Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 08-26-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
ok, here it goes. Just some minor things I think/feel will happen.

Giants:

-Eli will cement himself as one of the betterQB's in the league. He'll put up nice numbers and win games with what is not a very good or experienced WR corps.

- Our WR corps will have some guys step up on some days, and others on others. No one will seperate themselves as our #1 guy. But Steve Smith will turn some heads. He will emerge as our top guy.

-Osi will remind you how great a player he really is. Extremist elert, BUT: Osi will finish this year and have people talking about him as the #1 DE in the game after this season. 17+ sacks.

- Kevin Boss will be our leading TD guy with around 7 or 8.

- Bradshaw and Jacobs will each eclipse the 1,000 yard mark.

-Ray Rice will emerge as an elite back, breaking the single season rushing record.

-Kenny Phillips will become the next great safety from the "U". He'll reach stud status. Behind Osi, I'm most excited for KP this year.

-Jeff Feagles will continue to defy father time and be more awesome than anyone on Philly, Dallas or Washington.

Iggles:

-Vick will make for an exciting addition. It'll be rusty and not fluid the first 1-2weeks, but weeks 3-7 Vick on the iggs will take the league by storm. Until the league figures out how to shut it down.

-Philly's offense will rip defenses because of their immense speed.

-Their downfall will be if a team out muscles them and figures out a way to keep a check on Westy

-Westy's health is the key. Yea, there's shady. But it's all on Westy and Mcnabb staying healthy.

-Minus JJ (RIP), Dawkins, and Bradley, this defense takes a step or 2 back. Cole loses a step as well, having an off year. (with like 8 sacks still)

Washington:

- I will continue to feel terrible for Jason Campbell and how poorly the Skins have treated him

-Clinton Portis will be awesome.

-However, the rest of the Skins offense will not be.

-Fat Albert will be good. that's it. not great, not dominant, just good.

-Rocky Mac will devour souls and be awesome.

-The Skins corners don't fix their bad case of stone hands

-Laron Landry will lay lots o' people out.

-Except Brandon Jacobs.

-Chris Cooley is recognized as just annoying now.

Dallas:

-Tony Romo isn't the golden boy. And it'll show. He's nothing without Jessica

-Witten will prove he's the best TE in the league. so much so that I'll actually admit it. but i'll still hate his stupid hick face and dumbness

-Martellus Bennet will make a Crunch Berries commercial. and proceed to put up very large numbers.

-Tashard Choice will be better than Felix Jones who'll start sliding to the "bust" catagory after a very disappointing year.

-if one starter on the OL goes down(for more than 2 games), Romo will get injured this season

-Speed rushers will continue to destroy the cowboys OL.

-Barber will cement himself...as the 4th best starter....in the division.

-Garrett will get his stuff together and utilize his plethora of backs and TE's to make up for the extreme lack of talent at WR, making the offense dangerous at times.

records? well since you asked:

Giants 11-5 (division winners)
Eagles: 10-6 (WC)
Cowboys: 7-9 (worst possible scenario for them. they need to win now or tank. Tank to get a stud in the draft and ditch Wade or make the playoffs, winning's contagious)
Skins: 6-10 (they show flashes, but this OL is not good and I don't like the way they're put together. oh and Campbell gives the whole team the bird and just stops playing.)
LMAO look at how homer this post is....

I love when everyone makes a bold prediction.... it's how everyone on there team is so nasty and everyone else has a down year. lmao its great.

Osi best DE in the league and 17+ sacks. Yeah and skip bayless isn't on crack. What a joke lol. I love it.

Now negative rep me cause that is the only way you can react.. hahaha.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

I respect the giants... but dude the was the biggest homer post i have ever seen.

Im not joking.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
LMAO look at how homer this post is....

I love when everyone makes a bold prediction.... it's how everyone on there team is so nasty and everyone else has a down year. lmao its great.

Osi best DE in the league and 17+ sacks. Yeah and skip bayless isn't on crack. What a joke lol. I love it.

