Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who do you think is going to win the NFC North?
Chicago Bears 6 7.89%
Detroit Lions 5 6.58%
Green Bay Packers 29 38.16%
Minnesota Vikings 36 47.37%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
S T R I N G
Rookie

S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.
Question NFC North Division Champions

Who do you think is going to win the NFC North?

Respond to the poll and post your explanation here.
S T R I N G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went homer.

Tough to say in reality. On paper, Minnesota is the off season champs, but something tells me ( or hopes ;)) Minny flops with Favre and Chicago or Green Bay are going to come away with it.

Very intriguing division this season, for a change.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with the Vikings I had them winning even before #4 their D and running game is just to good but I'm not ready to say SB.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford deep to Megatron. Who's going to stop that from taking the Lombardi trophy home this year?
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Stafford deep to Megatron. Who's going to stop that from taking the Lombardi trophy home this year?
Hmmm.... I should let Sniper answer this, but I'm afraid he'll miss it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Hmmm.... I should let Sniper answer this, but I'm afraid he'll miss it.

Its funny because when I was writing that response I originally had wrote "not even Charles Woodson" but ended up changing it. so more people can't tell that I'm being entirely sarcastic
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still undecided. I wouldn't be surprised if any of Chicago, Minnesota or Green Bay made the playoffs but I also wouldn't be surprised if any of those teams missed the playoffs. I'll come back and vote later.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a no-brainer. Vikings. Might wanna slow down on thread making buddy.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a homer

But I'm still a man!

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Its funny because when I was writing that response I originally had wrote "not even Charles Woodson" but ended up changing it. so more people can't tell that I'm being entirely sarcastic
You're lucky logic wasn't completely flawed.

they get smoked.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings have the best defense and running attack in the division. They get the nod for me.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you know how absolutely insane it'd be if the Lions won the division? I would marry everyone on this board if that happened.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Do you know how absolutely insane it'd be if the Lions won the division? I would marry everyone on this board if that happened.
That'd be one helluva bachelor party. ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm buying the Vikings. We know they'll have solid defense, and Peterson will keep that run game going. Favre should bring a better passing attack to complete that offense.

I dont trust the Packers changing to a 3-4. That can be a difficult transition.

I don't trust Cutler throwing the ball to a much weaker group of receivers.

Lions don't need a reason for me to doubt them.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you know how absolutely insane it'd be if the Lions won the division? I will marry everyone on this board when that happens.
Fixed for BELIEVE.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been saving myself for marriage. If I married everyone on the board, who would get to pop my cherry?
Old 08-19-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im leaning Vikings. I think the Bears are looking 9-7 ish and will probably just miss the Wild Card spot just like last year.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted the Packers.

All the teams have question marks.

For Minnesota it is mostly can Favre play within the offense and will the OL improve it's pass blocking enough to protect him. Defensively it revolves around pass coverage because we will face a lot of passing as teams don't even bother trying to run.

For Chicago it revolves around their OL and WR on offense, can they both run and pass block better than last year where they were ordinary at both, secondary to that, can they stay together and healthy, WR is obvious, who is the weapons. Defensively can their old defense turn back time or will the continue to deteriorate like they have the last couple of seasons.

Detroit will surprise a few people I think but I can't see them challenging.

Green Bay have the best OL(if it can stay healthy), the best QB and the best WRs in the division, if Grant gives them anything on the ground they should have the best offense by a fair bit. Defensively they are loaded with talent, if it comes together they can be scary, I personally think it will come together for them and that is why I picked them to win the division.

I think Chicago's defense will struggle, last year it looked old and slow, they have done nothing to address that and I just cant put faith in a team coached by Childress that would go against karma by signing a person like Favre, plus we have a poor OL that got weaker at C and better at RT.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, who can vote against JordyzzzzzzzzzzZZzZ.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think with these three teams relatively close I think its gonna come down to what team can stay the healthiest. The Vikes are gonna be pretty **** scary this year, but I think the Pack have the most complete team in the division going into this year. (Maybe I'm just a homer though:D)

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even without Favre, I would still chose the Vikings in this division.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:47 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson's offensive attack is going to take the pressure off of Favre and vice versa. I got the Vikes running away with this one.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:02 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Favre.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:18 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've been saving myself for marriage. If I married everyone on the board, who would get to pop my cherry?
You thought you were saving yourself. But that time when we got really drunk and you thought you fell down the stairs? Not the entire story.

And I think the Lions surprise everyone, win 12 games, and beat out the Giants in the playoffs. Ernie Sims will lead them to victory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:05 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
You thought you were saving yourself. But that time when we got really drunk and you thought you fell down the stairs? Not the entire story.

And I think the Lions surprise everyone, win 12 games, and beat out the Giants in the playoffs. Ernie Sims will lead them to victory.
Our linebackers are better than the Giants LBs!

Sims + Foote + Peterson is completely unstoppable!!!