Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 09-10-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I can't really pin point where it started. It might have been three mid late season injuries. Might have been the TO incident and no one was giving him his rightful part of the blame. I was really angry when he came out on ESPN and whined about how it was so much harder being a black QB in the league at a time when he was sucking it up. Mama McNabb's bitter sweet comment about Garcia leading the Eagles to the playoffs. All of it added fuel to the fire.
I can understand not liking him complaining about being a black QB, but really, all of those other things are out of his control, but its fine, I won't try to change your mind, as I'm sure I would waste my time, lol. Its just something I've been wondering for a while...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
My point exactly but Garcia's QB rating was almost 10 points higher than Favre.
Favre also didn't have a great season last year, he had a bunch of good games early on then really struggled down the stretch. So his 81 QB rating was well deserved.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is so off the subject.

I'm curious to know if you have any NFC East predictions quincy.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
This thread is so off the subject.

I'm curious to know if you have any NFC East predictions quincy.
I think the Cowboys are a very good team not necessarily a great team, but I don't think the Giants and Eagles are as good as everyone is making them out to be. So I think the Cowboys will win the division because Eagles and Giants are overrated.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles 16-0
Giants 4-12
Cowboys 2-14
Redskins 0-16

Looks good to me. :D

Eagles
Cowboys
Giants
Redskins

is my actual order.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:42 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What have the Cowboys done in recent years to warrant all this love??

They are the definition of chokers/underachievers, and won't win big again until Jerrah brings in a new HC.

IMO Dallas struggles to to reach 9-7 this year. 8-8 is more likely.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post

They are the definition of chokers/underachievers, and won't win big again until Jerrah brings in a new HC.

because you're looking at predictions from cowboys fans and one of the biggest Eli haters on the planet. I love sniper, but he hates Eli to no end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
because you're looking at predictions from cowboys fans and one of the biggest Eli haters on the planet. I love sniper, but he hates Eli to no end.
I just think he's massively overrated by the Giants' fans on here. He also hasn't proven he can consistently spread the ball around without Plaxico there to take a safety out of the box. I don't think Dallas will be that good, but I do think they'll be better than NY. I also think everyone will beat each other once.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I just think he's massively overrated by the Giants' fans on here. He also hasn't proven he can consistently spread the ball around without Plaxico there to take a safety out of the box. I don't think Dallas will be that good, but I do think they'll be better than NY. I also think everyone will beat each other once.
He is over-rated, but most of us here don't view him as a god and top 5 QB. He's in the upper half of the league around 10-14 range of QB's.

He hasn't had to spread the ball around without Plax, which is why he hasn't proved it. He used to just heave it up to Plax, but of course he hasn't proven he can do it, he had plax except for what? His rookie year and the last few games of last season. People look to that, but many don't understand the rythm and timing that a QB and WR need. 5 weeks is hardly enough, with gameplanning and all that jazz.

Our D, run game and OL alone will power us to be better than Dallas. I'm shocked you have them over us, I thought you were better than that. Talking about proven, Romo loses his best WR like Eli and that puts them above us? How's that make sense?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott has Dallas in the Super Bowl in his blog prediction. Woot!!!!

Right now, I'm guessing either Philly or NY will have a major let down. I can't figure out who yet. NY with their weak/young receiving corps? Or Philly with their overrated/injured OL, old/recent surgically repaired leg on Westbrook, and Bradley gone down? In my predictions I have NY winning the division by 1 game and Dallas in 2nd. Philly... then Washington.

Philly is the biggest choke team of all time. I still love Creekeagle's sig "THIS IS OUR YEAR!" hahahahhahahaha. Love that guy. Miss his funny commentary.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
He is over-rated, but most of us here don't view him as a god and top 5 QB. He's in the upper half of the league around 10-14 range of QB's.

He hasn't had to spread the ball around without Plax, which is why he hasn't proved it. He used to just heave it up to Plax, but of course he hasn't proven he can do it, he had plax except for what? His rookie year and the last few games of last season. People look to that, but many don't understand the rythm and timing that a QB and WR need. 5 weeks is hardly enough, with gameplanning and all that jazz.

Our D, run game and OL alone will power us to be better than Dallas. I'm shocked you have them over us, I thought you were better than that. Talking about proven, Romo loses his best WR like Eli and that puts them above us? How's that make sense?
Honestly I think your D is overrated. Your LBs don't scare anyone. Many people are calling you guys as the #1 Defense. I honestly think Washington has a better defense. What makes your team good is that they have always played "team ball" and the chemistry has carried you through as you played above your capabilities. The exact opposite of Dallas in the past.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post

I would wholeheartedly agree to this.

