Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-20-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default My Epic film debut

OK so many of you have heard about the casting call for the movie "Strawdogs" I answered. Last night at 7 PM, I began a 12 hour shoot that was amazing and crappy all at once.

When I arrived they sent us through check in and wardrobe. I wore my own clothes so I didn't any of the crap they were offering. The teams' colors were either orange and brown (Blackwater High Bengals) or blue and white (Awatca High Mudbugs - I wonder where they got that idea -we have a local semi-pro hockey team called the mudbugs). After wardrobe they sent us to eat.

Nasty hotdogs and stale nacho chips -yummm

At about 8:30 they took us to the field to begin the shoot. The field they used belonged to the local HS that recently moved to a new facility (which is why they used this location -no one would be in the way). I quickly learned a few things about PA's (Production assistants) 1. They all wear those crappy looking, "I took a drama class in HS" douche bag hats; you know the ones I'm talking about. 2. They are all douche bags or bitches and they don't know nearly as much as they think they do. 3. They worship black electrical tape.

We were led to the field and handed props (signs, pom-poms etc) many people brought there own signs. I could have gotten in with the SWDC sign if I hadn't listened to Brent. During the shoot the teams ran the same 3 plays over and over again. I was lucky enough to sit by a few guys who knew football, but I LOL'd at the people who were upset that they kept running that stupid run play to the left. What was great was when we were ordered to "pantomime" our celebrations - basically cheering in mute. Try acting like you are watching a HS football game and getting excited without making sound. You feel like a ****** I swear.

Numerous times we were told, to change our shirts(colors) and switch sides of the field. At around 1 AM we were fed lunch wich consisted of the dryest, nastiest chicken breast I have ever tasted and some crappy sides (rice, chili, fruit salad).
At about 2 AM we began shooting again. I did get to see James Woods who is in the film.

At one point, delirious due to lack of sleep, I shouted out "We love you James, you were great in Contact" He responded with a thumbs up. I actually was able to get much closer, but they threatened to take away our cameras when some dork got too close and began irritating Woods, so I didn't risk a close up shot. At about 5:30 AM we finished shooting. This led to another hour and a half in line turning in our pay sheets. It was humid as hell that morning, I was tired, sweaty and everyone around me smelt like ass and bad catering. When all was said and done, I rushed home, showered and changed, and rushed off to work. I was in zombie mode all day.

I hope to see this film a year from now and show you all where I am in the movie. If you ever get the chance to answer a casting call like this, I say go for it. Bring a bag to keep your stuff in, a book to read and some deodorant and you'll come out fine.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Last edited by CJSchneider : 08-20-2009 at 09:45 PM.
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's pretty sweet. A few guys may be jealous on here, a couple of dudes have man crushes on Alexander Skarsgard, who is in that movie. James Woods, not so much.

Nothing like that happens around here. Transformers 2 was filming about 25 minutes away from my house but, they were looking for asian extras. So that was a no go. I wouldnt want to be seen in that crappy movie anyway. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So will this be a Teen Wolf situation with you and Strawdogs?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
A few guys may be jealous on here, a couple of dudes have man crushes on Alexander Skarsgard, who is in that movie. James Woods, not so much.
/whistles innocently
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
So will this be a Teen Wolf situation with you and Strawdogs?
I'm not following you?

Old 08-20-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I'm not following you?
An extra in the movie Teen Wolf had his ***** out briefly during filming, it went undetected and made it into the movie. Google it.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ, you're more famous than any of the aspiring film kids on here! Congrats!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sounds like it was more crappy than amazing.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ooo, a piece of candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the moral of this story is that we should rep rape Brent for not getting a SWDC poster into the film.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
So the moral of this story is that we should rep rape Brent for not getting a SWDC poster into the film.
how is that? I was just commenting on how CJ goes to some extra thing and gets in the movie while we have guys going to film school and not doing anything. purely an observation.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does the pay work for something like this?

Last edited by Hollywood : 08-21-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:09 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just last week I walked through an active shot for the movie Going The Distance. Y'all can see me smoking an Olivia cigar walking home through NYC

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:18 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Just last week I walked through an active shot for the movie Going The Distance. Y'all can see me smoking an Olivia cigar walking home through NYC
When I was in Canada on vacation once (yeah I know, **** got wild) I walked straight through the background of a scene for a made-for-TV movie. Some douche tried to tell me to wait to go to my car (they were filming in the parking lot of our hotel) after the scene was done shooting. I flipped him the bird, and stared straight into the camera as I walked through the scene. Pretty sure that didn't make it into the film. I remember seeing a commercial for the movie on like ABC or something but I never did watch it to make sure.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:53 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
you're often paid by the hour or by the day

Old 08-21-2009, 06:12 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
8 bucks an hour for the first 8 hours, then time and a half for the next four. I made about $100 before taxes on the evening.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:22 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'm not so sure rep rape is needed. I was at a distance from the camera that it probably would not have been able to be read anyway. I was in line with the camera all night long. I'm not sure how high up the bleachers they panned, but if they do not crop out the top, I will be able to identify myself.

As for me showing my member, you won't be seeing it in "Strawdogs"; sorry to disappoint you Lions.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Some dont even pay you. My friend did an extra and they werent paid anything. They arent required to pay unless you have a speaking part. His shot was in New Mexico during the spring and there are never any clouds out. They were not given a tent or anything and he came back to class with a horrible sun burn. He was in Year One.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Much of "Year One" was shot here in Louisiana. Many of the people who respond to "Strawdogs" were also in "Year One".

Old 09-05-2009, 10:03 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I received the payment for my services today. A check for 88 dollars and 59 cents for a full nights work. It's a good thing I wasn't planning on making a career move to "professional movie extra".

Old 09-05-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kidnap Alexander Skarsgaard and bring him to me. That man deserves more screen time on True Blood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Kidnap Alexander Skarsgaard and bring him to me. That man deserves more screen time on True Blood.
If the narrative continues in the direction it is, your wish will definitely be fulfilled next season.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
If the narrative continues in the direction it is, your wish will definitely be fulfilled next season.
This is good. Hes far and away the best character on the show. Although I will admit I definitely enjoyed the addition of Sophie Anne. I am a big fan of Skarsgaard, it was a shame to hear he didnt get the role of Thor. The guy is a ******* Viking after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So did the movie come out yet?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

CJ is about this old.