Now negative rep me cause that is the only way you can react.. hahaha.
my bold prediction was on Osi. cool. it's a prediction thread, it's what it's here for. And, I neg repped you when you didn't give a reason tough guy. One bold prediction was about how a star DE coming off injury will surprise and dominate. but god forbid you address anything else. Osi's my favorite player in the league, of course I'm gonna homer pimp him up. But no, just look at that and continue to not have logic or reasoning in your posts. that's cool too.

oh and bringing up internet rep! omg! it's so important. people fail to realize neg rep is more of a way to insult stupid people using the words we deem necessary without getting infractions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I respect the giants... but dude the was the biggest homer post i have ever seen.

Im not joking.
the only thing homeris were the Osi and Eli comments, which is barely homerish.

Boss being our red zone target is a fact.

Our Wr's being inconsistant with Smith being our best is just a prediction.

and everyone knows that Ray Rice and Jeff Feagles are the best of all time.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Nobody on the Cowboys will steal hearts and bring joy to the earth? :(

I like most of your calls.
If you had a beast FB that would help your chances, lol.

I played FB and I have a thing for FBs, especially really good ones...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post

it's awesome how the NFC East can be loaded at a position like FB but just be awful at WR. It kinda shows we're a tough, smash mouth, take no prisoners division. i love it.
Quote:
Old 08-26-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
it's awesome how the NFC East can be loaded at a position like FB but just be awful at WR. It kinda shows we're a tough, smash mouth, take no prisoners division. i love it.
What in the hell kind of NFC East is this when the Eagles have the best WR corp (we can all agree this isn't homer-tastic, right?) and a beast FB? lol.

I don't know how I'm going to react...

Old 08-26-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
K.

Yes. I am aware of Jason Witten, but could you please show me where D-Unit mentioned him? Why would I mention someone that we're not debating? Kind of dumb.

You were talking about how the receiving corp and Romo would have a big time drop off without TO, while I say because of Witten and other players stepping in there (Bennett, Jones) TO's loss will not be as big as you expect it. If you actually look back over the whole paragraph, I did mention there would be a noticable dropoff, but not big like you are suggesting.

Fantastic, he might be the best Cowboy's weapon but is he really the best weapon in the NFC East after playing 6 games against some of the worst defenses in the NFL, caught 2 passes and when he actually faced a decent defense he averaged below 4 yards. Sorry but he is not the best weapon in the NFC East, but that isn't to say that he isn't a good weapon.

I think that I said I think that Martellus might break out so... what are you spouting off about?
Spouting off. I'm a little tea pot short and stout. (Coincidentally I in real life, am both short and stout. I guess I'm not allowed to talk about some things I want to just because I quoted your post. O poo.

OK, I think he is a bust because he is not worth the top 10 pick spent on him, he is not worth the huge amount of picks the Cowboys sent to get him. Simply put, Roy Williams is lazy, injury prone and he doesn't play hard, all you have to do is watch all of last year to figure that out, he was awful.

What does this have to do with anything I posted
Nothing. HAHA. Once again, I guess because I quoted you that barrs me from saying anything else.

So Witten is now going to produce good enough numbers to compensate for the loss of TO and keep up his production? Sorry, even if Witten has a career year it still does not compensate for TO. Jason Witten was targeted 120 times and TO was targeted 132 times. My point stands, TO was Romo's favorite target.
And with Witten now as the #1 target unquestionably, his targets will only go up... You think every single yard, catch and TD that TO had will be taken away this season? I highly doubt Romo has anywhere near 1,000 yards less this season. Witten will get more opportunities as will the other young players I mentioned.

So are you even addressing my post anymore?
Nope

So... you attack my post calling it laughable and now you have failed to give any back-up and are going on your own little tangent?
Yup I attacked it. I came up on it in a dark alley and beat the ever living **** out of it. Its time to grow up man, I disagreed with you, gave valid points, and you whine about it, like I'm supposed to agree with you because we are fans of the same team. I disagreed with it, as would many, wah.

The defensive line needs a lot of work. They lost their best DE in Canty and replaced him with Igor Olshansky. Not to mention they lost their Nickel LB in Burnett, they lost their starting LOLB in Ellis and replace them with Carpenter, Brooking and Spencer, two of whom are unknowns and Brooking is on the decline.
If you count Ware as an LB (which I am in this case) Jay Ratliff was their best DL last year, unquestionably, despite his less than perfect fit as a nose, he was much better than Canty. That is not to say Canty wasn't good, he sure as hell was, but Jay Ratliff made a much bigger impact for them in the games I saw.
They lost Ellis and replaced him with Brooking, really not much of a change there, could be good, could be bad, we'll see.
Ellis is replaced by Spencer. I personally don't have confidence in Spencer, so that is one area where I am worried for them.
Olshanksy replaces Canty, and that is just about even there as well.

