAY you can say that. IF you put this guy somewhere else he doesn't drop those passes. Thanks miss cleo. seriously, what the **** make you know that stuff?

The fact is, give the Giants to trade for Braylon or Marshall, and we take Braylon everytime. Given the fact we turned down deals for Braylon, that shows we're not gonna trade for Marshall.

and guess what! YOU CAN'T TAKE AWAY THEIR OFF THE FIELD PROBLEMS. thanks for playing though, it was fun.
Quote:
Old 08-19-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Philly's annually $20 million under the cap.
blah, ok, I was wrong. But we both agree Philly wouldn't bring in marshall though. the philly fans might riot bringing in another guy with a bad off the field image and legal problems.
Quote: