Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 08-23-2009, 02:03 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Titans 53 man roster

What do yall think it will look like?
Heres mine.....

QB- Kerry Collins, Vince Young, Patrick Ramsey
HB-Chris Johnson, LenDale White, Javon Ringer,Chris Henry
FB-Ahmard Hall
WR- Justin Gage, Nate Washington, Kenny Britt, Lavelle Hawkins,Dominique Edison.
TE-Alge Crumpler,Bo Scaife,Jared Cook, Craig Stevens
LT- Michael Roos, Troy Kropog
LG-Eugene Amano
C- Kevin Mawae, Leroy Harris
RG-Jake Scoot
RT-David Stewart, Mike Otto

DE- Kyle Vanden Bosch, Jevon Kearse, Dave Ball, Jacob Ford, William Hayes
DT-Jason Jones,Tony Brown, Kevin Vickerson, Jovan Haye, SenDerrick Marks
OLB-Keith Bulluck, David Thorton, Stanford Keglar, Gerald McRath
MLB-Steven Tulloch, Ken Amano
CB-Cortland Finnegan, Nick Harper,Ryan Mouton, Jason Mccourty,Cary Williams
S- Michael Griffin, Chris Hope, Vincent Fuller, Donnie Nickey

K-Rob Bironas
P-Craig Hentrich

Practice Squad-

AJ Trappasso
Ryan Durand
Mitch King
Dudley Guice
Tanard Davis
LaJuan Ramsey
Larry Birdine
Cary Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Last edited by DoughBoy : 09-05-2009 at 06:46 PM.
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:17 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The absolute only difference I have between your roster and mine, I think the Titans will keep Ken Amato instead of a sixth corner.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:18 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im pretty much agreeing with everything you got, paul williams and chris henry what terribly wasted picks, and agree on rafeal little he will get his chance just not on the titans nice post!... (... i still see jared cook being a dominant split end though i mean this guy has dominant size and speed not to mention how mediocore our wr corp is i might sound crazy but look around the league and tell me which db's can cover this guy!?!?!?!?!) i know im an over zealous fantasizer of titans players though too hahaha =) =) =)
Old 08-23-2009, 02:27 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ah 2 something in the morning on the beaches of the east coast here, voodoo who you knocking on his corners im thinking cary williams? if so ill have to agree, i like mccourty and mouton and faggins has the obvious experience + over 7th round williams
Old 08-23-2009, 02:28 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah probably Williams. Especially if he still has practice squad eligibility.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys I'm questionable about:

RB/FB Quinton Ganther
OT Mike Otto
CB Cary Williams

Also, will we keep 6 CB's? Vincent Fuller plays NB, so we won't need a CB to play Nickel. Do we need 4 CB's to backup Finny and Harper?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Guys I'm questionable about:

RB/FB Quinton Ganther
OT Mike Otto
CB Cary Williams

Also, will we keep 6 CB's? Vincent Fuller plays NB, so we won't need a CB to play Nickel. Do we need 4 CB's to backup Finny and Harper?
We shouldn't. That just seems excessive. I'm thinking more then 3 is just ridiculous (not including Fuller)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay I just updated it for accuracy. I think we will sign a reciver after Nates injury though.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2009, 01:27 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

are any of yall as excited as i am about cook's possibilities? :)
Old 08-25-2009, 01:30 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Jared Cook makes me a happy panda. I admit I was pissed when we picked him but I think he is already one of my favorite Titans and he hasn't even played in a regular season game yet.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Off the topic but I just found my first post and thread (i dont even remember making it)......LOL Im amazin I think this was a month or 2 before the draft.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29496

Dont know what I was thinking with the Hines Ward, Derrick Mason comparison.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2009, 01:36 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Craig Stevens is too good for the titans it's a shame they have so many good TE

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:47 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Craig will get his shot next year with Bo and Alge most likely gone. He is one of the most improved players from last year IMO.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2009, 01:49 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Craig will get his shot next year with Bo and Alge most likely gone. He is one of the most improved players from last year IMO.
this off season I'm gonna try to convince him that St. Louis is where he wants to be :D

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:32 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gotta be said cook makes me moist, he is so unbelievable on madden haha, him CJ and Britt its just too good to be true all we need now is jermaine gresham :D
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Naw, Dez Bryant son. He's a man.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What do yall think it will look like?
Heres mine.....