Overall not much diffrence at all in terms of quality in that front 7. They may need to work as a unit more, much like our OL, but there isn't a major dropoff in talent like you are suggesting. You have to account for the rpelacemnts, not just that they lost someone.

The numbers WITH Canty were this:
When the ball was ran outside of the LT, the Cowboys ranked 3rd in the NFL allowing less than 3 yards per carry.
When the ball was ran behind the LT the Cowboys ranked 14th allowing 4.04 yards per carry.
When the ball was ran up the middle (LG, C, RG) the Cowboys ranked 18th allowing 4.21 yards per carry
When the ball was ran behind the RT the Cowboys ranked 28th allowing 4.6 YPC
When the ball was ran outside the RT the Cowboys ranked 28th allowing more than 4.9 yards per carry.

And the RE (left side of the offense) in Chris Canty who was the best defensive lineman is now gone and who do they replace him with? Igor Olshansky who held down the right side of the Chargers to defense to the tune of a 28th ranking when the opposing team ran behind the LT for upwards of 4.8 yards. Yeah, the front 7 is an issue.

My post is laughable? Please...
Well this post confirmed it for me. You are EF45, and thoguh I've felt this was a distinct possibility for a while, this confirms it. And there was so much potential too...

(obviously I am in a strnage mood right now, but its all good.)

Old 08-26-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This stuff isn't even wrong.

There will be a dropoff in Romo's production without his #1 target. Witten is a fantastic TE but he isn't going to replace TO, is Witten magically going to end up with 1000 more yards and 10 more touchdowns just because TO left and now he will get all of TO's looks? No, there will be a dropoff because TO was far and away the best WR and it is my opinion that Roy Williams is a bust. Of course someone will help compensate for TO's lost production but come on, the numbers will not be the same.

Well you were talking about things in the same order I had them posted so... I thought that you were still replying to me. My bad.

I too count Ware as a LB seeing as that is the position he plays. Also I said Canty was the best DE not the best DL. Ratliff was undoubtedly their best lineman.

Brooking is replacing Zac Thomas btw.

I am accounting for replacements and I do not believe that Spencer, Brooking and Carpenter are better than Thomas, Ellis and Burnett. Neither do I believe that Igor is as good as Chris Canty.

I like Igor and he had a few good years, but last year he played badly and the stats show it. He could have a jump in production/quality once he gets back into the system that he played best in.

So let me get this straight, I said these things:
Romo will not have a breakout year, especially because he lost his #1 target
I do not believe that Roy Williams will adequately replace TO
I don't believe the Cowboys have a legit chance at a superbowl run
I don't think Sam Hurd is going to break out
I don't think that Garrett is a good coordinator and that he will save the day
I don't believe that Wade Phillips will happily take a downgrade for a team that he just led to the playoffs (according to D)
Terrance Newman won't be an all-pro
Felix Jones isn't the best weapon in the NFC East
The offensive line is not that good
The Cowboys receivers are the worst in the division
The defense is the worst in the division
And the only pass rusher they have now is Ware

And for saying these 'blasphemous' things I am now suddenly one of the most notorious homers in the history of the message board? I have stats and logic behind all of these things and none of them are really that outlandish. I'm not here to please all sides like you are (not that there is anything wrong with that).

And I apologize for an miscommunication we may have had in this conversation.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i find it hard to believe that my post was the most homerish thing evar.

but this is the NFC east forum where every post by someone is going to seem homerish to another.

and on Romo, I think he may become more efficient as a passer with shorter routes, more TE involvement and throwing to the backs more. He won't put up huge numbers and I think that this Dallas team will go through a rough patch and if they're lucky, big ol' Wade will take the blame.

outside of a miraculous deep playoff/super bowl run for the Cowboys, the best thing for them in the future is a bad season. Get Wade out of there. Get some WR talent through the draft. Fix some OL problems such as struggling against speed rushers and the putrid depth. I've talked to some cowboys fans i know who are hoping for a 2-14 season haha.
Quote:
Old 08-27-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post

Awe man... You don't know the Deon Anderson story? Boy was homeless while he played football for UCONN. So dedicated to the game of football, he gives all he's got on every play. He lays himself out trying to create holes for our more heralded RBs.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:31 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

When the Cowboys win this division there better be some healthy crow eaters around.

That's all i have to say.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is an outsider opinion! WHEE!

Things I feel will happen.

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

- We will find out exactly what Eli Manning is, good or bad we will find out exactly what Eli Manning is.

- The D and the running game are going to continue to produce.

- Kenny Phillips is going to improve but not break out.

- The passing game will suffer early and may be the worst in the division.

Philadelphia Eagles

- Donovan McNabb will miss multiple games this season.

- Shady's roll will expand as the season goes on.

- Andy Reid will start to run the ball a little bit.

- The D will suffer with all the FA losses. But the loss of JJ will not be as big of a factor as originally suggested.

- Mike Vick is going to remind us that he wasn't that good of a QB to begin with.

- Jason Peters is going to prove that he wasn't worth a first round pick or his huge paycheck.

Dallas Cowboys

- Jason Witten is going to be a pure fantasy stud this season.

- Roy Williams is going to improve from last season but won't be the savior that the Cowboys were hoping for.

- Tony Romo will avoid the post TO slump Roy won't be GREAT but will be good enough.

- Felix Jones will get injured again and the running game suffers again.

- DaMarcus Ware will be seen as the league's most dominant 3-4 OLB.

Washington Redskins

-Albert Haynesworth is going to struggle early in the heat but when winter comes Haynesworth will come to his own.

- The defense is going to be considered one of if not the best unit in the NFC but will still give up alot of points more due to offensive futility than the D's ineptitude.

- Clinton Portis will be the lone shining star on a bad offense.

- Colt Brennen will get his shot at one point in the season.

- The Skins will keep the season record a lot closer than expected.

Now for the records

NY Football Giants 12-4
Dallas Cowboys 10-6
Philadelphia Eagles 8-8
Washington Redskins 8-8

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:38 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
When the Cowboys win this division there better be some healthy crow eaters around.

That's all i have to say.
so what're you gonna do when they don't make the playoffs? will you even still be on the boards?

and god forbid you use logic or reason to backup saying the cowboys will win the division.

and you called my post homerish
Quote:
Old 08-27-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was our emergency FB in high school. I played CB and FS and WR on offense.

But FB was so fun to play. I loved run blocking. But at 150 lbs soaking wet, I didn't make for much of a FB :p

I hated WR. Our qb sucked anyway, I ran around for nothing.

CB was hard as balls. FS was my favorite, but ask any FS, FS can either be the funnest position on defense to play, or the worst, depending on how good the CBs around you are.

Its great when you can just roam and do your thing, but it sucks something awful when the qb says hike, and 4 WRs are open downfield and you as the FS have to pick and choose which one to pick up while 1 of the other WRs catches the ball and runs it in for a touchdown.

Then theres those 215 lb RBs who are running full steam at you, and you as a 150 lb FS have to aim low and pray you don't get a concussion.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me or does it seem that almost every team in the division has 4 guaranteed wins considering they are playing against both the AFC west.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 08-27-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Is it just me or does it seem that almost every team in the division has 4 guaranteed wins considering they are playing against both the AFC west.
No, youre greatly underestimating the effects of traveling from one coast to another. There will be some upsets in those games, I guarantee it.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Awe man... You don't know the Deon Anderson story? Boy was homeless while he played football for UCONN. So dedicated to the game of football, he gives all he's got on every play. He lays himself out trying to create holes for our more heralded RBs.
That really is a nice story, maybe he will steal hearts, but not quite bring joy to the earth...

That being said, he isn't on the calibur of the other FBs in the league if you ask me...

Old 08-27-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I was our emergency FB in high school. I played CB and FS and WR on offense.

But FB was so fun to play. I loved run blocking. But at 150 lbs soaking wet, I didn't make for much of a FB :p

I hated WR. Our qb sucked anyway, I ran around for nothing.

CB was hard as balls. FS was my favorite, but ask any FS, FS can either be the funnest position on defense to play, or the worst, depending on how good the CBs around you are.

Its great when you can just roam and do your thing, but it sucks something awful when the qb says hike, and 4 WRs are open downfield and you as the FS have to pick and choose which one to pick up while 1 of the other WRs catches the ball and runs it in for a touchdown.

Then theres those 215 lb RBs who are running full steam at you, and you as a 150 lb FS have to aim low and pray you don't get a concussion.
I wasn't a FB until high school, I was a almost always a linemen on both sides of the ball until then, and I just love the less celebrated positions. But with me being only 5'8, and my school having a lot of very big guys along the line, they moved me to FB my sophomore year. I had played a few snaps in my youth leagues as a RB, which is why they felt confident I could do it I guess. But I still sayed at DT, so even then I was being called Dan Klecko by some of my more knowledgeable teammates. I love playing along the OL, I was mostly a Center and Guard, but FB was great as well. I was quick enough that I could handle a lot of the extra space that there sometimes is. I was bigger than you though, 185-190 when I was playing so I can only assume by body fit that of a FB better than yours, but man did I love it. Most of our backs weren't good pass protectors, so that is where my linemen days really helped me, though getting used to the little differences took about two months of work for me, listening to my coaches. Though I'm not the type of person to want the ball, it felt like such a rush when I'd get it, lol. I have good hands too so I would catch some shorter passes, though rarely, as our team was more of a run heavy offense. But our starting Varsity FB was a beast, and was waaaay batter than me all around, especially as a run blocker, but he was 6'1 or 6'2 at the time and over 220 lbs easily, just a monster. He's actually starting for Kutztown IIRC, a small college (Andre Reed went there) near where I live. But the lines and positions like FB are my favorite to play for sure.

Old 08-29-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NYG
-Ahmad Bradshaw will prove he's a better all around RB than Brandon Jacobs as he'll average a higher YPC, more receptions and as good of pass pro
-Mario Manningham may be borderline ********, but he'll still give us a viable deep threat that teams will respect by week 8, uponing up the underneath and intermediate routes for Smith, Nicks and Boss
-Osi re-establishes himself as one of the league's best DEs and takes double-teams off of Tuck
-Antonio Pierce will race a cripple and lose
-Terrell Thomas will start for the injured Aaron Ross and with his play will stop the coaches from giving Ross the job back once he's fully healthy.
-Jeff Feagles continues to pwn father time

Eagles
-While the eagles field their most explosive team in the McNabb era they struggle to string together significant drives in crunch time
-Despite losing Dawk, JJ and Stewart their defense doesn't skip a beat and remains top 10
-Jason Peters continues to struggle in the early part of the season but turns it on as the playoffs draw near, still ending with 11 sacks against but finishing the season the elite LT we saw in buffalo two years ago
-Andy Reid actually calls runs until Brian Westbrook gets banged up causing Reid to proclaim that running the ball is for suckers as the eagles average 8 rushes per game from that point forward.
-Donovan McNabb gets banged up and is replaced by michael vick, despite becoming Philly's leading rusher after two games Vick still completes only 48% of his passes.
-Donovan still doesn't know NFL games can end in a tie.

Dallas
-Wade Phillips...he's terrible
-Jason Garrett...he's terrible
-Tony Romo...he's awesome but with a weakened group of WRs teams focus on shutting down Witten which castrates the dallas passing attack
-Despite having the highest per carry average in the NFC East the Cowboys challenge the Eagles for least rushes in a season
-On his way to matching Michael Strahan's sack record DeMarcus Ware sacks OC Jason Garrett when on 4th and inches Garrett calls a third straight PA pass to a triple covered Jason Witten

Redskins
-Fat Albert is his dominant self, but with no help from the offense Haynesworth is worn down by half time in each game.
-Colt Brennan starts three games
-Marko Mitchell wins a starting spot by the mid point of the season
-Carlos Rogers continues to try and surpass Will Allen for worst hands in NFC East history
-Fred Smoot proves himself to be a tougher and better tackler than DeAngelo Hall, wrestling away a starting CB spot.
-After leading the league in rushing for the first 10 weeks Clinton Portis shuts it down as the Redskins Offensive Line challenges Detroit and San Fran for the worst in the league

