Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-09-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.
Default Packer Rumors

I thought it would be appropriate to have a thread just for this so everyone can post up rumors they read.

Ill kick it off with arrigos daily read.

The Packers are working on a deal with FB Justin Griffith and it looks like he will be a Packer by Monday morning. I was told Griffith REALLY liked the facilities and thinks he can help the Packers do some good things.

The Packers would indeed have interest in Ruben Droughns when he gets released by the Browns later in the week.

Look for the Packers to address their running back and tight end issues in the draft. They don't have to much interest in Jeremy Stephens and feel this they can get a solid tight end during the draft. A player that people should keep an eye on is Ben Patrick out of Delaware.

The Packers are trying to get RB Dominic Rhodes in for a visit from what I learned.

I was told by a good source that the Packers front office is indeed looking to trade up for a running back, and feel they have a good shot in doing so, but if not look for a play maker to be taken at the #16 spot that would have an impact right away in some capacity.

Tory James was in Green Bay yesterday and may be the Packers nickle back next season because things went well. He would upgrade a secondary that has two of the best man on man CB's in Al Harris and Charles Woodson.

The Packers have not the Seahawks about Darrell Jackson, and I have been told, don't plan to.

Still no movement on the Randy Moss trade front between the Raiders, Packers and Jags (the ONLY 3 teams that are seriously considering a move.

I was told the Packers may be considering a deal that would land them BOTH the Patriots 1st round picks, by swapping the #16 pick with them.

There are a few Safety's the Packers really like LSU's LaRon Landry, Reggie Nelson, Jason Wendling, Eric Weddle, Sabby Piscitelli and Tanard Jackson (who can also play CB).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be totally opposed to the trade of our 1st rounder for both of NE's 1st rounders. We would get the better value out of that deal, of course it would most likely cost us Lynch or Landry but we could still address safety and TE in the 1st and then maybe get a 2nd round RB (though none really stand out to me). GB would have to give up their 1st & 2nd for NE's two 1st rounders and their 6th rounder to make the trade even. But then again the team moving up generally takes the hit when it comes to value. Honestly I'd rather they stay put and take Lynch or Landry, but if they both are gone then I'd take the trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
PackAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit View Post
I thought it would be appropriate to have a thread just for this so everyone can post up rumors they read.

Ill kick it off with arrigos daily read.

The Packers are working on a deal with FB Justin Griffith and it looks like he will be a Packer by Monday morning. I was told Griffith REALLY liked the facilities and thinks he can help the Packers do some good things.

The Packers would indeed have interest in Ruben Droughns when he gets released by the Browns later in the week.

Look for the Packers to address their running back and tight end issues in the draft. They don't have to much interest in Jeremy Stephens and feel this they can get a solid tight end during the draft. A player that people should keep an eye on is Ben Patrick out of Delaware.

The Packers are trying to get RB Dominic Rhodes in for a visit from what I learned.

I was told by a good source that the Packers front office is indeed looking to trade up for a running back, and feel they have a good shot in doing so, but if not look for a play maker to be taken at the #16 spot that would have an impact right away in some capacity.

Tory James was in Green Bay yesterday and may be the Packers nickle back next season because things went well. He would upgrade a secondary that has two of the best man on man CB's in Al Harris and Charles Woodson.

The Packers have not the Seahawks about Darrell Jackson, and I have been told, don't plan to.

Still no movement on the Randy Moss trade front between the Raiders, Packers and Jags (the ONLY 3 teams that are seriously considering a move.

I was told the Packers may be considering a deal that would land them BOTH the Patriots 1st round picks, by swapping the #16 pick with them.

There are a few Safety's the Packers really like LSU's LaRon Landry, Reggie Nelson, Jason Wendling, Eric Weddle, Sabby Piscitelli and Tanard Jackson (who can also play CB).
I would have no problem at all with the Pack trading down for BOTH of New England's 1st rounders...we could potentially pick up 2 immediate starters right off the bat with the depth in this draft.