Dallas wins 8 games, and loses all 4 in december.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Honestly I think your D is overrated. Your LBs don't scare anyone. Many people are calling you guys as the #1 Defense. I honestly think Washington has a better defense.
LBs are the most interchangeable parts in that defense. They're really not that highly valued. Their defensive lines and secondary are very good.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Philly is the biggest choke team of all time.
They sure looked like it in the "win and you're in" game last year.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
LBs are the most interchangeable parts in that defense. They're really not that highly valued. Their defensive lines and secondary are very good.
Point valid, but let's not be so quick to shove aside their importance. So back to my point, they are not the #1 defense (not even Top 3) and are overrated. I'm sure you agree.

I'm really interested to see how they stack up against the new short pass focus Dallas has implemented and another year of Washington being in the WCO. We're gonna dink and dunk until they bite and then hurt em deep. I don't see how the LBs are going to win battles against Witten and Bennett or the RBs out of the backfield all game long.

Is Canty healthy? What's his status?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Canty hasn't been on the injury list all week. Also, don't forget we signed Boley for just the reasons you mentioned D-Unit.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
They sure looked like it in the "win and you're in" game last year.
The one you guys had AT HOME? lol. If Romo wasn't out for a month, that game would've been meaningless. ...and you guys didn't capitalize, so Philly can still be known as Choke City USA.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Canty hasn't been on the injury list all week.
Good news for Giants fans. He's a good run stuffer.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
The one you guys had AT HOME? lol. If Romo wasn't out for a month, that game would've been meaningless. ...and you guys didn't capitalize, so Philly can still be known as Choke City USA.
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all be fat and jolly. I'm sorry for discarding Tony Romo's legendary clutch ability. It won't happen again.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all be fat and jolly. I'm sorry for discarding Tony Romo's legendary clutch ability. It won't happen again.
Remember when Peyton Manning "couldn't win the big one"? Yeah, people who criticize a QB's talent based off what the team has accomplished think Dan Marino is worse than Eli Manning.

Dallas lost. Badly. But when it comes to losing in the playoffs, you guys have got to be the champs at that. The team has let you down over and over and over, and I credit you for your belief that this will finally be your season. But I bet you would give up all your playoff wins for 1 ring. Maybe you don't think losing in the playoffs is choking... Is that it? You consider it SUCCESS!!!....??? You glory in that??? You find peace and satisfaction in it???

The Eagles fan base has completely brain washed themselves into thinking that playoff wins mean a damn just to save their own sanity from year to year and that is just sad and distorted. Now go home and cry!

2nd place is just as good as last when it comes to what really matters. Last year, we were in the same boat. The only tangible difference was a separation of 8 picks in the draft. Congratulations.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
The Eagles fan base has completely brain washed themselves into thinking that playoff wins mean a damn just to save their own sanity from year to year and that is just sad and distorted.
If you're going to accuse someone of something, please do make an effort to be accurate. I've said that playoff wins don't matter unless you get the last one many times.

Quote:
Now go home and cry!
What are you, six?
Old 09-11-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You now what else is sad? That Dallas fans have convinced themselves that playoff wins mean nothing. Basically what you just said is you would rather lose for 14 straight years in the playoffs than win 10 games and make 5 NFC Championship games. Somehow, I don't believe that, sure a superbowl win would be great but you can't discredit wins in do or die situations just because they haven't won the big one, 10 games > 0 games.

With that logic last years Patriots were as good as the Lions because neither made the playoffs.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
If you're going to accuse someone of something, please do make an effort to be accurate. I've said that playoff wins don't matter unless you get the last one many times.

What are you, six?
Sniper you know I love jabbing you and you do the same, so let's not get all serious all of a sudden. I can't talk like that to most people. That's why I like you. ;)

Eagles kicked our ass fair and share and I'm quite certain I called Romo the second coming of Jake Delhomme after that game. Pissed the freakin' hell outta me.

...But you guys are still Choke City, USA! :D
Old 09-11-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
...But you guys are still Choke City, USA! :D

you were saying... :D
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
You now what else is sad? That Dallas fans have convinced themselves that playoff wins mean nothing. Basically what you just said is you would rather lose for 14 straight years in the playoffs than win 10 games and make 5 NFC Championship games. Somehow, I don't believe that, sure a superbowl win would be great but you can't discredit wins in do or die situations just because they haven't won the big one, 10 games > 0 games.

With that logic last years Patriots were as good as the Lions because neither made the playoffs.
At least we got there the theme song of the Philadelphia Eagles. Don't get me wrong even a winning season is a distant memory for my Detroit Lions. But seriously at whatever point you actually win the big one you will know how silly at least we got there really is.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote