Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:54 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seriously why does he want more money than where he was picked? Do you think you really deserve top 5 money, even though you were picked 10th? You were picked where u were picked.

Who else is unsigned?
Andre Smith, Crabtree, Aaron Maybin

When was the last time it took this long to sign all of the rookies, or that this many sat our for this long?

Russell hold the record right?
Old 08-25-2009, 02:02 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybin signed last week.. It's down to Andre Smith and Michael Crabtree.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bush tried to play the Saints for a while for #1 money.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:42 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's trying to play us for #3 money or something like that.

"Can't do it.. "

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he just won't settle for any less than DHB got...which sort of makes sense because nobody in football except Al Davis thinks DHB is a better receiver than Crabs.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
I think he just won't settle for any less than DHB got...which sort of makes sense because nobody in football except Al Davis thinks DHB is a better receiver than Crabs.
That doesn't matter, its he say. Reality is that Crabtree was taken 10th overall, if he doesn't like it then he can always go play for dimes somewhere else.

It should be a rule if a rookie doesn't join his team before the start of the first preseason game then they get fined by the team.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Crabtree. I'm so sick of this bastard. The team has a standing offer that is 18% over what the previous #10 pick got last year. This slots him directly between the #9 and #11 picks this year. That is a fair offer. And he'll eventually sign it. And he'll instantly become a 10-digit millionaire. And he's essentially thrown away his rookie season. And he essentially will get all this money for nothing this year. So ... yeah ... **** Crabtree.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Diva.

Thats why he fell in the first place. Recognize your own flaws young man. The NFL will welcome you harshly.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it makes no kind of sense. he got picked #10 and should get paid more than #9 and less than #11. it's just that simple. whether he thinks he's the best player in the draft.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
it makes no kind of sense. he got picked #10 and should get paid more than #9 and less than #11. it's just that simple. whether he thinks he's the best player in the draft.
I'm sure you meant less than the #9 and more than the #11 ;)
Old 08-25-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
I'm sure you meant less than the #9 and more than the #11 ;)
Ahhhhh yeah I see

Old 08-25-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's what his agent is arguing. He's trying to break the slotting system because I'm sure that the 49ers management have told him that he was the top guy on their board, and most everybody in, associated with, or even following the NFL thinks that Crabtree is better than Hayward Bey. Crabtree's teams position is if you think I'm better than this guy, pay me more than him. They're saying that just because a team that happened to be picking ahead of you didn't pick me, doesn't mean that I'm a less valuable player.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Quote:
That's what his agent is arguing. He's trying to break the slotting system because I'm sure that the 49ers management have told him that he was the top guy on their board, and most everybody in, associated with, or even following the NFL thinks that Crabtree is better than Hayward Bey. Crabtree's teams position is if you think I'm better than this guy, pay me more than him. They're saying that just because a team that happened to be picking ahead of you didn't pick me, doesn't mean that I'm a less valuable player.
Bush did too. Saints Big Board that year was I believe

Reggie Bush
AJ Hawk
Mario Williams

Charley Casserley gave us a give and picked Mario. Bush wanted #1 money because he was #1 on our board but he got picked 2nd and was paid #2 money.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They're saying that just because a team that happened to be picking ahead of you didn't pick me, doesn't mean that I'm a less valuable player.
Tough ****.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Well, too bad for Crabtree! If you think you're so much better, come in and play lights out better than DHB and score a fantastic second contract.

Rookies shouldn't be paid this kind of money anyway without earning it first, but that's a separate issue.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crabtree is not starting off his career well. If he's so much better than DHB, get on the football field and prove it. No better way. Talk is cheap.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Whether or not Crabtree was #1 on the 49ers board is moot. Whether or not everyone thought (key word being thought) Crabtree was the best receiver in draft is also moot. He wasn't the highest rated receiver in the draft, he wasn't the first receiver off the board, he was picked 10th, and that's fact. He gets slotted just like all the other rookies. That's the way it is, and I highly doubt that Crabtree is the kind of player an NFL team is going to disregard the established slotting system for.

I desperately want him to re-enter the draft next year so he can slip out of the 1st round. I can see it now, "you should pay me DHB money because the 49ers had me rated higher than him in the 2009 draft." Classic.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
Whether or not Crabtree was #1 on the 49ers board is moot. Whether or not everyone thought (key word being thought) Crabtree was the best receiver in draft is also moot. He wasn't the highest rated receiver in the draft, he wasn't the first receiver off the board, he was picked 10th, and that's fact. He gets slotted just like all the other rookies. That's the way it is, and I highly doubt that Crabtree is the kind of player an NFL team is going to disregard the established slotting system for.

I desperately want him to re-enter the draft next year so he can slip out of the 1st round. I can see it now, "you should pay me DHB money because the 49ers had me rated higher than him in the 2009 draft." Classic.
He wasn't the highest rated WR in the draft?

Old 08-25-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless your drafting Top 3 the player you picked will be ranked higher than the slot you pick him at. The further into the draft you go the more that gap increases. Its not unusual in Crabs case, every draft some teams get tremendous perceived value on their picks.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am against the Crabtree holdout but not enough of the attention has been drawn to the fact that the Raiders paid Darrius Haeyward-Bey far more than the 18% yearly increase. Crabtree's agent "reportedly" wants the same increase as well.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Misleading college stats from gimmicky offense and still not with team by 3rd pre season game. I smell a future bust.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini View Post
Misleading college stats from gimmicky offense and still not with team by 3rd pre season game. I smell a future bust.
There's nothing misleading about his talent; it's for real. But he's an idiot for holding out the way he's doing. His attitude, not his talent, may cause him to bust.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bush tried to play the Saints for a while for #1 money.
That was never the case..
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Fran should trade his rights to the Broncos for Brandon Marshall.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
San Fran should trade his rights to the Broncos for Brandon Marshall.
Too bad the deadline to trade rookies was 2 weeks ago.