By the way, where EXACTLY is Arrigo's Daily Read? I've searched and searched but can't seem to find the website
Old 03-09-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

oh its actually his "From The Sidelines" or something. his website is www.warroomdraftguide.com or something. he mostly posts on packerchatters.com however

griffith is signed by the raiders btw

if we trade down with the pats id like to see griffin and jarret/ginn picked

Quote:
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
Old 03-09-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack View Post
I would have no problem at all with the Pack trading down for BOTH of New England's 1st rounders...we could potentially pick up 2 immediate starters right off the bat with the depth in this draft.

By the way, where EXACTLY is Arrigo's Daily Read? I've searched and searched but can't seem to find the website
isn't it on packerchatters?
Old 03-09-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Rodgers and Lynch_07 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i'm disappointed in TT. Griffith got a 3 year deal worth 3.8 mil. This would have been a BARGAIN. Not to mention Griffith might have came to GB for less money but TT wasn't active enough. This ticks me off.

http://www.wisconsin-sports.com/
Rodgers and Lynch_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im never going to read Arrigo "rumors" again. He just full of s**t.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Gravedigger42
Rookie

Gravedigger42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rhodes signed with Oak but I haven't seen anything about Griffith signing.
Gravedigger42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Rodgers and Lynch_07 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Its on KFFL.com

http://www.wisconsin-sports.com/
Rodgers and Lynch_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Gravedigger42
Rookie

Crap. I was really hoping we would sign him. Oh well, I have faith in TT. He hasn't steered us wrong yet.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger42 View Post
Crap. I was really hoping we would sign him. Oh well, I have faith in TT. He hasn't steered us wrong yet.
I guess if you don't count going from 10-6 to 4-12.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgers and Lynch_07 View Post
i'm disappointed in TT. Griffith got a 3 year deal worth 3.8 mil. This would have been a BARGAIN. Not to mention Griffith might have came to GB for less money but TT wasn't active enough. This ticks me off.
Why would he come to Green Bay for less money? Yes the Raiders aren't a very good team, but the Packers aren't the Superbowl contendors that some of you are making them out to be.

Not to mention that Green Bay has difficulty drawing people to an area where there is little to do. I personally love the Midwest, but I'm not a big baller either.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Why would he come to Green Bay for less money? Yes the Raiders aren't a very good team, but the Packers aren't the Superbowl contendors that some of you are making them out to be.

Not to mention that Green Bay has difficulty drawing people to an area where there is little to do. I personally love the Midwest, but I'm not a big baller either.
I have no clue as to why he would play here for less, it seems illogical to me. Here's what I wrote in the Griffith thread:

How do you know TT didn't offer him more than Oakland? Maybe he just didn't want to be in GB. I hate that everybody just always assumes that TT low balled them. I'm sorry but GB just isn't that big of a draw, if I could live there or in California I'd def choose Cali if the monies are pretty similar. TT proved last year that he'll pay players by offering Woodson and Arrington both huge contracts. Arrington chose to play for less just so he could be in NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
I have no clue as to why he would play here for less, it seems illogical to me. Here's what I wrote in the Griffith thread:

How do you know TT didn't offer him more than Oakland? Maybe he just didn't want to be in GB. I hate that everybody just always assumes that TT low balled them. I'm sorry but GB just isn't that big of a draw, if I could live there or in California I'd def choose Cali if the monies are pretty similar. TT proved last year that he'll pay players by offering Woodson and Arrington both huge contracts. Arrington chose to play for less just so he could be in NY.
Speaking of Arrington I wouldnt mind taking him as a situational player.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Gravedigger42
Rookie

In response to the record thing. You can thank Sherman for that with all his overpriced free agent signings and cap space mess that TT had to clean up before he could start building a wnning team again. I know this isn't the thread to get into it but since you brought it up. If Sherman wouldn't have signed guys like Hunt and Johnson and made the worst draft picks in Packer history other than Mandrich, TT might've been able to keep those OL's that everyone gives him so much crap for letting go. Sherman was riding his predecessors team to good records while he was managing the future of the team into a downward spiral. TT has cleaned that up and in a short two years got the Pack back to being competitive.

