Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who will sign last?...
Smith 14 15.05%
Crabtree 79 84.95%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2009, 10:19 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Crabtree won't be signing any time soon. Most likely after the very start of the season. Hope Smith gets done way before that.

I've soured on Crabtree so much. I've gone from super excited on draft day, to practically hating his guts. This whole saga has been very disturbing for me.
Hating his guts? I'm mildly annoyed, but i don't hate his guts. It's just a rookie holdout. He's holding out because he feels he's a better talent than where he was picked. In principle, it's the same thing our very own Mike Singletary did when he was a player- twice. On the basis of this holdout, i haven't soured on him. I just think most of the hate (not talking about you) comes from what his cousin has said about him holding out the entire year.

My take on the Crabs situation- i want him here, practicing and making an impact and scoring TD's. He's not here, so i'm ready to roll with the guys we have. And when Crabtree signs, i'll welcome him in and the impact he will hopefully bring as a top 10 pick.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 08-22-2009 at 10:24 AM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
he's going to have to tear up, to an extreme degree, to make us Niner fans forget.
Niner fans will forget about this the moment he scores his first TD.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It could have been easily predicted that these would be the last two to sign. It's been Crabtree's attitude and his agent's feeling that he deserves more than a player picked three picks above him and given an excessive contract (Heyward-Bey of course.) Unfortunately he must realize that Mel Kiper's Big Board doesn't equal the amount you'll get paid or the amount you should get paid, it actually matters far more on where you are picked.

I want to strangle Andre Smith's agent, Alvin Keels. I'd also like to kick Katie Blackburn's ass. Keels, Smith's agent, wants a deal slightly more than the ridiculous deal Heyward-Bey received. Meanwhile, Blackburn is unwilling to have him paid that much. So this long, drawn-out process has been hurt primarily due to expected negotiation errors. I really don't believe Smith is the problem here and is having less of a say than Crabtree in his negotiations. Neither party is being particularly unreasonable, it's just that they are on different pages. I would expect this situation to work itself out before the Niners throw Top 7 money at Crabtree.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
I voted Crabtree. His agent and "advisor" have adopted a position not based on reality and his immature ass has bought it hook line and sinker. Factor that in with the fact that he plays a position that isn't known for rookie production along with the Niners having a full depth chart of receivers and an offense that doesn't feature its wideouts and you have the makings of a holdout that really doesn't impact the product on the field.

It is a pr problem that can be dealt with nicely if Josh Morgan makes a couple of nice touchdown catches early in the season and Vernon Davis building on his preseason.

Both of these guys will see their stock plummet if they hold out the season. Smith definitely has equal talent coming out next year and Crabtree has some competition that will have speed on him. Both will see their names taken off several teams' draft boards entirely for pulling stunts like sitting out a season. No way can I see either one of their agents being so foolish as to risk future clients coming on board by blowing it with high profile cases like these.
If I can't sign them, trade them. I honestly think that Smith will sign, but if Crabtree holds to his word and says if I don't get a contract I will re-enter, the Niners should trade him to a team that needs a WR. You don't get any compensation if he doesn't sign, and it would be a wasted 1st round pick.

You could trade him to
The Browns for Edwards (two problematic receivers, that could benefit each others team)
The Giants (Steve Smith is their number one this season, and its not the pro bowler)
The Dolphins (who the hell are their starting receivers?)
and others (too lazy to think of them now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
If I can't sign them, trade them. I honestly think that Smith will sign, but if Crabtree holds to his word and says if I don't get a contract I will re-enter, the Niners should trade him to a team that needs a WR. You don't get any compensation if he doesn't sign, and it would be a wasted 1st round pick.

You could trade him to
The Browns for Edwards (two problematic receivers, that could benefit each others team)
The Giants (Steve Smith is their number one this season, and its not the pro bowler)
The Dolphins (who the hell are their starting receivers?)
and others (too lazy to think of them now)
I've mentioned trading him as welll but there is the problem of finding another team that is willing to overpay him. The only way the Niners could hope to find a sucker to fall for that is to post a phony Youtube clip of Crabs running a 4.3 40 and hope the undead creature across the bay falls for it and ponies up big bucks for two rookie recievers in one year.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crabtree for sure. I don't see him signing anytime soon.

Does he really think he'll get more money if he re-enters the Draft Next year? I bet he does because he's got he brain of a ******** Monkey.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
If I can't sign them, trade them.
The trading deadline passed, i believe August 15th was the exact date.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
The trading deadline passed, i believe August 15th was the exact date.
trading deadline is after the 6th week isnt it

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Yeah.. What the hell August 15th? lol

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Sorry, it's the trading deadline for unsigned draft choices.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Crabtree won't be signing any time soon. Most likely after the very start of the season. Hope Smith gets done way before that.

I've soured on Crabtree so much. I've gone from super excited on draft day, to practically hating his guts. This whole saga has been very disturbing for me.
But you have Josh Morgan! :)

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Al Davis knew what he was doing. You can't say taking DHB was a bad pick if the other guy isnt playing!
That crafty bastard...

Crabs has soured on me though like others have said. I though he would take it in stride but he looks to be like another diva. Problem is, you can't be a diva and get away with it if your not playing/producing
Old 08-22-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think Smith signs first. Rumor has it the Bengals are sweetening the deal by offering some top notch Victoria's Secret bra's for Smith to wear. Athletic bras too, for game day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Smith's Agent
Leaving Cinci. Not any closer on a deal for Andre Smith. Mike Brown says "the ship has sailed on the slotting system".
Mike Brown and family are idiots when it comes to running a business. That is all.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Mike Brown and family are idiots when it comes to running a business. That is all.
No, they're pretty good at running a "business" but they can somehow do it without putting a very consistent product on the field. I've read that the Bengals are one of the more profitable franchises in the league.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's amazing that two of the top three guys with "character concerns" pre draft are the last to sign, surely if you are an agent for a guy like that you want to try and ease some of the concerns instead of creating extra pressure by furthering the claims.

Kudos to Harvin and the Vikes for being that third guy and making sure the contract was done asap.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote