Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.
Default Columbo re-signed

Quote:
Marc Colombo-T-Cowboys Mar. 9 - 4:38 pm et

Cowboys re-signed RT Marc Colombo to a two-year, $7 million contract.
Colombo received $4 million to sign, according to ESPN's John Clayton. Leonard Davis should now be allowed to play his natural guard position, and, at nearly 370 pounds, should be a difference maker there.
Rotoworld.com
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Makes me smile. That's the deal we wanted.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now, that's a great signing for the Cowboys. Yes, I just used the word great with a move for Columbo. He's a solid RT, and played well last year. This move addresses their interior OL with Davis sliding inside. They have a lot of flexibility in the draft now, which is what makes this move "great", IMO. The cost for Columbo also wasn't much, relatively speaking of course.

If they wanted, they could get aggressive and push up for a free safety. I don't see Reggie Nelson falling to them. But they could be more willing to deal up now, knowing that their OL needs have largely been addressed (I say largely because I'm still not the biggest fan of Flozell Adams at LT).
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very good resigning.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One less thing to worry about.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice for Shreck that he got some more money. Maybe he can get something nice for his friend Donkey.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that sucks....
Old 03-09-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Nice for Shreck that he got some more money. Maybe he can get something nice for his friend Donkey.
HAHAHAHA! OK. That lasted a half a second.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also; this allows Leonard Davis to remain at Guard, his best position. He was very good before Dennis Green tried to force him to be the Left Tackle.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

I didn't know Joe Horn made posts!

Woot!

Anyways, on a serious note, it is a little sad the Jets couldn't sign him.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Now, that's a great signing for the Cowboys. Yes, I just used the word great with a move for Columbo. He's a solid RT, and played well last year. This move addresses their interior OL with Davis sliding inside. They have a lot of flexibility in the draft now, which is what makes this move "great", IMO. The cost for Columbo also wasn't much, relatively speaking of course.

If they wanted, they could get aggressive and push up for a free safety. I don't see Reggie Nelson falling to them. But they could be more willing to deal up now, knowing that their OL needs have largely been addressed (I say largely because I'm still not the biggest fan of Flozell Adams at LT).
I know he didn't really deserve it, but Flozall Adams did make the pro-bowl......He played GREAT at the end of the season.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow you have a really low ranking.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Wow you have a really low ranking.
Haha, yeah...so low that it's simply named after him.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Bradentonian
Rookie

Bradentonian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bradentonian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good signing at a very reasonable price. Also keeps the 'Boys from having to play Fabini or LD at ROT.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

It shouldn't be that low. I am kinda like T.O., I don't really do anything wrong, but everything I say gets blown out of proportion. Oh well.

Anyway, now with a solid o-line, the Cowboys have to be the NFC favorites.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
It shouldn't be that low. I am kinda like T.O., I don't really do anything wrong, but everything I say gets blown out of proportion. Oh well.

That is why you get negative rep.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

We cut Fabini so maybe the Jets will take him back.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That would be funny :)
Old 03-09-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You guys can keep him....

We'll take Fergerson back though.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I know he didn't really deserve it, but Flozall Adams did make the pro-bowl......He played GREAT at the end of the season.
If by great, you mean less crapping..Then yes, Adams played Great at the end of the season
Old 03-09-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

I thought Colombo would get more money this year, seemed like the Cowboys got a steal.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Solid? You want to see solid, check out the Eagles O-line. At least three of our backups could be better than some of your starters, including the big guy you signed, Leonard Davis. 50 mil for a bust is a reason that this year's FA is so crazy. As for the Cowboys being favored to win the NFC East, I think not buddy, they will finish second though, because The Giants have thunder to go with...um, Thunder and the Redskins, well I'll just stop there. But there is no way the Cowboys should be the favorites. You have an unproven QB who made it to the Pro Bowl because all of the Cowboys fans saw him play two games and voted him in. Your O-line still isn't good. You don't know who your #1 RB is. You have a new head coach, TO is losing his game and is OLD, along with Glenn. You have a good LB corp, along with an OK front line on D, but your secondary needs alot of work, as does ours though.I'll just put it like this...
McNabb>Romo
Westbrook>Whoever your starter at RB will be
Tapeh>Who is your FB?
Eagles WR L.J.=Witten
Eagles O-line>>>>>Dallas O-line
Eagles D-line=Cowboys D-line
Eagles LBs Brian Dawkins>>>>>Pat Watkins
Roy Williams>Sean Considine
Eagles CBs>>>>>Dallas CBs
Our K>>>>>Your K
Our (new) P(unknown)Your punter. They are both from Australia, so look out. The battle for Aussie supremacy in punting will be heated next year.
That is 7 in favor of the Eagles and 3 in your favor. No way you win the NFC East next year.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 03-10-2007 at 10:52 AM.
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Are you serious? First of all, know who the players are. Mat McBriar is the best punter int he NFL, and you call him am unknown?

Terence Newman owns your whole team, let alone your CB's, lol.

And w ho cares about FB?

Witten is easily better than L.J. Smith.

And don't get me started abotu how Davis is a bust, he has been 2 the pro-bowl twice. Both as a G, which he will play now. Our o-line is fine now. It is above average atleast.

We are easily a better, and more talented team than you with McNabb, and once he goes down, which he will, we will own you. The Cowboys are the NFC East favorites right now, ask anyone.

D-Unit, please come spank this kid.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Solid? You want to see solid, check out the Eagles O-line. At least three of our backups could be better than some of your starters, including the big guy you signed, Leonard Davis. 50 mil for a bust is a reason that this year's FA is so crazy. As for the Cowboys being favored to win the NFC East, I think not buddy, they will finish second though, because The Giants have thunder to go with...um, Thunder and the Redskins, well I'll just stop there. But there is no way the Cowboys should be the favorites. You have an unproven QB who made it to the Pro Bowl because all of the Cowboys fans saw him play two games and voted him in. Your O-line still isn't good. You don't know who your #1 RB is. You have a new head coach, TO is losing his game and is OLD, along with Glenn. You have a good LB corp, along with an OK front line on D, but your secondary needs alot of work, as does ours though.I'll just put it like this...
McNabb>Romo
Westbrook>Whoever your starter at RB will be
Tapeh>Who is your FB?
Eagles WR L.J.=Witten
Eagles O-line>>>>>Dallas O-line
Eagles D-line=Cowboys D-line
Eagles LBs Brian Dawkins>>>>>Pat Watkins
Roy Williams Eagles CBs>>>>>Dallas CBs
Our K>>>>>Your K
Our (new) P(unknown)Your punter. They are both from Australia, so look out. The battle for Aussie supremacy in punting will be heated next year.
That is 7 in favor of the Eagles and 3 in your favor. No way you win the NFC East next year.
Well, atleast your not a homer
Old 03-09-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

The Eagles are legit, but they lost their MVP when they didn't resign Garcia.