Sorry about being off-toic so thats all I'll say regarding the issue in this theread.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:27 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post

The way GB feels about football though is incomparable to any other city and players here are all people care about. Living in So. Cal can be nice but it isn't the same when it comes to football

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Julius Jones has been rumored as a player to be traded. GB and BUF seem to be likely destinations.

I wouldnt mind giving up a 3rd rounder for him. Although I'd rather deal our 3rd rounder for moss.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordscords View Post
Julius Jones has been rumored as a player to be traded. GB and BUF seem to be likely destinations.

I wouldnt mind giving up a 3rd rounder for him. Although I'd rather deal our 3rd rounder for moss.
I really don't see TT trading picks for anyone other than Moss. Also, I really don't consider Julius Jones a special player and think that the draft will fill our need at RB.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordscords View Post

Moss would certainly be better value for a 3rd rounder but the draft will most likely be our solution for RB

Old 03-12-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

"Alot of what I am being told is the Packers will upgrade the offense in this draft and look to add AT LEAST 2 play makers in that side of the ball. The hot names I hear right now are Adrian Peterson, Ted Ginn, Marshawn Lynch, Robert Meachem, Greg Olsen, Sidney Rice, Dwayne Jarrett, Craig "Buster" Davis, Dwayne Bowe, Antonio Pittman and Dwayne Wright.

With the Browns adding Jamal Lewis and the Texans adding Ahman Green, the teams in "need" of a RB in the top 10 picks are decreasing. So that led the Packers and Redskins to start talking about a deal that would send the #16 pick, a 2nd round pick this year, and either a 2 next year or a 4 this year for the #6 pick in the draft IF Adrian Peterson is available.

Justin Griifith had a REALLY decent offer from the Packers on the table, but Oakland made a bigger offer and he took it.

A source told me that Green Bay like Lynch, but they see him "tip toeing" through holes sometimes and question whether he can take the NFL pounding. He has split time with JJ Arrington and Justin Forsett the past 3 years and still has some nagging injury questions.

I was also told that if a deal cann't get done to move up and Ted Ginn was available, the Packers would be hard pressed not to take him. He fills 3 needs for them (deep threat, return specialist and play maker) and most of their scouts view him as a "Steve Smith" type down the road.

Brett Favre is ahead of schedule in his recovery from ankle surgery.

The Packers have talked to Detroit about Tatum Bell, and the Cowboys about Julius Jones, but I was told it is unlikely they will bring in a RB before the draft.

One of the reasons why Dauntè Stallworth signed w/ New England was his deal (6 yrs 33 mill) is really a 1 year deal. IF he shows he can stay healthy and have an impact, the Pats will kick in a $6 mill roster bonus and make the rest of the deal "active".

The Buccaneers have called (again) inquiring about Randy Moss, who is STILL on the block.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers take Adam Carriker with the 11th overall pick. I was told they have ALOT of interest in him as well as Patrick Willis.

The Lions may be really considering drafting Brady Quinn. His stock is on the rise again and the Lions need a QB for the future.

LaRon Landry's name has been mentioned w/ the Texans, Falcons, Cardinals, 49ers and St. Louis.

I was told the Rams REALLY like Reggie Nelson, and Patrick Willis.

The Vikings have expressed alot of interest in Jamaal Anderson, Leon Hall and Brady Quinn.

The Falcons have expressed some interest in Landry, Okoye, Branch, Hall, Jarrett, Meachem and Nelson.

I was told the NFL is expected to suspend Pac Man Jones, no word on the length of the suspension.

The Vikings are considering bringing in Ian Scott, Cato June and Nick Harper.

Keely Washington should be signing w/ the Dolphins some time this week since the Pats signed Stallworth, Washington is running out of options and the 'Phins really like him."

Quote:
Old 03-12-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thats from Joe Arrigo right??
Old 03-12-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds8582 View Post
Thats from Joe Arrigo right??
If it is there's probably little accuracy

Old 03-12-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
If it is there's probably little accuracy
Arrigo is nothing but a glorified guesser.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arrigo is full of ****.
I don't think one of his offseason predictions have come true.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, this guy just loves to put ppls hopes up then when it doesnt happen he comes up with so many excues to defend himself.