Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 09-11-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
You now what else is sad? That Dallas fans have convinced themselves that playoff wins mean nothing. Basically what you just said is you would rather lose for 14 straight years in the playoffs than win 10 games and make 5 NFC Championship games. Somehow, I don't believe that, sure a superbowl win would be great but you can't discredit wins in do or die situations just because they haven't won the big one, 10 games > 0 games.

With that logic last years Patriots were as good as the Lions because neither made the playoffs.
This is exactly what I mean by brain washed. ^^^

Playoff wins are only great if it takes you all the way. There's no glory in coming up short. Only more pain.

Besides, of course I think playoff wins are meaningless all alone.

How can you blame me???

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
At least we got there the theme song of the Philadelphia Eagles. Don't get me wrong even a winning season is a distant memory for my Detroit Lions. But seriously at whatever point you actually win the big one you will know how silly at least we got there really is.
That is more than the Cowboys can say. You're right, I would absolutely love to win the big one but we haven't but that doesn't discredit the post-season successes the Eagles have had, which is far more than the Cowboys or any other team in the NFC this decade. Not winning the big one does not mean that 10 postseason wins are tossed out the window.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy

Quote:

you were saying... :D
Yes Romo is a horrible place holder. You got us there. I guess he'll have to settle for just being a quarterback. Good one.

And in the last picture it was 4th down with no time left. Romo had no other choice but to throw it up for grabs because no one was getting open. So unless you know nothing about football I would hardly say he was choking there.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Playoff wins are only great if it takes you all the way. There's no glory in coming up short. Only more pain.

How can you blame me???
They cling to their "playoff wins" because that is all they have. After winning five superbowls anything less is a disappointment. Eagles are just a pathetic franchise so they wouldn't know any better.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

How can you blame me???

Those are nice and... irrelevant. Congrats the last time you won something in the playoffs was 15 seasons ago, BRAVO! BRAVO! Maybe Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin can lead you to another superbowl. Oh wait...

Here is the question would you rather have 10 post season wins and 5 NFC Championship games or would you rather make the playoffs twice in 14 years and have 0 wins? If you tell me you would rather have the latter you are lying.

The Eagles haven't won the big one but at least they can say they've done something in 14 years, at least they've made it to the big game in 14 years which is much more than the Cowboys can say. You cannot discredit 10 wins.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
What have the Cowboys done in recent years to warrant all this love??
They have had winning seasons for the past 4 years.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

you were saying... :D
This has officially become the best TRASH talking NFC East thread in existence. :D

Dallas Cowboys

New York Giants

Washington Redskins

Philadelphia Eagles

Yes, I was saying.... :D
Old 09-11-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Quote:
Those are nice and... irrelevant. .
Superbowl wins are irrelevant? Jealous much?

Being a football fan is not just about who has the better team any given year. Being a football fan is about being a fan of the franchise past present and future. You are just deluded. You could only wish you had as many superbowl trophies as we do. But unfortunately for you the Eagles will never get that many. It is doubtful whether they will get any.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post

Being a football fan is not just about who has the better team any given year. Being a football fan is about being a fan of the franchise past present and future. You are just deluded. You could only wish you had as many superbowl trophies as we do. But unfortunately for you the Eagles will never get that many. It is doubtful whether they will get any.
Please stop replying to me, I could give a **** about what you have to say. There is a reason you have that many red bars beneath your name...

Here let me explain why they are irrelevant in this discussion, we're discussing teams THIS YEAR. Wait what's that? You're telling me those were all won over 14 years ago? You're telling me that not one of those players are currently on the roster? You mean to tell me that unless we're discussing team history, they're irrelevant? Yes, yes I am. Not knocking it because I would love to have one of those but we aren't discussing teams from the early 90's are we? Didn't think we were.

and once again I'm glad to know you can tell the future.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Those are nice and... irrelevant. Congrats the last time you won something in the playoffs was 15 seasons ago, BRAVO! BRAVO! Maybe Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin can lead you to another superbowl. Oh wait...

Here is the question would you rather have 10 post season wins and 5 NFC Championship games or would you rather make the playoffs twice in 14 years and have 0 wins? If you tell me you would rather have the latter you are lying.

The Eagles haven't won the big one but at least they can say they've done something in 14 years, at least they've made it to the big game in 14 years which is much more than the Cowboys can say. You cannot discredit 10 wins.
Sure, if you only wanna go back so far, I would take your success. But is tunnel vision your only solice? It's the big picture that matters buddy. That's why the Steelers are the greatest football franchise in the NFL and every other team is really just chasing them after last year.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems like the Giants have the best of both worlds right now, making the playoffs consistently and winning a Super Bowl in that time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Whether we agree or disagree... You always crack me up quincy.

Can't wait for the season to start already!!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It seems like the Giants have the best of both worlds right now, making the playoffs consistently and winning a Super Bowl in that time.
That's why I have you winning the division. Hopefully it doesn't happen!
Old 09-11-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Quote:
Please stop replying to me, I could give a **** about what you have to say. There is a reason you have that many red bars beneath your name...
Wow I must be really owning you for you to cry uncle like that...

Quote:
Here let me explain why they are irrelevant in this discussion, we're discussing teams THIS YEAR. Wait what's that? You're telling me those were all won over 14 years ago? You're telling me that not one of those players are currently on the roster? You mean to tell me that unless we're discussing team history, they're irrelevant? Yes, yes I am. Not knocking it because I would love to have one of those but we aren't discussing teams from the early 90's are we? Didn't think we were.
Well we didn't just win superbowls in the 90's. Ever heard of Tom Landry? Anyhow, this whole thread has gone off on any number of topics, so I could care less about you whining in bold and all caps. Our team is the better franchise overall and you know it and there is nothing you can do to change that.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I have a feeling this season is gonna be real harsh on a few of us. :p

...outside of the humbled Redskins fans out there. WE LOVE YOU!
Old 09-11-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Sure, if you only wanna go back so far, I would take your success. But is tunnel vision your only solice? It's the big picture that matters buddy. That's why the Steelers are the greatest football franchise in the NFL and every other team is really just chasing them after last year.
I see what you're saying and honestly I think we're just seeing the issue differently. You think the past matters and I think it has no relevance if it hasn't been done recently. I think either argument can be argued, and I think we're both right in a way.

The Steelers were great and still are great and that is why teams are following their model.

But I think you would REALLY be pushing it if you tried to tell me that the Eagles were chasing the 49ers who I believe have 5 superbowl wins as well.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Quote:
Steelers win by playing dirty and the zebras could care less. Harrison should have been thrown out of the game for beating the crap out of that defenseless Cardinal player when he went into his roid rage. If the refs did their job Harrison would have never had that pick and the Cardinals would have won the superbowl.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wow I must be really owning you for you to cry uncle like that...

Well we didn't just win superbowls in the 90's. Ever heard of Tom Landry? Anyhow, this whole thread has gone off on any number of topics, so I could care less about you whining in bold and all caps. Our team is the better franchise overall and you know it and there is nothing you can do to change that.

A. I don't care to argue with someone like you so please... stop wasting both our time.
B. Yes I have heard of Landry, and did he not win his over 14 years ago?
C. Yes, you have more superbowl wins but that does not make you a better team this year, and that does not make the Eagles pitiful.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Steelers win by playing dirty and the zebras could care less. Harrison should have been thrown out of the game for beating the crap out of that defenseless Cardinal player when he went into his roid rage. If the refs did their job Harrison would have never had that pick and the Cardinals would have won the superbowl.
That... AND Franco Harris will lie through his teeth telling you the ball DIDN'T touch the ground.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Quote:

A. I don't care to argue with someone like you so please... stop wasting both our time.
B. Yes I have heard of Landry, and did he not win his over 14 years ago?
C. Yes, you have more superbowl wins but that does not make you a better team this year, and that does not make the Eagles pitiful.
Eagles have been playing since the Superbowl's inception, and has never won one. I'm pretty sure that would make any team pitiful.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

OK OK OK OK ok ok ok.....

For this season, I think the Eagles expecting big things is a bit premature. Their weapons are young. The future is bright, but patience will be key.

Giants have some figuring out to do as far as who will step up and fill big shoes, but so do the Cowboys... in both cases, I think players WILL step up.

Redskins... um... just hang in there until Colt is the starter. (Hopefully Brennan and not McCoy) :p
Old 09-13-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Over the last decade, here's how I rank the NFCE;

#1 - Giants. Philly may have more playoff wins/appearances, but the Giants trump them with 2 NFC championships and winning the Lombardi.

#2 - Eagles. Have won more games and done just about everything in the postseason except bring home the silver trophy.

#3 - Redskins. We aren't dragging the caboose only because we have more playoff wins in the last 10 years than Dallas.

# 4 Dallas. Who cares? They still have 5 SB trophies and I believe more SB appearances than any team in the league. Last 10 years have been something of a dry spell, but that should be fixed with a new HC. Shanny anyone??
FUNBUNCHER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:15 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
lol D-Unit you better hope that o-line remains heathly and somehow can stop speed rushers off the edge.

I see the Giants domnating the entire NFC, 12-4/14-2. The second team will be the Eagles with a 11-5/10-6 record, the talent they have on the skill postions, and trenches, are too deep to not have success. The loses of their MLB and Johnson will lose them some games though. Next, the Cowboys. I believe they lose more then gained anything in an already weak front 7. A lot of questions remain on that offense so I see them going 8-9/7-9. The Redskins spent too much money on less players; the o-line isn't depenable to help out Portis and their passing attack can not dominate games, because of poor QB play. The defense is full of what ifs and not much depth behind the starters, so i predict a 6-10/4-12 season.
I am perfect ;)