QB- Kerry Collins, Vince Young, Patrick Ramsey
HB-Chris Johnson, LenDale White, Javon Ringer
FB-Ahmard Hall, Quienton Ganther
WR- Justin Gage, Nate Washington, Kenny Britt, Mark Jones, Lavelle Hawkins
TE-Alge Crumpler,Bo Scaife,Jared Cook, Craig Stevens
LT- Michael Roos, Troy Kropog
LG-Eugene Amano
C- Kevin Mawae, Leroy Harris
RG-Jake Scoot
RT-David Stewart, Mike Otto

DE- Kyle Vanden Bosch, Jevon Kearse, Dave Ball, Jacob Ford, William Hayes
DT-Jason Jones,Tony Brown, Kevin Vickerson, Jovan Haye, SenDerrick Marks
OLB-Keith Bulluck, David Thorton, Stanford Keglar, Gerald McRath
MLB-Steven Tulloch, Ryan Fowler, Ken Amano
CB-Cortland Finnegan, Nick Harper,Ryan Mouton, Jason Mccourty,DeMarcus Faggins,
S- Michael Griffin, Chris Hope, Vincent Fuller, Donnie Nickey

K-Rob Bironas
P-Craig Hentrich

Practice Squad-
AJ Trappasso
Dominique Edison
Ryan Durand
Mitch King
Dudley Guice
Tanard Davis
LaJuan Ramsey
Larry Birdine
Cary Williams
I agree for the most part.

Couple of things:
1. I could possibly see us keeping 4 RBs this season because Chris Henry has actually (supposedly) been very impressive in camp this offseason. Maybe they keep him around for one more year and make a decision next offseason when Lendale will be a FA.
2. I could MAYBE see either Quinton Ganther or Casey Cramer sticking at FB. Ganther's a better runner, but Cramer's a better ST player. Ultimately, if one sticks (a big "IF"), I think it'll be Cramer.
3. The #5 WR position seems to be up for grabs. Either Mark Jones, Chris Davis, or Dominique Edison, I think. Jones' injury has hurt his stock, as has Davis' DUI. Edison's rookie status hurts him slightly because Fisher has a clear bias towards his vets. I'd like to see Edison be the guy; but I think it'll be either Jones or Davis.
4. I think we definitely keep 8 OL this year because of Mawae's age and injury status. Will it be Mike Otto? Cory Lekkerkerker? Fernando Velasco? Who knows? Could be any of them.
5. The final CB battle (#5 CB) is going to be down-to-the-wire, I think. Probably between Cary Williams, Jason McCourty, and Tanard Davis. McCourty's looked good in the preseason, and Davis has been good in camp. Apparently, Cary is the best athlete out of the three (and may be the best pure athlete out of all our CBs). Too close to call.
6. I think the PS can only hold 7-8 players, not 9. Also, I'm pretty sure that LaJuan Ramsey is ineligible. I'm not sure about Larry Birdine (I doubt he'd make it to PS anyway...some team would probably pick him up). Cary Williams is tough too because we put him on IR last season (which, from what I read, can sometimes affect PS eligibility).

Last edited by MicktheGreat : 08-26-2009 at 06:13 PM.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Here are the guys that made the practice squad....

Paul Williams, offensive linemen Ryan Durand and Fernando Velasco, safety Nick Schommer, defensive tackle Mitch King, running back Rodney Ferguson and receiver Phillip Morris.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...practice+squad

We still have room for another player.

Quote:
Old 09-06-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I don't know how practice squad eligibility works but I'm kind of surprised Paul Williams has any.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:13 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Jim Wyatt says a deal with Matt Jones could be coming soon, anybody want to guess who would be cut if we were to sign him? I would say Chris Henry or Hawk.

BTW why would we wait after week 1 to sign him? We have plenty of cap space and getting him into practice is far more important than his salary (which should not be high to begin with). I love Mike Reinfeldt, but he is slower than christmas.

Quote:

Last edited by DoughBoy : 09-07-2009 at 04:19 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Jim Wyatt says a deal with Matt Jones could be coming soon, anybody want to guess who would be cut if we were to sign him? I would say Chris Henry or Hawk.

BTW why would we wait after week 1 to sign him? We have plenty of cap space and getting him into practice is far more important than his salary (which should not be high to begin with). I love Mike Reinfeldt, but he is slower than christmas.
Hopefully we'd cut Chris Henry. I mean, he's gonna be an automatic inactive for every game anyways and Lavelle has more potential IMO, but you never know.