NFC East
NYG 11-5
Philly 10-5-1
Dallas 9-7
Washington 6-10 (they are 6-5, before closing the season with 5 straight loses)
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
No, youre greatly underestimating the effects of traveling from one coast to another. There will be some upsets in those games, I guarantee it.
I think you are greatly underestimating exactly how bad the AFC West is this season.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 08-30-2009, 01:24 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by u8pp View Post
I'm an Eagles fan and I say
Giants 11-5
Eagles 10-6
Cowboys 8-8
Redskins 7-9

Once again the NFC East retains its status as the best division in football. Every game between division opponents is a tight-played two-way physical beatdown. Eagles and Giants play each other in the NFC Championship.
Unfortunately for a Skins fan, your prediction to me seems to be the most accurate. The Skins are too solid a team outside the division for others to predict a 4-12 to 6-10 record. Jason Campbell based on the NE pre performance appears to be more willing this year to attack down the middle of the field.

And I still believe the Skins have the most talented WRs corps in the division with Malcolm Kelly,(6'4), Devin Thomas,(6'2, 4.3), Moss, ARE, and rookie Marko Mitchell,(6'4, 4.4).

The real issue is there is no depth at all on the Oline, or at RB, and it's guaranteed one or more starters will go down during the season with injuries. If Samuels misses more than 2 games, the season is in the toilet.

The LB corps is okay, but the backups are basically STers.

IMO Hayensworth is going to put someone's starting QB out with an injury, he really does have a nasty disposition/split personality!! After he drove Brady into the dirt with his 350 pounds planted into his right shoulder, Bad Al stood up and offered Brady a hand up!!!

If Jason Campbell goes through a Brees like transformation this year, the Skins could challenge for a wildcard. If he's the JC that led the SKins to a 2-6 record the 2nd half of last season, 8-8 or 7-9 is probably the ceiling for wins.

EDIT: Osi maybe tops out at 14 sacks. I don't where 17+ comes from except for crazy love for the Big Blue.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 08-30-2009 at 01:32 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osi gets those type of predictions because he's our best DE and there will be plenty of pass rushers that will try to take away some of the double-teams away from him. That said i don't think he'll get crazy numbers because there'll be a lot of times where he could get a sack but someone else will get it first.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dirty Thirty NFC East Standings Prediction:

1. Philadelphia Eagles 11-5
2. New York Giants 9-7
3. Washington Redskins 9-7
4. Dallas Cowboys 8-8

Dirty Thirty Team Predictions:

Eagles

- McNabb makes the Pro Bowl
- Fokuo starts at MLB by year end
- Vick rushes for more tds than he throws
- Desean eclipses 1000 yards receiving
- Westbrook kills the Redskins

Giants

- Eli does something dumb
- Bradshaw finishes with more total yards than Jacobs
- No current rostered receiver establishes himself as a #1
- Tuck has more sacks than Osi (both in double digits)

Redskins

- Moss leads the NFC East in receiving
- Portis leads the NFC East in rushing
- Campbell finishes last in the NFC East for QB Rating
- Orakpo wins DRTOY
- London Fletcher makes his first pro bowl

Cowboys

- Witten leads the team in receptions, yards, and tds
- Romo dates a blonde and it gets a lot of media attention
- Felix Jones averages over 5 ypc and has over 5 tds
- Demarcus Ware continues to be crazy good...
- Bye bye Wade Phillips
Old 09-06-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants
-- Eli will suck pretty bad
-- Jacobs will get injured
-- Bradshaw will be pretty damn good
-- No WR get anything done except Nicks
-- D is great
-- Osi is not
-- Wild Card and pray for horrid Jan weather. If so, SB IMHO.

Cowboys
-- O will be great ...
-- Until one of the OL goes down
-- Jones might average 8 YPC on 150 carries.
-- WR are much better than expected
-- D suffers lack of true NT and ILB
-- Win division but get bounced

Redskins
-- Haynesworth is a bust
-- Campbell is a bust
-- Coach gets fired
-- WR, except Moss, are over-rated
-- OL over-rated
-- Last place
-- Landry hurts a few people

Eagles