Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who do you think is going to win the AFC North?
Baltimore Ravens 10 15.63%
Cincinnati Bengals 3 4.69%
Cleveland Browns 1 1.56%
Pittsburgh Steelers 50 78.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
S T R I N G
Rookie

S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.
Question AFC North Division Champions

Who do you think is going to win the AFC North?

Respond to the poll and post your explanation here.
S T R I N G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Steelers are going to have a down year like they did the last time they won the Superbowl. The Ravens are going to go 11-5 Steelers 9-7 Bengals 9-7 Browns 6-10
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tomlin wont let that down year happen. He isn't a lame duck and Roethlisberger didn't et hit by an SUV and have an apendectomy this offseason so I think the Steelers will be fine. They definately have the most talent, and they actually have an easier schedule than Baltimore, who has to play NE and Indy instead of Miami and Ten.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dont both the steelers and Ravens have relatively easy schedules?

It will be a close battle, the Ravens have improved a lot. It will be 2 close battles.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The differences I said are the only ones. Everything else is the same, except the ravens go to san diego and oakland while the steelers go to denver and kc. But they play the same 12 teams, other than the ones I said before.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Screw you and your easy schedule. Ravens always get a hard one but that's OK we don't run from no one.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
Old 08-19-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Screw you and your easy schedule. Ravens always get a hard one but that's OK we don't run from no one.
Do I have to remind you that the Ravens put a request in to the league to not play a night game at Pittsburgh because they were scared?

Or that the Steelers had the hardest schedule in the league last year?

Old 08-19-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Do I have to remind you that the Ravens put a request in to the league to not play a night game at Pittsburgh because they were scared?

Or that the Steelers had the hardest schedule in the league last year?
They didn't put in a request for us not to play you in a night game they didn't want to play in Pittsburgh the first game of the season. I was very heated when I heard that but that has nothing to do with the players. You and I both know there is nothing that scares the Ravens and I will say the same for the Steelers.
John Wall
Old 08-19-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Huge ***** move by whoever in the Ravens put in that request.

But its irrelevant, the Steelers can beat them home or away, day or night.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea you guys got the last couple of night games so the front office wanted one in baltimore. We are still playing you guys once at PIT and once in BAL, no one is scared of anyone.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yea you guys got the last couple of night games so the front office wanted one in baltimore. We are still playing you guys once at PIT and once in BAL, no one is scared of anyone.
The guy writing this is a Ravens fan. If they wanted night game at home rather than requesting not to go to Pittsburgh.

http://nickfruscello.blogspot.com/20...-steelers.html

Old 08-19-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

then why is there a picture of him in a steelers jersey w/ a mascot that looks like it just left a village people concert?

I dont think he is a Ravens fan at all.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have huge faith in Carson Palmer, but I still think the Steelers' D makes them the division champs.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
then why is there a picture of him in a steelers jersey w/ a mascot that looks like it just left a village people concert?

I dont think he is a Ravens fan at all.
It came out of a Baltimore newspaper. But its pretty accurate to say the least.

I know Id be embarassed if I ever heard about the Steelers putting in a request like this. You always hear coaches and players say the schedules no big deal, just play. Then they make a move like that.

And the original point of bringing it up was only to show that the Ravens don't always have the hardest schedule like one poster said. Not only did the Steelers have a harder schedule last year, but the Ravens can hardly use schedule as an excuse while putting in requests to change it.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

o you meant the part by Preston.

Its w/e I dont really care what the front office does. I am actually glad they did it so I can be there for the Ravens monday night game against PITT.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I'd have rather seen it be the season opener. And now the Steelers don't have a home monday night game

Old 08-19-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea that would have been cool 2. either way I think when we meet it up it will be 2 or 3 real close games.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh...As much as I hate to say it, it's Pittsburgh's to lose. There's no reason they shouldn't be division champs. They would need major amounts of bad luck.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm always hesitant to pick the Super Bowl winner to repeat as Division Champs because there are so many factors involved. Super Bowl hangover, injuries, plus Pittsburgh has a target on their back now and will get everyone's best game this year.

The Steelers have enough talent to repeat and they aren't in a very strong division so they do have that going for them. If they stay healthy I'll pick them to repeat but I wouldn't be surprised to see Baltimore take the division either.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for the Bengals, though I agree the division is Pittsburgh's to lose. The Browns got a vote though and there was no way I was going to let that get by without putting 1 on the board for Cincinnati. I'm not sure I believe in the Ravens as much as I did near the end of last year. That said, I think Pittsburgh finishes first, Cincinnati and Baltimore get locked in a battle for second, and Cleveland brings up the rear. I'll go with Cincinnati for 2nd though for now, barring serious injuries (Week 1 or 2 if not by mid pre-season.)

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Flacco having a down year, and I think it's entirely possible that the absence of Rex Ryan could cause some major issues.

IMO seeing Pittsburgh have an easier Schedule, Some stellar talent additions to both sides of the ball, and Ben Roethlisberger. I have a hard time seeing Baltimore getting there.

I think it's a lot closer between Baltimore & Pittsburgh than people think. If Baltimore revamps that WR Core, and if LJ Smith provides a safety net outlet for Flacco. Before I see them take that next step I want to see if Flacco steps up.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.theredzone.org/strength.asp

I dont think PITT schedule will be to much easier they are only one spot ahead of us.

But flying out to SD,OAK will hurt Baltimore

Now here is a hypothetical question...

There are reports that w/ the Ravens calling in Lemon and Willey that we may be planning on sending Troy SMith and a pick or D williams for Marshall.

Now if the Ravens get Marshall would you consider them the favorites?
Old 08-20-2009, 01:12 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I dont think PITT schedule will be to much easier they are only one spot ahead of us.

There are reports that w/ the Ravens calling in Lemon and Willey that we may be planning on sending Troy SMith and a pick or D williams for Marshall.

I really don't see it happening, but if it did were going to the bowl.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:14 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If we get Brandon Marshall for Troy Smith and Demetrius Williams, not only will it be the biggest steal of the decade, but it will cement Josh McDaniels as the worst man in the world. That would be spectacular. I love Troy, but damn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:19 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it will acutally happen but Marshall would be a perfect fit. H can give Flacco the big reliable possession WR along with the deep threat they've never had. He's big, strong and physical and would fit right in especially in the NFC North. I'm not really worried about the "character concerns" because its never affected his play on the field and #52 will keep him in line.